Author Topic: Trump plays with DeSantis name, again  (Read 6725 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Trump plays with DeSantis name, again
« on: June 01, 2023, 01:33:09 pm »
Trump plays with DeSantis name, again
June 1, 2023 | Melissa Fine

Former President Donald Trump launched a litany of Truth Social bombs against political rival Ron DeSantis on Wednesday, mocking the Florida governor’s supposed flip-flopping on the pronunciation of his name.

“Have you heard that ‘Rob’ DeSanctimonious wants to change his name, again,” Trump posted on Truth Social. “He is demanding that people call him DeeeSantis, rather than DaSantis.”

“Actually, I like ‘Da’ better, a nicer flow, so I am happy he is changing it,” he stated. “He gets very upset when people, including reporters, don’t pronounce it correctly. Therefore, he shouldn’t mind, DeSanctimonious?”

The latest jab quickly made its way to Twitter, where “DeeeSantis” quickly picked up steam.

more
https://www.bizpacreview.com/2023/06/01/trump-plays-with-desantis-name-again-1364150/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline mountaineer

Re: Trump plays with DeSantis name, again
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2023, 01:33:45 pm »
Why? How will this get rid of Biden?
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2023, 01:36:34 pm »
If Trump only had the same zeal and innovative schitick with Biden. 
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online Kamaji

« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2023, 01:36:40 pm »
:facepalm2:

Offline LMAO

« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2023, 01:38:35 pm »
OK
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2023, 01:39:27 pm »
I still don't get the "Rob" business, either. I don't care for calling Trump "Tumpy" or "Drumpf," and believe the "DeSanctimonious" appellation is beyond idiotic. Wouldn't it be something if the candidates - and WE - stuck to issues?

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #6 on: June 01, 2023, 01:41:49 pm »
I still don't get the "Rob" business, either. I don't care for calling Trump "Tumpy" or "Drumpf," and believe the "DeSanctimonious" appellation is beyond idiotic. Wouldn't it be something if the candidates - and WE - stuck to issues?

Recent hit piece ads by the Orange turd calling RDS  Ron DeSalestax are especially offensive.  I am hating Trump more and more by the day.

Biggest laugh will be when Tumpy realizes he just lost 1-3M fiscal conservative votes come 2024.  Wonder how that works out for him.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2023, 01:44:04 pm by catfish1957 »
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline catfish1957

• Political Researcher
« Reply #7 on: June 01, 2023, 01:47:50 pm »

Sadly, the only opponent who went after Tumpy with any veracity was Cruz back in '16.  I am afraid perspective GOP POTUS candidates are afraid of him, based on what the POS Trump did to Cruz.

What I almost wish would happen is that all 10-20 get together and collaborate to destroy Trump.  It could happen, but this level of scorched earth would almost insure a second Biden presidency.

Online DB

« Reply #8 on: June 01, 2023, 02:06:55 pm »
He equates these actions to intelligence and cleverness. No intellectual meat required.

Offline catfish1957

• Political Researcher
« Reply #9 on: June 01, 2023, 02:09:35 pm »
He equates these actions to intelligence and cleverness. No intellectual meat required.

Intellectual or Clever?  Trump is neither.   Just a high profile carnival barker who through some strange quirk of fate became powerful.

Online deb

• Sinner saved by grace.
« Reply #10 on: June 01, 2023, 02:12:11 pm »
And his fawners applaud him just like trained seals. The schtick is getting old real fast. Our republic is hemorrhaging and we desperately need leadership. Is he even capable?
Brothers, sisters, come on down to that river
Guaranteed you'll never be the same
There's a fountain flowing from the heart of the Savior
Bring your sins and all your guilty stains
Let that river of life wash it all away

River of Life - Mac Powell

Online Kamaji

« Reply #11 on: June 01, 2023, 02:12:41 pm »
Intellectual or Clever?  Trump is neither.   Just a high profile carnival barker who through some strange quirk of fate became powerful.

He became powerful, and rich, primarily because he knows how to make a seductive presentation to potential marks.  If one skims through his book, the Art of the Deal, that is essentially what his primary skillset boils down to.

In a word, he has charisma.

It worked in the real estate market, where he was able to woo back investors time after time, notwithstanding several huge failures that ended in bankruptcy, and it works in the political market, where he is able to woo supporters, notwithstanding his failure to actually produce results, including promised results.

Offline catfish1957

• Political Researcher
« Reply #12 on: June 01, 2023, 02:14:14 pm »
He became powerful, and rich, primarily because he knows how to make a seductive presentation to potential marks.  If one skims through his book, the Art of the Deal, that is essentially what his primary skillset boils down to.

In a word, he has charisma.

It worked in the real estate market, where he was able to woo back investors time after time, notwithstanding several huge failures that ended in bankruptcy, and it works in the political market, where he is able to woo supporters, notwithstanding his failure to actually produce results, including promised results.

In a nicely worded narrative, you have perfectly defined a "con artist"

Offline andy58-in-nh

« Reply #13 on: June 01, 2023, 02:27:36 pm »
Trump's increasingly childish behavior is detracting from what he truly ought to be doing.

If he is in fact interested in once again leading the nation, Trump ought to develop and articulate an agenda for the future and make the case for why the current Administration must be replaced.

Instead, he's playing in the mud and making a spectacle of himself. 
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #14 on: June 01, 2023, 02:39:11 pm »
Trump's increasingly childish behavior is detracting from what he truly ought to be doing.

If he is in fact interested in once again leading the nation, Trump ought to develop and articulate an agenda for the future and make the case for why the current Administration must be replaced.

Dear Mr. Trump:
A few suggestions: Tell us why we should vote for you. List your accomplishments. Tell us what you would do if elected. Show us how you are a better choice than Biden. Remember that Biden, his party and his handlers are the ones destroying this country (as opposed to Ron DeSantis or Kaleigh McEnany, for example).

Online Kamaji

« Reply #15 on: June 01, 2023, 02:47:46 pm »

He should also be articulating why he can be trusted to carry through on that agenda, despite the shortcomings of his first term.

Online Kamaji

« Reply #16 on: June 01, 2023, 02:48:00 pm »
In a nicely worded narrative, you have perfectly defined a "con artist"

Yes.

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #17 on: June 01, 2023, 03:05:29 pm »
He should also be articulating why he can be trusted to carry through on that agenda, despite the shortcomings of his first term.
Yes what would he do different to actually have  things like a border wall, immigration reforms and oh I don't know budget reforms where spending is controlled by working with Congress(if he managed to get elected and not lose both houses) to have laws passed instead of erasable EO's. Big talk is all well and good but permanent(more the EO) achievements are what matter. Oh and tell us about how you really really will choose the best people the next time around.

Online Kamaji

« Reply #18 on: June 01, 2023, 03:07:29 pm »
Yes what would he do different to actually have  things like a border wall, immigration reforms and oh I don't know budget reforms where spending is controlled by working with Congress(if he managed to get elected and not lose both houses) to have laws passed instead of erasable EO's. Big talk is all well and good but permanent(more the EO) achievements are what matter. Oh and tell us about how you really really will choose the best people the next time around.

:thumbsup:

Offline LMAO

« Reply #20 on: June 01, 2023, 04:08:15 pm »
https://www.nationalreview.com/the-morning-jolt/trump-2024-shaping-up-to-be-even-dumber-than-trump-2020/

From the article…

You know, America, if you wanted to see Trump hurling Don Rickles-style insults on another prime-time reality show, I’m sure some network or streaming service would be happy to organize that. How about we leave the presidency to the grown adults who actually want to do the work?

:yowsa: :yowsa:
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #21 on: June 01, 2023, 06:25:08 pm »

Dear Mr. Trump:
A few suggestions: Tell us why we should vote for you. List your accomplishments. Tell us what you would do if elected. Show us how you are a better choice than Biden. Remember that Biden, his party and his handlers are the ones destroying this country (as opposed to Ron DeSantis or Kaleigh McEnany, for example).

Dear Ms. @mountaineer :
A few suggestions:  Venture beyond the bubble TBR is at risk of becoming and discover what Trump is actually doing.  You'll be pleasantly surprised to hear, from the man himself, Trump's accomplishments and detailed plans for his next term in office.  You may discover he is the choice to right this ship of state on day one, better than any other Republican running or Joe Biden.  And speaking of Biden, you're sure to enjoy how Trump shreds the Biden administration from top to bottom with laser precision to wild applause from audiences.  Maybe post a thread or two on what Donald Trump is doing and the policies he's proposing (as opposed to dragging the media-driven Kayleigh McEnamy story from thread to thread, for example).

« Reply #22 on: June 01, 2023, 06:51:35 pm »
Team Trump
@TeamTrump

Some presidential candidates struggle to nail their message. Ron DeSantis is struggling to nail his NAME.

Dee-Santis or Deh-Santis? His team won't say

Some presidential candidates struggle to nail their message. Ron DeSantis is struggling to nail his NAME. In the early days of his campaign, DeSantis has gone back and forth between pronouncing his name Dee-Santis and Deh-Santis.

Why it matters: DeSantis' dissonance on how to say his name — for years an issue of confusion for his campaign teams — is a curiosity as many GOP leaders and donors wonder whether the Florida governor is ready for the scrutiny of a presidential campaign.

Asked the proper way to pronounce his name, DeSantis' campaign did not answer. The super PAC, Never Back Down, declined to say.

Flashback: Early in his political career, DeSantis, 44, appeared to use "Dee-Santis" more often — then began a slow and still-incomplete evolution to "Deh-Santis."

During the 2018 race for Florida governor, the candidate and his wife pronounced his name differently in his television ads: He said "Dee-Santis" in his first TV spot, and she said "Deh-Santis" in another.

When a reporter noted the differences, a campaign spokesperson at the time said the candidate "prefers 'Dee-Santis.' "

The dueling pronunciations have tripped up others. When DeSantis was sworn in for his second term as governor in January, Florida's chief justice pronounced his name "Dee-Santis" — and the governor repeated back, "Deh-Santis."

More: https://www.axios.com/2023/06/01/desantis-pronounce-his-name

10:22 AM · Jun 1, 2023

Online Kamaji

« Reply #23 on: June 01, 2023, 06:52:11 pm »
From the article…

You know, America, if you wanted to see Trump hurling Don Rickles-style insults on another prime-time reality show, I’m sure some network or streaming service would be happy to organize that. How about we leave the presidency to the grown adults who actually want to do the work?

:yowsa: :yowsa:

:thumbsup:

« Reply #24 on: June 01, 2023, 07:11:06 pm »
From the article…

You know, America, if you wanted to see Trump hurling Don Rickles-style insults on another prime-time reality show, I’m sure some network or streaming service would be happy to organize that. How about we leave the presidency to the grown adults who actually want to do the work?[/

Desantis has been going back and forth on the pronunciation of his own last name for years.  If not for the entertainment industry's cancel culture, all of today's comedians would be having a field day with this.    :yowsa:

It's either funny or sad as hell.  The choice is yours.