Author Topic: Ukraine 4  (Read 219430 times)

Ghost Bear and 4 Guests are viewing this topic.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Re: Ukraine 4
« Reply #675 on: June 24, 2023, 09:48:19 pm »
This could really in fact be the end of Russia.
We all have to pray that it does not become something much worse.

@240B

It might be the end of Soviet Communism,but it won't be the end of Russia.

I have NO freaking idea what is going to happen if/when Putin flees with a plane load of gold bullion.

This is kind of a unique situation,where a national government  seems to be collapsing,and that police state government was the only  way of life any of the people who lived there have ever known.

I don't have a clue  about what will happen. Russia COULD spring  forward from Communism and become a modern democracy,or turn into  another  form of police state.

Anything could happen.

Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #676 on: June 24, 2023, 09:50:31 pm »
@240B

It might be the end of Soviet Communism,but it won't be the end of Russia.

I have NO freaking idea what is going to happen if/when Putin flees with a plane load of gold bullion.

This is kind of a unique situation,where a national government  seems to be collapsing,and that police state government was the only  way of life any of the people who lived there have ever known.

I don't have a clue  about what will happen. Russia COULD spring  forward from Communism and become a modern democracy,or turn into  another  form of police state.

Anything could happen.
With Wagner moving into Belarus, this could all be smoke and mirrors to place a force of 25,000 to the north of Ukraine to open another front--all without a shot being fired against that movement. Kviv better take note. A big part of war is deception, and this could be a textbook (in the future) move.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #677 on: June 24, 2023, 09:51:35 pm »
Eastern Russia (Kamchatka peninsula and environs) is closer to the US than Western Russia.

@Smokin Joe

Thank you. This means  that  it is Eastern Russia that  the Chinese are lusting after.

They even have islands in the Aleutian chain where you can see US Islands in the Aleutian chain.
(Sarah Palin wasn't wrong, just what she said distroted).

I didn't know anything about  that. Do they have military bases there with Soviet soldiers?

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #678 on: June 24, 2023, 09:56:21 pm »
With Wagner moving into Belarus, this could all be smoke and mirrors to place a force of 25,000 to the north of Ukraine to open another front--all without a shot being fired against that movement. Kviv better take note. A big part of war is deception, and this could be a textbook (in the future) move.

@Smokin Joe

You seem to know a lot more about this than I do.

Online Smokin Joe

« Reply #679 on: June 24, 2023, 10:02:27 pm »
@Smokin Joe

Thank you. This means  that  it is Eastern Russia that  the Chinese are lusting after.

(Sarah Palin wasn't wrong, just what she said distroted).

I didn't know anything about  that. Do they have military bases there with Soviet soldiers?
Vladivostok, for starters, a major port and Naval Base. (The Navy (likely SEALs) tapped their secure underground comm cables back in the '80s, causing a stir...but reading their mail for quite a while)

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online Smokin Joe

« Reply #680 on: June 24, 2023, 10:04:22 pm »
@Smokin Joe

You seem to know a lot more about this than I do.
Latest word is that Wagner was pulling back from Moscow to 'prevent bloodshed', and had been offered Belarus as a place to hang their hats while this was sorted. That would position them for a thrust toward Kviv, while the Ukraine is involved with the operations in the Donbas.

C S Lewis

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #681 on: June 24, 2023, 10:50:59 pm »
Vladivostok, for starters, a major port and Naval Base. (The Navy (likely SEALs) tapped their secure underground comm cables back in the '80s, causing a stir...but reading their mail for quite a while)

@Smokin Joe

I knew about the Navy base there,but didn't know it was on the same land mass as Alaska.

Online Timber Rattler

• Conservative Purist and Patriot
« Reply #682 on: June 25, 2023, 01:52:41 am »

Right, Caesar just doesn't flee back across the Rubicon after declaring that he was marching to take Rome.  But, if this whole thing is some sort of ruse, then it was still an expensive one, with all the oil depots destroyed and aircraft shot down, reportedly killing 13 Russian airmen.
aka "nasty degenerate SOB," "worst of the worst at Free Republic," "Garbage Troll," "Neocon Warmonger," "Filthy Piece of Trash," "damn $#%$#@!," "Silly f'er," "POS," "war pig," "neocon scumbag," "insignificant little ankle nipper," "@ss-clown," "neocuck," "termite," "Uniparty Deep stater," "Never Trump sack of dog feces," "avid Bidenista," "filthy Ukrainian," "war whore," "fricking chump," psychopathic POS, and depraved SOB.

"In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act."  ---George Orwell

"If you want peace, prepare for war." ---Flavius Vegetius Renatus

Offline DB

« Reply #683 on: June 25, 2023, 02:08:30 am »
Right, Caesar just doesn't flee back across the Rubicon after declaring that he was marching to take Rome.  But, if this whole thing is some sort of ruse, then it was still an expensive one, with all the oil depots destroyed and aircraft shot down, reportedly killing 13 Russian airmen.

None of it makes much sense. There is no second place in this mess.

Online Smokin Joe

« Reply #684 on: June 25, 2023, 08:57:03 am »
@Smokin Joe

I knew about the Navy base there,but didn't know it was on the same land mass as Alaska.
No, it isn't. Those islands are separate land masses, too. Just some belong to the US, and some to Russia.

C S Lewis

Offline kevindavis007

« Reply #685 on: June 25, 2023, 12:28:23 pm »
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/ and the Eisenhower Caucus: https://EisenhowerCaucus.org

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #686 on: June 25, 2023, 01:42:58 pm »
No, it isn't. Those islands are separate land masses, too. Just some belong to the US, and some to Russia.

@Smokin Joe

Thanks for clearing that up.

Am I correct in assuming most of those islands are not populated with humans year round?

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #687 on: June 25, 2023, 03:11:47 pm »
'No, this is all staged': Ex-CIA analyst claims Putin 'orchestrated' the Wagner coup with Prigozhin as a 'classic false flag' to boost recruitment for the army and make West think he is weakened

Ex-CIA analyst Rebekah Koffler claimed Vladimir Putin 'orchestrated' the coup
    She suggested Putin and Yevgeny Prigozhi worked together to stage the uprising
    Kremlin faces a 'deeply unstable' situation after the Wagner truce, experts warn

By Andrea Cavallier, Senior Reporter For Dailymail.Com

Published: 09:21 EDT, 25 June 2023

An ex-CIA analyst has claimed Vladimir Putin 'orchestrated' the coup with Wagner mercenary chief Yevgeny Prigozhi in a 'classic false flag' to try to make the West believe his army had weakened.

Rebekah Koffler told Fox News' Eric Shawn on Saturday the coup was staged as a way for the Russian leader to boost his political power and he will eventually 'gain momentum, mobilize additional personnel, and re-energize his offensive on Ukraine.'

Prigozhin's forces moved from their camps in Ukraine into Russia on Friday and took over a regional military command in the southern city of Rostov-on-Don, before advancing toward Moscow.

Source:  https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-12231599/Ex-CIA-analyst-claims-Putin-orchestrated-Wagner-coup-Prigozhin-classic-false-flag.html

Online Smokin Joe

« Reply #688 on: June 25, 2023, 04:08:07 pm »
@Smokin Joe

Thanks for clearing that up.

Am I correct in assuming most of those islands are not populated with humans year round?
@sneakypete Yep. There are 69 islands in the Aleutian chain, many of which have active volcanoes. (The chain forms an Island Arc, and is volcanic in origin). The total population of the Islands is under ten thousand. But rather than type my carpal tunnels into implosion, I'll refer you to this: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aleutian_Islands, which can better answer your questions.

C S Lewis

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #689 on: June 25, 2023, 04:13:02 pm »
'No, this is all staged': Ex-CIA analyst claims Putin 'orchestrated' the Wagner coup with Prigozhin as a 'classic false flag' to boost recruitment for the army and make West think he is weakened

Ex-CIA analyst Rebekah Koffler claimed Vladimir Putin 'orchestrated' the coup
    She suggested Putin and Yevgeny Prigozhi worked together to stage the uprising
    Kremlin faces a 'deeply unstable' situation after the Wagner truce, experts warn

By Andrea Cavallier, Senior Reporter For Dailymail.Com

Published: 09:21 EDT, 25 June 2023

An ex-CIA analyst has claimed Vladimir Putin 'orchestrated' the coup with Wagner mercenary chief Yevgeny Prigozhi in a 'classic false flag' to try to make the West believe his army had weakened.

Rebekah Koffler told Fox News' Eric Shawn on Saturday the coup was staged as a way for the Russian leader to boost his political power and he will eventually 'gain momentum, mobilize additional personnel, and re-energize his offensive on Ukraine.'

Prigozhin's forces moved from their camps in Ukraine into Russia on Friday and took over a regional military command in the southern city of Rostov-on-Don, before advancing toward Moscow.

Source:  https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-12231599/Ex-CIA-analyst-claims-Putin-orchestrated-Wagner-coup-Prigozhin-classic-false-flag.html

ROFLMAO!

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #690 on: June 25, 2023, 04:15:05 pm »
@sneakypete Yep. There are 69 islands in the Aleutian chain, many of which have active volcanoes. (The chain forms an Island Arc, and is volcanic in origin). The total population of the Islands is under ten thousand. But rather than type my carpal tunnels into implosion, I'll refer you to this: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aleutian_Islands, which can better answer your questions.

@Smokin Joe

Thank you!

I THINK I MAY have known that a few years ago,but chemo brain took care of that.

Offline DB

« Reply #691 on: June 25, 2023, 04:15:13 pm »
ROFLMAO!

Well now you know why she is an Ex-CIA analyst...

Online Smokin Joe

« Reply #692 on: June 25, 2023, 04:18:43 pm »
Well now you know why she is an Ex-CIA analyst...
Could be lots of reasons for that. If Wegner moves into Belarus, this could have all been to mask that repositioning of that force for an attack on Kviv.

C S Lewis

Offline DB

« Reply #693 on: June 25, 2023, 04:37:08 pm »
Could be lots of reasons for that. If Wegner moves into Belarus, this could have all been to mask that repositioning of that force for an attack on Kviv.

Yes, there could be a lot of reasons. Little makes sense at this point. But as it stands Putin make public threats and then folded in hours is what his fellow countrymen see. There's nothing strategic about that. He didn't need to humiliate himself to get Wagner into Belarus.

Online Smokin Joe

« Reply #694 on: June 25, 2023, 04:40:03 pm »
Yes, there could be a lot of reasons. Little makes sense at this point. But as it stands Putin make public threats and then folded in hours is what his fellow countrymen see. There's nothing strategic about that. He didn't need to humiliate himself to get Wagner into Belarus.
Didn't need to, but it would be a great ruse to play on the Ukrainians who might not realize the threat in motion until defending the Capital would be difficult.

C S Lewis

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #695 on: June 25, 2023, 05:07:52 pm »
Didn't need to, but it would be a great ruse to play on the Ukrainians who might not realize the threat in motion until defending the Capital would be difficult.

At the risk of further demoralizing Russia's own troops?

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #696 on: June 25, 2023, 05:18:54 pm »
From what I have read the fighters are being returned the front lines. It is only Prigozhin that is going to Belarus. What am I missing?
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #697 on: June 25, 2023, 05:22:33 pm »
From what I have read the fighters are being returned the front lines. It is only Prigozhin that is going to Belarus. What am I missing?

I've seen stories that Lukashenko fled Belarus; perhaps Belarus is the buy-off for Prigozhin's continued loyalty?

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #698 on: June 25, 2023, 05:28:32 pm »
Putin likely ‘long-term loser’ after Wagner Group rebellion exposes weaknesses: experts

By Stephanie Pagones and
Ryan King   
June 25, 2023

The Wagner Group’s insurrection may have only lasted about 36 hours, but it will likely have damaging consequences for Russian President Vladimir Putin and his war on Ukraine, experts and officials say. 

Troops loyal to Putin withdrew from Moscow on Sunday after they were called in to guard the capital city against the impending threat of attack from Wagner commander Yevgeny Prigozhin and his mercenary troops.

Their removal comes less than two days after Prigozhin launched a revolt that brought Russia to the brink of civil war.

“What we’ve seen is extraordinary,” US Secretary of State Anthony Blinken told CNN’s “State of the Union” on Sunday. “And I think you’ve seen cracks emerge that weren’t there before.

“It is too soon to tell exactly where this is going to go,” Blinken said. “But certainly, we have all sorts of new questions that Putin is going to have to address in the weeks and months ahead.”

Source:  https://nypost.com/2023/06/25/putin-likely-long-term-loser-after-wagner-group-rebellion-exposes-weaknesses-experts/

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #699 on: June 26, 2023, 03:05:15 am »
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-