Author Topic: Trump Shreds DeSantis: He ‘Can’t Win the General Election’ Because of Record on Entitlement Programs  (Read 7239 times)

Online Kamaji

It is self-explanatory.  By definition:

privilege
prĭv′ə-lĭj, prĭv′lĭj  -  noun

A special advantage, immunity, permission, right, or benefit granted to or enjoyed by an individual, class, or caste.

Advantage - getting to invest in non-ponzi scheme
immunity - from paying FICA taxes
benefit - greater return on retirement.  Retirement based on actual investment instead of ponzi promises

Merely not being subject to a government imposition to which someone else is subject is not a privilege.  To say otherwise is to engage in the same sort of stupid gamesmanship the left engages in when it says that whites are privileged because they aren't subject to the same sorts of scrutiny or economic disadvantage that blacks are subject to.

Geez.

It's so fascinating to see people start exposing their liberal panties when their personal prejudices and biases get questioned.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2023, 07:46:10 pm by Kamaji »

Online Hoodat

So, by your argument, if even one person is subjected to a particular burden by government, then everyone, no matter their circumstances, must be subjected to exactly the same burden.

Uh, no.   Circumstances matter.  Government shouldn't require everyone to get a CDL simply because it requires truck drivers to get one.  Not everyone will operate under the circumstance of driving a truck.

So if one person is required to disclose their financial relationships to the government for whatever reason, then everyone has to disclose their financial relationships to the government.

That would depend on the circumstance.  What is the "legitimate governmental objective"?
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
If SS were to go to the chopping block, so should ALL fed gov pensions.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Online Hoodat

Merely not being subject to a government imposition to which someone else is subject is not a privilege.

Based on the very definition of privilege just presented to you, it is.  Is the American Heritage Dictionary wrong?

To say otherwise is to engage in the same sort of stupid gamesmanship the left engages in when it says that whites are privileged because they aren't subject to the same sorts of scrutiny or economic disadvantage that blacks are subject to.

The primary flaw to this argument is that liberals make the claim without providing any evidence to back it up.  Just saying that whites actually have privilege (as opposed to the much weaker example you've given, i.e. calling them "privileged") is a totally empty claim without concrete examples of that privilege.  Contrast that with my argument where I have specifically identified the 'privilege'.  Nice try though.

Geez.

It's so fascinating to see people start exposing their liberal panties when their personal prejudices and biases get questioned.

Let's see.  You are the one moving goal posts and offering strawman arguments, yet I'm the liberal?  Yeah, right.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Online Hoodat

If SS were to go to the chopping block, so should ALL fed gov pensions.

And 90% of federal government jobs.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Online Kamaji

Based on the very definition of privilege just presented to you, it is.  Is the American Heritage Dictionary wrong?

The primary flaw to this argument is that liberals make the claim without providing any evidence to back it up.  Just saying that whites actually have privilege (as opposed to the much weaker example you've given, i.e. calling them "privileged") is a totally empty claim without concrete examples of that privilege.  Contrast that with my argument where I have specifically identified the 'privilege'.  Nice try though.

Let's see.  You are the one moving goal posts and offering strawman arguments, yet I'm the liberal?  Yeah, right.

:facepalm2:

Whatever chief.  You run along and play with your personal, idiosyncratic beliefs about what is, and what is not, "equal protection".  You're wrong, but so long as you're kept from the levers of power, we can affirm your condition rather than trying to cure it.

Online Hoodat

And you can go on pretending that granting special privileges to government workers by granting them immunity from a 14% income tax somehow is consistent with ethical universalization and equal protection for all.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Nope, not privileged like con artist Donald Trump, who prefers to hire third world migrants, but also delights in stiffing people like your father.  The stories are endless. 

@cato potatoe

Ahhh,there is the class warfare thing again.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Not just fearful, but entitled. You can see it here. We have posters that believe that it’s their money that was taken out of their check and put away for them for their future and no amount of telling them that that’s not the law is convincing them.  You can’t talk people out of their fantasies.

@LMAO

That's because you are so full of Biden that it drips out your ears.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
User fees.

There are some things that need to get funded beyond that, especially defense.  But those things should not amount to more than 10 percent of GDP, maybe a bit more in war time. Ten percent of GDP could easily be collected with a VAT, national sales tax or flat income tax of some kind.  There is no need for the kind of intrusion into our personal lives that the IRS engages in.

@massadvj

ROFLMAO!

i suppose you would be happy  to wait in line each morning to pay the toll to use the road you drive on to get to work,and then pay  the toll again that afternoon on your way home?

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Fantasy?  How is it a fantasy that every single paycheck money is taken out and how is it a fantasy that on that paycheck $$ is appropriated to FICA and Medicare?  Thinking that it doesn't happen or that there is some justification to tax me on my labor is fantasy.

@libertybele

These guys have a favorite fantasy,and they just are NOT going to allow reality to get in the way of it.

Offline libertybele

@libertybele

These guys have a favorite fantasy,and they just are NOT going to allow reality to get in the way of it.

888high58888
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
@sneakypete if you read my post I mention tax on goods -- again what I have a problem with is being taxed on my labor.

@libertybele

I fail to see any ACTUAL difference between the two. Either way you are STILL being taxed on an EVERY DAY BASIS,and my best GUESS is it would be at a higher rate than the one you are being taxed at today.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Another way it violates equal protection is by allowing exemptions for government workers.  If you work for a state or local government that has its own retirement fund, you don't have to pay social security taxes.

@Hoodat

Thanks,I did not know that.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
I didn't hide behind anything.  I was out in the open with my argument.  Imposing taxation based on employer for the exact same job violates equal protection.  Period.

@Hoodat

This is just not a conversation where no one from either side will ever agree on anything.

Online massadvj

• Editorial Advisor
@massadvj

ROFLMAO!

i suppose you would be happy  to wait in line each morning to pay the toll to use the road you drive on to get to work,and then pay  the toll again that afternoon on your way home?

Roads and highways are funded through gasoline taxes in most places. That includes the interstate highway system, which is funded by federal gas taxes. That is how you make users pay for services. In spite of that, in many places people do pay extra tolls to access express lanes or to use tollways such as the Pennsylvania Turnpike.

Online Kamaji

And you can go on pretending that granting special privileges to government workers by granting them immunity from a 14% income tax somehow is consistent with ethical universalization and equal protection for all.

:mauslaff:

Thank God you're not in charge of legislation.

Online Hoodat

Thank God you're not in charge of legislation.

Making government workers live under the same rules as the rest of us?  Oh, the horror!

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Online Kamaji

Making government workers live under the same rules as the rest of us?  Oh, the horror!

Force a false and specious equality onto differently-placed people.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Force a false and specious equality onto differently-placed people.

Why should people who are "differently placed" (read work in government) be special?
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online Kamaji

Why should people who are "differently placed" (read work in government) be special?

Who's being "special"?  Geez.

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
Okay, I have come back to this thread and gone through all 171 replies and not once that I can recall have I seen an explanation  how Trump shredded DeSantis  :shrug:

Online roamer_1

Okay, I have come back to this thread and gone through all 171 replies and not once that I can recall have I seen an explanation  how Trump shredded DeSantis  :shrug:

... Or how a 'bad' record on entitlements - An unequivocally Conservative PLUS - is an election loser...

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits

@GtHawk

Doan chan no dat Rude Orange Man bees sew ebil dat he kin do dat stuff in hiz sleep?

Be skeerid,be vewwy,vewwy skeerid!

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
@GtHawk

Doan chan no dat Rude Orange Man bees sew ebil dat he kin do dat stuff in hiz sleep?

Be skeerid,be vewwy,vewwy skeerid!
Sorry Pete, I didn't understand one word of what you trying to say, I know you were trying to be sarcastic but seriously I haven't a clue what you were trying to illiterate there.