Author Topic: LIVE THREAD...Trump Surrenders  (Read 11555 times)

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
Re: LIVE THREAD...Trump Surrenders
« Reply #200 on: April 06, 2023, 04:13:06 pm »
Trump will never be acquitted, I'd say that's pretty drastic.

But drastic enough for him to lose the primaries?  This witch hunt has had the opposite effect. $10M in fund raising, and he's rocketing in the polls..  In fact Raz polling yesterday had him beating Pedo Joe by 7 percentage points.

The actual martyr gig is working at least now.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #201 on: April 06, 2023, 04:17:13 pm »
But drastic enough for him to lose the primaries?  This witch hunt has had the opposite effect. $10M in fund raising, and he's rocketing in the polls..  In fact Raz polling yesterday had him beating Pedo Joe by 7 percentage points.

The actual martyr gig is working at least now.

Will he still be allowed to run if found guilty?  If he has to do time, I don't see that happening.  This indictment is all about preventing him from running.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #202 on: April 06, 2023, 04:19:30 pm »
Will he still be allowed to run if found guilty?  If he has to do time, I don't see that happening.  This indictment is all about preventing him from running.

I researched that and found that even if he is convicted, it does not preclude him from gaining the nomination or even become POTUS.

What the slimey dims are banking on, is that a conviction will sway enough swing voters not to vote for him. 
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #203 on: April 06, 2023, 05:00:02 pm »
I researched that and found that even if he is convicted, it does not preclude him from gaining the nomination or even become POTUS.

What the slimey dims are banking on, is that a conviction will sway enough swing voters not to vote for him. 

Exactly.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #204 on: April 06, 2023, 10:14:25 pm »

@libertybele

I disagree. It is about distracting him as well as pissing him off in an effort to get him to blow his top so he loses support.

I don't think it is going to cost him ANY support,but it will distract him at a time when he needs to focus on his campaign.

BTW,can the NYC court or prosecutor be sued for damages for filing bogus charges?
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline libertybele

« Reply #205 on: April 06, 2023, 10:27:36 pm »
@libertybele

I disagree. It is about distracting him as well as pissing him off in an effort to get him to blow his top so he loses support.

I don't think it is going to cost him ANY support,but it will distract him at a time when he needs to focus on his campaign.

BTW,can the NYC court or prosecutor be sued for damages for filing bogus charges?

IMHO the NYC court can do whatever they want -- they are liberal and corrupt so I'm not sure that there's any possibility of them being sued.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline LadyLiberty

« Reply #206 on: April 06, 2023, 10:35:05 pm »
@libertybele

It's possible, but is it likely given the location?

Look at what happened to Nifong in the Duke LaCrosse case.

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #207 on: April 06, 2023, 11:36:13 pm »
@libertybele

For the last question: generally no. 

Online roamer_1

« Reply #208 on: April 07, 2023, 01:01:37 am »
IMHO the NYC court can do whatever they want -- they are liberal and corrupt so I'm not sure that there's any possibility of them being sued.

Yeah. But appeal with send it to the state courts, where NYC ain't in control.

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
« Reply #209 on: April 07, 2023, 01:25:36 am »
Yeah. But appeal with send it to the state courts, where NYC ain't in control.

New York Appellate courts generally are pretty good.

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

« Reply #210 on: April 07, 2023, 01:27:49 am »
Agree.  Unless something drastically happens in the dynamics of this race.  It's over.

I think that may be a bit of "prisoner of the moment".  This case is going to the back burner for the next 8 or so months, during which there will be plenty of opportunities for Trump to remind GOP primary voters why so many of them were looking for alternatives.

I'd love for him to lose, but at a minimum, I want someone to make a serious enough challenge that the idea of the GOP = Trump takes a major hit.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #211 on: April 07, 2023, 01:32:11 am »
I think that may be a bit of "prisoner of the moment".  This case is going to the back burner for the next 8 or so months, during which there will be plenty of opportunities for Trump to remind GOP primary voters why so many of them were looking for alternatives.

I'd love for him to lose, but at a minimum, I want someone to make a serious enough challenge that the idea of the GOP = Trump takes a major hit.

You state facts!  We cannot be a Cult of Personality, and that would be worse than the Democrats.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

« Reply #212 on: April 07, 2023, 02:01:53 am »
We cannot be a Cult of Personality, and that would be worse than the Democrats.

I know I'm not alone in saying this, but the whole "Cult of Personality" aspect of Trump, which is a very real thing in the same way it was with Obama, just really turns me off.   Although even Obama had enough social awareness to slip in some self deprecation once in a while to give the facade of humility.

But our first President - and thank the Lord for blessing us with him - had an inmate sense that the country was much more than just him.  He possessed true humility which is an incredible important quality given the power of political leaders in the modern world.

I have zero freaking doubt that Trump would gladly pop on a crown if one were offered.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #213 on: April 07, 2023, 03:22:38 am »
I know I'm not alone in saying this, but the whole "Cult of Personality" aspect of Trump, which is a very real thing in the same way it was with Obama, just really turns me off.   Although even Obama had enough social awareness to slip in some self deprecation once in a while to give the facade of humility.

But our first President - and thank the Lord for blessing us with him - had an inmate sense that the country was much more than just him.  He possessed true humility which is an incredible important quality given the power of political leaders in the modern world.

I have zero freaking doubt that Trump would gladly pop on a crown if one were offered.

@Maj. Bill Martin

He can't,so why worry about it when there are real problems for everyone to worry  about,including Trump,who KNOWS that as his age this is his last opportunity  to get prominent positive mention in the history books.

Otherwise,he just goes down as a rich guy that was President for one term.

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

« Reply #214 on: April 07, 2023, 04:41:33 am »
@Maj. Bill Martin

He can't,so why worry about it when there are real problems for everyone to worry  about,including Trump,who KNOWS that as his age this is his last opportunity  to get prominent positive mention in the history books.

But doesn't that really applies to everyone running for a second term, including Biden?  They're all worried about their legacy at that point because they know they can't run again, and they know they'll never have another opportunity to be impactful historically.  Obama's proud that he got ObamaCare through, but I'm not happy about that.  So the real question isn't whether they want to be successful, but rather whether Trump's (or Biden's) idea of being successful historically is the same as mine.  And I don't feel that way about either Biden or Trump.  That's not just on policy with respect to Trump, because I also believe that he sees one of the ways to be viewed positively is to destroy anyone who might compete against him for that title.  He thinks he'll end up looking good if he destroys other Republicans who might snag some positive attention.

I see one of the hallmarks of great leaders is whether they leave behind people who will do good work after them.  But I see Trump affirmatively tearing down other Republicans I think are good, and promoting others than I think are not good.  DeSantis bad/MTG good is just not a direction I think is a good one, but that's where he'd take us.  And I just can't sign off on that.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #215 on: April 07, 2023, 05:53:06 am »
But doesn't that really applies to everyone running for a second term, including Biden?   

@Maj. Bill Martin

No. I don't think Biden knows he is running. I think he believes he is just doing his favorite thing,attending fund raisers.

He is just doing what he has done his entire life,trying to scam money out of people by telling them what they want to hear,and denying he ever said anything they don't want to hear.

If he is breathing,he is lying. It is all he has ever done,and I have no doubt he will die with a lie on his lips.

Offline LMAO

« Reply #216 on: April 07, 2023, 11:43:01 am »

There is a huge cult of personality when it comes to Donald Trump. You see it in their support of his MAGA cities despite their instinct that idea is ridiculous. But he also feeds it. He’s out there claiming that Dan Kelly, in our Wisconsin Supreme Court race, lost because he didn’t seek his endorsement. Yet when he endorsed him in 2020, Kelly lost by something like 10 points. Why would you want someone to endorse you who  cost you the election the first time?

Trump doesn’t realize or believe that he is an election loser. Neither do his MAGA’s.
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline MeshugeMikey

• the anti trump
« Reply #217 on: April 09, 2023, 03:35:33 pm »
There is a huge cult of personality when it comes to Donald Trump. You see it in their support of his MAGA cities despite their instinct that idea is ridiculous. But he also feeds it. He’s out there claiming that Dan Kelly, in our Wisconsin Supreme Court race, lost because he didn’t seek his endorsement. Yet when he endorsed him in 2020, Kelly lost by something like 10 points. Why would you want someone to endorse you who  cost you the election the first time?

Trump doesn’t realize or believe that he is an election loser. Neither do his MAGA’s.

The TRumpanzee live in that alternate reality of their own making...the one that allows them to believe that thier personalized  DONNY IDOLS  are the real thing.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #218 on: April 09, 2023, 05:06:28 pm »
Can someone tell me how to put someone on the "ignore list"

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #219 on: April 09, 2023, 05:34:02 pm »
But doesn't that really applies to everyone running for a second term, including Biden?  They're all worried about their legacy at that point because they know they can't run again, and they know they'll never have another opportunity to be impactful historically.  Obama's proud that he got ObamaCare through, but I'm not happy about that.  So the real question isn't whether they want to be successful, but rather whether Trump's (or Biden's) idea of being successful historically is the same as mine.  And I don't feel that way about either Biden or Trump.  That's not just on policy with respect to Trump, because I also believe that he sees one of the ways to be viewed positively is to destroy anyone who might compete against him for that title.  He thinks he'll end up looking good if he destroys other Republicans who might snag some positive attention.

I see one of the hallmarks of great leaders is whether they leave behind people who will do good work after them.  But I see Trump affirmatively tearing down other Republicans I think are good, and promoting others than I think are not good.  DeSantis bad/MTG good is just not a direction I think is a good one, but that's where he'd take us.  And I just can't sign off on that.
See that's the problem, I know anyone who runs for President has a major ego but running so as to have a chance at a place in history is the weakest reason on Earth for anyone to run on. There are countless people who through invention, charity or good works have secured a place in history without running for President. Running for President and winning is just a bigger ego stroke. Before I get mugged, I'm not saying that's Trumps sole reason or any reason of his at all because we can't see the truth in anyone's head, I am commenting the reason posited by another.

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #220 on: April 09, 2023, 05:36:46 pm »

@sneakypete

Waste of time, IMO!

Just bite your lip and as Dionne Warwick might say..."Scroll on by!"   :laugh:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #221 on: April 09, 2023, 05:46:23 pm »

@sneakypete

At the top of the page there are a series of links. Punch the one that says "profile" then click on "summary".  On the left side of the page is a list. Scroll down to "Buddies/Igrore list and punch that.

Select "edit ignore list".

A box will appear that will allow you to add whomever you like to your ignore list.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2023, 05:57:41 pm by Bigun »
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #222 on: April 09, 2023, 05:54:19 pm »

@sneakypete

1.  Click the "Profile" button at the top of every page.
2.  Hover over the "Modify Profile" button  A list of options will pop up.
3.  Hover over "Buddies/Ignore List" and click "Edit Ignore List."
4.  Type the desired screen name. 
5.  Click "Add."'

Done!
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #223 on: April 09, 2023, 05:58:28 pm »
See that's the problem, I know anyone who runs for President has a major ego but running so as to have a chance at a place in history is the weakest reason on Earth for anyone to run on. There are countless people who through invention, charity or good works have secured a place in history without running for President. Running for President and winning is just a bigger ego stroke. Before I get mugged, I'm not saying that's Trumps sole reason or any reason of his at all because we can't see the truth in anyone's head, I am commenting the reason posited by another.

@GtHawk

When a storm destroys your roof and you need a new roof,what do you  care about,the personality of the roofer,or your roof not leaking the next time it rains?

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #224 on: April 09, 2023, 06:04:27 pm »
@sneakypete

At the top of the page there are a series of links. Punch the one that says "profile" then click on "summary".  On the left side of the page is a list. Scroll down to "Buddies/Igrore list and punch that.

Select "edit ignore list".

A box will appear that will allow you to add whomever you like to your ignore list.

@Bigun

Thank you!