Author Topic: Trump 'very happy' with this spending bill outlawing a future border wall  (Read 21605 times)

Online Right_in_Virginia

Is he *happy* with the continued funding of Planned Parenthood?

Trump signed a bill into law ending the Obama-era regulation that blocked states from banning Planned Parenthood funding..... (states can ban Planned Parenthood funding) @mystery-ak   Defunding PP altogether is to be part of the health care bill.

Trump signs bill allowing states to strip funding from Planned Parenthood
Washington Examiner, Apr 13, 2017

President Trump on Thursday signed a bill that would allow states to withhold family planning funds from Planned Parenthood and other clinics that provide abortions.

The bill overturns a rule that the previous administration enacted shortly before the end of former President Barack Obama's term, which prevented states from disqualifying an organization from federal family planning grants, called Title X, if they provide abortions. The rule was aimed at protecting Planned Parenthood from various defunding efforts among Republicans.

The president of Susan B. Anthony List, which opposes abortion, called Obama's move a "parting gift to the abortion industry."

"The resolution signed today simply ensures that states are not forced to fund an abortion business with Title X taxpayer dollars," said Marjorie Dannenfelser, president of SBA List. "Rather, states have the option to spend money on comprehensive healthcare clinics that better serve women and girls."

http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/trump-signs-bill-allowing-states-to-strip-funding-from-planned-parenthood/article/2620213

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
@Smokin Joe

You said the above about BFAC.  She would come after me every time I posted.  After answering her twice, I realized it was useless to speak to her, so I didn't answer anymore.  Then, Jim started throwing off old timers and Onyx accused me of going to another website and telling people not to give Jim money.  I didn't do that, so I wrote them both a private letter and left and my monthly money went with me.  Onyx and I used to send messages to each other and even regular email.  I was stunned when she turned into a wild devil.  I think she didn't like the relationship Jim and I had and I think that is why he didn't zot me.  I can still post there but there is no reason to do that.
Did you see the Trump Family Ping Thread over there? http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-chat/3396474/posts
They actually discussed spamming specific posters (in general) as a tactic, then that went quiet on the thread (I was linking it every chance I got, expecting outrage). Instead, I got spammed to the point that coming here was like walking into air conditioning on a humid 100 degree day.
For the most part, they can have each other. They were not interested in rational discussion, only the shoutdown.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2017, 03:53:11 pm by Smokin Joe »
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
Trump signed a bill into law ending the Obama-era regulation that blocked states from banning Planned Parenthood funding..... (states can ban Planned Parenthood funding) @mystery-ak   Defunding PP altogether is to be part of the health care bill.

That's a fair point to discuss and give credit for if it turns out to be what is claimed, but so far, with the budget bill, makes it pretty much a wash (and PP funding in large part comes from HHS, not Obamacare).

This is the kind of discussion this site is usually good for and not the sniping and platitudes Bean on FR is spitting out.

Oceander

Told Ya So!

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
That's a fair point to discuss and give credit for if it turns out to be what is claimed, but so far, with the budget bill, makes it pretty much a wash (and PP funding in large part comes from HHS, not Obamacare).

This is the kind of discussion this site is usually good for and not the sniping and platitudes Bean on FR is spitting out.
Yep. Matt 8:22 pretty much sums it up for me. I don't care what they think at this point.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Idaho_Cowboy

• Ride for the Brand - Joshua 24:15
Look for "Good Eats" reruns online with Alton Brown.
It's great comedy even if you never make the dish he's showing.
“The way I see it, every time a man gets up in the morning he starts his life over. Sure, the bills are there to pay, and the job is there to do, but you don't have to stay in a pattern. You can always start over, saddle a fresh horse and take another trail.” ― Louis L'Amour

Offline Idaho_Cowboy

• Ride for the Brand - Joshua 24:15
Thanks, but Ammohead73 on Youtube is more likely my style :) I can certainly recommend Hillbilly Kitchen on Youtube, if you like it done up Southern... She ain't all gussied up, nothing fancy, but it's guuuuud cookin.

Actually, I ain't half bad at cooking... but any country gal worth her salt (heh, there's a pun in there) would run rings around me (canning rings, that is).
There's always C Dub.  :laugh: I love his books.
https://www.ceedubs.com/
“The way I see it, every time a man gets up in the morning he starts his life over. Sure, the bills are there to pay, and the job is there to do, but you don't have to stay in a pattern. You can always start over, saddle a fresh horse and take another trail.” ― Louis L'Amour

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.

Needs a good starter article, and for people to see it, to get a good discussion going. Life News section isn't in the twitter feed, and it damned well should be - that would help too.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member

OK, now correct me if I'm wrong, but I understand that he removed the block, but then is supporting the bill in the House that funds PP?  That's not exactly a win, if so.

Oceander

It's great comedy even if you never make the dish he's showing.

It's good science, too.

Online Right_in_Virginia

Wonder if JimRob may have a little buyers remorse for all of us Cruz supporters he zotted?

Why @catfish1957

http://thenewrevere.com/2017/03/top-100-conservative-websites-in-march-2017/ 

Offline roamer_1

Everyone who knows me and TBR knows we/I am PRO LIFE and that was the main reason I voted for Trump.

And the lion's share of us that recently arrived, Cruzers all, represent the Christian Right, and the FAR right from FR. Every man jack of us is Pro-Life, many of us actively so.

The accusation is nothing but a damnable lie... And partly why the person in question is the only one to have a reserved seat on my ignore list.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
Told Ya So!

@Oceander I think we're gonna get tired of saying that over the next four years.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Oceander

@Oceander I think we're gonna get tired of saying that over the next four years.

Yes indeed

Offline roamer_1

There's always C Dub.  :laugh: I love his books.
https://www.ceedubs.com/

I've never read him, but I've watched him on Youtube.
I wonder just how many of us have actually ate chuck wagon fare... Sadly to me, I doubt I ever will again. Anther symbol of the Cowboy life that is all but gone now.

Offline ABX

Needs a good starter article, and for people to see it, to get a good discussion going. Life News section isn't in the twitter feed, and it damned well should be - that would help too.

The Twitter feed is a bit limited because I am paying for it. I have it limited right now to the top categories and manually add in articles from others when I have time. I'll go and check to see if we are still feeding the relevant categories and swap some out.

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
The Twitter feed is a bit limited because I am paying for it. I have it limited right now to the top categories and manually add in articles from others when I have time. I'll go and check to see if we are still feeding the relevant categories and swap some out.

Thank you, kind sir!  :beer:
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!

pm
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Idiot

Organization of Oil Producing States? (OOPS?) Nah, that won't work.
lolololololololol

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
Good old BFAC...lol, from what I read, she was neither black or a captain (no link, though). She went crying to JimRob over my remarks to her (nothing personal, just debate), and JR lambasted me. No problem, I used to be a regular contributor, but no more.

I was Class of '98, like many who moved here.

I wonder if BFAC is still posting over there.  I also heard/read that she was 'none of the above' and I wonder if she didn't choose that name to be sure she was above criticism.  Oh, yeah.  Nostalgia in a good way.  I was such an old timer that I joined the same day the site was founded.  Before that we were posting on a site called Whitewater.

I don't regret my first years there.  There were some really smart people posting and we did take down Dan Rather, although he's crawled back up.

It was during the primary of 2012 that I became disillusioned.  People started to get very nasty during that primary and engage in horrible personal attacks.  I was for Rick Perry and he was particularly despised by some people over there.  I left FR after that and only ventured back to support Cruz during the 2016 primary.  Again things got out of hand and again JimRob let it happen.

So I am glad the mods here are pretty strict about the personal attacks because, if left unchecked, it can ruin a forum.

I admit I attacked someone (mildly) yesterday.  I was provoked but I still feel bad about it.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
I wonder if BFAC is still posting over there.  I also heard/read that she was 'none of the above' and I wonder if she didn't choose that name to be sure she was above criticism.  Oh, yeah.  Nostalgia in a good way.  I was such an old timer that I joined the same day the site was founded.  Before that we were posting on a site called Whitewater.

I don't regret my first years there.  There were some really smart people posting and we did take down Dan Rather, although he's crawled back up.

It was during the primary of 2012 that I became disillusioned.  People started to get very nasty during that primary and engage in horrible personal attacks.  I was for Rick Perry and he was particularly despised by some people over there.  I left FR after that and only ventured back to support Cruz during the 2016 primary.  Again things got out of hand and again JimRob let it happen.

So I am glad the mods here are pretty strict about the personal attacks because, if left unchecked, it can ruin a forum.

I admit I attacked someone (mildly) yesterday.  I was provoked but I still feel bad about it.

Yes, if ever there were a case for not allowing personal attacks, TOS is it.

Online catfish1957

• If you are a democrat.... You are my enemy. We will never forget May 30, 2024. FJB
  • Political Researcher
Why @catfish1957

http://thenewrevere.com/2017/03/top-100-conservative-websites-in-march-2017/

34th?  Why don't you tell the whole story.  It hasn't been that many years ago that FR was consistently in the Alexa Top 20 of conservative sites.

And anyway is FR even conservative anymore?  Sounds more just like an orange echo chamber to me.

CF1957 (Proudly dotted from FR after being there 16 years)
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online catfish1957

• If you are a democrat.... You are my enemy. We will never forget May 30, 2024. FJB
  • Political Researcher
« Last Edit: May 03, 2017, 06:21:29 pm by catfish1957 »
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline ABX

34th?  Why don't you tell the whole story.  It hasn't been that many years ago that FR was consistently in the Alexa Top 20 of conservative sites.

And anyway is FR even conservative anymore?  Sounds more just like an orange echo chamber to me.

CF1957 (Proudly dotted from FR after being there 16 years)

I've pointed this out in several other threads, but anything that currently uses Alexa ratings are pretty much worthless these days.  Alexa stopped indexing out of the box forums about 3 years ago so even though our traffic has increased 4-5 fold and is above about 40% of those sites, we barely register there.

Alexa also still relies on toolbar users for a large percentage of their sample which, as everyone here knows, only applies to older browsers (example current Edge, Chrome, and Firefox won't allow the toolbar) and doesn't pick up mobile traffic.

There is no doubt that FR is going to remain high for a while because they've been around so long they dominate search engine results, not to mention, they have a much older demographic who has a much older browsers and OS so may use the toolbar still. (raise your hand if you remember the last time you used a browser toolbar). However, even from this ranking, they've dropped a lot in the past few years, they used to always be in the top 10 of all political websites, not just Conservative sites.

Online catfish1957

• Political Researcher
Sometimes dinosaurs die off slowly.

Especially those which piss off 50% of your base (customers)