Author Topic: Smash to smithereens': China threatens US with 'war no matter the cost' over Taiwan  (Read 3555 times)

Online libertybele

God help us with Joe in control!  Meanwhile we are sending billions over to the Ukraine and starting to drawing down our own munitions. Something tells me we won't be able to fight two wars at once. (I get that we aren't physically fighting in Ukraine, but we are deeply involved monetarily and have U.S. troops training in neighboring countries).

Smash to smithereens': China threatens US with 'war no matter the cost' over Taiwan

China's defense minister threatened all-out war while discussing Taiwan's independence during a meeting between top Chinese and American military officials. The threats were made on Friday during the first face-to-face meeting of U.S. Defense Secretary Lloyd Austin and Chinese Defense Minister General Wei Fenghe.

"If anyone dares to split Taiwan from China, the Chinese army will definitely not hesitate to start a war no matter the cost," warned China’s defense spokesman Wu Qian – who was quoting General Wei.

The saber-rattling continued as the Chinese defense minister declared that Beijing would "smash to smithereens" any effort to maintain Taiwan's independence. The ministry vowed that Taiwan would be made part of China for the "unification of the motherland."

During the 30-minute summit at the Shangri-La Dialogue in Singapore, General Wei "stressed that Taiwan is China's Taiwan... Using Taiwan to contain China will never prevail."

Qian said the meeting was a "good start" to resuming normal military dialogue, and both countries agreed to continue communicating.

Austin pointed out there has been a "steady increase in provocative and destabilizing military activity near Taiwan."

Austin called on China "to refrain from further destabilizing actions toward Taiwan."

"We remain focused on maintaining peace, stability and the status quo across the Taiwan Strait," Austin proclaimed. "But the PRC's moves threaten to undermine security, and stability, and prosperity in the Indo-Pacific."

Austin hinted at a parallel with the Russian invasion of Ukraine, stating that the indefensible assault on a peaceful neighbor has galvanized the world and ... has reminded us all of the dangers of undercutting an international order rooted in rules and respect.”..................

https://www.conservativereview.com/smash-to-smithereens-china-threatens-us-with-war-no-matter-the-cost-over-taiwan-2657495523.html
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
We'd better really ramp up our ability to make microprocessors.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher

We can't even keep baby formula on the shelves.....    :thud:
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online libertybele

Just think of all the goods that we import from China. Would a war over Taiwan also become in essence a trade war??

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online Kamaji

That's at least several years away.

Offline mountaineer

Just think of all the goods that we import from China. Would a war over Taiwan also become in essence a trade war??
The shower curtains, omigosh! How will we survive without cheap Chinese plastic items (among the many things we should have been making all along).
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online libertybele

The shower curtains, omigosh! How will we survive without cheap Chinese plastic items (among the many things we should have been making all along).

I get that. We need to get back to goods being made  in the USA. There is something to be said for isolationism. Part of that is being energy independent and Joe screwed that up royally.

Offline mountaineer

We'd all love to buy American, but good luck with that. There are very few made-in-USA products anymore.  That we don't make critical ones like computer chips and medical supplies is going to sink us.
 **nononono*

Online libertybele

We'd all love to buy American, but good luck with that. There are very few made-in-USA products anymore.  That we don't make critical ones like computer chips and medical supplies is going to sink us.
 **nononono*

I get that.  People lost the mindset that made in the U.S.A. is better.  Long gone are the days of "look for the Union label", and that will never be the case again as brick and mortar shops are pretty much non-existent for the most part.

Offline jafo2010

• Dems-greatest existential threat to USA republic!
The USA has already lost this war.  Yes, lost.

We have over 400,000 Chinese Nationals attending our universities,  and I would imagine a similar number blended into our society.  HOW MANY OF THEM WOULD IT TAKE TO SEIZE THIS NATION?  I believe 100% China has caches of weapons and everything they need to seize this nation in 48 hours, and Americans would be standing with their thumbs up their *ss, just like Pearl Harbor, only worse.

Time has come to phase out all trade with China and end involvement with them.  What Richard Nixon did was extremely ignorant in opening the door with China.  Time to reverse everything done.

Fact is, I have noticed more often than not when shopping for Made in USA, the item Made in USA is comparable in price and sometimes cheaper than the Chinese made product.  Time to end this nonsense.  But to make that happen, the traitor Wrecking Ball Joe whose allegiance is to China needs to be removed from office.  The sooner that happens, the better for the USA.

Offline mountaineer

China's Xi orders the introduction of a legal framework to deploy troops in "non-war military actions."

Online libertybele

The USA has already lost this war.  Yes, lost.

We have over 400,000 Chinese Nationals attending our universities,  and I would imagine a similar number blended into our society.  HOW MANY OF THEM WOULD IT TAKE TO SEIZE THIS NATION?  I believe 100% China has caches of weapons and everything they need to seize this nation in 48 hours, and Americans would be standing with their thumbs up their *ss, just like Pearl Harbor, only worse.

Time has come to phase out all trade with China and end involvement with them.  What Richard Nixon did was extremely ignorant in opening the door with China.  Time to reverse everything done.

Fact is, I have noticed more often than not when shopping for Made in USA, the item Made in USA is comparable in price and sometimes cheaper than the Chinese made product.  Time to end this nonsense.  But to make that happen, the traitor Wrecking Ball Joe whose allegiance is to China needs to be removed from office.  The sooner that happens, the better for the USA.

Exactly.  In the same light, with all the ILLEGALS coming into this country, how long will it be before 'they' decide to seize this nation??

Online DB

Just north of Phoenix Taiwan Semiconductor is building a huge fabrication plant 24/7. The facility sits on a 1 square mile site.

This is three months old:

Offline cato potatoe

Question is what the rest of the world does in this scenario.  China can't feed itself by selling rubber dog poop to North Korea.

Offline mountaineer

tweeted by Jack Posobiec

Offline bilo

The saber-rattling continued as the Chinese defense minister declared that Beijing would "smash to smithereens" any effort to maintain Taiwan's independence. The ministry vowed that Taiwan would be made part of China for the "unification of the motherland."

China is saber rattling because their economy is collapsing and nationalism is all they have left to keep people united.

Some things about China that we often forget. China imports 85% of it's energy needs. China does not have enough quality land to feed their population. China is aging faster than any other country in the world. The sex imbalance in China is so large their population will continue shrinking for at least another couple generations. China does not manufacturer the highest end chips, that is done in Taiwan.

In a head to head battle with the USA China will lose fairly quickly. We would cut off their supply lines and they would not only run out of fuel, but also food.

The best thing we could do for the Chinese people would be to cut off trade and let their system collapse.
A stranger in a hostile foreign land I used to call home

Online DB

China is saber rattling because their economy is collapsing and nationalism is all they have left to keep people united.

Some things about China that we often forget. China imports 85% of it's energy needs. China does not have enough quality land to feed their population. China is aging faster than any other country in the world. The sex imbalance in China is so large their population will continue shrinking for at least another couple generations. China does not manufacturer the highest end chips, that is done in Taiwan.

In a head to head battle with the USA China will lose fairly quickly. We would cut off their supply lines and they would not only run out of fuel, but also food.

The best thing we could do for the Chinese people would be to cut off trade and let their system collapse.

To the north China can get both energy and food. A good war would fix their sex imbalance. I wouldn't put it past China to solve its aging population problem with a good war too.

Offline bilo

To the north China can get both energy and food. A good war would fix their sex imbalance. I wouldn't put it past China to solve its aging population problem with a good war too.

What you're saying makes some sense. Russia will need new customers, but the pipelines to China need to be built and that will take time. The population problem won't be so easily resolved because when a generation or two underproduces it's harder to get the next generation to start to make up the difference.
A stranger in a hostile foreign land I used to call home

Offline jafo2010

• Dems-greatest existential threat to USA republic!
I believe if China wants to enslave the entire world, there isn't much in their way to stop them.  And with Wrecking Ball Joe as POTUS, he takes his orders from Xi.  Biden is the modern day representation for treason for me, far surpassing anything that Benedict Arnold ever represented.

I expect more of the same from Iran once they get nuclear weapons.  How long before they use them?  Believe me, the world will be turned upside down in the not too distant future.  And we have Biden as POTUS, a man dead from the neck up.  Ugggh!

Online DB

I believe if China wants to enslave the entire world, there isn't much in their way to stop them.  And with Wrecking Ball Joe as POTUS, he takes his orders from Xi.  Biden is the modern day representation for treason for me, far surpassing anything that Benedict Arnold ever represented.

I expect more of the same from Iran once they get nuclear weapons.  How long before they use them?  Believe me, the world will be turned upside down in the not too distant future.  And we have Biden as POTUS, a man dead from the neck up.  Ugggh!

China is about to implode.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Offline Right_in_Virginia

I'd like production of medical equipment and prescription drugs to be pulled from China and produced in the US again before the war starts.

I sure hope that's not asking too much.   :smokin:

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
The irony of that is that those cheap plastic items are, ultimately, made from oil. 
Biden shot that foot day one.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline mountaineer

Jack Posobiec 🇺🇸
@JackPosobiec
If Biden is sending Jake Sullivan to meet China it means Taiwan is done
1:27 AM · Jun 14, 2022

He quoted Chinese media:
Global Times
@globaltimesnews
China state-affiliated media
Yang-Sullivan meeting delivers a crucial message to Washington that it's an urgent task for the #US side to quickly, effectively and concretely adjust its wrong and extreme #China policy to avoid strategic miscalculation with #Taiwan in focus: experts
Update: Yang-Sullivan meeting draws bottom line for US; Washington urged to turn promises into actions, abandon Taiwan illusion
12:36 AM · Jun 14, 2022·

Online Kamaji

Jack Posobiec 🇺🇸
@JackPosobiec
If Biden is sending Jake Sullivan to meet China it means Taiwan is done
1:27 AM · Jun 14, 2022

He quoted Chinese media:

The "Taiwan illusion" - in other words, China is telegraphing its intentions to take Taiwan by force.