Author Topic: Trump plays with DeSantis name, again  (Read 6794 times)

Offline LMAO

Re: Trump plays with DeSantis name, again
« Reply #75 on: June 02, 2023, 12:15:35 pm »
Exactly.  That last point is the crucial one:  DeSantis did much better without Trump's supposed "help".  That seems to be a common theme.

Our own senator here in Wi avoided, as much as he could, the Trump issue in 2022 and won reelection. His opponent at the time, Mandela Barnes, seemed to avoid tying Johnson to Trump, also

Trump is just not the king maker his MAGAs have convinced themselves he is. The evidence is against them

Outside the primaries, Trump and his candidates are not election victors
« Last Edit: June 02, 2023, 12:57:18 pm by LMAO »
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #76 on: June 02, 2023, 04:06:44 pm »
@mountaineer

"DeSanctimonious" IS an issue. If he will immediately turn around and stab the man in the back that saved his political career,what will he do to thee and me if he gets elected to be our next President?
SOTSDD

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #77 on: June 02, 2023, 04:08:13 pm »

Offline libertybele

« Reply #78 on: June 02, 2023, 04:17:39 pm »

No evidence of that. Nobody can say for sure that Trump brought Ron DeSantis to victory.

But here’s what we do know. Trump campaigns for him when he ran for governor the first time, and he won, but by a smaller margin

Ron DeSantis doesn’t have Trump campaign for him when he runs in 2022 and he wins by nearly 20 points

So, based on your reasoning, Ron DeSantis did better without Donald Trump’s help

In the 2022 midterms, Donald Trump endorsed candidates under performed. The one big bright spot was Ron DeSantis is 20 point victory.

So this idea that Ron DeSantis was ready to lose until Donald Trump came and rescued him is a fantasy created by MAGAs to convince themselves of Donald Trump’s electoral prowess

What we do know is that DeSantis won the first time around by less than 1% to a druggie and was found with a prostitute -- DeSantis had to ask for a recount -- so that was with DJT's help.

DeSantis' second time around without DJT he won areas like Miami-Dade county that hasn't been won by a Republican in years.  It has a heavily Hispanic population.  He won by a landslide - without DJT.

Those are the facts @sneakypete   He did it WITHOUT the rich rude Orange man!  So with that being stated (again) he didn't stab him in the back.  Not even close.  Trumpian talking points.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2023, 04:18:36 pm by libertybele »
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #79 on: June 02, 2023, 04:18:30 pm »
What we do know is that DeSantis won the first time around by less than 1% to a druggie and was found with a prostitute -- DeSantis had to ask for a recount -- so that was with DJT's help.

DeSantis' second time around without DJT he won areas like Miami-Dade county that hasn't been won by a Republican in years.  It has a heavily Hispanic population.

Those are the facts @sneakypete   He did it WITHOUT the rich rude Orange man!  So with that being stated (again) he didn't stab him in the back.  Not even close.  Trumpian talking points.

:thumbsup:  :thumbsup:

Online DB

« Reply #80 on: June 04, 2023, 10:53:34 pm »
Right over your head...

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
« Reply #81 on: June 05, 2023, 03:02:52 am »
I think the argument is that Trump helped DeSantis win the 2018 primary, not the general election.  No reason to believe that a Trump endorsement would have been the deciding factor to someone voting for DeSantis who otherwise might have voted for Gilliam.

The GOP primary is obviously a different story.  Trump endorsed DeSantis in December, but DeSantis still trailed substantially in polling until a late-June debate between he and the GOP frontrunner.  After that debate, DeSantis built a solid lead and won the nomination by double digits.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2018_Florida_gubernatorial_election#:~:text=Republican%20U.S.%20Representative%20Ron%20DeSantis,were%20held%20on%20August%2028.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2023, 03:08:54 am by Maj. Bill Martin »

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #82 on: June 05, 2023, 09:01:05 am »
I think the argument is that Trump helped DeSantis win the 2018 primary, not the general election.  No reason to believe that a Trump endorsement would have been the deciding factor to someone voting for DeSantis who otherwise might have voted for Gilliam.

The GOP primary is obviously a different story.  Trump endorsed DeSantis in December, but DeSantis still trailed substantially in polling until a late-June debate between he and the GOP frontrunner.  After that debate, DeSantis built a solid lead and won the nomination by double digits.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2018_Florida_gubernatorial_election#:~:text=Republican%20U.S.%20Representative%20Ron%20DeSantis,were%20held%20on%20August%2028.

Which suggests that it wasn’t Trumps influence, but DeSantis’ performance, that won that election as well.

Offline deb

• Sinner saved by grace.
« Reply #83 on: June 05, 2023, 11:06:03 am »

NOOOO! That’s going to ruin their main talking point! DeSantis owes Trump. Trump breathed life into DeSantis’ political lungs. He should probably pay with his firstborn or something.  *****rollingeyes*****
Brothers, sisters, come on down to that river
Guaranteed you'll never be the same
There's a fountain flowing from the heart of the Savior
Bring your sins and all your guilty stains
Let that river of life wash it all away

River of Life - Mac Powell

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #84 on: June 05, 2023, 12:43:40 pm »
NOOOO! That’s going to ruin their main talking point! DeSantis owes Trump. Trump breathed life into DeSantis’ political lungs. He should probably pay with his firstborn or something.  *****rollingeyes*****

@debrawiest

Trump being powerless must be the reason he terrifies all you "polite Miss Manners types" into having hissy-fits every time his name is mentioned,huh?

Come on,admit it,what you really want is JEB to run so you can get that warm "I've been here before" feeling in the pit of your stomachs,isn't it?

A dose of JEB would fix you all right up and bring you back to your "happy spot".
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #85 on: June 05, 2023, 12:51:10 pm »
@debrawiest

Trump being powerless must be the reason he terrifies all you "polite Miss Manners types" into having hissy-fits every time his name is mentioned,huh?

Come on,admit it,what you really want is JEB to run so you can get that warm "I've been here before" feeling in the pit of your stomachs,isn't it?

A dose of JEB would fix you all right up and bring you back to your "happy spot".

@sneakypete

Truth hurts, don't it.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #86 on: June 05, 2023, 12:54:14 pm »
@sneakypete

Truth hurts, don't it.

@Kamaji

Doesn't hurt me at all,but I don't work 24/7 trying to slam "Rude Orange Man".

Like I wrote earlier,what would make you people the happiest would be a chance to vote for JEB because another Bush would make you feel right at home.

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #87 on: June 05, 2023, 12:55:49 pm »
@Kamaji

Doesn't hurt me at all,but I don't work 24/7 trying to slam "Rude Orange Man".

Like I wrote earlier,what would make you people the happiest would be a chance to vote for JEB because another Bush would make you feel right at home.

Ahh, so you prefer to be lied to.  Ok.  You do know that makes you nothing more than a garden variety liberal.

Right-o chief.

Offline deb

• Sinner saved by grace.
« Reply #88 on: June 05, 2023, 01:18:58 pm »
@debrawiest

Here’s the thing, Pete. I CHOOSE not to worship at the feet of ANY politician. Sorry if that offends you.
(Actually, I’m not sorry if that offends you. Take offense if you must.)
Brothers, sisters, come on down to that river
Guaranteed you'll never be the same
There's a fountain flowing from the heart of the Savior
Bring your sins and all your guilty stains
Let that river of life wash it all away

River of Life - Mac Powell

Offline LMAO

« Reply #89 on: June 05, 2023, 01:32:01 pm »
@debrawiest

“Look mom, another strawman”
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #90 on: June 05, 2023, 01:41:16 pm »

Ahh, so you prefer to be lied to.  Ok.  You do know that makes you nothing more than a garden variety liberal.

I see no difference between a whacked out liberal screaming "TRUMP" as a response to every rational argument given and a Trump sycophant yelling "JEB" to every rational argument given.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #91 on: June 05, 2023, 01:49:15 pm »

Right-o chief.

@Kamaji

Desperation is never pretty.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #92 on: June 05, 2023, 01:50:56 pm »
“Look mom, another strawman”

@LMAO

The truth is often painful,so don't let it worry you.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #93 on: June 05, 2023, 01:54:02 pm »
I see no difference between a whacked out liberal screaming "TRUMP" as a response to every rational argument given and a Trump sycophant yelling "JEB" to every rational argument given.

@Hoodat

"Sycophant"?????? He is nothing more than the least evil of all possible choices,and THAT makes me a "sycophant"?

As for the "rational argument given" BS,I haven't  seen one yet. All I see is hatred and jealousy because he is rich as well as rude.

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #94 on: June 05, 2023, 02:05:18 pm »
@sneakypete
No one here supports Jeb.  No one.  He is equally reviled by us all.  So enough with your preposterous strawman already.  Why not listen to what is actually being said instead of making up some absurd BS in its place?
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline LMAO

« Reply #95 on: June 05, 2023, 02:06:51 pm »
@LMAO

The truth is often painful,so don't let it worry you.

I’ve been on this site for several years, and I have not seen one person ever give any kind of support to Jeb or the likes of him. You bring him up more than anybody else on this forum

« Last Edit: June 05, 2023, 02:59:08 pm by LMAO »

Barry Goldwater

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #96 on: June 05, 2023, 03:55:08 pm »
@sneakypete
No one here supports Jeb.  No one.  He is equally reviled by us all.  So enough with your preposterous strawman already.  Why not listen to what is actually being said instead of making up some absurd BS in its place?

@Hoodat

"ABSURD"????

WHAT could be more absurd than DeSantis,who is a PROVEN backstabber,as our next President?

IF he is elected,the ONLY American he will serve is himself.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #97 on: June 05, 2023, 03:57:59 pm »
I’ve been on this site for several years, and I have not seen one person ever give any kind of support to Jeb or the likes of him. You bring him up more than anybody else on this forum

@LMAO

Well,I think the Anybody but Trump Brigade needs an alternative in case the globalists buy DeSantis off at the last minute.

He is CLEARLY a whore for hire.

Of course he is YOUR whore,so you don't give a damn as long as he takes out "Rude Orange Man".

Offline LMAO

« Reply #98 on: June 05, 2023, 04:04:57 pm »
@Hoodat

"ABSURD"????

WHAT could be more absurd than DeSantis,who is a PROVEN backstabber,as our next President?

IF he is elected,the ONLY American he will serve is himself.

Do you have a link to a signed statement of some sort, or a public proclamation by DeSantis, that he wouldn’t run against Trump in an open primary?

Barry Goldwater

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #99 on: June 05, 2023, 04:06:31 pm »

Do you have a link to a signed statement of some sort, or a public proclamation by DeSantis, that he wouldn’t run against Trump in an open primary?

@LMAO

Uhhh,he IS running against Trump for the Presidency. Is he not an announced candidate?