Author Topic: Trump Turns Indictment Into Wild Campaign Ad  (Read 3736 times)

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
Re: Trump Turns Indictment Into Wild Campaign Ad
« Reply #75 on: April 10, 2023, 07:08:42 pm »

Ah.. the old “I’m just too busy to answer any questions” tactic. That, and accuse Briefers of stalking you…lol

Hell, I still haven’t gotten an answer on Donnie’s debt from you from last year

Maybe you just have a three year delay in answering questions
 :shrug:
It's like being in a Star Trek episode, anyone says anything to question her narrative and you get

Offline cato potatoe

« Reply #76 on: April 10, 2023, 07:14:30 pm »
It can't be done,and you know it. In FACT,it would probably cost more because you would have to set up a new system that pays new employees while paying retirement payments to the current SS employees.

Not in the long run.  The return on a private account is so much better, the stats are mind boggling.  And the deal gets even worse in 2033.  Lifting the FICA cap on the upper class will not make the program solvent.  There will be all sorts of tax avoidance and evasion to dodge the additional 12.4%.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #77 on: April 10, 2023, 07:28:15 pm »
IOW, nobody's buying your sh*t.

You should thank heaven you don't know what you don't know. 

Offline libertybele

« Reply #78 on: April 10, 2023, 07:52:41 pm »
IOW, nobody's buying your sh*t.  :whistle:

:laugh:
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #79 on: April 10, 2023, 08:43:21 pm »
You should thank heaven you don't know what you don't know. 

Oh, I know alright... And that's proven already.  :cool:

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #80 on: April 10, 2023, 10:26:37 pm »
@sneakypete

If you get social security benefits, you're getting welfare checks.  Deal with it.

@Kamaji

Uhhh,I paid into SS for over 50 years bubba,and the deal was I would get a retirement check for paying into it.

What sort of diseased mind would see that as "welfare"?
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #81 on: April 10, 2023, 10:28:40 pm »

Why have you been paying the SS tax all these years?  Because it's a valid, binding tax on income that you are legally obligated to pay, just the same as the normal income tax, which you've also been paying all your life.

Why have a SS number?  Because that way your tax accounts - as in your records with the IRS - can be tracked.  It's also used, once you become eligible for SS welfare benefits, to track your receipt of SS welfare benefits.

@Kamaji

There is no such thing as getting those (people like you) who are voluntarily blind  to "see".

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #82 on: April 10, 2023, 10:30:34 pm »
I just think the idea that Trump could potentially have a real challenge for the nomination has kind of messed up their psyche

There is definitely a cult of personality when it comes to Donald Trump. You saw the same thing with Obama.

@LMAO

Yup,and you,no doubt,have a seat on the Board of Directors. He lives in your head 24/7.

Offline LMAO

« Reply #83 on: April 10, 2023, 10:36:03 pm »
@LMAO

Yup,and you,no doubt,have a seat on the Board of Directors. He lives in your head 24/7.

Um....he is currently  running for the GOP nomination for president. He isn't some obscure person from the past
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline libertybele

« Reply #84 on: April 10, 2023, 10:39:58 pm »
@Kamaji

Uhhh,I paid into SS for over 50 years bubba,and the deal was I would get a retirement check for paying into it.

Except for the diseased mind part, I agree with you @sneakypete
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #85 on: April 11, 2023, 01:35:52 am »
@Kamaji

:mauslaff:

@sneakypete

Boy did you let yourself get taken for a ride.

Do you routinely fail to read the small print?

Show us your contract, your agreement.

You can't.  You paid an additional tax on your income - read the god-damned statute, for once in your life - you didn't pay for a retirement pension.  And the checks you get - those aren't coming out of a pension annuity you paid for - those are cash payments coming out of general revenue funds, and are welfare payments - payments intended to maintain your welfare.

I'm sorry, but I'm really getting sick and tired of people claiming that they bought something with the income tax they paid and to which they're entitled upon retirement.

This what the social security tax says:

IRC 3101(a) "In addition to other taxes, there is hereby imposed on the income of every individual a tax equal to 6.2 percent of the wages (as defined in section 3121(a)) received by the individual with respect to employment (as defined in section 3121(b))."

"[T]here is hereby imposed on the income of every individual a tax ..."

How much more blindingly obvious can it get that this is just another income tax, a regressive income tax imposed on wages?

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #86 on: April 11, 2023, 02:04:47 am »

@sneakypete

You can't.  You paid an additional tax on your income - read the god-damned statute, for once in your life - you didn't pay for a retirement pension.  And the checks you get - those aren't coming out of a pension annuity you paid for - those are cash payments coming out of general revenue funds, and are welfare payments - payments intended to maintain your welfare.

I'm sorry, but I'm really getting sick and tired of people claiming that they bought something with the income tax they paid and to which they're entitled upon retirement.

IRC 3101(a) "In addition to other taxes, there is hereby imposed on the income of every individual a tax equal to 6.2 percent of the wages (as defined in section 3121(a)) received by the individual with respect to employment (as defined in section 3121(b))."

How much more blindingly obvious can it get that this is just another income tax, a regressive income tax imposed on wages?

@Kamaji

So,are you telling me the montly deposit in my bank account each month is a figment of my imagination?

Offline LMAO

« Reply #87 on: April 11, 2023, 02:09:06 am »

@sneakypete

You know this

I know this

But you now understand why any reform will be difficult as long as people believe that money is theirs that they were promised back.

I've even seen conservatives claim that if the government changes SS, they should get back what they put in plus interest as if SS taxes were a loan they gave to the FedGov.

There was a Supreme Court ruling in the 1960's that dealt with this claim but i can't recall the name of the case offhand
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
« Reply #88 on: April 11, 2023, 02:11:46 am »
@Kamaji

The problem financially is that you will get a lot more than you paid in.   That used to work when there were 30 people working for every one retired.   It won't work for long when there are only three workers for each retiree, as is true now, or only two for each retiree, which will be the case by 2050.  Heck, by 2030, it's going to be 46 retirees for every 100 workers.  That is not sustainable.

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #89 on: April 11, 2023, 04:22:36 am »
@Kamaji

Just think if you had taken that 50 years of contributons, invested them and gotten the effective historical yields of 8-9%. I'll venture that your built up account would accumulated a divy and interest yields of probably 3-4 times what you are getting right now from the fedzilla Sow.

It might not be technically welfare, but you and the rest of us have been fleeced by the biggest ponzi schemes in the history of mankind.  And I am sure as hell not going to defend this shit.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #90 on: April 11, 2023, 04:29:31 am »
The problem financially is that you will get a lot more than you paid in.   That used to work when there were 30 people working for every one retired.   It won't work for long when there are only three workers for each retiree, as is true now, or only two for each retiree, which will be the case by 2050.  Heck, by 2030, it's going to be 46 retirees for every 100 workers.  That is not sustainable.

Got to disagree Major.  With any fiscal acuity and investment savy , what you would have built up in SS contribution cost avoidance would far exceed any benefit from the payment.  Several years ago, I put the pen and calcuator to the process, and based on my investment history, what I put ito the system 38 years came out to about a 20-25% loss versus what I could have gotten additionally.    And again based on my epected life expectancy..

I do agree with the demographic disparity though.  SS is not sustainable unless there are reductions in payments, or the age extended for new annuitants.  I have told many that is pure craziness to include SS as part of the formula for comfortable retirement. 
« Last Edit: April 11, 2023, 04:31:02 am by catfish1957 »
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.