Author Topic: Last Day Before Election: Most Major Polls Have Hillary Clinton Winning  (Read 53689 times)

Offline montanajoe

Re: Last Day Before Election: Most Major Polls Have Hillary Clinton Winning
« Reply #525 on: November 08, 2016, 04:27:39 am »
So now we're reduced to the Amy Carter standard of politics?  The maudlin "what do the children say?

To me, that's a perfect time to explain to a kid what the important issues are for the country.  That every choice isn't easy black and white, that some choices are very difficult because they all seem bad.   But that doesn't mean you can just avoid the choice and hope the problem will go away on its own, because it doesn't.

Maybe bring up things like the Second Amendment -- how you wanted to be able to protect your family so you had to vote against the person who would prevent you from doing so.  Discuss some of the other important issues, and say that it was a terrible choice you had to make, and you hope the next one is better.  Tell him that you thought what that   man Trump said was wrong, that he apologized for it, and you and other people will watch him to make sure he doesn't do it again.

Then watch the Wizard of Oz, and explain he was running against the hag on the broom.  That should work.

The reason I did not vote for either fool was my kids.

I'm raising them to see the world as it is, I never lie to them about something so trivial as politics. I'm raising them first and foremost to believe in God and to be moral individuals who will never, never compromise their moral principles to go along and get along. I'm raising them to have intellectual honesty and the discernment to see through false arguments and ignore the snake oil salesman that are so prevalent in every walk of society today.

They have seen the Wizard of Oz, without a broom and before they were 5 they had been around the world and lived in countries far less blessed than this great nation. They learned early, I hope, that above all else character matters. They hold me to a higher standard, as their father,  and they  see that accepting the lesser of two evils in anything in life is not a rational or moral choice, its the chickens way out........

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
« Reply #526 on: November 08, 2016, 04:31:40 am »

I'm raising them to see the world as it is, I never lie to them about something so trivial as politics. I'm raising them first and foremost to believe in God and to be moral individuals who will never, never compromise their moral principles to go along and get along. I'm raising them to have intellectual honesty and the discernment to see through false arguments and ignore the snake oil salesman that are so prevalent in every walk of society today.

They have seen the Wizard of Oz, without a broom and before they were 5 they had been around the world and lived in countries far less blessed than this great nation. They learned early, I hope, that above all else character matters. They hold me to a higher standard, as their father,  and they  see that accepting the lesser of two evils in anything in life is not a rational or moral choice, its the chickens way out........

That! has to be the best post of the night.  You are a great father.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Wingnut

« Reply #527 on: November 08, 2016, 04:35:08 am »
Nah @Wingnut. I had to give pipping up after my stable of whores aged out and they repoed my Eldorado.

@Frank Cannon

Dude Pipping ain't dead!  It just moved to the web!!

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #528 on: November 08, 2016, 04:42:04 am »
@musiclady

Does Trump have a proven track record of being a fascist,or not?

WHO,other than the Dim left and you people have ever accused Trump of fascism? THAT tag came from the Dims and the illegal alien lobby when Trump said he was going to build a wall to keep out illegal aliens,and deport the ones already here. You and those who agree with you picked up the leftist ball and ran with it.

Yes, Trump ran on hate... that hate a lot of Americans have for illegal aliens.  His wall is a fantasy that his robots believe in, when he has no idea how to build a wall or how to pay for it.  But y'all loved it when he said Mexico would pay for it.  How stupid is that.

Trump also said he would have a back door in that vaunted wall so the 'good ones' could come back in.  The 'good ones' are those who would work for Trump for lower wages than Americans.

On the other hand,Hillary Clinton has been a freaking fascist dictator her whole damn life,and the one thing we ALL know to be a FACT is that either Trump or Hillary will be the president elect Wednesday morning.  Which one do YOU want it to be?

Your "principled" votes will have been no more than farts in a hurricane for all the positive effect they will have.

Yes, Trump ran on hate... that hate a lot of Americans have for illegal aliens.  His wall is a fantasy that his robots believe in, when he has no idea how to build a wall or how to pay for it.  But y'all loved it when he said Mexico would pay for it.  How stupid is that.

Trump also said he would have a back door in that vaunted wall so the 'good ones' could come back in.  The 'good ones' are those who would work for Trump for lower wages than Americans.

Is there anything at all to recommend Trump?  He's not a great businessman.  Many analysts have shown that if he had stuck his money in bonds, he would be better off financially.  He has a history of failing to pay employees and vendors; of suing people; of filing for bankruptcy which he brags about as good business (never mind all the creditors who get hurt)

What else?  He is a known abuser of women.  A lot of his career was in sponsoring model contests and beauty pageants for the sole purpose of finding women he could grope (or worse).

I think he's worse than Bill Clinton in that regard.

He has no self-discipline and he clings to hate and revenge for years, sometimes over small matters.  He would be a dangerous president and, yeah, Hillary is bad but he's worse.

By the way, it is possible to make a post without offensive language.  I know it's hard for you.

Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline aligncare

« Reply #529 on: November 08, 2016, 04:54:37 am »
roamer wrote:
"Happy wouldn't occur for me unless a Conservative came out of the blue to win."

Then you're never going to be happy again, because this country is never going to elect a "conservative Republican" again.

The demographics simply aren't there any more.

I don't say that with a smile or smirk.
It's simple reality. Just numbers. You can't argue with numbers.

As the country's Euro demographic declines, the non-Euro demographics that are pouring in will assure that future and make it impossible to reverse.

We could have prevented this.
But we didn't.

"The fault, dear Brutus, is not in our stars, but in ourselves..."

I happened on your post and found it so compelling I had to log back in and give you kudos on clarity.

I say this as a first-generation American. I love America. I think that's because my teachers taught me pride in American heritage. My parents reinforced that and always spoke of pride in our Italian ancestry, too, but only in relation to our status as new Americans.

See that's the singular thing about America. For example, you could move to France, live your whole life there, and on your deathbed, the day you die, you still would not be considered "French."

But in America, you can call yourself "an American" the instant you become a citizen.

That's America.

In Donald Trump's America, citizenship will mean something again.

Offline Chosen Daughter

« Reply #530 on: November 08, 2016, 04:56:02 am »
I'm not taking any chances.

My goal has been to defeat Trump, who would have been a never-ending embarrassment to America.  That Hillary benefits is the fault of the 11 million who voted for Trump in the primaries.

If we had had almost any other  candidate, we could have beaten Hillary, easily.

Right if the country is going to be an embarrassment it better not be Republican.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline EasyAce

• RIP Blue, 2012-2020---my big, gentle friend.
« Reply #531 on: November 08, 2016, 04:59:18 am »

"The question of who is right is a small one, indeed, beside the question of what is right."---Albert Jay Nock.

Fake news---news you don't like or don't want to hear.

Offline corbe

« Reply #532 on: November 08, 2016, 05:05:17 am »

First Prediction of 2016
    Trump loses in a landslide (in Dixville Notch)

RESULTS:
Clinton 4
Trump 2

Hey Trump got more votes than Bernie, so it's a WIN.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2016, 05:10:21 am by corbe »
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Norm Lenhart

« Reply #533 on: November 08, 2016, 05:11:13 am »

First Prediction of 2016
    Trump loses in a landslide (in Dixville Notch)

RESULTS:
Clinton 4
Trump 2

Hey Trump got more votes than Bernie, so it's a WIN.

Ronald W. Reagan – 29
    Walter F. "Fritz" Mondale – 1

Imagine being 'that guy".

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #534 on: November 08, 2016, 05:13:12 am »
@Frank Cannon

Dude Pipping ain't dead!  It just moved to the web!!

That's the key!!! It's all about the interwebs.

Offline Chosen Daughter

« Reply #535 on: November 08, 2016, 05:14:51 am »

Offline Norm Lenhart

Offline corbe

« Reply #537 on: November 08, 2016, 05:19:32 am »
 1960 Nixon 9 Kennedy 0
 1964 Goldwater 8 Johnson 1
 1968 Humphrey 8 Nixon 4
 1972 Nixon 16 McGovern 3
 1976 Ford 16 Carter 11 McCarthy 1
 1980 Reagan 17 Carter 3 Anderson 2 Clark 1
 1984 Reagan 29 Mondale 1
 1988 Bush 34 Dukakis 3 Kemp 1
 1992 Bush 15 Perot 8 Marrou 5 Clinton 2
 1996 Dole 18 Clinton 8 Perot 1 Browne 1
 2000 Bush 21 Gore 5 Nader 1
 2004 Bush 19 Kerry 7
 2008 Obama 15 McCain 6
 2012 Obama 5 Romney 5
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #538 on: November 08, 2016, 05:22:38 am »
You just keep telling yourself that,Jimmy boy,but answer this. Which is worse for America.donating money to her campaign EIGHT YEARS AGO,or "donating" your vote to her tomorrow because you didn't vote against  her? If you HAD voted against her,that would have meant she would have had to  have received TWO more votes to win. One to nullify your vote,and one more to gain a vote.

OOOH, Look! The new math!
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

You people can tell yourselves any kind of lies you need to tell to help you sleep at night,but the truth is it will be YOU who helped install the most evil person that ever ran for president in the history of this country into the WH. A person whose goal for the last 40+ years has been to destroy our way of life and turn America into a fascist police state.

Bite my shorts.
Ain't my fault dumbasses put a liberal up in the republican party.
It ain't like ALL MY LIFE, Conservatives haven't been noted for voting for Conservatives ONLY.
This die was cast months ago, so shaddup and eat your damn peas.
All you're whining ain't gonna make for a hill of beans.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #539 on: November 08, 2016, 05:43:00 am »
roamer wrote:
"Happy wouldn't occur for me unless a Conservative came out of the blue to win."

Then you're never going to be happy again, because this country is never going to elect a "conservative Republican" again.
The demographics simply aren't there any more.

Then so be it. Ain't gonna change my mind.

But in fact, it's bullsh*t.
Conservatism is about principles. First things. Things that are inherently true, no matter what you do.
To suggest 'non-euro' people are incapable of recognizing those timeless truths is nothing but racism.

The fact of the matter is that there is no opposition to liberalism - you know, the very same liberalism that already ate the rest of Christendom years ago... Europeans, btw.

The problem is Republicans -taught for decades to settle for lesser evil. The problem is Republicans not standing to oppose liberalism, and to fight FOR the things their platform declares.

Go look at any Democrat platform since 1980 and look how much that platform has been pushed forward.
Then do the same for Republicans and see how often that platform didn't move an inch.

We are being destroyed from within, stabbed in the back by our own, and it is the fault of those who keep putting them there.

Either you stand for something or you don't dammit.
And by my eyes, Republicans don't stand for a damn thing.
*spit*

Offline EasyAce

• RIP Blue, 2012-2020---my big, gentle friend.
« Reply #540 on: November 08, 2016, 05:47:12 am »

"The question of who is right is a small one, indeed, beside the question of what is right."---Albert Jay Nock.

Fake news---news you don't like or don't want to hear.

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #541 on: November 08, 2016, 05:50:59 am »

Go look at any Democrat platform since 1980 and look how much that platform has been pushed forward.
Then do the same for Republicans and see how often that platform didn't move an inch.

We are being destroyed from within, stabbed in the back by our own, and it is the fault of those who keep putting them there.

Either you stand for something or you don't dammit.
And by my eyes, Republicans don't stand for a damn thing.
*spit*

We had a window of 8 years when Reagan was in the White House.  That all ended when George HW Bush went into the White House.

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #542 on: November 08, 2016, 05:54:25 am »
Clinton responsible for the rise of ISIS, the refugee crisis of people flooding Europe, at least partially responsible.

If Corby does not show disdain of babies being torn from limb to limb and doesn't want to act against it, it doesn't surprise me at all.

Perhaps we can see some more Charlie Brown McMullin posts.
Actually, tom, Europe could have stopped the flood of refugees. All they had to do was say No. As for babies torn limb from limb, there have been 50,000,000 of those right here at home since Roe. Who needs ISIS?
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online Smokin Joe

« Reply #543 on: November 08, 2016, 05:56:19 am »
Some people, finding themselves mostly irrelevant, respond by making themselves TOTALLY irrelevant.

Brilliant plan.
Next time, hold your nose and vote for the Conservative.

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online Smokin Joe

« Reply #544 on: November 08, 2016, 06:02:14 am »
@corbe

If you really and truly believe the Orange Idiot is more dangerous that the Evil Woman,"not fooled" is NOT the way I would put it.
Even the most vile criminality is limited. Stupidity is boundless.

C S Lewis

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #545 on: November 08, 2016, 06:12:11 am »
Your "principled" votes will have been no more than farts in a hurricane for all the positive effect they will have.

Our principled votes aren't the point. Where Conservatism meets politics it is a RECIPE. Conservatives are not all Conservatives, There are also factional conservatives - Folks that are ONLY Christian, ONLY fiscally conservative, ONLY civil, libs, ONLY military.

Why it is important to elect a true Conservative, is because he appeals to ALL the factions, because he embraces all their immovable principles. That's the 'three-legged-stool.'

Without it, you will get SOME of every faction, but you won't get them ALL. You'll get the weak in each, but you'll not dig deep into their principled adherents, which is the most of it.

But true Conservatives here are certainly a bellwether... a tattletale in the wind... Because they speak for all those factional Conservatives, and can see that the candidate is incapable of harnessing the factions together, and thus the Conservative juggernaut will not form, and will be cast uselessly into it's disparate factions. And yur pompous prince will lose.

@sneakypete
@musiclady

Online Smokin Joe

« Reply #546 on: November 08, 2016, 06:15:00 am »
People like me did do something to prevent it. We stood on principle. Until last week, you were one of us. Then you drank the kool aid and became a Trump shill for liberalism.
Fear is an ugly thing. It's sad to see so many break and run.

Even more sad is that they are running into the enemy camp and don't even realize it. They are voting for the very thing they want to avoid, and are often as vile as Democrats when we won't join them.

C S Lewis

Online Smokin Joe

« Reply #547 on: November 08, 2016, 06:17:05 am »
*snicker*

You don't seriously believe that, do you?
Maybe he doesn't realize that all those dollars won't be worth the price of an inconvenienced electron if the country fails. Hillary's lucre, Trump's billions worth nada. so much buttwipe.

So they won't let the country fail. They might keep it on life support, however.

C S Lewis

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #548 on: November 08, 2016, 06:19:48 am »

There it is. That was one fantastic post @montanajoe .

888high58888

Online Smokin Joe

« Reply #549 on: November 08, 2016, 06:23:25 am »

I seriously do.   Oh,  we will have "elections".  We will go through the symbolism and ritual of pretending to ask the voters what they want,    ...
That is what we are voting against.
I don't want either of those pig turds the Democrats and Republicans have put forth as the shining best of over 330,000,000 people to lead this country.

I think we could have done far better just picking a name at random out of the phone book. At least we'd get someone who pays their bills (well, telephone, anyway).

C S Lewis