Author Topic: LIVE THREAD...Trump Surrenders  (Read 11558 times)

Offline Hoodat

Re: LIVE THREAD...Trump Surrenders
« Reply #150 on: April 05, 2023, 12:49:42 am »
Second count:

SECOND COUNT:
AND THE GRAND JURY AFORESAID, by this indictment, further accuses the
defendant of the crime of FALSIFYING BUSINESS RECORDS IN THE FIRST DEGREE,
in violation of Penal Law §175.10, committed as follows:
The defendant, in the County of New York and elsewhere, on or about February 14, 2017,

Second count is a parroting of the first count.  Again, statute of limitations expired over a year ago.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2023, 12:53:23 am by Hoodat »
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #151 on: April 05, 2023, 12:53:35 am »
Third count:

THIRD COUNT:
AND THE GRAND JURY AFORESAID, by this indictment, further accuses the
defendant of the crime of FALSIFYING BUSINESS RECORDS IN THE FIRST DEGREE,
in violation of Penal Law §175.10, committed as follows:
The defendant, in the County of New York and elsewhere, on or about February 14, 2017

Another repeat of the first count.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline libertybele

« Reply #152 on: April 05, 2023, 12:56:29 am »
I started watching Trump's speech tonight.....UGHHHH.  I just couldn't take it.  He was wronged for sure, but he needs to retire.

Just the opposite here.  He was forthright, honest and he and his entire family have been wronged.

I fear for President Trump  but most of all I fear for our country.

With China and Russia now together, we will no longer be the Super Power nor will our currency be dominant.

America .... what will the world do without her?

Total chaos anyone?  Russia and China will take us over.  Anyone truly feel that's impossible? 

Let's Go Brandon!!!
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #153 on: April 05, 2023, 12:56:41 am »
Count four, count five, count six,  .  .  .  all the way up to count 34 reference the same NY statute with a five year limitation on prosecution.  No federal charges there.  Only the same NY Statute.  No judge in their right mind would have allowed this arraignment.  I hope Trump sues them for cost of fuel.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #154 on: April 05, 2023, 12:57:00 am »
DC_Draino
@DC_Draino
·
15m
Never forget - Joe Biden was in the Oval Office w/ Obama when they coordinated the spying operation on President Trump w/the FBI, DOJ, and CIA in 2016

So is anyone surprised the guy who stole 2020 is now trying to imprison Trump before the 2024 election?
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Ghost Bear

• Not an actual picture of me
« Reply #155 on: April 05, 2023, 12:57:17 am »
So how is a NY County prosecutor able to invoke federal law when the former Governor of Arizona was blocked by a federal judge from invoking federal immigration law?

Simple. It's OK when Democrats do it.
Let it burn.

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Support the USO

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Support the USO

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #158 on: April 05, 2023, 01:03:09 am »
Benny Johnson
@bennyjohnson
·
20s
Donald Trump says Alvin Bragg is the true criminal in this case because “he illegally leaked massive amount of grand jury information.”
Support the USO

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #159 on: April 05, 2023, 01:05:38 am »
New York Consolidated Laws, Criminal Procedure Law - CPL § 30.10
Timeliness of prosecutions;  periods of limitation

1. A criminal action must be commenced within the period of limitation prescribed in the ensuing subdivisions of this section.

2. Except as otherwise provided in subdivision three:

(a) A prosecution for a class A felony, or rape in the first degree as defined in section 130.35 of the penal law, or a crime defined or formerly defined in section 130.50 of the penal law, or aggravated sexual abuse in the first degree as defined in section 130.70 of the penal law, or course of sexual conduct against a child in the first degree as defined in section 130.75 of the penal law may be commenced at any time;

(b) A prosecution for any other felony must be commenced within five years after the commission thereof;

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Support the USO

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #161 on: April 05, 2023, 01:09:30 am »
After listening to Trump's speech I fully expect the judge to issue a gag order...
Support the USO

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #162 on: April 05, 2023, 01:15:53 am »
After listening to Trump's speech I fully expect the judge to issue a gag order...

What are they gonna do?  Arrest Him.  lol
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #163 on: April 05, 2023, 01:34:56 am »
What are they gonna do?  Arrest Him.  lol

They wish.... :jail:
Support the USO

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #164 on: April 05, 2023, 02:16:38 am »
New York Consolidated Laws, Criminal Procedure Law - CPL § 30.10
Timeliness of prosecutions;  periods of limitation

1. A criminal action must be commenced within the period of limitation prescribed in the ensuing subdivisions of this section.

2. Except as otherwise provided in subdivision three:

(a) A prosecution for a class A felony, or rape in the first degree as defined in section 130.35 of the penal law, or a crime defined or formerly defined in section 130.50 of the penal law, or aggravated sexual abuse in the first degree as defined in section 130.70 of the penal law, or course of sexual conduct against a child in the first degree as defined in section 130.75 of the penal law may be commenced at any time;

(b) A prosecution for any other felony must be commenced within five years after the commission thereof;

Unfortunately, there is a tolling provision that is likely to apply.  NY Crim. Proc. Law § 30.10(4)(a), to wit:

In calculating the time limitation applicable to commencement of a criminal action, the following periods shall not be included:

(a) Any period following the commission of the offense during which (i) the defendant was continuously outside this state or (ii) the whereabouts of the defendant were continuously unknown and continuously unascertainable by the exercise of reasonable diligence. However, in no event shall the period of limitation be extended by more than five years beyond the period otherwise applicable under subdivision two.

Subject to how the NY courts may have interpreted the phrase "continuously outside this state", the prosecutor is most likely counting on, for example, Trump's time spent in D.C. during his presidency as having tolled the statute of limitations.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #165 on: April 05, 2023, 02:35:14 am »
Unfortunately, there is a tolling provision that is likely to apply.  NY Crim. Proc. Law § 30.10(4)(a), to wit:

Subject to how the NY courts may have interpreted the phrase "continuously outside this state", the prosecutor is most likely counting on, for example, Trump's time spent in D.C. during his presidency as having tolled the statute of limitations.

Trump was in and out of the Jurisdiction many times between 2017 and 2020, while he was President.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Sighlass

• Didn't vote for McCain Dole Romney Trump !
« Reply #166 on: April 05, 2023, 02:40:43 am »
@Hoodat

My understanding is they used some BS Covid rule that allowed an additional year. I am not going to hunt where I read that... sorry.
Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #167 on: April 05, 2023, 02:57:49 am »
Trump was in and out of the Jurisdiction many times between 2017 and 2020, while he was President.

In which case, there was probably a substantial amount of time tolled from the statute of limitations.  As the Ulster County Court has previously held, the "continuously absent" language is merely meant to ensure that certain vacations and other brief excursions from NY State would not toll the statute, but otherwise, if the defendant has resided outside of NY, even for a period of as little as three months (such as when incarcerated in another state), then the statute of limitations will be tolled.  People v. Ferrari, 155 Misc. 2d 749 (N.Y. Cnty. Ct. 1992).

The NY Court of Appeals has even gone so far as to hold that even a day of absence from the state will toll the statute.  The Court of Appeals addressed that issue in People v. Knobel , 94 N.Y.2d 226, 701 N.Y.S.2d 695, 723 N.E.2d 550 (1999). The Court agreed with the People that "all periods of a day or more that a non-resident defendant is out-of-State should be totaled and toll the Statute of Limitations." People v. Knobel , 94 N.Y.2d at 230, 701 N.Y.S.2d 695, 723 N.E.2d 550.

Thus, under Court of Appeals precedent, every day that Trump was physically outside of NY probably tolled the statute of limitations, which means that the five-year period almost certainly hasn't expired yet.

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #168 on: April 05, 2023, 02:59:34 am »
@Hoodat

My understanding is they used some BS Covid rule that allowed an additional year. I am not going to hunt where I read that... sorry.

I don't think they need to rely on some covid-derived rule, the NY Crim. Proc. Law contains a tolling provision that, as interpreted by the Court of Appeals, means that each day Trump spent outside of NYS is not taken into account in determining whether the five-year period has expired.

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #169 on: April 05, 2023, 03:28:21 am »

@Kamaji

I don't believe that argument is going to fly.  Section 4 is for subjects evading prosecution by making themselves unavailable to prosecutors which is something Trump has never done.  There is no action that Trump has taken that can be construed as avoidance of trial commencement.  Trump not only maintained New York residency for almost three years after the alleged offense took place, but he also maintained property and businesses there, revisiting the State on numerous occasions.

I believe that the prosecutor is instead targeting § 30.10 (3)(b)

(b) A prosecution for any offense involving misconduct in public
office by a public servant including, without limitation, an offense
defined in article four hundred ninety-six of the penal law, may be
commenced against a public servant, or any other person acting in
concert with such public servant at any time during such public
servant's service in such office or within five years after the
termination of such service; provided however, that in no event shall
the period of limitation be extended by more than five years beyond the
period otherwise applicable under subdivision two of this section.

The prosecutor was careful to select for an offense date one that occurred (barely) within Trump's term of office.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Offline DB

« Reply #170 on: April 05, 2023, 03:51:07 am »
Just the opposite here.  He was forthright, honest and he and his entire family have been wronged.

I fear for President Trump  but most of all I fear for our country.

With China and Russia now together, we will no longer be the Super Power nor will our currency be dominant.

America .... what will the world do without her?

Total chaos anyone?  Russia and China will take us over.  Anyone truly feel that's impossible? 

Let's Go Brandon!!!

Russia isn't taking over anything. They produce little other than natural resources. Their GDP is around 3% of the west's. They are dying.

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #171 on: April 05, 2023, 08:36:14 am »
@Kamaji

I don't believe that argument is going to fly.  Section 4 is for subjects evading prosecution by making themselves unavailable to prosecutors which is something Trump has never done.  There is no action that Trump has taken that can be construed as avoidance of trial commencement.  Trump not only maintained New York residency for almost three years after the alleged offense took place, but he also maintained property and businesses there, revisiting the State on numerous occasions.

I believe that the prosecutor is instead targeting § 30.10 (3)(b)

The prosecutor was careful to select for an offense date one that occurred (barely) within Trump's term of office.

No, actually, it isn’t.  Read the case law, which is very clear that the motive for the absence is irrelevant.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #172 on: April 05, 2023, 03:51:15 pm »
Mark Levin:  "We the American people need to stand behind this guy. There's not another Republican that I can think of who can fight back and fight back this way...I like others, I really do...But at this time, at this moment...He's the guy." - @marklevinshow. (Video)

https://mobile.twitter.com/alexbruesewitz/status/1643457005632233474

Full Levin segment:  (Video)

https://rumble.com/embed/v2doknq/?pub=4

« Last Edit: April 05, 2023, 03:57:59 pm by Right_in_Virginia »

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #173 on: April 05, 2023, 03:57:27 pm »
Mark Levin:  :We the American people need to stand behind this guy. There's not another Republican that I can think of who can fight back and fight back this way...I like others, I really do...But at this time, at this moment...He's the guy." - @marklevinshow. (Video)

Hell with that.  I used to have a lot more respect for Levin, until he felt he was the annointed one to tell us how to vote and support this non-conservative.

RIV....   Show me some proof that Trump will start embracing some fiscal responsibility and you can change my mind.   Spouting out  ridiculous Freedom Cities and Jetson Cars just shows he is going in the opposite direction.  AND out liberal-ing the liberal Biden.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #174 on: April 05, 2023, 04:11:25 pm »

RIV....   Show me some proof that Trump will start embracing some fiscal responsibility and you can change my mind. 

I luv ya @catfish1957 ... and ask in friendship that you leave me the hell out of this specious, nonsensical argument.  I have made both my
opinions and the reasons for them as clear as I can. 

It's enough.

Thanks.