Author Topic: Ted Cruz endorses Donald Trump for president.  (Read 14586 times)

Offline roamer_1

Re: Ted Cruz endorses Donald Trump for president.
« Reply #100 on: January 17, 2024, 06:52:37 pm »
Instead of applauding the peace and teamwork Trump and Cruz have forged and following his lead, they're now furious with this conservative icon for not hanging on to the hate.  I simply don't get the thought process involved. @DCPatriot    :shrug:

He is no longer a conservative icon.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #101 on: January 17, 2024, 06:55:07 pm »
It seems it’s working both ways. Those that hated Ted Cruz and 2016 all of a sudden love him. And those that loved him then suddenly hate him

Not suddenly... for me... Took a while. and Ted's 'yea' on every porkulous bill from 2016 forward.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #102 on: January 17, 2024, 06:56:50 pm »
   When Ted voted for all Trump's BS, including his gigantic budgets, He became a 'just another politician azzhole', in my book.

There it is! #Metoo

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #103 on: January 17, 2024, 06:59:34 pm »
He is no longer a conservative icon.

@roamer_1

LOL! 

You're a closer 'cousin' to Theodore "Ted" Kaczynski than Ted Cruz.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #104 on: January 17, 2024, 07:01:44 pm »
Cruz was our only voice in 2016 just as DeSantis is our only voice now.  Conservatism is the Swamp's greatest threat.  Because without the money, the Swamp cannot survive.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #105 on: January 17, 2024, 07:03:32 pm »

At least Kaczynski lived within his means.  He didn't go borrow $8 trillion and then demand everyone else's grandkids pay for it.  With interest.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #106 on: January 17, 2024, 07:08:32 pm »
@roamer_1

LOL! 

Well, he's not. I been barking about him for years. That's the thing. Y'all have icons, we don't. We have principles - that's what guides our lives. When someone is walking the walk, we can hear them, every time. And since they are walking WITH us, we are all going the same direction. But we ain't following no one.

You don't get that. You think Cruz's endorsement should hurt me. It doesn't. At all.
Cruz has not been walking with us for a long time. I owe him nothing.

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #107 on: January 17, 2024, 07:33:12 pm »
We have principles - that's what guides our lives. When someone is walking the walk, we can hear them, every time. And since they are walking WITH us, we are all going the same direction. But we ain't following no one.

Contrast that with those who would follow someone even if he pulled out a gun and shot someone in Times Square.  Someone who would save Mitch McConnell's career and then appoint his wife to a cabinet post for four years.  Someone who would balk at building a wall because Chuck Schumer and Nancy Pelosi told him he couldn't.  Someone who would run up $3 trillion in deficit spending in an election year so that Democrats would have plenty of money to defeat Republican candidates across the board.

That's why they don't understand falling out with someone like Ted Cruz.  Because they would never fall out with the object of their worship no matter what he did.

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #108 on: January 17, 2024, 07:36:02 pm »

Contrast that with those who would follow someone even if he pulled out a gun and shot someone in Times Square.  Someone who would save Mitch McConnell's career and then appoint his wife to a cabinet post for four years.  Someone who would balk at building a wall because Chuck Schumer and Nancy Pelosi told him he couldn't.  Someone who would run up $3 trillion in deficit spending in an election year so that Democrats would have plenty of money to defeat Republican candidates across the board.

That's why they don't understand falling out with someone like Ted Cruz.  Because they would never fall out with the object of their worship no matter what he did.

Get it right, will ya @Hoodat

It's 5TH AVENUE...not Times Square.    :tongue2:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline LMAO

« Reply #109 on: January 17, 2024, 07:47:03 pm »
Get it right, will ya @Hoodat

It's 5TH AVENUE...not Times Square.    :tongue2:

Lol
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #110 on: January 17, 2024, 08:06:26 pm »

For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Timber Rattler

• Conservative Purist and Patriot
« Reply #111 on: January 17, 2024, 08:23:07 pm »
We've spent the entire 2015 campaign forward trying to win TBR Never Trumpers over. 

What a laughable assertion!  Go back and look at those threads and see the personal attacks I endured after coming over from TOS in 2016 following the Great Cruz Purge there, especially from TBR's then site co-owner, who called me a "damned snake," "the worst of the worst at Free Republic," and a "nasty degenerate SOB."  I also remember how she locked down the Republican Convention Live Thread to preempt any criticism of Trump and threatened to ban me when I objected, going to the extreme of interrupting Mystery-AK's vacation to complain very loudly about me.

Trumpers just can't help themselves with their attacks, acting exactly like the hard core Leftists in trying to cancel traditional Reagan Conservatives who refused to climb aboard the Trump Train.

So...GIVE...ME...A...FRIGGIN'...BREAK! 
« Last Edit: January 17, 2024, 08:25:34 pm by Timber Rattler »
aka "nasty degenerate SOB," "worst of the worst at Free Republic," "Garbage Troll," "Neocon Warmonger," "Filthy Piece of Trash," "damn $#%$#@!," "Silly f'er," "POS," "war pig," "neocon scumbag," "insignificant little ankle nipper," "@ss-clown," "neocuck," "termite," "Uniparty Deep stater," "Never Trump sack of dog feces," "avid Bidenista," "filthy Ukrainian," "war whore," "fricking chump," psychopathic POS, and depraved SOB.

"In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act."  ---George Orwell

"If you want peace, prepare for war." ---Flavius Vegetius Renatus

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #112 on: January 17, 2024, 08:26:07 pm »
I like cheese too.  I keep my fridge full of it.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #113 on: January 17, 2024, 08:30:41 pm »
This is PROOF POSITIVE that not one of you diehard NTs has the brains...nor the spine, to step up and beg forgiveness and/or amnesty from the "3 or 4 TBR members..." (to quote @Cyber Liberty ) who remain "TRUMP SUPPORTERS".

Strongly suggest each and every one of you to get your heads out of your asses.

But of course you won't...you'll continue in your pathetic attempts to justify your positions...to justify holding your vote for the only man who can turn this 'Titanic' around.
I'm sorry all I got was Blah Blah Blah Blah self righteous *** Blah Blah Blah and reinforcement of why I won't vote for Trumpy....of course YMMV. Looking to the future all that I see is America is

Offline GtHawk

« Reply #114 on: January 17, 2024, 08:31:49 pm »
*****rollingeyes***** 

Stop spamming all the threads with your adolescence and threats of suicide.  Grow the bleep up!
After that BS you posted you call his post adolescent :silly: :silly: :silly: :silly: :silly: :silly: :silly: :silly: :silly: :silly:

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #115 on: January 17, 2024, 08:33:51 pm »
I can eat these every day:

I will NOT comply.

Offline GtHawk

« Reply #116 on: January 17, 2024, 08:41:04 pm »
I can eat these every day:

Where's the pepperoni? I guess I could could get over that and still eat it, at least there's no pineapple on it :tongue2:

Offline AllThatJazzZ

• Adopt your next pet, preferably a senior.
« Reply #117 on: January 17, 2024, 08:41:13 pm »
I have to admit that I'm a bit embarrassed to realize it wasn't just the leftists who were guilty of implementing cancel culture. It's us too. There's a sense of purity regarding conservatism that has determined that anything less just won't be tolerated within those conservative circles. Failure to stay within the lines means you're doomed to conservative Siberia.

Few can out-conservative me (although several have tried), but I understand what it means to live in the real world with all the limitations it presents. I'm not a big Trump fan, but I'm not going to offer up the helm to leftists just to make my point. Especially after seeing the breakneck speed at which they're tearing down our republic. They're desperate and are eager to make hay while they have the power. My intention is to do what I can to prevent it. I'd love to have help from other conservatives, but there are many who are so self-righteously holy in their political stances that they seem unbothered by allowing the Dems to continue their destruction for 4 more years. Maybe the only difference between us is that they believe America will survive the Dems. I don't.

A government big enough to give you everything you want
is a government big enough to take away everything you have.

Offline GtHawk

« Reply #118 on: January 17, 2024, 08:48:28 pm »
I have to admit that I'm a bit embarrassed to realize it wasn't just the leftists who were guilty of implementing cancel culture. It's us too. There's a sense of purity regarding conservatism that has determined that anything less just won't be tolerated within those conservative circles. Failure to stay within the lines means you're doomed to conservative Siberia.

Few can out-conservative me (although several have tried), but I understand what it means to live in the real world with all the limitations it presents. I'm not a big Trump fan, but I'm not going to offer up the helm to leftists just to make my point. Especially after seeing the breakneck speed at which they're tearing down our republic. They're desperate and are eager to make hay while they have the power. My intention is to do what I can to prevent it. I'd love to have help from other conservatives, but there are many who are so self-righteously holy in their political stances that they seem unbothered by allowing the Dems to continue their destruction for 4 more years. Maybe the only difference between us is that they believe America will survive the Dems. I don't.
I respect your point of view, but the way I see it is we are being dragged to hell in a handbasket one way with the democrats in control is at breakneck speed, the other with the RINO's in control still takes us to the same place, just a bit slower. And I firmly believe that even if Trump is elected the democrats will take full control of both houses so we will still be racing only with occasional EO's to apply some braking. So I still believe that America is still

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #119 on: January 17, 2024, 08:50:57 pm »
I respect your point of view, but the way I see it is we are being dragged to hell in a handbasket one way with the democrats in control is at breakneck speed, the other with the RINO's in control still takes us to the same place, just a bit slower. And I firmly believe that even if Trump is elected the democrats will take full control of both houses so we will still be racing only with occasional EO's to apply some braking. So I still believe that America is still

Liberalism is not winning on merit_ it has no merit.
Liberalism is winning because it has no opposition.

Offline cato potatoe

« Reply #120 on: January 17, 2024, 08:58:55 pm »

Nobody is cancelling the trumpkins.  We just aren't going to vote for a guy who disavowed the constitution and wants to be a dictator on day one.  Had Biden said that stuff, I daresay some republicans would be snippy.

In any case, there's no reason to stress over the decision.  Vote for whomever you like.  Trump is the only president since Hoover to lose the house, senate, and presidency in one term.  He is a supreme loser.  Brace yourself.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2024, 08:59:52 pm by cato potatoe »

Offline LMAO

« Reply #121 on: January 17, 2024, 09:04:13 pm »

Speaking for myself only, I don’t expect purity. I don’t even agree with my own wife on everything.

But there are certain principles that to me, as a conservative, are unshakable. And that is the size and scope of the federal government. When Donald Trump took office, the economy was fairly stable and growing. But when a crisis hit, he did what government has been doing the last several decades , and that is just throw trillions of dollars at it and hope for the best. Any conservatives that questioned tossing out the massive Covid cash was attacked by him.(Thomas Massie). When he restricted travel from China in the early days of the virus, I did support him on that.

The tea party first sprouted from the bailouts during the George W. Bush’s last few months. Conservatives used to be against that. We had to bail out farmers and the oil companies not because of their bad business decisions, but because of Donald Trump’s policy decisions. And he’s promising to be worse in his second term. Inflation and the debt are going to be a bigger issue in the coming years and neither Donald Trump or Joe Biden  are concerned.

And it’s obvious from Donald Trump’s statements that he hasn’t  learned much from his first term and has no interest in learning about the workings of government, especially the executive branch. As a conservative, I just can’t vote for that. I wouldn’t tolerate any of that from a Democrat. I made a list in this thread of things that economically and fiscally Donald Trump screwed up  in his first term which upset a couple of his supporters here. But  we would condemn to Hell any Democrat or even any other Republican with that record. Why does Donald Trump get a pass?

As far as this country surviving Democrats, we survived war, a Civil War, economic upheavals , civil unrest… we will survive Democrats. Democrats are mortal human beings. They are not super men or women.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2024, 09:05:06 pm by LMAO »
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

Offline LMAO

« Reply #122 on: January 17, 2024, 09:09:43 pm »
Nobody is cancelling the trumpkins.  We just aren't going to vote for a guy who disavowed the constitution and wants to be a dictator on day one.  Had Biden said that stuff, I daresay some republicans would be snippy.

In any case, there's no reason to stress over the decision.  Vote for whomever you like.  Trump is the only president since Hoover to lose the house, senate, and presidency in one term.  He is a supreme loser.  Brace yourself.

Hey, he also has the worst jobs record since Hoover Hoover. So if he’s worried about going down as Herbert Hoover  in a second term, he’s already met that threshold.

In the coming months, prepare yourself for more out of this world policy proposals, and more soundbites for the Biden campaign
« Last Edit: January 17, 2024, 09:18:41 pm by LMAO »

Barry Goldwater

Offline Timber Rattler

• Conservative Purist and Patriot
« Last Edit: January 17, 2024, 09:20:38 pm by Timber Rattler »
aka "nasty degenerate SOB," "worst of the worst at Free Republic," "Garbage Troll," "Neocon Warmonger," "Filthy Piece of Trash," "damn $#%$#@!," "Silly f'er," "POS," "war pig," "neocon scumbag," "insignificant little ankle nipper," "@ss-clown," "neocuck," "termite," "Uniparty Deep stater," "Never Trump sack of dog feces," "avid Bidenista," "filthy Ukrainian," "war whore," "fricking chump," psychopathic POS, and depraved SOB.

"In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act."  ---George Orwell

"If you want peace, prepare for war." ---Flavius Vegetius Renatus

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #124 on: January 17, 2024, 09:40:39 pm »

I really think that's it... it certainly explains the messiah complex...