Author Topic: Donald Trump Says Ron DeSantis Rumored to Exit Presidential Race for Florida Senate Challenge  (Read 5643 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Donald Trump Says Ron DeSantis Rumored to Exit Presidential Race for Florida Senate Challenge – DeSantis Campaign Responds
by Jim Hᴏft Aug. 28, 2023 2:20 pm

In a recent post on Truth Social, former President Donald Trump weighed in on the alleged dwindling prospects of Ron DeSantis’s presidential campaign.

Trump speculated that DeSantis might withdraw from the presidential race to instead challenge Rick Scott for his Senate seat in Florida.

“Rumors are strong in political circles that Ron DeSanctimonious, whose Presidential run is a shambles, and whose poll numbers have absolutely crashed, putting him 3rd and 4th in some states, will be dropping out of the Presidential race in order to run, in Florida, against Rick Scott for Senate. Now that’s an interesting one, isn’t it?” Trump posted on his Truth Social account.

While DeSantis began his Presidential campaign with considerable support, recent surveys show a decline, sometimes positioning him 3rd or 4th in key states.

more
https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2023/08/donald-trump-says-ron-desantis-rumored-exit-presidential/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Trumpy is the new Carnac the Magnificent.  The mystic from the North East!

I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Online Kamaji

Yeah, the same scummy liar who posts "rumors" about Cruz' father, and etc.

Trump has zero credibility.

Offline roamer_1

Rumors are not truth. His social media company is misnamed.

Online Kamaji

Rumors are not truth. His social media company is misnamed.

Very much so.

Offline libertybele

Donald Trump Says Ron DeSantis Rumored to Exit Presidential Race for Florida Senate Challenge – DeSantis Campaign Responds
by Jim Hᴏft Aug. 28, 2023 2:20 pm

In a recent post on Truth Social, former President Donald Trump weighed in on the alleged dwindling prospects of Ron DeSantis’s presidential campaign.

Trump speculated that DeSantis might withdraw from the presidential race to instead challenge Rick Scott for his Senate seat in Florida.

“Rumors are strong in political circles that Ron DeSanctimonious, whose Presidential run is a shambles, and whose poll numbers have absolutely crashed, putting him 3rd and 4th in some states, will be dropping out of the Presidential race in order to run, in Florida, against Rick Scott for Senate. Now that’s an interesting one, isn’t it?” Trump posted on his Truth Social account.

While DeSantis began his Presidential campaign with considerable support, recent surveys show a decline, sometimes positioning him 3rd or 4th in key states.

more
https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2023/08/donald-trump-says-ron-desantis-rumored-exit-presidential/

I don't give much credence to 'Truth Social'. This could be nothing more than an attempt to continue to chip away at DeSantis' campaign.

What is troubling is -- if DeSantis throws in the towel and Trump winds up behind bars, that leaves Haley, Pence and Scott.  Not that best scenario at all for the GOP.  Likely Haley would get the nomination but I'm afraid that the DEMS would put someone else other than Harris in the winner's field for the nomination.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline libertybele

Yeah, the same scummy liar who posts "rumors" about Cruz' father, and etc.

Trump has zero credibility.

I agree.  He no longer has any credibility as far as I'm concerned.

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online cato potatoe

This is just more "truth" for his listless vessels to regurgitate:

DeSantis promised not to run for president. 
DeSantis conspired with Paul Ryan and Karl Rove. 
DeSantis gonna cut granny's social security. 
All of the nonsense Donald cut & paste from left-wing websites.

Offline libertybele

The DeSantis smear campaign continues under Trump.

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
I agree.  He no longer has any credibility as far as I'm concerned.

He is, and has always been a POS.   I can't believe this clown has a following of fools.

Online andy58-in-nh

Anyone who believes anything they read in hyper-politicized, unattributed "sources" like the Trumpway Pundit should be ashamed of themselves.

It's all made up, people.

It is no different from the nonsense you see in the mainstream media. It's all designed to make you feel, not to think. To validate your prejudices, not to enlighten you.

When the Left does it, it's a predictable product of their design to control the narrative and to suppress any opposition.

When Trump Cultists do the same thing... surprise! It's for precisely the same reasons.

In actual reality, the Orangistas can't hope to win - ever - without the votes of their chosen opposition, who aren't liberals or leftists or Progressives, but instead: real, live Republican voters.

But a Cult's gotta do what a Cult's gotta do: hate on everyone who doesn't equally revere the object of their affection.

Good luck with that, and thanks for dividing and conquering your own troops.

Because that's gonna work out really well next year.
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Online Wingnut

Anyone who believes anything they read in hyper-politicized, unattributed "sources" like the Trumpway Pundit should be ashamed of themselves.

It is no different from the nonsense you see in the mainstream media. It's all designed to make you feel, not to think. To validate your prejudices, not to enlighten you.

When the Left does it, it's a predictable product of their design to control the narrative and to suppress any opposition.

When Trump Cultists do the same thing... surprise! It's for precisely the same reasons.

In actual reality, the Orangistas can't hope to win - ever - without the votes of their chosen opposition, who aren't liberals or leftists or Progressives, but instead: real, live Republican voters.

But a Cult's gotta do what a Cult's gotta do: hate on everyone who doesn't equally revere the object of their affection.

:beer:

Offline Hoodat

DeSantis would not challenge an incumbent Republican.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Online Kamaji

:thumbsup:

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Trump needs to concentrate on his 4 upcoming trials instead of spreading rumors about DeSantis
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
Trump needs to concentrate on his 4 upcoming trials instead of spreading rumors about DeSantis
He can't, you just can't take reality TV out of Trump, he's the modern day P.T. Barnum with the greatest shitshow on Earth. The problem for Trump is that more and more of his rubes are catching on to his promises....this time it'll be different, this time.......yada yada yada it'll just be more eraseable EO's and no permanent actions.

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"

:amen: :amen: :amen:
« Last Edit: August 29, 2023, 01:15:59 am by Maj. Bill Martin »

Online kevindavis007

He can't, you just can't take reality TV out of Trump, he's the modern day P.T. Barnum with the greatest shitshow on Earth. The problem for Trump is that more and more of his rubes are catching on to his promises....this time it'll be different, this time.......yada yada yada it'll just be more eraseable EO's and no permanent actions.

A lot of people warned that this going to happen since 2015.
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/

Offline roamer_1

Trump needs to step down, concentrate on his 4 upcoming trials instead of spreading rumors about DeSantis

Fixed.  happy77

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits

That is certainly true of the DeSanctimonious cultists.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline LMAO

Desantis may have attempted to groom underage girls with alcohol at one time
DeSantis is working with Bidens DOJ against him

He actually won the popular vote in 2016
He claimed he had evidence that Barack Obama was not born in America

« Last Edit: August 29, 2023, 11:32:51 am by LMAO »
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Online cato potatoe

Here's the original (before Don Jr. sent him a text) along with a few other doozies from last weekend:

Offline DefiantMassRINO

It's just Trump's extemporaneous wishful thinking posted on UnTruth Social.

Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Offline Polly Ticks

DeSantis would not challenge an incumbent Republican.

Yep, agreed. 
This whole thing is ridiculous on the face of it.  Does he really expect anyone to believe it?
Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too. -Yogi Berra

Offline LMAO

Does he really expect anyone to believe it?

He does expect his MAGA base to believe it

I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy