Author Topic: Trump floats canceling White House press briefings  (Read 9094 times)

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
Re: Trump floats canceling White House press briefings
« Reply #50 on: May 13, 2017, 01:21:25 am »
This is what a dictator would do. Trump wants to control what he considers to be "truth". Like it or not, the POTUS works for the people of the US.

These rubes only care if Trump is sticking it to liberals. Working for the people of the US are niceties of the past.

Offline DiogenesLamp

« Reply #51 on: May 13, 2017, 01:30:47 am »
   @DiogenesLamp the little bit I've seen of OAN I liked, they are not on my DishTV lineup, but if they were I might reconsider cancelling the whole dam thing now that the NBA Playoffs are over for me.  I get all my news from you informed people, and for that I am grateful for the intellect you all share.

I read something last week that said they were going to be on the Dish Network.   Let me see if I can find it. 

‘What all the wise men promised has not happened, and what all the damned fools said would happen has come to pass.’
— Lord Melbourne —

Offline DiogenesLamp

« Reply #52 on: May 13, 2017, 01:40:27 am »
   @DiogenesLamp the little bit I've seen of OAN I liked, they are not on my DishTV lineup, but if they were I might reconsider cancelling the whole dam thing now that the NBA Playoffs are over for me.  I get all my news from you informed people, and for that I am grateful for the intellect you all share.

Okay,  I found it and I had remembered wrong.  Duh.   It wasn't Dish,  it was DirectTV.   

http://www.oann.com/one-america-news-network-wealth-entertainment-launching-directv-directv-now/
‘What all the wise men promised has not happened, and what all the damned fools said would happen has come to pass.’
— Lord Melbourne —

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

Offline Lando Lincoln

« Reply #54 on: May 13, 2017, 01:51:21 am »

Okay,  I found it and I had remembered wrong.  Duh.   It wasn't Dish,  it was DirectTV.   

http://www.oann.com/one-america-news-network-wealth-entertainment-launching-directv-directv-now/

Thank you for the info!  I have heard good reports of OAN. I didn't know it was coming to DirectTV.   Thanks again!
There are some among us who live in rooms of experience we can never enter.
John Steinbeck

Offline DB

« Reply #55 on: May 13, 2017, 02:46:49 am »
Fire Spicer. Hire Gary Busey. Problem solved.

LOL!

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #56 on: May 13, 2017, 03:04:27 am »

You could just save everyone a lot of time and simply say "I hate Trump".    It's a lot less words to read. 

Everything you have written in this thread  boils down to that same message.
Dittos
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline truth_seeker

« Reply #57 on: May 13, 2017, 03:10:23 am »
This is what a dictator would do.

What has Trump actually done, like a dictator?

Offline raml

« Reply #58 on: May 13, 2017, 05:14:32 am »
I use to love coming here it was truly conservatives here now mostly liberals. I agree with the same people I always did but most are gone now and no where on this site anymore. You hate Trump for the most part and I am thrilled he is in nothing would have gotten done if a strong person hadn't won he still has a ways to go but he is not a bleep taking all the shit most of you put out about him. There are a lot of people thrilled with him forget your polls I believe none of them and what is happening now show they are no good. You have ruined a good site but luckily I have all my friends that are logical common sense people thousands of them and I stay over on facebook with them now and avoid this crap you give out. Have fun sounding a bit paranoid about Trump you do sound silly.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2017, 05:15:54 am by raml »

Offline truth_seeker

« Reply #59 on: May 13, 2017, 05:23:42 am »
I use to love coming here it was truly conservatives here now mostly liberals. I agree with the same people I always did but most are gone now and no where on this site anymore. You hate Trump for the most part and I am thrilled he is in nothing would have gotten done if a strong person hadn't won he still has a ways to go but he is not a bleep taking all the shit most of you put out about him. There are a lot of people thrilled with him forget your polls I believe none of them and what is happening now show they are no good. You have ruined a good site but luckily I have all my friends that are logical common sense people thousands of them and I stay over on facebook with them now and avoid this crap you give out. Have fun sounding a bit paranoid about Trump you do sound silly.
Dittos

Offline DB

« Reply #60 on: May 13, 2017, 05:30:36 am »

Funny how pragmatists confuse conservatives as "liberals"... Sorry we're too stupid for your "logical common sense" and all. I don't see you actually arguing a point based on all that logical common sense you say you possess - just preening your superiority.

Regarding Trump, no one sabotages Trump more than Trump.

Offline DB

« Reply #61 on: May 13, 2017, 05:31:33 am »
Dittos

You really want to go with that?

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #62 on: May 13, 2017, 05:41:34 am »

I get why you feel this way but there are quite a few people here willing to give Trump a chance and hoping that he gets a conservative agenda passed. 

Hang for a while longer.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline truth_seeker

« Reply #63 on: May 13, 2017, 05:50:29 am »

Sure. Why would or should I do otherwise?

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #64 on: May 13, 2017, 06:24:01 am »

Sure.  Why not?    ^-^
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline DB

« Reply #65 on: May 13, 2017, 06:51:29 am »
Sure. Why would or should I do otherwise?

So you affirm that this site was once populated by conservatives and now is populated by "liberals". And that "logical common sense" is not present here anymore.

Alright then. I'll put you down as thinking that way.

Offline DiogenesLamp

« Reply #66 on: May 13, 2017, 07:10:48 pm »
Thank you for the info!  I have heard good reports of OAN. I didn't know it was coming to DirectTV.   Thanks again!

You're welcome.   I hope they manage to grow big and become the actual conservative network in this nation. 

It's about time we had a conservative network with the reach of the big ones. 

— Lord Melbourne —

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #67 on: May 13, 2017, 07:26:27 pm »
I don't know why, but Amazon stopped streaming it on my Fire Stick.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Lando Lincoln

« Reply #68 on: May 13, 2017, 07:57:43 pm »
I get why you feel this way but there are quite a few people here willing to give Trump a chance and hoping that he gets a conservative agenda passed. 

Hang for a while longer.

I am one of those folks.
John Steinbeck

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #69 on: May 13, 2017, 08:12:35 pm »

You're welcome.   I hope they manage to grow big and become the actual conservative network in this nation. 

The takeover of the FOXNEWS channel by the Murdoch sons is to ensure that Trump is a one-term POTUS.

Compared to FOXNEWS, OAN is 'baby' Moses floating in the basket.  And we've no time for him to grow up.

They haven't the reach do they?  And their current lineup schedule is like watching an extended version of "Headline News".

Liz Wheeler and Graham Ledger are terrific.   But, the newsreaders could be licensed hypnotists.

Stepford Wives with an NPR 'delivery'.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Lando Lincoln

« Reply #70 on: May 13, 2017, 08:14:09 pm »

Me too! I'm anxious to give it a look.
John Steinbeck

Offline truth_seeker

« Reply #71 on: May 13, 2017, 09:50:15 pm »
So you affirm that this site was once populated by conservatives and now is populated by "liberals". And that "logical common sense" is not present here anymore.

Alright then. I'll put you down as thinking that way.
In my own words, put me down for "#nasty #nevertrumps" have changed the nature of the site for the worse, and made smart-ass name calling the norm, instead of the exception.

I think that sums up the meaning of the post which I agreed with. If you pay careful attention you will observe that several people are making the same claim. 

Offline Rivergirl

« Reply #72 on: May 13, 2017, 10:19:33 pm »
Objections to anyone daring to criticize the president is rather ludicrous.    We see things as they are and not as some wish them to be.
IMHO, DT's only claim to fame is that he's not Hillary.
His obsessive tweeting does him nor anyone else any good at all.   It creates a level of unrest for his own aides and the rest of us who are then subjected to statements about what he really really meant, or i's a joke, or he didn't say what you think you heard him say.

Offline truth_seeker

« Reply #73 on: May 13, 2017, 10:28:36 pm »
Objections to anyone daring to criticize the president is rather ludicrous.    We see things as they are and not as some wish them to be.
IMHO, DT's only claim to fame is that he's not Hillary.
His obsessive tweeting does him nor anyone else any good at all.   It creates a level of unrest for his own aides and the rest of us who are then subjected to statements about what he really really meant, or i's a joke, or he didn't say what you think you heard him say.
DT's claim to fame is he effing won, which is not the case for any other candidate, democrat or Republican.

Such a simple concept need not be so hard to understand.

Republicans/conservatives bitching and moaning about him, are illogical. He is trying to do most of the things they have been asking for, for many years.

Offline DB

« Reply #74 on: May 13, 2017, 10:37:20 pm »
In my own words, put me down for "#nasty #nevertrumps" have changed the nature of the site for the worse, and made smart-ass name calling the norm, instead of the exception.

I think that sums up the meaning of the post which I agreed with. If you pay careful attention you will observe that several people are making the same claim.

So the smart ass name calling of conservatives "liberals", which you "dittoed", and "Hillary supporters" which they are clearly neither of doesn't count in your mind... Perhaps with some careful attention you would recognize the hypocrisy of it all.