Author Topic: LIVE THREAD...Trump Surrenders  (Read 11569 times)

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Re: LIVE THREAD...Trump Surrenders
« Reply #125 on: April 04, 2023, 08:35:00 pm »
Circus?  I don't see this as a circus in any way. If they can go after a former president they certainly can go after you and I.

@libertybele

They won't,though. There is no fame or fortune to be made from going after people like us.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #126 on: April 04, 2023, 08:38:25 pm »
🇺🇸 Mike Davis 🇺🇸
@mrddmia
·
14m
Wow.

Bragg is much dumber than I expected.

(Harvard. Harvard Law. How did that happen?)

This press conference is stunning.
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Support the USO

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #128 on: April 04, 2023, 08:40:32 pm »
« Last Edit: April 04, 2023, 08:48:48 pm by dfwgator »

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #129 on: April 04, 2023, 08:42:22 pm »

https://twitter.com/MeechMemez/status/1643248351394004993

more here
https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2023/04/04/press-member-grabs-bystander-manhattan-courthouse-dont-fck-with-me/

@mystery-ak

That SOB would only grab me once,and he would be wanting his mama. Cumbered by all that camera gear and with only one hand free,I would make him my bitch without even breaking into a sweat.

Kinda want to do it,anyhow,but NYC is too far for me to travel,just to teach manners to some asshat who thinks he is immune because he is black.

BTW,for anyone wondering,MY version of a "fair fight" is one that *I* win,regardless of what it takes.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2023, 08:43:24 pm by sneakypete »

Online Kamaji

« Reply #130 on: April 04, 2023, 08:43:48 pm »
I think lawyers like to keep these things as open as possible because it allows them to add stuff later at a whim (or as discovery runs across things). Must admit as first glance reading, it is boring as heck and repetitive.

An indictment is supposed to apprise the defendant in sufficient detail that the defendant can prepare his/her defense.  Frequently, however, the indictment is deficient in that respect, and the defendant can therefore demand a bill of particulars, which requires the prosecutor to provide the defendant with a statement that sets out the factual items that pertain to the offense charged, including the substance of the defendant's conduct that is encompassed by the charge.  NY Crim. Proc. Law § 200.95

Source:  https://casetext.com/statute/consolidated-laws-of-new-york/chapter-criminal-procedure/part-2-the-principal-proceedings/title-i-preliminary-proceedings-in-superior-court/article-200-indictment-and-related-instruments/section-20095-indictment-bill-of-particulars

Online Kamaji

Online Kamaji

« Reply #132 on: April 04, 2023, 08:45:40 pm »

https://twitter.com/greg_price11/status/1643349194332053507

:mauslaff:

Baloney.  You already have.  And now you're normalizing banana-republic levels of prosecutorial abuse and misconduct for rank political purposes.

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
« Reply #133 on: April 04, 2023, 09:01:17 pm »
@mystery-ak

That SOB would only grab me once,and he would be wanting his mama. Cumbered by all that camera gear and with only one hand free,I would make him my bitch without even breaking into a sweat.

Kinda want to do it,anyhow,but NYC is too far for me to travel,just to teach manners to some asshat who thinks he is immune because he is black.

BTW,for anyone wondering,MY version of a "fair fight" is one that *I* win,regardless of what it takes.

Fair fights are for losers.

Online berdie

« Reply #134 on: April 04, 2023, 09:02:52 pm »

https://twitter.com/greg_price11/status/1643347426302894080

Suppressing negative information to win an election?

Hmmm...that seems to be a some what precedent setting charge that should strike fear into the heart of any politician...including Joey. 

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
« Reply #135 on: April 04, 2023, 09:20:14 pm »
Jimmy Failla
@jimmyfailla
·
25m
Prosecution asking to hold the trial in January of 2024 right at the start of the primary season. But tell me again how this isn’t a political persecution you 🤡’s

I guess Trump waved his right to a speedy trial. I wonder if they had any internal discussions about not doing it, and forcing the matter.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #136 on: April 04, 2023, 10:59:28 pm »
CNN’s Miller: We ‘Whipped Ourselves up’ for a ‘Seven-Year-Old Case’ Against Trump ‘Nobody Wanted to Go Forward with’

Ian Hanchett 4 Apr 2023

While speaking on CNN on Tuesday, CNN Chief Law Enforcement and Intelligence Analyst John Miller stated that “we’ve kind of whipped ourselves up over the last week” over the indictment against former President Donald Trump and believed that “must be more than what we know” but the indictment is “just the same stuff we already knew” about a seven-year-old case that “nobody” in the prosecutor’s office wanted to move forward with.

Miller stated, “It’s an interesting shift today, because — and maybe it’s all our own fault — we’ve kind of whipped ourselves up over the last week about, if they’re bringing this case, it must be more than what we know is inside. And we looked inside today and [said], oh, it’s just the same stuff we already knew. So, what changed? It’s a seven-year-old case. In the D.A.’s office, they called this the zombie case, because every time they put it away, it came back to life, nobody wanted to go forward with it.”

He continued, “They had a larger, more complicated case involving hundreds of millions of dollars in overvaluing property in order to secure lines of credit and undervaluing property when it was time to pay taxes, and not just a little, but to the power of five. And it was a large, complex fraud based on the exact same charges, falsification of business records, but it was easier to articulate, the victims are the public, the taxpayers, the banks, the fraud. And he chose not to go forward with it. And yet, chose [to go forward] with this. So, it’s an odd turn.”

https://www.breitbart.com/clips/2023/04/04/cnns-miller-we-whipped-ourselves-up-for-a-seven-year-old-case-against-trump-nobody-wanted-to-go-forward-with/
Support the USO

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #137 on: April 04, 2023, 11:09:17 pm »

« Reply #138 on: April 04, 2023, 11:11:05 pm »

Online libertybele

« Reply #139 on: April 04, 2023, 11:13:16 pm »

How so Mr. McCarthy?  What is Congress doing or going to do??
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

« Reply #140 on: April 04, 2023, 11:21:52 pm »
Mark Levin
@marklevinshow

1. Having read the list of charges, there's a big problem: no actual crime has actually been charged.  That's right.

If a crime is committed when the defendant acts to conceal another crime, the question is what is the underlying crime that has been committed?

2. There is literally no underlying crime even referenced.  Furthermore, President Trump has not been charged or convicted of any underlying crime. There is not crime.  In fact, this is entirely unconstitutional.

3. And that's why Bragg has thrown so much against the wall -- to make it look like something it is not.

5:04 PM · Apr 4, 2023

« Reply #141 on: April 04, 2023, 11:28:52 pm »
"CNN analyst calls the indictment "underwhelming." " (Video)

https://mobile.twitter.com/MAGAIncWarRoom/status/1643347948284047366

Offline LadyLiberty

« Reply #142 on: April 04, 2023, 11:36:52 pm »

Suppressing negative information to win an election?

Hmmm...that seems to be a some what precedent setting charge that should strike fear into the heart of any politician...including Joey.

Fetterman comes to mind. They hid the truth about his health status after the stroke.

Online Kamaji

« Reply #143 on: April 04, 2023, 11:47:33 pm »
Mark Levin
@marklevinshow

1. Having read the list of charges, there's a big problem: no actual crime has actually been charged.  That's right.

If a crime is committed when the defendant acts to conceal another crime, the question is what is the underlying crime that has been committed?

2. There is literally no underlying crime even referenced.  Furthermore, President Trump has not been charged or convicted of any underlying crime. There is not crime.  In fact, this is entirely unconstitutional.

3. And that's why Bragg has thrown so much against the wall -- to make it look like something it is not.

5:04 PM · Apr 4, 2023

A well drawn indictment should allege the facts necessary to support the offenses charged; but failure to do so is not fatal in NY.  The defendant can request a bill of particulars, which must contain the necessary factual allegations.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #144 on: April 05, 2023, 12:25:55 am »
Trump Campaign Fundraises with Fake Arrest Mugshot

Former President Donald Trump’s campaign is using a fake mugshot to fundraise after Trump’s arrest in New York on Tuesday.

Jordan Dixon-Hamilton 4 Apr 2023

Former President Donald Trump’s campaign is using a fake mugshot to fundraise after Trump’s arrest in New York on Tuesday.

Trump was arrested after a New York grand jury voted to indict him last week. Trump voluntarily surrendered himself, flying from Florida to New York to be booked by New York law enforcement before his first court appearance on Tuesday.

Trump was arrested around 1:35 p.m. and appeared before the judge at 2:45 p.m., where he pleaded not guilty to all 34 counts of falsifying business records.

Unlike typical booking procedures, New York law enforcement did not take Trump’s mugshot. However, the lack of a mugshot did not stop the Trump campaign from creating a fake mugshot to raise funds.

Trump is selling an “Official Trump Mugshot White Cotton T-Shirt” on his website for $36. The fake mugshot is seen at the center of the t-shirt with the words “NOT GUILTY” printed right underneath the photo.

more
https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2023/04/04/trump-campaign-fundraises-with-fake-arrest-mugshot/
Support the USO

Online Hoodat

« Reply #145 on: April 05, 2023, 12:33:18 am »
I don't have much faith in the trial judge .  .  .

Just because the judge has a kid who worked for the VP candidate on the opposing Presidential ticket doesn't mean there are any conflicts here.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Online Hoodat

« Reply #146 on: April 05, 2023, 12:36:12 am »

So how is a NY County prosecutor able to invoke federal law when the former Governor of Arizona was blocked by a federal judge from invoking federal immigration law?
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #147 on: April 05, 2023, 12:42:21 am »
How so Mr. McCarthy?  What is Congress doing or going to do??

@libertybele

You mean other that pose as being concerned about a travesty of justice while hoping the left nails Trump because  there is NOTHING in this world professional  pols hate more than a outsider who is an amateur politician come in and show they up for who and  what they are?

"Don't rock  the boat" are words professional pols take to heart.

Offline Idiot

« Reply #148 on: April 05, 2023, 12:44:10 am »
I started watching Trump's speech tonight.....UGHHHH.  I just couldn't take it.  He was wronged for sure, but he needs to retire.

Online Hoodat

« Reply #149 on: April 05, 2023, 12:47:53 am »
From the indictment:

THE GRAND JURY OF THE COUNTY OF NEW YORK, by this indictment, accuses
the defendant of the crime of FALSIFYING BUSINESS RECORDS IN THE FIRST
DEGREE, in violation of Penal Law §175.10, committed as follows:
The defendant, in the County of New York and elsewhere, on or about February 14, 2017,
with intent to defraud and intent to commit another crime and aid and conceal the commission
thereof, made and caused a false entry in the business records of an enterprise, to wit, an invoice
from Michael Cohen dated February 14, 2017, marked as a record of the Donald J. Trump
Revocable Trust, and kept and maintained by the Trump Organization.

Penal Law §175.10 has a statute of limitation of five years.  Under NY Law, Trump cannot be prosecuted for this.  Yet it is the main charge levied by a corrupt prosecutor.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-