Author Topic: Trump plays with DeSantis name, again  (Read 6741 times)

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Re: Trump plays with DeSantis name, again
« Reply #25 on: June 01, 2023, 07:17:10 pm »
It’s easy to pronounce Trump’s name, just call him @sshole for short.

Seriously, how many grown men do you know who don't know how to pronounce their own last name?

DeSantis has been struggling with this for years.  Why blame and insult Trump?   :laugh:

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #26 on: June 01, 2023, 08:08:40 pm »
Dear Ms. mountaineer:
A few suggestions:  Venture beyond the bubble TBR is at risk of becoming and discover what Trump is actually doing.  You'll be pleasantly surprised to hear, from the man himself, Trump's accomplishments and detailed plans for his next term in office.  You may discover he is the choice to right this ship of state on day one, better than any other Republican running or Joe Biden.  And speaking of Biden, you're sure to enjoy how Trump shreds the Biden administration from top to bottom with laser precision to wild applause from audiences.  Maybe post a thread or two on what Donald Trump is doing and the policies he's proposing (as opposed to dragging the media-driven Kayleigh McEnamy story from thread to thread, for example).
Gee, thanks for the sage advice.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #27 on: June 01, 2023, 08:14:44 pm »
Dear Ms. @mountaineer :
A few suggestions:  Venture beyond the bubble TBR is at risk of becoming and discover what Trump is actually doing.  You'll be pleasantly surprised to hear, from the man himself, Trump's accomplishments and detailed plans for his next term in office.  You may discover he is the choice to right this ship of state on day one, better than any other Republican running or Joe Biden.  And speaking of Biden, you're sure to enjoy how Trump shreds the Biden administration from top to bottom with laser precision to wild applause from audiences.  Maybe post a thread or two on what Donald Trump is doing and the policies he's proposing (as opposed to dragging the media-driven Kayleigh McEnamy story from thread to thread, for example).

:mauslaff:

Yeah, recycled promises to do the stuff he promised to do last time, but which he never did, coupled with brand new left-of-center promises to continue spending beyond our means, further impoverishing our children and grandchildren.

Wheee!

Offline kevindavis007

« Reply #28 on: June 01, 2023, 08:18:05 pm »
From the article…

You know, America, if you wanted to see Trump hurling Don Rickles-style insults on another prime-time reality show, I’m sure some network or streaming service would be happy to organize that. How about we leave the presidency to the grown adults who actually want to do the work?

:yowsa: :yowsa:

If our founding fathers ever saw this guy running for President, they would freak out.  They set up a system where GROWN ADULTS are supposed to be in charge.
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/

« Reply #29 on: June 01, 2023, 08:29:18 pm »

My pleasure @mountaineer  I'm always happy to help you.   :beer:

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #30 on: June 01, 2023, 08:31:53 pm »
My pleasure mountaineer I'm always happy to help you.   :beer:
I didn't say you did.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline libertybele

« Reply #31 on: June 01, 2023, 08:36:48 pm »
And his fawners applaud him just like trained seals. The schtick is getting old real fast. Our republic is hemorrhaging and we desperately need leadership. Is he even capable?

Good question.  At this point in time Trump is acting very childish and playing name games.

An ex-president who has gone off the rails.  Not good for our Republic that's for sure. 
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

« Reply #32 on: June 01, 2023, 08:39:21 pm »

If our founding fathers ever saw this guy running for President, they would freak out.

Man, this is the truth @kevindavis007   Not in a million years would our founders have envisioned a 44 year old snotnosed wannabe who can't even tell us the correct pronunciation of his own last name would attempt such a feat.

Interesting times, indeed.   :smokin:

Online DB

« Reply #33 on: June 01, 2023, 08:42:55 pm »
I'd recommend putting the paid political operative on ignore. It is an abuse of the forum to have people paid to promote lies have such access.

« Reply #34 on: June 01, 2023, 08:43:44 pm »
I didn't say you did.

I can always hope, can't I @mountaineer ?    happy77

« Last Edit: June 01, 2023, 08:44:49 pm by Right_in_Virginia »

Offline corbe

« Reply #35 on: June 01, 2023, 08:45:35 pm »
   I certainly understand that @Right_in_Virginia Real Leadership catches this early and just changes his name from Drumpf to Trump.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
« Reply #36 on: June 01, 2023, 08:48:17 pm »

I'm told Trump likes to communicate in hyperbole.  If so, why should any of us believe a damn promise he makes?  They're all just bluster/hyperbole that he doesn't mean for us too take literally anyway.  In which case...how should we take them?

Offline libertybele

« Reply #37 on: June 01, 2023, 08:51:24 pm »
I'd recommend putting the paid political operative on ignore. It is an abuse of the forum to have people paid to promote lies have such access.

The ignore feature is a wonderful thing! 

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

« Reply #38 on: June 01, 2023, 08:53:37 pm »

Silly little girl ..... You have access to everything I post. You can find it just as easily as I do ------ all you have to do is be able to handle the truth.  Good luck @DB  -----  I"ll be rooting for you.   happy77

Team Trump
@TeamTrump

Some presidential candidates struggle to nail their message. Ron DeSantis is struggling to nail his NAME.

Dee-Santis or Deh-Santis? His team won't say

Some presidential candidates struggle to nail their message. Ron DeSantis is struggling to nail his NAME. In the early days of his campaign, DeSantis has gone back and forth between pronouncing his name Dee-Santis and Deh-Santis.

Why it matters: DeSantis' dissonance on how to say his name — for years an issue of confusion for his campaign teams — is a curiosity as many GOP leaders and donors wonder whether the Florida governor is ready for the scrutiny of a presidential campaign.

Asked the proper way to pronounce his name, DeSantis' campaign did not answer. The super PAC, Never Back Down, declined to say.

Flashback: Early in his political career, DeSantis, 44, appeared to use "Dee-Santis" more often — then began a slow and still-incomplete evolution to "Deh-Santis."

During the 2018 race for Florida governor, the candidate and his wife pronounced his name differently in his television ads: He said "Dee-Santis" in his first TV spot, and she said "Deh-Santis" in another.

When a reporter noted the differences, a campaign spokesperson at the time said the candidate "prefers 'Dee-Santis.' "

The dueling pronunciations have tripped up others. When DeSantis was sworn in for his second term as governor in January, Florida's chief justice pronounced his name "Dee-Santis" — and the governor repeated back, "Deh-Santis."

More: https://www.axios.com/2023/06/01/desantis-pronounce-his-name

10:22 AM · Jun 1, 2023

« Last Edit: June 01, 2023, 08:58:45 pm by Right_in_Virginia »

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
« Reply #39 on: June 01, 2023, 09:00:06 pm »
Man, this is the truth @kevindavis007   Not in a million years would our founders have envisioned a 44 year old snotnosed wannabe who can't even tell us the correct pronunciation of his own last name....

I think they'd be even more shocked by a 78 year old guy who has never read a complete book.  They'd almost certainly have considered such a person unread, ill-educated, and wholly unqualified intellectually to be the President of the United States.

As far as DeSantis being "snotnosed", he is as old or older than were four of the five people responsible for the drafting of the Declaration of Independence. So I don't think they'd consider DeSantis' age to be a disqualifier.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2023, 09:02:07 pm by Maj. Bill Martin »

Offline kevindavis007

« Reply #40 on: June 01, 2023, 09:08:59 pm »
Man, this is the truth @kevindavis007   Not in a million years would our founders have envisioned a 44 year old snotnosed wannabe who can't even tell us the correct pronunciation of his own last name would attempt such a feat.

Interesting times, indeed.   :smokin:

@Right_in_Virginia

I'm thinking of some old reality game show host they wouldn't like who is 78 years old.
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/

Online DB

« Reply #41 on: June 01, 2023, 09:09:39 pm »
Silly little girl ..... You have access to everything I post. You can find it just as easily as I do ------ all you have to do is be able to handle the truth.  Good luck @DB  -----  I"ll be rooting for you.   happy77

Team Trump
@TeamTrump

Some presidential candidates struggle to nail their message. Ron DeSantis is struggling to nail his NAME.

So the shoe does fit and you put it on by replying to it.

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #42 on: June 01, 2023, 09:37:42 pm »
Isn't Sage a ...'aromatic' spice :whistle:

« Reply #43 on: June 01, 2023, 09:41:24 pm »

@Right_in_Virginia

I'm thinking of some old reality game show host they wouldn't like who is 78 years old.

Are you seriously suggesting the American generation that survived the brutal attacks from the British Empire wouldn't be standing and cheering on Donald Trump?  Good God, man, they'd be carrying Trump on their shoulders!!

Pull it together @kevindavis007   :laugh:

« Reply #44 on: June 01, 2023, 09:54:24 pm »
So the shoe does fit and you put it on by replying to it.

I don't know about your shoes @DB   But, this 44 year old POTUS wannabe has struggled FOR YEARS with how to pronounce his own last name.  Would you put this prowess in his "Leadership" or "Courage" column?   88devil

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #45 on: June 01, 2023, 10:35:58 pm »
OK, here's some truth.

How a person's name is pronounced is up to that person, and that person alone.

Who is Donald Trump or his campaign operatives like you—official or unofficial—to say otherwise? He says "DeSantis doesn't know how to pronounce his own name." Bullshit. I'm sorry. It's bullshit. DeSantis is the ONLY person who has the right to say how to pronounce his own name.

To go after a person's own name. That is the lowest of the low.

This is why I have said in the past that your beloved Donald Trump is going to have to die a natural death for our country to ever recover from the disaster he's wrought on our discourse. As long as he is able to utter such garbage, he's a threat to decency. How the HELL are we supposed to claw back this nation from the forces of evil that have run amok the past four years, partially with Trump's abetting, as long as he's sucking all the oxygen out of the room on low blows like this?
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline libertybele

« Reply #46 on: June 01, 2023, 11:50:02 pm »
OK, here's some truth.

How a person's name is pronounced is up to that person, and that person alone.

Who is Donald Trump or his campaign operatives like you—official or unofficial—to say otherwise? He says "DeSantis doesn't know how to pronounce his own name." Bullshit. I'm sorry. It's bullshit. DeSantis is the ONLY person who has the right to say how to pronounce his own name.

To go after a person's own name. That is the lowest of the low.

This is why I have said in the past that your beloved Donald Trump is going to have to die a natural death for our country to ever recover from the disaster he's wrought on our discourse. As long as he is able to utter such garbage, he's a threat to decency. How the HELL are we supposed to claw back this nation from the forces of evil that have run amok the past four years, partially with Trump's abetting, as long as he's sucking all the oxygen out of the room on low blows like this?

goopo

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #47 on: June 01, 2023, 11:54:59 pm »
I still don't get the "Rob" business, either. I don't care for calling Trump "Tumpy" or "Drumpf," and believe the "DeSanctimonious" appellation is beyond idiotic. Wouldn't it be something if the candidates - and WE - stuck to issues?

@mountaineer

"DeSanctimonious" IS an issue. If he will immediately turn around and stab the man in the back that saved his political career,what will he do to thee and me if he gets elected to be our next President?
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #48 on: June 01, 2023, 11:58:13 pm »
Team Trump
@TeamTrump

@Right_in_Virginia

How about "Untrustworthy back-stabbing bitch"?
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline corbe

« Reply #49 on: June 02, 2023, 12:01:15 am »
@mountaineer

"DeSanctimonious" IS an issue. If he will immediately turn around and stab the man in the back that saved his political career,what will he do to thee and me if he gets elected to be our next President?

@sneakypete What do you consider more sacred and less worthy of a stab in the back:

A: A political statement
   B: VOWS to your Wife who just gave birth to your Son? 
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.