Author Topic: Last Day Before Election: Most Major Polls Have Hillary Clinton Winning  (Read 53148 times)

Offline GrouchoTex

Re: Last Day Before Election: Most Major Polls Have Hillary Clinton Winning
« Reply #575 on: November 08, 2016, 12:07:21 pm »
There it is. That was one fantastic post @montanajoe .

888high58888
Same way here.
I voted down ballot republican but 3rd party in the POTUS race.
I just couldn't look my wife, kids, and grand kids in the eye and tell them I voted for either of the two of them.
I'm in Texas, solidly red for the POTUS race, so my vote won't hurt Trump's chances of taking the state (not this year, anyway).
« Last Edit: November 08, 2016, 12:09:54 pm by GrouchoTex »

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #576 on: November 08, 2016, 12:10:18 pm »
Same way here.
I just couldn't look my wife, kids, and grand kids in the eye and tell them I voted for either of the two of them.

Good for you!  :beer: :beer:

I'm in Texas, solidly red for the POTUS race, so my vote won't hurt Trump's chances of taken the state (not this year, anyway).

Wouldn't make no never mind for me anyhow - Even if I knew going in that my vote decided the whole shooting match - My vote would remain the same.

Offline GrouchoTex

« Reply #577 on: November 08, 2016, 12:13:27 pm »
Good for you!  :beer: :beer:

Wouldn't make no never mind for me anyhow - Even if I knew going in that my vote decided the whole shooting match - My vote would remain the same.

True, but I wonder how I'd vote if this were truly a battleground state.
Not to wimp out, and I'd like to think I wouldn't cave, but it would be hard to swallow with letting Hillary get elected.
Tough year.........

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #578 on: November 08, 2016, 12:14:11 pm »
Same way here.
I'm in Texas, solidly red for the POTUS race, so my vote won't hurt Trump's chances of taking the state (not this year, anyway).

So....IOW....you weighed the 'risk' before you climbed up on the soapbox, huh? 

So long as you figured there would be others in your State to save you from a Hillary Clinton nightmare....it provides you a chance to get all virtuous and 'principled'

**nononono*
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline GrouchoTex

« Reply #579 on: November 08, 2016, 12:15:37 pm »

So long as you figured there would be others in your State to save you from a Hillary Clinton nightmare....it provides you a chance to get all virtuous and 'principled'

**nononono*

Like I said right before you posted:
Not to wimp out, and I'd like to think I wouldn't cave, but it would be hard to swallow with letting Hillary get elected.
Tough year.........
Yeah, it gave me an out, I'll freely admit it.

« Last Edit: November 08, 2016, 12:16:46 pm by GrouchoTex »

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #580 on: November 08, 2016, 12:17:00 pm »
Tough year.........

No worries - One less vote for a mandate - which is a very good thing.

Online jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #581 on: November 08, 2016, 12:30:38 pm »
Forget for a moment about if Trump loses and Hillary wins, and if I could live with that. Think for a moment about if Trump actually does win—could I live with knowing my vote contributed to that?

The answer, for me, is no, I couldn't.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline aligncare

« Reply #582 on: November 08, 2016, 12:32:32 pm »

**nononono*

DC, good to have you engaged in here. The #NeverTrumpers have tried their best (or their worst–since they trade only in lies and smears...BIG LEAGUE) to stop Donald Trump. But I'm afraid it's like trying to stop a steamroller...BIG LEAGUE. LOL!

I will admit however that the sheer numbers of Nevers around here did depress the participation of Trump supporters. But now most folks are seeing the handwriting on the wall, and I ain't gonna walk on egg shells anymore.

They came in here and fouled this once wonderful website – where members used to disagree without being disagreeable. But, as you know, #NeverTrump doesn't do agreeable disagreeing.

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #583 on: November 08, 2016, 12:41:19 pm »
Good night ladies and gentlemen. I'll leave you now to go watch a documentary about this thread and the zany inhabitants of TBR. It's called "One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest"

Au Revoir
Good night, Nurse Ratchett.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline DCPatriot

"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #585 on: November 08, 2016, 12:48:34 pm »
I wonder if I can ignore the whole thought of a Presidency for the next four years.

Oh I most certainly can. Like I say, back to the office. Important stuff and all

Offline DCPatriot

« Reply #586 on: November 08, 2016, 12:50:50 pm »
DC, good to have you engaged in here. The #NeverTrumpers have tried their best (or their worst–since they trade only in lies and smears...BIG LEAGUE) to stop Donald Trump. But I'm afraid it's like trying to stop a steamroller...BIG LEAGUE. LOL!

I will admit however that the sheer numbers of Nevers around here did depress the participation of Trump supporters. But now most folks are seeing the handwriting on the wall, and I ain't gonna walk on egg shells anymore.

They came in here and fouled this once wonderful website – where members used to disagree without being disagreeable. But, as you know, #NeverTrump doesn't do agreeable disagreeing.

Thanks, Sal.

We'll know this evening, just what 'country' we're leaving our children.

:patriot:

Offline DCPatriot

« Reply #587 on: November 08, 2016, 12:54:30 pm »
Like I said right before you posted:
Tough year.........
Yeah, it gave me an out, I'll freely admit it.

I could understand the thinking if Texas was deep blue right now.

IOW....I could play that 'game' you are in Maryland.   My single vote doesn't mean a thing in this cesspool.

But for any State 'in play'.....this is no time for taking any chances, my friend. 

Offline aligncare

« Reply #588 on: November 08, 2016, 12:55:02 pm »

**nononono*

The fact is a large popular vote for Mr. Trump would go along way in helping to shut up the liberals and squishes in Congress. A landslide EC and popular vote victory might stiffen their spines a bit.

Of course, NeverTrump works against that. Sad that they are still so emotionally wounded by their primary loss that they can't see the forest for the trees. But at least they're not bitter.

They're just consumed by a gnawing hate eating away their guts until they can taste the bile in their mouth. Well I guess they are a little bitter. LOL!

Offline Lando Lincoln

« Reply #589 on: November 08, 2016, 12:55:43 pm »
@Smokin Joe, I read your wonderful comments up thread about raising your family. Mrs. L and I raised our twin sons very similarly.  They are 24 now and they are very good men.

Blessings
There are some among us who live in rooms of experience we can never enter.
John Steinbeck

Offline aligncare

« Reply #590 on: November 08, 2016, 01:01:59 pm »
Thanks, Sal.

We'll know this evening, just what 'country' we're leaving our children.

:patriot:

I still have faith in the American people. Mr. Trump is eminently likable and has laid out a positive vision for American renewal. I suspect his administration will change a lot of minds about himself and what great things America is capable of, once again.

Make America Great Again is not just a slogan. For Mr. Trump, it's a promise.

Go Trump-Pence!

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #591 on: November 08, 2016, 01:02:33 pm »
The fact is a large popular vote for Mr. Trump would go along way in helping to shut up the liberals and squishes in Congress. A landslide EC and popular vote victory might stiffen their spines a bit.

Of course, NeverTrump works against that. Sad that they are still so emotionally wounded by their primary loss that they can't see the forest for the trees. But at least they're not bitter.

They're just consumed by a gnawing hate eating away their guts until they can taste the bile in their mouth. Well I guess they are a little bitter. LOL!

Project much?
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #592 on: November 08, 2016, 01:04:06 pm »
... I ain't gonna walk on egg shells anymore.

And don't ever think folks don't appreciate your magnanimity.  It's the stuff of legends.  :talkhand:
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #593 on: November 08, 2016, 01:05:34 pm »
I still have faith in the American people. Mr. Trump is eminently likable and has laid out a positive vision for American renewal. I suspect his administration will change a lot of minds about himself and what great things America is capable of, once again.

Make America Great Again is not just a slogan. For Mr. Trump, it's a promise.

Go Trump-Pence!

I voted trump.

Offline Lando Lincoln

« Reply #594 on: November 08, 2016, 01:08:39 pm »

I voted trump.

Well, I voted. #14 at my polling place.  It still feels Sacred to me.  My vote today is between the Lord and me. May He have a Divine Plan.
There are some among us who live in rooms of experience we can never enter.
John Steinbeck

Offline skeeter

« Reply #595 on: November 08, 2016, 01:08:56 pm »
After your fit of hysterics passes, perhaps you will answer the question he didn't about looking his child in the face and telling her Daddy elected a sex predator.

I didn't answer because I would've undoubtedly and inadvertently insulted people around here I like and respect.

You I don't care about.

Offline aligncare

« Reply #596 on: November 08, 2016, 01:09:05 pm »

Sink, what do we have to be bitter about? Mr. Trump won the Republican primaries and is poised to win the general election with a positive agenda for the future. We are cautiously happy.

#NeverTrump is bitter because they lost the primaries and will soon be over, done and finished.

Rejoice folks our long national nightmare is about to be over.

Go Trump-Pence!

Offline GrouchoTex

« Reply #597 on: November 08, 2016, 01:12:18 pm »
I could understand the thinking if Texas was deep blue right now.

IOW....I could play that 'game' you are in Maryland.   My single vote doesn't mean a thing in this cesspool.

But for any State 'in play'.....this is no time for taking any chances, my friend.

I don't think Texas is in play, but could be in 2020,2024?
We shall see.
Anyway, I voted for all Republican down ballot, which will probably have more impact on our day to day lives than the National elections do.
For the time being, we have a Governor who doesn't take kindly to Washington D.C. mandates.

If I were in Ohio, NC, Nevada, etc., I would have most likely had to rethink this vote. I'll admit that.
Frankly, I am grateful I had the opportunity that I didn't have to go there.
I can say that I feel that I voted for the most conservative person(s) running on the ballot in Texas.

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
« Reply #598 on: November 08, 2016, 01:14:16 pm »
Well, I voted. #14 at my polling place.  It still feels Sacred to me.  My vote today is between the Lord and me. May He have a Divine Plan.

I'm thinking He sat this one out.
"Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, i have others." - Groucho Marx

Offline EasyAce

• RIP Blue, 2012-2020---my big, gentle friend.
« Reply #599 on: November 08, 2016, 01:14:25 pm »
Good night ladies and gentlemen. I'll leave you now to go watch a documentary about this thread and the zany inhabitants of TBR. It's called "One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest"

Au Revoir

I've been watching a documentary on Donaldus Minimus and his zanier minions. It's called Psycho*.

It followed the documentary I watched on Hilarious Rodent Clinton and her minions. That one was called The Devil Wears Prada.

* - You're not even close to zany. Being misled isn't the same thing as being zany. And at least you address us as ladies and gentlemen.

And as I look upon you ladies, the men with you couldn't possibly be gentlemen. As a matter of fact, as I look upon you ladies
some of you ladies could be gentlemen. I feel it's safe to insult you now---you've already paid for your tickets.
---Groucho Marx.

« Last Edit: November 08, 2016, 01:16:22 pm by EasyAce »

"The question of who is right is a small one, indeed, beside the question of what is right."---Albert Jay Nock.

Fake news---news you don't like or don't want to hear.