Author Topic: Last Day Before Election: Most Major Polls Have Hillary Clinton Winning  (Read 53456 times)

Online Lando Lincoln

Re: Last Day Before Election: Most Major Polls Have Hillary Clinton Winning
« Reply #600 on: November 08, 2016, 01:17:52 pm »
I'm thinking He sat this one out.

I pray you are wrong, my good friend.
There are some among us who live in rooms of experience we can never enter.
John Steinbeck

Offline libertybele

« Reply #601 on: November 08, 2016, 01:27:34 pm »
Well, I voted. #14 at my polling place.  It still feels Sacred to me.  My vote today is between the Lord and me. May He have a Divine Plan.

I can relate to your feelings.  I still feel it an honor and my duty to vote.  The Lord has a Divine Plan, I'm just not so sure, we are going to like it., especially after years of dishonoring him by taking 'God' out of our schools and society in general through political correctness.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline andy58-in-nh

« Reply #602 on: November 08, 2016, 01:29:50 pm »

@andy58-in-nh

Ahhh,you are going to stamp your little feets and hold your breath until your guy that will probably receive dozens of votes,is president!

Good plan! THAT will show them who is boss!
There is no virtue in voting for someone you despise, solely because someone else will despise you for refusing to do so.
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Online Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
« Reply #603 on: November 08, 2016, 01:31:16 pm »
If I were in Ohio, NC, Nevada, etc., I would have most likely had to rethink this vote. I'll admit that.
Frankly, I am grateful I had the opportunity that I didn't have to go there.

That's a damn honest, respectable statement right there.  The whole moral one-upsmanship some have played in this election always comes with that unknown -- are you voting in a state where it matters?  And if not, what would your vote be if it did?  Apparently, #NeverTrumper Jonah Goldberg wrote back in May that if the final vote for the election came down to him, he'd probably vote for Trump.

Anyway, I just think it's admirable that rather than trying to present yourself as a paragon of higher virtue because you didn't vote for Trump, you were bluntly honest about what factored into your choice.

I supported Rubio as the most electable conservative (in my opinion), then Cruz after Rubio was gone.  But in the Ohio primary, I knew Kasich would win so my vote didn't matter, and I wasn't going to vote for Kasich so like you in the general election, I was a free agent.  I voted for Fiorina just because I thought she spoke more intelligently about business and the economy than everyone else combined, and I admired how quick a study she was on foreign policy/defense issues.

Trump is not someone I'd ever support in a primary.  I'd even have taken Jeb or Kasich over him.  But I'm in Ohio, and either Trump or Hillary are going to win this election.  Trump is laughable, but Hillary is deadly serious evil.  So because my vote really may matter, I'm casting my vote to stop the worst possible alternative.  So I'm voting Trump.

« Last Edit: November 08, 2016, 01:32:38 pm by Maj. Bill Martin »

Offline EasyAce

• RIP Blue, 2012-2020---my big, gentle friend.
« Reply #604 on: November 08, 2016, 01:33:08 pm »
I'm thinking He sat this one out.

He did:

My foolish children, you wanted this election contest, so you can deal with it. Do you think
I'm so foolish a God as to give you Donaldus Minimus and Hilarious Rodent Clinton as your
presidential candidates? I get p.o.ed at you now and then but even the Pharaoh only got
ten plagues for his trouble, even if I
did go a little too far turning the Nile into
blood.

I will be here to help you pick up the pieces, always, My children, for I the Lord your God am
not a deadbeat Dad and never will be. But I learned My lesson when I let My servant Samuel talk
me into King Saul---and we know how
that worked out. That's why I've kept out of politics
for an extremely long time. Besides, I had a hard enough job working on this year's Chicago
Cubs.

But I promise you, I will never betray you. When you fall, I will pick you up. When your chosen
arsonist burns down the house, I will help you rebuild it. Besides, if I was really
that p.o.ed at
you, My beloved but errant children, don't you think I'd have been a
lot more creative and
mischievious with My punishment than just providing nothing better than a crank and a crook to
vote for? You forget---I'm the Guy who turned Lot's wife into a pillar of salt, incinerated Sodom
and Gomorrah, made it rain for forty days and forty nights. And I'm also the Guy who parted
the Red Sea, made it rain food for eighty years across a desert, and brought you the 1969 Mets
and the 2004 Red Sox.
Believe me, I can do a lot better than Donaldus and Hilarious . . .
« Last Edit: November 08, 2016, 01:49:21 pm by EasyAce »

"The question of who is right is a small one, indeed, beside the question of what is right."---Albert Jay Nock.

Fake news---news you don't like or don't want to hear.

Offline aligncare

« Reply #605 on: November 08, 2016, 01:33:36 pm »

I voted trump.

:patriot:

A grateful nation thanks you...(I'm being nice, so you be nice back!)  ^-^

Offline skeeter

« Reply #606 on: November 08, 2016, 01:34:29 pm »

Most of us here can separate the Wheat from the chaff

Most everyone I know will/has voted for Trump, I treasure and respect their friendship, but others even Family, that has been up Trumps butt since his infamous escalator ride in 2015, that's just a bridge to far, for now, regardless of what happens tomorrow, for me, anyway YMMV.
@skeeter
Understand.

Thanks for the post, sincerely.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #607 on: November 08, 2016, 01:34:49 pm »
Well, I voted. #14 at my polling place.  It still feels Sacred to me.  My vote today is between the Lord and me. May He have a Divine Plan.

As will be mine.  Mrs. Liberty and I will be voting later, and I won't be sharing.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2016, 01:36:25 pm by Cyber Liberty »
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online Maj. Bill Martin

« Reply #608 on: November 08, 2016, 01:38:32 pm »

I voted trump.

Figured you would.  We don't bear responsibility for the choice with which we are presented, but we do bear responsibility for what we decide when faced with that choice.  Fact is, it's going to be one or the other, and in that situation, deciding against the greater evil is the only rational choice.

Trump repulses me -- but what Hillary will do to this country scares me.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #609 on: November 08, 2016, 01:42:25 pm »
(I'm being nice, so you be nice back!)

If you think the way you've treated the newcomers over the last year will be forgotten, you're on crack.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Oceander

« Reply #610 on: November 08, 2016, 01:45:13 pm »
Did the only responsible thing: voted third party. 

Offline EasyAce

• RIP Blue, 2012-2020---my big, gentle friend.
« Reply #611 on: November 08, 2016, 01:47:02 pm »
If I were in Ohio, NC, Nevada, etc., I would have most likely had to rethink this vote. I'll admit that.
Frankly, I am grateful I had the opportunity that I didn't have to go there.

I am in Nevada. We have a "None of These Candidates" option. And I plan to exercise that at the top
of the ticket today. (We've also been bludgeoned to death at least thirty times a day by at least three and a
half months' worth of robocalls from all sides, a blitzkrieg that did nothing but double the iron in my spine
to cast the aforesaid vote.)

Down ticket, I will vote for the candidates who in my opinion are the most likely to stand foursquare for
freedom, individual rights and responsibilities, and properly-construed government (whose sole legitimate
business is staying the hell out of our business until or unless one citizen would obstruct or abrogate
a fellow citizen's equivalent rights) as opposed to the improperly-consecrated State (which sticks its big
snoot into every manner of our business whether it is competent or constitutionally sanctioned to do so).

And if that means leaving a couple of other "None of These Candidates" votes where the option appears,
so be it.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2016, 01:47:45 pm by EasyAce »

"The question of who is right is a small one, indeed, beside the question of what is right."---Albert Jay Nock.

Fake news---news you don't like or don't want to hear.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #612 on: November 08, 2016, 01:48:10 pm »
Do you notice that all the fear voters of 2016 use the very same boilerplate of the fear voters of 2012 and the fear voters of 2008?

Do you ever notice that they always talk about what the candidate 'says' rather than what their records show?

There is not a day that passes I do not regret my McCain vote. And not a day passes I don't kick myself in the ass for contributing to this mess.
I think it is almost humorous that people suddenly find credible the prattlings of a politician (and anyone in the running at this point is, indeed, a politician) in an election year, but ignore their actions prior to the campaigns, or even during them.

I regret voting for the nice lady who ran with McCain. Not only has she proven to be a disappointment, but since I realized she only would have made any difference if he died. Not much to hope for. Even worse, for me, is the denial I practiced the day I walked into the Caucus and was informed that George W was going to be our candidate, even though no one in the room had cast a ballot. I remained a Republican for some reason (habit?), but that situation has degenerated since among the ND State GOP so that microphones have been cut off, speakers removed from the podium, and this year we had no presidential primary nor even a caucus to choose who would be our nominee of choice.
Considering even that small voice has been silenced by the machinations of the GOP Party elite at even the State Level, and completely unable to support the Democrats, the only option for me is to adhere to and hope to build another option, one which will not only provide a moral choice, but will push for a return to the Constitutional Republic this country was intended to be.
If enough won't join in that effort, well, we'll all get the government they deserve.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #613 on: November 08, 2016, 01:54:06 pm »
That's why no one can draw a decent distinction between the two... without being disingenuous - Not 'sounding' disingenuous - BEING disingenuous.
Yep. Any time they mention the candidate by their faults, I have to ask "Which one are they talking about now?" and read more in hopes of gleaning that from context. If they mean a specific Liberal, I wish they'd specify.

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online Maj. Bill Martin

« Reply #614 on: November 08, 2016, 01:54:19 pm »
If you think the way you've treated the newcomers over the last year will be forgotten, you're on crack.

I think that sentiment is going to apply to both sides, which likely will be to the detriment of the site as a whole.

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #615 on: November 08, 2016, 01:55:16 pm »
Sink, what do we have to be bitter about? Mr. Trump won the Republican primaries and is poised to win the general election with a positive agenda for the future. We are cautiously happy.

#NeverTrump is bitter because they lost the primaries and will soon be over, done and finished.

Rejoice folks our long national nightmare is about to be over.

Go Trump-Pence!

I'm guessing in a little over 12 hours it will become obvious to you you put your saddle on a nag.  Let's just hope he doesn't drag down the rest of the party with him.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #616 on: November 08, 2016, 01:57:25 pm »
I think that sentiment is going to apply to both sides, which likely will be to the detriment of the site as a whole.

I think that's true.
I will NOT comply.

Offline jpsb

« Reply #617 on: November 08, 2016, 01:57:28 pm »
Christie would have been worse,   but I doubt Rubio would be doing better than Trump.   Over at TOS they were hating on Rubio all throughout the primary.   There was a *LOT*  of animosity about him flipping on the Amnesty issue.

Rubio made no amnesty a big part of his campaign to get into the senate and then he flipped. Rubio is never to be trusted again.

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #618 on: November 08, 2016, 01:57:49 pm »
Like I said right before you posted:
True, but I wonder how I'd vote if this were truly a battleground state.
Not to wimp out, and I'd like to think I wouldn't cave, but it would be hard to swallow with letting Hillary get elected.
Tough year.........
Yeah, it gave me an out, I'll freely admit it.
That's the way the calculus works here, too. It wouldn't change my vote if it would be 'the one' to decide the race, anyway, but it does give me a defense against the people who threaten "paybacks" (which could be a serious mistake).

C S Lewis

Online Lando Lincoln

« Reply #619 on: November 08, 2016, 02:00:42 pm »

Our members put the Mods in an impossible situation at times, didn't they?
There are some among us who live in rooms of experience we can never enter.
John Steinbeck

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #620 on: November 08, 2016, 02:05:11 pm »

We have no one to blame but ourselves!

"When you become entitled to exercise the right of voting for public officers, let it be impressed upon your mind that God commands you to choose for rulers, 'just men who will rule in the fear of God.' The preservation of government depends on the faithful discharge of this duty; if the citizens neglect their duty and place unprincipled men in office, the government will soon be corrupted; laws will be made, not for the public good so much as for selfish or local purposes; corrupt or incompetent men will be appointed to execute the laws; and the rights of the citizens will be violated or disregarded. If a republican government fails to secure public prosperity and happiness, it must be because the citizens neglect the divine commands, and elect bad men to make the administer the laws."

History of United States, by Noah Webster, 1837

https://www.amazon.com/gp/search
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Wingnut

« Reply #621 on: November 08, 2016, 02:05:15 pm »
There is no virtue in voting for someone you despise, solely because someone else will despise you for refusing to do so.

Amen

Pretty wise for a cheesehead turned flatlander.

Online Maj. Bill Martin

« Reply #622 on: November 08, 2016, 02:05:49 pm »
Our members put the Mods in an impossible situation at times, didn't they?

No kidding.  The tone here became very similar to what was happening at TOS.  I hate the entire concept of using an ignore list, but I've got 11 people on it, and I'm not changing it after the election.  No tolerance for nasty people, on either side.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2016, 02:14:54 pm by Maj. Bill Martin »

Offline skeeter

« Reply #623 on: November 08, 2016, 02:07:28 pm »

In terms of casual vitriol & general unwillingness to comprehend this election season has been a real eye opener.

And I've been voting since 1980.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #624 on: November 08, 2016, 02:08:01 pm »
@musiclady

Does Trump have a proven track record of being a fascist,or not?

WHO,other than the Dim left and you people have ever accused Trump of fascism? THAT tag came from the Dims and the illegal alien lobby when Trump said he was going to build a wall to keep out illegal aliens,and deport the ones already here. You and those who agree with you picked up the leftist ball and ran with it.

On the other hand,Hillary Clinton has been a freaking fascist dictator her whole damn life,and the one thing we ALL know to be a FACT is that either Trump or Hillary will be the president elect Wednesday morning.  Which one do YOU want it to be?

Your "principled" votes will have been no more than farts in a hurricane for all the positive effect they will have.

And all of those unprincipled ones cast previously have gotten us exactly what?
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien