Author Topic: Ted Cruz endorses Donald Trump for president.  (Read 14211 times)

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
Re: Ted Cruz endorses Donald Trump for president.
« Reply #50 on: January 17, 2024, 02:20:43 pm »
Pitiful how far Cruz has fallen.  I don't recognize this guy anymore.  He's certainly not the Tea Party Ted of 2010!

My guess is that Cruz places enormous value on the Supreme Court, and regardless of Trump's stance on other issues and other flaws, he believes that any Trump nominations are likely to be far better than any Biden nominations.  Can't say he's wrong there.

I personally don't believe that should outweigh everything else, but I also don't believe Cruz's position is unreasonable, and I'm not going to condemn the guy for it.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2024, 02:21:52 pm by Maj. Bill Martin »

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #51 on: January 17, 2024, 02:28:58 pm »
My guess is that Cruz places enormous value on the Supreme Court, and regardless of Trump's stance on other issues and other flaws, he believes that any Trump nominations are likely to be far better than any Biden nominations.  Can't say he's wrong there.

I personally don't believe that should outweigh everything else, but I also don't believe Cruz's position is unreasonable, and I'm not going to condemn the guy for it.

Sorry Maj., but as I mentioned earlier, I think Cruz is angling for a SCOTUS spot.  He has been quoted earlier in his career of it being his "dream job".   Can you say "Sell Out"? 
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Timber Rattler

• Conservative Purist and Patriot
« Reply #52 on: January 17, 2024, 02:44:45 pm »
Sorry Maj., but as I mentioned earlier, I think Cruz is angling for a SCOTUS spot.  He has been quoted earlier in his career of it being his "dream job".   Can you say "Sell Out"?

Agreed.  Cruz knows that everything about Trump is transactional, and by jumping on his bandwagon now, his chances for a SCOTUS seat improve markedly.  He's probably tired of the Senate and its nonsense, and is willing to endure this latest humiliation to get out of there, and to where he really wants to be.

Even so, I would never kiss that orange thug's ring...I just couldn't live with myself, after all that he said and did in 2016.
aka "nasty degenerate SOB," "worst of the worst at Free Republic," "Garbage Troll," "Neocon Warmonger," "Filthy Piece of Trash," "damn $#%$#@!," "Silly f'er," "POS," "war pig," "neocon scumbag," "insignificant little ankle nipper," "@ss-clown," "neocuck," "termite," "Uniparty Deep stater," "Never Trump sack of dog feces," "avid Bidenista," "filthy Ukrainian," "war whore," "fricking chump," psychopathic POS, and depraved SOB.

"In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act."  ---George Orwell

"If you want peace, prepare for war." ---Flavius Vegetius Renatus

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #53 on: January 17, 2024, 02:47:45 pm »
WHARRGARBL

Ted wants to beat Biden
Ted wants to hold the House
Ted wants to retake the Senate
Ted wants Party unity
Ted wants a Conservative Court

Sellout?

WHARRGARBL
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #54 on: January 17, 2024, 02:50:30 pm »
Solid analysis from Dennis Miller. I think he's spot on.

Trump's greatest flaw is his utter lack of humility and self-reflection.

His most obstinate supporters view this vice as a virtue, which blinds them to the reality of having to actually win people over to their side, as opposed to hurling insults, epithets and accusations in place of arguments.

LOL!  Nice to see you around, @andy58-in-nh  :beer:

Consider the 'wise' plagiarist' @Hoodat who says "Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again...expecting different results"

We've spent the entire 2015 campaign forward trying to win TBR Never Trumpers over.  To understand it's the country...it's our grandchildren who we're fighting for.

For all you people who are math=challenged...that's going on 8 years already.

Yet...a full term..a radically successful term...you know, $2.39 @ gallon...Peace on Earth...that kind of crap??

And only a small handful of Cruisers and now DeSantis fans seem to have the necessary intellect to understand and interpret what we're talking about.

And please save the 'deficit' bullshit.  We all know COVID-19 was a China/Democrat operation to cancel one day in person voting.

Or...do you really think FJB really got 81 million Americans to vote for him?   :shrug:
« Last Edit: January 17, 2024, 02:51:30 pm by DCPatriot »
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #55 on: January 17, 2024, 02:50:39 pm »
WHARRGARBL

Ted wants to beat Biden
Ted wants to hold the House
Ted wants to retake the Senate
Ted wants Party unity
Ted wants a Conservative Court

Sellout?

WHARRGARBL

See earlier post.  Would you put up with what Trump and his lackeys said that about your family?

He'd just get the middle finger from me.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2024, 02:52:13 pm by catfish1957 »
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #56 on: January 17, 2024, 02:51:48 pm »
He is my Senator, but........

I've overlooked (forgiven) his capitualtion to Tump in the past, but think about it.  Would you endorse a POS like Trump who in the past has ridiucled you your family:

1.  False memeing and other , "LYIN TED" accusations, which has has done long term damage to his standing even in Texas
2.  Calling his Children plants in the quaint  Christmas Story Book reading. 
3.  Wife-  The despicable attacks on his wife's looks and making up false suicide stories,
4.  Parents,- Accusing his father of being Castro Communist, and taking part in the JFK assassinatin.

Trump, Stone, Pecker, and his wihole host of character assassins  are human garbage, and can burn in the furnace cellar.  Again....  It's Trump and his lackeys that need to be doing the apologizing.

And in Cruz' case, I am guessing he is showing his self-serving aspects, and angling for a potential SCOTUS spot.  I think I might entertain anohter conservative alternative to Cruz in 2030. Too late this cycle.   His lack of testicles to defend his family?  Is a good reason why.

Lighten up, Sunshine. 😉

Theirs was a complicated relationship.  :laugh:

https://youtu.be/nbWO2DbqjXM?si=WJLGEsTZvTV7BPg-

Offline DCPatriot

« Reply #57 on: January 17, 2024, 02:55:26 pm »
Lighten up, Sunshine. 😉

LOL!  And they claim we're the "anxious" ones! 
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

« Reply #58 on: January 17, 2024, 02:59:40 pm »
Agreed.  Cruz knows that everything about Trump is transactional, and by jumping on his bandwagon now, his chances for a SCOTUS seat improve markedly.  He's probably tired of the Senate and its nonsense, and is willing to endure this latest humiliation to get out of there, and to where he really wants to be.

Or, Cruz actually means what he said here ....

Video:

https://twitter.com/CitizenFreePres/status/1747444060514648491

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #59 on: January 17, 2024, 03:01:03 pm »
See earlier post.  Would you put up with what Trump and his lackeys said that about your family?

He'd just get the middle finger from me.

Running for (or holding) public office and lose my shit over mudslinging?  Nah.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Online catfish1957

• Political Researcher
« Reply #60 on: January 17, 2024, 03:01:43 pm »

Not anxious, just sad and bitter.  Your freakin' populist pukes have beaten us conservatives. Not happy about it, but we will be thinking about you as you take us off the cliff like Lemmings.

Offline Timber Rattler

• Conservative Purist and Patriot
« Reply #61 on: January 17, 2024, 03:05:06 pm »
Or, Cruz actually means what he said here ....

Puh....leeze!
aka "nasty degenerate SOB," "worst of the worst at Free Republic," "Garbage Troll," "Neocon Warmonger," "Filthy Piece of Trash," "damn $#%$#@!," "Silly f'er," "POS," "war pig," "neocon scumbag," "insignificant little ankle nipper," "@ss-clown," "neocuck," "termite," "Uniparty Deep stater," "Never Trump sack of dog feces," "avid Bidenista," "filthy Ukrainian," "war whore," "fricking chump," psychopathic POS, and depraved SOB.

"In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act."  ---George Orwell

"If you want peace, prepare for war." ---Flavius Vegetius Renatus

Offline DCPatriot

« Reply #62 on: January 17, 2024, 03:06:08 pm »
Not anxious, just sad and bitter.  Your freakin' populist pukes have beaten us conservatives. Not happy about it, but we will be thinking about you as you take us off the cliff like Lemmings.

Buck it up there, buddy.  (We're still buddies, aren't we?"   :laugh:

We'd rather acquire another $2 trillion in monopoly money than see a stacked Supreme Court of 13 judges...and a 'repeal of the 2nd Amendment and re-education camps.   :patriot:

Offline LMAO

« Reply #63 on: January 17, 2024, 03:06:29 pm »
LOL!  Nice to see you around, @andy58-in-nh  :beer:

Consider the 'wise' plagiarist' @Hoodat who says "Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again...expecting different results"

We've spent the entire 2015 campaign forward trying to win TBR Never Trumpers over.  To understand it's the country...it's our grandchildren who we're fighting for.

For all you people who are math=challenged...that's going on 8 years already.

Yet...a full term..a radically successful term...you know, $2.39 @ gallon...Peace on Earth...that kind of crap??

And only a small handful of Cruisers and now DeSantis fans seem to have the necessary intellect to understand and interpret what we're talking about.

And please save the 'deficit' bullshit.  We all know COVID-19 was a China/Democrat operation to cancel one day in person voting.

Or...do you really think FJB really got 81 million Americans to vote for him?   :shrug:

Where to begin

First, let’s look at your deficit claim. The debt and deficit were rising even before Covid. And Donald Trump was much too eager to go along with the Covid lockdowns, sided with Democrats on the spending,and wanted to make sure that those big expensive checks out to everybody had his name on them. Hardly the victim.

The $2.39 gas that you’re talking about was the average price of gas on January 20, 2021. What you seem to be forgetting is that oil prices plunged during the lockdowns and with that the gas price dropped down below two dollars I believe and was slowly going back up as the economy was slowly opening up

The economy was starting to slow a bit sometime in 2019. The federal reserve cut interest rates slightly. Following a weak jobs report, Donald Trump had a temper tantrum and went after the federal reserve to drop them to drop interest rates to zero, which would’ve been stupid. And although the federal reserve is prone to criticism, they saved Donald Trump from himself. 0% interest rates would’ve done great harm to savers and people on pensions

And despite your remarks, the deficit is not bullshit. It cost more now to finance our debt. Interest rates will not go down while inflation persist. Americans will continue to see their standard living decline as a result.

How is Donald Trump planning to pay for all this spending
« Last Edit: January 17, 2024, 03:11:19 pm by LMAO »
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

« Reply #64 on: January 17, 2024, 03:06:42 pm »

Instead of applauding the peace and teamwork Trump and Cruz have forged and following his lead, they're now furious with this conservative icon for not hanging on to the hate.  I simply don't get the thought process involved. @DCPatriot    :shrug:

« Last Edit: January 17, 2024, 03:07:46 pm by Right_in_Virginia »

Offline DCPatriot

« Reply #65 on: January 17, 2024, 03:08:10 pm »
Instead of applauding the peace and teamwork Trump and Cruz have forged and following his lead, they're now furious with this conservative icon for not hanging on to the hate.  I simply don't get the thought process involved. @DCPatriot    :shrug:

It's classic egotism and narcissism. @Right_in_Virginia

Offline LMAO

« Reply #66 on: January 17, 2024, 03:09:16 pm »
Yeah that bothers me as well.  Cruz should have just said nothing and just said he supported the party or some such, but not mention Trump specifically.  Oh well, Cruz had his reasons I suppose.  Cruz has a been a great senator from Texas, so there's that.

If Cruz wants to endorse Donald Trump, that is his business and I’m not gonna hold that against him.

But I’m not obligated to do the same.
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

Online catfish1957

• Political Researcher
« Reply #67 on: January 17, 2024, 03:11:04 pm »

Do I need to go back to your '16 posting history, to summarize your vile comments about Cruz?

And now you are calling him an icon?  So damned predictable.   Kiss Trump's ass, and you are all forgiven.

Online catfish1957

• Political Researcher
« Reply #68 on: January 17, 2024, 03:13:53 pm »
It's classic egotism and narcissism. @Right_in_Virginia

Sez the lackeys of the textbook and dictionary definition of the terms "egotism" and "narcississm"

You just can't make this shit up.

Offline LMAO

« Reply #69 on: January 17, 2024, 03:17:48 pm »
Do I need to go back to your '16 posting history, to summarize your vile comments about Cruz?

And now you are calling him an icon?  So damned predictable.   Kiss Trump's ass, and you are all forgiven.

It seems it’s working both ways. Those that hated Ted Cruz and 2016 all of a sudden love him. And those that loved him then suddenly hate him

Barry Goldwater

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #70 on: January 17, 2024, 03:20:24 pm »
It seems it’s working both ways. Those that hated Ted Cruz and 2016 all of a sudden love him. And those that loved him then suddenly hate him

WHARRGARBL

Offline LMAO

« Reply #71 on: January 17, 2024, 03:21:50 pm »
WHARRGARBL

OK, enlighten me. What does that mean?

Barry Goldwater

Online catfish1957

• Political Researcher
« Reply #72 on: January 17, 2024, 03:21:50 pm »

No hate.  Just am realizing that he is an invertebrate.

Offline LMAO

« Reply #73 on: January 17, 2024, 03:22:37 pm »
No hate.  Just am realizing that he is an invertebrate.

I still like him and I think our situation would be different had he won in 2016

Barry Goldwater

« Reply #74 on: January 17, 2024, 03:23:11 pm »

Of course not.  But, I understand the difference between a heated contest for the most powerful position on Earth and clinging to a hate vendetta for the rest of my life.

I don't call Cruz an icon, but the vast majority of "true conservatives" around here do.