Author Topic: LIVE THREAD...Trump Surrenders  (Read 11343 times)

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Re: LIVE THREAD...Trump Surrenders
« Reply #225 on: April 09, 2023, 06:05:40 pm »
@sneakypete

1.  Click the "Profile" button at the top of every page.
2.  Hover over the "Modify Profile" button  A list of options will pop up.
3.  Hover over "Buddies/Ignore List" and click "Edit Ignore List."
4.  Type the desired screen name. 
5.  Click "Add."'

Done!

@Cyber Liberty

Thank you!
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline LMAO

« Reply #226 on: April 09, 2023, 06:06:35 pm »
@GtHawk

When a storm destroys your roof and you need a new roof,what do you  care about,the personality of the roofer,or your roof not leaking the next time it rains?

I would want to make sure that the contractor I hired is somebody that is honest and people trust with good references

And, I have had people repair my roof and I don’t stiff them like guess who? has a history of doing  wink777
« Last Edit: April 09, 2023, 06:22:24 pm by LMAO »
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Online roamer_1

« Reply #227 on: April 09, 2023, 06:07:58 pm »
@GtHawk

When a storm destroys your roof and you need a new roof,what do you  care about,the personality of the roofer,or your roof not leaking the next time it rains?

BOTH. Or rather, the integrity of the roofer and a good job done.

BOTH are equally important.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #228 on: April 09, 2023, 06:21:52 pm »
BOTH. Or rather, the integrity of the roofer and a good job done.

BOTH are equally important.

@LMAO  @roamer_1

Have you ever known someone who was dishonest that did an honest job?
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline LMAO

« Reply #229 on: April 09, 2023, 06:23:20 pm »
@LMAO  @roamer_1

No

I would never take my car to a mechanic that had a history of dishonesty
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

Online roamer_1

« Reply #230 on: April 09, 2023, 07:18:28 pm »
@LMAO  @roamer_1

@sneakypete

In a word, no. Honor among thieves only goes so far... and it turns out, unsurprisingly, that ain't far at all.

There is a reason why Conservatives count integrity... Character... very highly. I want above ALL, an honest man.

Online roamer_1

« Reply #231 on: April 09, 2023, 07:22:03 pm »
No

I would never take my car to a mechanic that had a history of dishonesty

That's right. Out here in the west a handshake is worth way more than a contract.

A man, any man, is only as good as his word. And any man that tries to keep his word knows how very hard it is to do. And in that it is the ultimate measure of the man... To the point that out here, where your word is still often a matter of life and death, it is the only measurement that counts.

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #232 on: April 09, 2023, 07:30:09 pm »
@GtHawk

Well, just talking about the hypothetical roofer now, if the person I am interviewing to hire comes across with the personality that tells me to be wary I will look for someone whose personality rings trustworthy with me. That's just me, and your hypothetical roofer. Also if I hired that hypothetical roofer once and found he had overly embellished his work I would be hesitant to rehire him....that hypothetical roofer we are talking about.

Offline MeshugeMikey

• the anti trump
« Reply #233 on: April 09, 2023, 07:31:51 pm »
@sneakypete

In a word, no. Honor among thieves only goes so far... and it turns out, unsurprisingly, that ain't far at all.

There is a reason why Conservatives count integrity... Character... very highly. I want above ALL, an honest man.

I aksed a good long time friend if the donny were a moral man....he said well no....

fould bitter contemptuous contemptable..and malignant yes MORAL  never,,,,,trump •••

end of conversation...

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #234 on: April 09, 2023, 07:34:51 pm »
That's right. Out here in the west a handshake is worth way more than a contract.

A man, any man, is only as good as his word. And any man that tries to keep his word knows how very hard it is to do. And in that it is the ultimate measure of the man... To the point that out here, where your word is still often a matter of life and death, it is the only measurement that counts.

Since the thread has already been hijacked...

Was thinking hard...trying to empathize or somewhat imagine the experience of the personalities of the typical Pioneer Settler who owned nothing but the wagon, its contents and the animal(s) pulling it.

They never experienced an Industrial Revolution, the railroads were merely a gleam in some dreamer's eye.

They never experience indoor plumbing, their lives were similar to "Alaska Survivor" sans the typical winters.

Without a doubt they would survive an EMP attack.  Average American today...not so much.

Tangent finished here...sorry!   :laugh:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Online roamer_1

« Reply #235 on: April 09, 2023, 07:34:54 pm »
I aksed a good long time friend if the donny were a moral man....he said well no....

fould bitter contemptuous contemptable..and malignant yes MORAL  never,,,,,trump •••

end of conversation...

In the end, that's right. Character first.
If he can't be trusted, he can't be trusted.  :shrug:

Online roamer_1

« Reply #236 on: April 09, 2023, 07:45:12 pm »

Was thinking hard...trying to empathize or somewhat imagine the experience of the personalities of the typical Pioneer Settler who owned nothing but the wagon, its contents and the animal(s) pulling it.

They never experienced an Industrial Revolution, the railroads were merely a gleam in some dreamer's eye.

They never experience indoor plumbing, their lives were similar to "Alaska Survivor" sans the typical winters.

Without a doubt they would survive an EMP attack.  Average American today...not so much.

It is still a whole lot that way @DCPatriot . That's why the west still remains distinctly libertarian - That rugged individualism is very much alive and well... Our dependencies are toward conveniences... like anywhere, but here, they are still merely conveniences. The further out from town you go, the less reliable they are... So they are not relied upon, and the old ways are still the ways that always work.

I have often been where the only conveniences were kerosene and propane. and when the propane runs out, you just go back to cooking on the wood stove, and clean out the refrigerator and stuff it all back in the root cellar.

Maybe that's why western conservatives think so differently than others. The real world ain't all that far off...

:beer:

Offline LMAO

« Reply #237 on: April 09, 2023, 07:48:25 pm »

That’s all true, but I do like my automobile, my outboard motor, my indoor heating and air conditioning, and flush toilets even if it puts me at a risk for EMP attack

Barry Goldwater

Online roamer_1

« Reply #238 on: April 09, 2023, 08:00:15 pm »
That’s all true, but I do like my automobile, my outboard motor, my indoor heating and air conditioning, and flush toilets even if it puts me at a risk for EMP attack

Me too... but I don't NEED them.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #239 on: April 10, 2023, 11:30:35 am »
I researched that and found that even if he is convicted, it does not preclude him from gaining the nomination or even become POTUS.

What the slimey dims are banking on, is that a conviction will sway enough swing voters not to vote for him.
The sentencing could also put a gag order on him,  preventing him from using social media during his jail time.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Online Hoodat

« Reply #240 on: April 12, 2023, 12:19:48 am »

Trump is a compassionate man.  The current White House occupant is completely devoid of compassion.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline MeshugeMikey

• the anti trump
« Reply #241 on: April 12, 2023, 01:05:37 am »
oh my word

my most sincere  condolances