Author Topic: Trump plays with DeSantis name, again  (Read 6793 times)

Offline LMAO

Re: Trump plays with DeSantis name, again
« Reply #100 on: June 05, 2023, 04:08:26 pm »
@LMAO

Uhhh,he IS running against Trump for the Presidency. Is he not an announced candidate?

So anyone who runs in a GOP primary is automatically backstabbing Trump???

You go with that argument  :rolling:

Trump is not entitled to the nomination
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Online Kamaji

« Reply #101 on: June 05, 2023, 04:09:26 pm »

:mauslaff:

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #102 on: June 05, 2023, 04:09:38 pm »
WHAT could be more absurd than DeSantis,who is a PROVEN backstabber

Proven?  You have been asked numerous times to show an instance where DeSantis stabbed someone in the back, and the only thing you could come up with was the idiotic explanation that Trump had offered DeSantis the VP slot.  Proven?  Yeah, right.  Just more lies, repeated again and again.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #103 on: June 05, 2023, 04:13:45 pm »

Do you have a link to a signed statement of some sort, or a public proclamation by DeSantis, that he wouldn’t run against Trump in an open primary?

But . . . but . . . but Trump promised DeSantis that he'd make him his VP.  Never mind that Trump would be forfeiting Florida's 30 electoral votes in the process.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline LMAO

« Reply #104 on: June 05, 2023, 04:16:06 pm »
Proven?  You have been asked numerous times to show an instance where DeSantis stabbed someone in the back, and the only thing you could come up with was the idiotic explanation that Trump had offered DeSantis the VP slot.  Proven?  Yeah, right.  Just more lies, repeated again and again.

Their argument, although a weak one, is because Trump did a campaign stop for him in 2018 when he ran the first time, DeSantis owes Trump

So using their own argument, because DeSantis campaigned for Trump in Florida in 2020 and repaid any assumed debt from 2018, Trump needs to step aside so DeSantis can run for President

That’s how absurd their argument is
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

Online Kamaji

« Reply #105 on: June 05, 2023, 04:18:51 pm »
Their argument, although a weak one, is because Trump did a campaign stop for him in 2018 when he ran the first time, DeSantis owes Trump

So using their own argument, because DeSantis campaigned for Trump in Florida in 2020 and repaid any assumed debt from 2018, Trump needs to step aside so DeSantis can run for President

And that campaign stop didn't actually do anything positive for DeSantis - he was still behind his opponent in that race after Trump's campaign stop, and didn't move ahead of his opponent until after they'd debated.  So even back then, Trump was not a net contributor to DeSantis - DeSantis own performance is what got him over the finish line.

Offline LMAO

« Reply #106 on: June 05, 2023, 04:19:13 pm »
But . . . but . . . but Trump promised DeSantis that he'd make him his VP.  Never mind that Trump would be forfeiting Florida's 30 electoral votes in the process.

Not long ago, SP was making the argument that Trump should get another four years followed by 8 years of DeSantis. Now,  DeSantis is a backstabbing bitch :shrug:
« Last Edit: June 05, 2023, 04:25:28 pm by LMAO »

Barry Goldwater

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #107 on: June 05, 2023, 04:22:41 pm »
Lock this thread. @mystery-ak  @Cyber Liberty
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline LMAO

« Reply #108 on: June 05, 2023, 04:23:19 pm »
And that campaign stop didn't actually do anything positive for DeSantis - he was still behind his opponent in that race after Trump's campaign stop, and didn't move ahead of his opponent until after they'd debated.  So even back then, Trump was not a net contributor to DeSantis - DeSantis own performance is what got him over the finish line.

DeSantis has every right to try for the GOP nomination and make his case just as much as Trump. Any Republican has the same right.

This “Trump is owed” belief is BS
« Last Edit: June 05, 2023, 04:24:14 pm by LMAO »

Barry Goldwater

Online Kamaji

« Reply #109 on: June 05, 2023, 04:28:22 pm »
DeSantis has every right to try for the GOP nomination and make his case just as much as Trump. Any Republican has the same right.

Absolutely.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #111 on: June 05, 2023, 04:35:49 pm »
Lock this thread. @mystery-ak  @Cyber Liberty

Maybe. I've been avoiding this thread like the Plague.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online kevindavis007

« Reply #112 on: June 05, 2023, 04:38:18 pm »

In my view, Trump has to re-earn the nomination and so far he isn't making a good case on why he should be the 2024 GOP Nominee.
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #113 on: June 05, 2023, 04:46:09 pm »
It has devolved into an ad nauseam back and forth that has nothing to do with the OP. @Cyber Liberty  @mystery-ak
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #114 on: June 05, 2023, 06:05:33 pm »
It has devolved into an ad nauseam back and forth that has nothing to do with the OP. @Cyber Liberty  @mystery-ak

We have another 409 days until DeSantis wins the nomination.  And 410 more days until Trump announces his third party candidacy.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Online Kamaji

« Reply #115 on: June 05, 2023, 06:26:47 pm »

In my view, Trump has to re-earn the nomination and so far he isn't making a good case on why he should be the 2024 GOP Nominee.

:thumbsup:

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
« Reply #116 on: June 05, 2023, 07:32:16 pm »
@Kamaji

Like I wrote earlier,what would make you people the happiest would be a chance to vote for JEB because another Bush would make you feel right at home.

@sneakypete

I don't see literally anyone, anywhere, urging Yeb to run again.  Yeb and that entire wing of the party learned in 2016 that their views on immigration were out of step with the grassroots.  That was the key issue that killed them in 2016, and it is even more true today.

Plenty of folks here are on board with DeSantis, who is both far more combative with the left, and far more conservative, than Yeb ever was.

Online Kamaji

« Reply #117 on: June 05, 2023, 07:33:07 pm »
@sneakypete

I don't see literally anyone, anywhere, urging Yeb to run again.  Yeb and that entire wing of the party learned in 2016 that their views on immigration were out of step with the grassroots.  That was the key issue that killed them in 2016, and it is even more true today.

Plenty of folks here are on board with DeSantis, who is both far more combative with the left, and far more conservative, than Yeb ever was.

Exactly!

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #118 on: June 05, 2023, 10:02:45 pm »

@LMAO

Of course not. AFAIK,only DeSantis is a backstabbing power mad little bitch.

I SUSPECTED that most people would be smart enough to recognize this basic truth. My apologies for forgetting about you.

Causen he bees Orange and Rude,but mostly because he is rich,right?
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #119 on: June 05, 2023, 10:04:32 pm »
:mauslaff:

Kamaji

Yeah,that was a brilliant little comment,huh?

Does your little "Ah hates Rich,Orange,Rude people,but mostly rich people club" have a secret password or handshake?

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #120 on: June 05, 2023, 10:06:55 pm »

@Hoodat

You can add confusion over this to your list of confusions,bubba.

What Trump did was campaign for him when he was running for office and losing HUGELY,and Trumps campaign and the money he spent helping DeSantis was what got DeSantis elected.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #121 on: June 05, 2023, 10:07:55 pm »

@Hoodat

You are full of Biden,bubba.

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #122 on: June 05, 2023, 10:09:46 pm »
I SUSPECTED that most people would be smart enough to recognize this basic truth.

Most people recognize that you have been unable to cite even a hint of evidence backing up this claim, even after being prompted to do so dozens of times.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #123 on: June 05, 2023, 10:10:56 pm »

@LMAO

DeSantis saved Trump??????

Where do you people in the "He man Billionaire Haters Club" come up  with this crap?

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #124 on: June 05, 2023, 10:11:52 pm »

@Kamaji

You should have led off with "Once upon a time......"