Author Topic: Trump Turns Indictment Into Wild Campaign Ad  (Read 3735 times)

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Re: Trump Turns Indictment Into Wild Campaign Ad
« Reply #50 on: April 09, 2023, 06:55:13 pm »
What bullcrap!

Liberal shite.

@roamer_1

Are you  really THAT freaking clueless,or do you just enjoy being a fool?

Maybe YOU can tell us all how the elderly and the crippled for life that PAID INTO THE SYSTEM when they are working,are supposed to live in your dream kingdom of "Bleep YOU,ME FIRST!"?
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #51 on: April 09, 2023, 06:56:44 pm »
@LMAO

And I am simply pointing out the deaths your dreams would cause.

Or maybe you could tell us YOUR plans on how to deal with the elderly and the crippled who paid into it their entire working lives will be able to provide for themselves?

Not to mention the children who rely on the SS income from a dead parents SS account to pay for their food,clothing,and shelter?

And that is not even mentioning their medical care.

Inquiring Minds,and all dat.

You really do not want to pay attention, do you?  Nobody, and I mean nobody, who has discussed reforming Social Security or Medicare has ever, and I mean ever, suggested that todays elderly would be dropped at the curb without any support whatsoever.

Every reform plan involves phasing in the changes so that todays seniors do not notice any changes at all.

Don’t worry, @sneakypete , you’ll continue getting your welfare payments the same as always.

Offline LMAO

« Reply #52 on: April 09, 2023, 07:07:02 pm »
You really do not want to pay attention, do you?  Nobody, and I mean nobody, who has discussed reforming Social Security or Medicare has ever, and I mean ever, suggested that todays elderly would be dropped at the curb without any support whatsoever.

Every reform plan involves phasing in the changes so that todays seniors do not notice any changes at all.

Don’t worry, @sneakypete , you’ll continue getting your welfare payments the same as always.

This has been explained over and over to him that I don’t even bother anymore
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline LMAO

« Reply #53 on: April 09, 2023, 07:10:18 pm »
@

Inquiring Minds,and all dat.

You’re not inquiring about anything

You’re throwing out DNC talking points and straw man arguments with fingers in your ears going “la la la la.”
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

Online roamer_1

« Reply #54 on: April 09, 2023, 07:11:18 pm »
@roamer_1

Are you  really THAT freaking clueless,or do you just enjoy being a fool?

Maybe YOU can tell us all how the elderly and the crippled for life that PAID INTO THE SYSTEM when they are working,are supposed to live in your dream kingdom of "Bleep YOU,ME FIRST!"?

@sneakypete

For starters, @LMAO is right. It is a tax and nothing else. They didn't 'pay in' or there would be an account in their name. There is not. They are not getting their money back. They're getting other people's money.

Secondly, The federal system has no such jurisdiction. No authority to meddle in welfare and health care. NONE. The entire system is Constitutionally illegal. That is no small thing to be ignored. MOST of the power in the federal system is hinged upon Social security, medicare, and welfare. Take away that cudgel and half the power leaves federal hands. ALL entitlements (*outside of military and govt. employed) belong to the respective states.

And lastly, no one is kicking old people out on the streets - Total bullcrap. It can be shut down in a stately fashion, and handed back to the states, where it belongs... Whether that is a long-term attrition with new applicants denied, entering state systems instead, or whether it is a hand-over across multiple years... There is a way to do it without throwing people out on the streets.

Your hysteria is exactly what liberals count upon...

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
« Reply #55 on: April 09, 2023, 08:35:08 pm »
@Maj. Bill Martin

Yes.

What do you call it?

If he will do that to the man that was the most help in putting him into office,what will he do to thee and me?

@sneakypete

Honest question here - to whom does a political leader owe their primary loyalty - to other politicians who have done them favors, or to the country/people as a whole?

Because if DeSantis believes that Trump would not be the right candidate for the GOP in 2024 (as do a lot of other Republicans), then for him to put personal loyalty to Trump ahead of what is good for the country would be reprehensible. 

However, to the extent you think DeSantis owed Trump "something", I would say that he repaid that debt by supporting Trump for President in 2020, and delivering Florida's electoral votes to Trump.   So even under the "DeSantis owed Trump" rationale, I'd say that made them even.

But even if you think DeSantis should still "owe" Trump even after supporting him in 2020, that vanished the moment Trump started trashing DeSantis publicly before the 2022 midterms.   Given the terrible things  Trump has said about DeSantis for the last six months, starting even before DeSantis' 2022 race, DeSantis would be a huge chump if he then turned around and kissed the butt of the guy who has been insulting him.

If Trump wanted to attack DeSantis as disloyal, he should have waited to trash him until after DeSantis declared.  Because by attacking DeSantis before he declared, Trump himself has justified DeSantis treating him not just as an opponent, but as a bitter enemy.

If DeSantis can't win it, destroying Trump should be his fallback goal at this point.  And Trump will have earned it because of what he has said publicly about DeSantis beginning before DeSantis even won reelection.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2023, 08:37:32 pm by Maj. Bill Martin »

Online roamer_1

« Reply #56 on: April 09, 2023, 09:13:57 pm »
@sneakypete

Honest question here - to whom does a political leader owe their primary loyalty - to other politicians who have done them favors, or to the country/people as a whole?

Because if DeSantis believes that Trump would not be the right candidate for the GOP in 2024 (as do a lot of other Republicans), then for him to put personal loyalty to Trump ahead of what is good for the country would be reprehensible. 

However, to the extent you think DeSantis owed Trump "something", I would say that he repaid that debt by supporting Trump for President in 2020, and delivering Florida's electoral votes to Trump.   So even under the "DeSantis owed Trump" rationale, I'd say that made them even.

But even if you think DeSantis should still "owe" Trump even after supporting him in 2020, that vanished the moment Trump started trashing DeSantis publicly before the 2022 midterms.   Given the terrible things  Trump has said about DeSantis for the last six months, starting even before DeSantis' 2022 race, DeSantis would be a huge chump if he then turned around and kissed the butt of the guy who has been insulting him.

If Trump wanted to attack DeSantis as disloyal, he should have waited to trash him until after DeSantis declared.  Because by attacking DeSantis before he declared, Trump himself has justified DeSantis treating him not just as an opponent, but as a bitter enemy.

If DeSantis can't win it, destroying Trump should be his fallback goal at this point.  And Trump will have earned it because of what he has said publicly about DeSantis beginning before DeSantis even won reelection.

That's all right.

DeSantis doesn't owe Tumpy jack sh*t.

Especially once Tumpy started raggin on him.

Gloves are off.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #57 on: April 09, 2023, 09:15:26 pm »

@Kamaji

Ok,so what is your plan,that would save money while providing all the promised benefits?

Uh,huh.

Sure thing.

I believe that.

HONEST!

I don't get welfare checks,Bubba.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #58 on: April 09, 2023, 09:18:58 pm »
This has been explained over and over to him that I don’t even bother anymore

@LMAO

You have never explained diddly squat. All you have done was make vague statements about saving money.

PLEASE explain to us all how you can  eliminate SS payments,still make the payments to the retired that you are OBLIGATED to make because they spent decades paying into the system,and still save huge amounts of money.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #59 on: April 09, 2023, 09:21:24 pm »
You’re not inquiring about anything

You’re throwing out DNC talking points and straw man arguments with fingers in your ears going “la la la la.”

@LMAO

BLAH,BLAH,BLAH. All noise and no explanation on HOW you propose to save money while meeting the same obligations.

It can't be done,and you know it. In FACT,it would probably cost more because you would have to set up a new system that pays new employees while paying retirement payments to the current SS employees.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #60 on: April 09, 2023, 09:32:15 pm »
@sneakypete

For starters, @LMAO is right. It is a tax and nothing else. They didn't 'pay in' or there would be an account in their name. There is not. They are not getting their money back. They're getting other people's money.

@roamer_1

Then why have I,YOU, and every other worker in the US been paying into the SS system all our working lives? WHY do you have a SS number?

Secondly, The federal system has no such jurisdiction. No authority to meddle in welfare and health care. NONE. The entire system is Constitutionally illegal. 

Blah,blah,blah. That must be why it has never been challenged in court,huh?

That is no small thing to be ignored. MOST of the power in the federal system is hinged upon Social security, medicare, and welfare. Take away that cudgel and half the power leaves federal hands. ALL entitlements (*outside of military and govt. employed) belong to the respective states.

Gee,and here I was thinking it was in the US Constitution and the federal laws.

And.....correct me if I am wrong,but did or did not the states vote to agree to create the SS system under federal law?

And lastly, no one is kicking old people out on the streets - Total bullcrap. It can be shut down in a stately fashion, and handed back to the states, where it belongs...

Uh,huh. And the chicks are free and I promise to not "bleep" in your mouth.

Whether that is a long-term attrition with new applicants denied, entering state systems instead, or whether it is a hand-over across multiple years... There is a way to do it without throwing people out on the streets.

Please name that system.

While you are at it,please name the people and the lawyers who will work to set it up for free.

Your hysteria is exactly what liberals count upon..

Pure mindless dogma.

Online cato potatoe

« Reply #61 on: April 09, 2023, 09:39:55 pm »
That's all right.

DeSantis doesn't owe Tumpy jack sh*t.

Especially once Tumpy started raggin on him.

Gloves are off.

Trump is about as loyal as a pet rattlesnake.  That anyone thinks DeSantis owes him something is one of life's mysteries.  It was in President Trump's interest for a large purple state to have a republican governor.  Of course he went to Florida and campaigned.  Whether it helped is open for debate.  The democrat turnout was tremendous, as was typical in 2018 ... about when most people realized Trump would never grow into the position.

Online roamer_1

« Reply #62 on: April 09, 2023, 10:06:01 pm »
@roamer_1

Then why have I,YOU, and every other worker in the US been paying into the SS system all our working lives? WHY do you have a SS number?

@sneakypete

In the end, control... And raping you of what could have been your savings.

I don't know that it hasn't.

Show me. Because the Constitution says anything not explicitly noted as the duties and responsibilities of the fed government are left to the states and the People. So show me in the Constitution where the federal government is granted the authority to define and manage 'entitlements'. It ain't there.

And.....correct me if I am wrong,but did or did not the states vote to agree to create the SS system under federal law?

Not legally, they cannot.

Please name that system.

I just did. Each state already has a functioning system.

While you are at it,please name the people and the lawyers who will work to set it up for free.

A pittance compared to the overhead alone in the federal system. And that is the problem with a one-size-fits-all system. It is huge, burgeoning, and without any direct competition to show it a better way...

With FIFTY systems, efficiencies WILL be found out, better ways and means... And it will surely cost way less because the taxes for it will be close to home.

Pure mindless dogma.

On your part. It is not mindless to understand and demand efficiency. It is not mindless to know that competition raises standards and reduces cost. It is not mindless to know that states by and large, cost way less than the unaccountable deep state of the federal government that you so love to spit at... till its your ox being gored.

You want to tear out the deep state, you can start with entitlements... because most of it resides behind that third rail that cannot be touched.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2023, 10:08:03 pm by roamer_1 »

Offline LMAO

« Reply #63 on: April 09, 2023, 10:08:02 pm »
@LMAO

You have never explained diddly squat. All you have done was make vague statements about saving money.

PLEASE explain to us all how you can  eliminate SS payments,still make the payments to the retired that you are OBLIGATED to make because they spent decades paying into the system,and still save huge amounts of money.

Um…I have given my opinion on options

One…raise the age of when one can receive it

I also support some means testing and privatization of it

I also agree any proposal should not affect current retirees. We had a pension system at the hospital I work at. It became too expensive. So what the hospital did was anyone hired after a certain date going forward would instead enroll in a 401k.

All this will and should be debated at some point in Congress.

Your posts further confirm that you have no clue what SS is. Most people don’t. And Trump pushes the myth that it’s a system people paid into and are entitled to get back
« Last Edit: April 09, 2023, 10:12:58 pm by LMAO »

Barry Goldwater

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #64 on: April 09, 2023, 10:11:35 pm »
@sneakypete

In the end, control... And raping you of what could have been your savings.

I don't know that it hasn't.

Show me. Because the Constitution says anything not explicitly noted as the duties and responsibilities of the fed government are left to the states and the People. So show me in the Constitution where the federal government is granted the authority to define and manage 'entitlements'.

The same place they are granted the authority to do everything else,in congress by majority vote.

It ain't there.

Not legally, they cannot.

So,congressional votes are illegal?

You understand all this,but you just want to be a contrarian.

Online roamer_1

« Reply #65 on: April 09, 2023, 10:14:24 pm »
Trump is about as loyal as a pet rattlesnake.  That anyone thinks DeSantis owes him something is one of life's mysteries.

Yeah... The Frog and the Scorpion comes to mind...

Online roamer_1

« Reply #66 on: April 09, 2023, 10:31:14 pm »
So,congressional votes are illegal?

@sneakypete

YES. Even by an Act, I reckon... Granting the government powers not lined out in the charter (the Constitution) requires super congressional authority - The contract the states agreed to would have to be altered.

You understand all this,but you just want to be a contrarian.

No, I am directly against it. For reasons given.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2023, 10:32:01 pm by roamer_1 »

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #67 on: April 10, 2023, 06:00:36 pm »
How do you know that's what DeSantis priorities wou be??

No. I'm not taking it personally, attacking a conservative when we are battling liberals and Marxist is unacceptable

Silly reply. **nononono*

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #68 on: April 10, 2023, 06:02:13 pm »
Uh,huh.

Sure thing.

I believe that.

HONEST!

I don't get welfare checks,Bubba.

@sneakypete

If you get social security benefits, you're getting welfare checks.  Deal with it.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #69 on: April 10, 2023, 06:06:24 pm »
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #70 on: April 10, 2023, 06:23:43 pm »
@roamer_1

Uh,huh. And the chicks are free and I promise to not "bleep" in your mouth.

Please name that system.

Pure mindless dogma.

Why have you been paying the SS tax all these years?  Because it's a valid, binding tax on income that you are legally obligated to pay, just the same as the normal income tax, which you've also been paying all your life.

Why have a SS number?  Because that way your tax accounts - as in your records with the IRS - can be tracked.  It's also used, once you become eligible for SS welfare benefits, to track your receipt of SS welfare benefits.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #71 on: April 10, 2023, 06:29:55 pm »
So you have no answer.  :shrug:

You know I have answers and piles of receipts ----- I've even  posted some of it.

But, the knee jerk talking points around here have just gotten too silly to even try and have a serious discussion ...... so nevermind.

I return you to your regularly scheduled PR.

Offline LMAO

« Reply #72 on: April 10, 2023, 06:39:30 pm »
You know I have answers and piles of receipts ----- I've even  posted some of it.

But, the knee jerk talking points around here have just gotten too silly to even try and have a serious discussion ...... so nevermind.

Ah.. the old “I’m just too busy to answer any questions” tactic. That, and accuse Briefers of stalking you…lol

Hell, I still haven’t gotten an answer on Donnie’s debt from you from last year

Maybe you just have a three year delay in answering questions
 :shrug:

Barry Goldwater

Online roamer_1

« Reply #73 on: April 10, 2023, 06:47:03 pm »

IOW, nobody's buying your sh*t.  :whistle:

Offline LMAO

« Reply #74 on: April 10, 2023, 07:05:43 pm »
IOW, nobody's buying your sh*t.  :whistle:

I just think the idea that Trump could potentially have a real challenge for the nomination has kind of messed up their psyche

There is definitely a cult of personality when it comes to Donald Trump. You saw the same thing with Obama.

Barry Goldwater