Author Topic: Trump Turns Indictment Into Wild Campaign Ad  (Read 3717 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Re: Trump Turns Indictment Into Wild Campaign Ad
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2023, 02:42:33 pm »
"Wild"?  It's straight from his remarks to the nation, on point and effective.

« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2023, 02:46:19 pm »
I don't know where the "wild" came from, but this is the intro to the video posted:

NEW VIDEO: “The only crime that I have committed is to fearlessly defend our nation from those who seek to destroy it. And now, these radical left lunatics want to interfere with our elections by using law enforcement.”

Offline libertybele

« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2023, 03:13:43 pm »
I wouldn't classify it as wild, I would classify it as strong, truthful and to the point.  Those who refuse to recognize what's truly going on may see it as wild. 

The leftist will of course now counter with their own ad full of the same lies they've been spewing since Trump took office. They are the fear mongers.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2023, 03:15:16 pm »

https://twitter.com/TrumpWarRoom/status/1644107572612399110

I don't think the ad will have much appeal to anyone other than his base, but that's his target audience for the primaries anyway.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2023, 03:23:45 pm »
I don't think the ad will have much appeal to anyone other than his base, but that's his target audience for the primaries anyway.

Those who hate him will see it as wild and you're never going to get them to admit what's going on. Then there are those who will be smart enough to do a little research if they have some doubts.

It's hard to not see the drastic negative changes happening in our country; riots, defunding police, empty shelves, higher gas prices, instability with China and Russia, and illegals pouring across the border vs. how things were under Trump. Of course the left always blame their failures on the right anyways and hard core leftists refuse to open their eyes.

Bottom line: Election integrity.  Otherwise all is lost.

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2023, 03:24:33 pm »
To every person that might be tempted to buy into Trump's MAGA sized fund campaign that is coming across more like a grift by the day.

EVERY NIGHT on Fox primetime there is at least always 2 ATTACK ADS by Trump towards DeSantis from the left side POV on SS.

Think about that before you write your check, knowing how he is going to spend it.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2023, 03:26:13 pm by catfish1957 »
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #7 on: April 08, 2023, 03:32:39 pm »
To every person that might be tempted to buy into Trump's MAGA sized fund campaign that is coming across more like a grift by the day.

EVERY NIGHT on Fox primetime there is at least always 2 ATTACK ADS by Trump towards DeSantis from the left side POV on SS.

Think about that before you write your check, knowing how he is going to spend it.

:thumbsup:

« Reply #8 on: April 08, 2023, 03:42:47 pm »

The ad tells the truth.   You are free to agree or disagree with DeSantis.   :shrug:

« Last Edit: April 08, 2023, 03:45:24 pm by Right_in_Virginia »

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

« Reply #9 on: April 08, 2023, 06:08:18 pm »
The ad tells the truth.   You are free to agree or disagree with DeSantis.   :shrug:

We're also free to decide if tearing down conservatives is what we want from someone running for the GOP nomination.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #10 on: April 08, 2023, 06:24:45 pm »

I don't watch TV so I haven't seen the ads attacking DeSantis. 

I haven't donated to a "campaign" in a very long time and I get texts asking for money all the time for Trump.  Not happening!

Trump lost my vote when he started attacking a very conservative governor; DeSantis.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #11 on: April 08, 2023, 06:25:02 pm »
We're also free to decide if tearing down conservatives is what we want from someone running for the GOP nomination.

Amen!

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #12 on: April 08, 2023, 06:57:57 pm »

@Right_in_Virginia

I 100% agree with DeSantis on SS.  Tear that  SOB down.  But I am also the ultimate Fiscal Conservative Hawk who knows that my position only rings with 10% of the public at best.  That's due to becoming an entitlement society, and a whole different discussion by itself.

Your boy Trump OTOH, w has turned into nothing but a pandering piece of shit, with attack ads like this and promises of Freedom Cities with Jetson Cars that would likely add $10-25T to the already $32T budget deficit.

If DeSantis does enter the race, I hope he exposes Trump as the bigger socilaist than FDR than he is.  Trump will say or do anything to become POTUS again. 
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online roamer_1

« Reply #13 on: April 08, 2023, 07:33:49 pm »
OF COURSE he did.

The martyr play.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WDM_ZohMCGk

« Reply #14 on: April 08, 2023, 07:52:11 pm »
@Right_in_Virginia

I 100% agree with DeSantis on SS.  Tear that  SOB down.  But I am also the ultimate Fiscal Conservative Hawk who knows that my position only rings with 10% of the public at best.  That's due to becoming an entitlement society, and a whole different discussion by itself.

Your boy Trump OTOH, w has turned into nothing but a pandering piece of shit, with attack ads like this and promises of Freedom Cities with Jetson Cars that would likely add $10-25T to the already $32T budget deficit.

Geeze, calm down @catfish1957   You do realize this is a contest; a fight ---- if I may use the "f" word ---- do you not?   There's a reason DeSantis omitted his Congressional record from fiction novel; he knows it will hurt him.  Because DeSantis wants to bury this doesn't mean everyone has to.

As for your issue dujour, again, relax.  You'll be happy to know your premier "conservative" will fight to the last tax dollar to pander the old fashioned way .  Read all about it -----

DeSantis signs $711 million Florida affordable housing plan into law
Yahoo, Mar 29, 2023, Naples Daily News

Gov. Ron DeSantis on Wednesday signed into law a $711 million plan to make housing more affordable for working Floridians. A priority of Senate President Kathleen Passidomo, the “Live Local Act,” will more than double funding for housing and rental programs, provide incentives for investment in affordable housing and encourage mixed-use developments in struggling commercial areas.

More:
https://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php/topic,496038.0.html

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

« Reply #15 on: April 08, 2023, 07:52:32 pm »
@Right_in_Virginia

I'm in your 10%, but the thing is that nobody is really even proposition to tear down SS.  It's just to fix it because the current math just doesn't work any more.   But Trump is just demagoguing the hell out of it because he figures it will be good for some votes.  That's wildly irresponsible, but he doesn't care because he just wants the power/adulation that comes with being President.  And I think he'd govern the same way he runs -- the pure expediency of popularity among his most ardent supporters.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2023, 07:57:15 pm by Maj. Bill Martin »

« Reply #16 on: April 08, 2023, 08:02:08 pm »
Trump is just demagoguing the hell out of it because he figures it will be good for some votes. 

So?  Dontcha think DeSantis buried his record because he knew it would cost him votes?

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

« Reply #17 on: April 08, 2023, 08:08:52 pm »
Geeze, calm down @catfish1957   You do realize this is a contest; a fight ---- if I may use the "f" word ---- do you not?   There's a reason DeSantis omitted his Congressional record from fiction novel; he knows it will hurt him.  Because DeSantis wants to bury this doesn't mean everyone has to.

As for your issue dujour, again, relax.  You'll be happy to know your premier "conservative" will fight to the last tax dollar to pander the old fashioned way .  Read all about it -----

Apparently the lefties weren't too happy about that housing bill.  It barred rent control and a bunch of other statist crap that municipalities in Florida wanted to do.  They also didn't like the fact that it was mostly tax credits for working people rather than giveaways for those who don't work.

https://www.floridapolicy.org/posts/lingering-concerns-with-live-local-act

I'd rather not see the government involved in this stuff at all, but that's not realistic.  Every state has housing programs like this, although apparently Florida spends less per capita than most.  In a state that is running surpluses anyway, this isn't irresponsible.  And it's also one of the things that enables Republicans to keep a stranglehold on power within the state.  It was a priority of the GOP Senate President, passed by a massively veto-proof margin, and DeSantis signed it.

Now maybe he should have done the Trumpian thing and called the spouse of the Senate President nasty names, but my guess is that he finds he gets more done this way.

Offline LMAO

« Reply #18 on: April 08, 2023, 08:10:20 pm »

So can I assume that you support Ron DeSantis’s so called affordable housing plan since you’re so gung ho for those MAGA cities?

And before you ask, I do not like good intentions with taxpayers dollars but that’s for the people of Florida to worry about. Every affordable housing idea seems to turn into The Projects

And the last time the government got involved in housing it took the whole economy down with it.

RIV’s posting history keeps reaffirming my assessment that MAGAs don’t want to reduce the size and scope of the federal government. They just want to wield its power.

The problem is, it gets used against them.
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline LMAO

« Reply #19 on: April 08, 2023, 08:12:26 pm »
Apparently the lefties weren't too happy about that housing bill.  It barred rent control and a bunch of other statist crap that municipalities in Florida wanted to do.  They also didn't like the fact that it was mostly tax credits for working people rather than giveaways for those who don't work.

https://www.floridapolicy.org/posts/lingering-concerns-with-live-local-act

I'd rather not see the government involved in this stuff at all, but that's not realistic.  Every state has housing programs like this, although apparently Florida spends less per capita than most.  In a state that is running surpluses anyway, this isn't irresponsible.  And it's also one of the things that enables Republicans to keep a stranglehold on power within the state.  It was a priority of the GOP Senate President, passed by a massively veto-proof margin, and DeSantis signed it.

Now maybe he should have done the Trumpian thing and called the spouse of the Senate President nasty names, but my guess is that he finds he gets more done this way.

But this is how leftism gets advanced. We had an affordable housing idea that was really pushed in Duluth and it attracted more homeless people.

The reason housing is getting so expensive in Florida because everybody wants to move there.
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

« Reply #20 on: April 08, 2023, 08:23:33 pm »
So can I assume that you support Ron DeSantis’s so called affordable housing plan since you’re so gung ho for those MAGA cities?

And before you ask, I do not like good intentions with taxpayers dollars but that’s for the people of Florida to worry about. Every affordable housing idea seems to turn into The Projects

And the last time the government got involved in housing it took the whole economy down with it.

RIV’s posting history keeps reaffirming my assessment that MAGAs don’t want to reduce the size and scope of the federal government. They just want to wield its power.

The problem is, it gets used against them.

It's worth noting that in terms of their approach, Florida's plan and Trump's go in completely opposite directions.

Florida's plan limits the power of local governments to zone out housing, or to impose rent controls.  It also is primarily tax incentives.  In other words, there is no centralized planning at all.  It's basically just greasing the skids for the private housing market to fill housing needs.  Where the housing is built, who builds it, etc., will be determined by the market.

Trump's plan involves the government choosing from among different drawn-out actual plans for ten cities.  They then give the land to those developers, who necessarily must also have the authority to impose all the restrictions necessary to build that city in accordance with the exact plan that was selected/approved by the federal government.  That's the same thing that happens with planned cities in places like North Korea, Red China, and the Soviet Union. Because as we all know, central planning and control is better than the free market.

There used to be a saying that if you went far enough to the right, you ended up on the left.  Guess Trump is proving that to be true.

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

« Reply #21 on: April 08, 2023, 08:24:57 pm »
But this is how leftism gets advanced. We had an affordable housing idea that was really pushed in Duluth and it attracted more homeless people.

The reason housing is getting so expensive in Florida because everybody wants to move there.

Like I said, I'm not a fan of any of it, but that's just not realistic today.  So if you're going to do it, this is the way to do it.   And as I said, it apparently is being implemented in a way that benefits people who make right around the state median wage.  It isn't public housing that attracts the poor.

« Reply #22 on: April 09, 2023, 01:19:10 am »
Like I said, I'm not a fan of any of it, but that's just not realistic today.  So if you're going to do it, this is the way to do it.   

88devil

« Reply #23 on: April 09, 2023, 02:13:40 am »
Trump lost my vote when he started attacking a very conservative governor; DeSantis.

It certainly is a time for choosing @libertybele, and it's not an easy choice:  Do we surge forward, stronger in 2025, or do we crawl back to the familiar of 2000?

It's tough to fight the urge to take all of this personally, especially with a governor you admire.  But, try.  Maybe this simple observation will help:

johnny maga
@_johnnymaga

Trump’s top priorities as President in 2024 would be saving the Nation & cementing his legacy in the process

Ron Desantis’ top priorities would be repaying his multinational mega donors & getting re-elected by not causing too much disruption

Our nation can’t afford the latter

8:30 PM · Apr 8, 2023

Offline libertybele

« Reply #24 on: April 09, 2023, 02:24:23 am »
It certainly is a time for choosing @libertybele, and it's not an easy choice:  Do we surge forward, stronger in 2025, or do we crawl back to the familiar of 2000?

It's tough to fight the urge to take all of this personally, especially with a governor you admire.  But, try.  Maybe this simple observation will help:

How do you know that's what DeSantis priorities wou be??

No. I'm not taking it personally, attacking a conservative when we are battling liberals and Marxist is unacceptable.