Author Topic: Smash to smithereens': China threatens US with 'war no matter the cost' over Taiwan  (Read 3554 times)

Online Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
They will take advantage of Joe's incompetentcy and our continuing involvement with Russia and Ukraine.

Yes, I think that will make them even more overconfident than they are now.
The Republic is lost.

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

Not to Australia.
You do understand that the Chinese use a 100 year plan, don't you?
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Online DB

You do understand that the Chinese use a 100 year plan, don't you?

To take Australia?

To take Australia?
To further their ambitions, including Australia.

You talk like China has no plans or future wherewithall.  You need to think long-term. 

Recall where China was when Nixon opened it up a scant 50 years ago, having a per capita GDP slightly more than $100.  A true 3rd world country with limited wealth. 

The US is heading downward with limited acumen of the future while China is heading upward with truly massive potential on the horizon.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2022, 08:44:33 pm by IsailedawayfromFR »
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Online DB

To further their ambitions, including Australia.

You talk like China has no plans or future wherewithall.  You need to think long-term. 

Recall where China was when Nixon opened it up a scant 50 years ago.  A true 3rd world country with limited wealth.

The US is heading downward with limited acumen of the future while China is heading upward with truly massive potential on the horizon.

China's per capita GDP is about 1/6th that of the US. China has peaked.

China's per capita GDP is about 1/6th that of the US. China has peaked.
IN 50 years its per capita GDP has grown 125 times.  Don't know how you can claim it won't grow further.

Online DB

IN 50 years its per capita GDP has grown 125 times.  Don't know how you can claim it won't grow further.

They started out in extreme poverty 50 years ago. There was nowhere to go but up. Slaves ultimately are not long term economic creators of things.

The majority of Chinese citizens are still dirt poor.

They started out in extreme poverty 50 years ago. There was nowhere to go but up. Slaves ultimately are not long term economic creators of things.

The majority of Chinese citizens are still dirt poor.
Of course there are many Chinese dirt poor still.

Those are the ones who will be in the military front lines to serve their Communist masters as they fulfill the destiny promulgated by those masters to expand.

The Chinese have massive amounts of humans and do not hesitate to dispose of them to suit their ends.

It is a fact that the Chinese overall have made the most prodigious advances in standards of living than anywhere else on earth over the past several decades
« Last Edit: June 16, 2022, 11:12:05 pm by IsailedawayfromFR »

Online DB

Of course there are many Chinese dirt poor still.

Those are the ones who will be in the military front lines to serve their Communist masters as they fulfill the destiny promulgated by those masters to expand.

The Chinese have massive amounts of humans and do not hesitate to dispose of them to suit their ends.

It is a fact that the Chinese overall have made the most prodigious advances in standards of living than anywhere else on earth over the past several decades

They have lots of cannon fodder but they have no means to move those people to Australia en masse. They'd all die on the way there. Hence the point of my original comment.

They have lots of cannon fodder but they have no means to move those people to Australia en masse. They'd all die on the way there. Hence the point of my original comment.
and to circle back, the Chinese are not a NOW entity.  What they do not possess now, they are patient enough to wait a long long time.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2022, 01:19:52 am by IsailedawayfromFR »

Offline Kamaji

Nonsense. Like any other military power that needed excess cargo capacity, they’d simply seize cargo vessels to use as transports, and right now, there is an embarrassment of riches in that regard in and around China.

Online DB

Nonsense. Like any other military power that needed excess cargo capacity, they’d simply seize cargo vessels to use as transports, and right now, there is an embarrassment of riches in that regard in and around China.

Really?

You really think if we were at war with China they can just use cargo vessels to move their army to Australia to invade with?

They'd be obliterated on the open seas.

Offline bilo

There are a lot of things that point to the opposite. They are aging faster than any other country in the world and it's going to get worse. Also, contrary to popular opinion globalization is in decline. Populism is on the rise and countries are beginning to look at how they can move their supply chains home, or closer to home. Chna is hurt by de-globalization. They import 85% of their energy and are big importer of food. 
A stranger in a hostile foreign land I used to call home

Offline bilo

How do they get these transports to Taiwan, or Australia? They will be sunk on the way.

Offline bilo

Really?

You really think if we were at war with China they can just use cargo vessels to move their army to Australia to invade with?

They'd be obliterated on the open seas.

To deal with China all we have to do is stop doing business with them. They know it. Today they made a comment to the effect that the USA should not seek rare minerals from other sources or it could lead to war. IOW, we are already looking to change our supply chains and sources. If they don't have our trade they start going backwards.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
We'd better really ramp up our ability to make microprocessors.

@Smokin Joe

And who is going to manufacture automatic transmissions and other car parts for what we still laughingly call "American cars and trucks"?
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
The saber-rattling continued as the Chinese defense minister declared that Beijing would "smash to smithereens" any effort to maintain Taiwan's independence. The ministry vowed that Taiwan would be made part of China for the "unification of the motherland."

The best thing we could do for the Chinese people would be to cut off trade and let their system collapse.

@bilo

I disagree. The sad,sad truth is that in all the history of China,the Chinese have NEVER been free. It has been nothing but one brutal dictator after another.

They would be lost without someone telling them what to do and what to think.

Yes,I DO know there are exceptions,but they are VERY rare. Mostly because every Chinese government/dictator that has ever lived would have them murdered the instant they stuck their heads up enough to get noticed.

Ho Chi doan play dat.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
bilo:
"The USA would help and China really doesn't have a deep water navy capable of confronting us."

China doesn't NEED "a deep water navy capable of confronting us".
All they'll need is the missile technology to TAKE OUT our deep water navy -- will save them time and money.

And I wouldn't be surprised if they're well along the way of having such technology right now..

@Fishrrman

I agree. Within hours of declaring war,every ship both nations have will be smouldering hunks floating around full of dead sailors.

The Navies of today exist to intimidate 3rd world nations.

And I  have serious doubts the "boomers" are as silent as advertised. I have very little doubt that the Neo-Soviets know where most are 24/7,just like we undoubtedly know where theirs are.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits

@DB @IsailedawayfromFR

It won't grow any further because the entire western world is headed towards bankruptcy. This is how the globalist/communists in big biz and goobermint plan on taking over the world without any personal physical risk to themselves and their families.

They won't step out from behind the curtains until the smoke blows away.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
@Smokin Joe

And who is going to manufacture automatic transmissions and other car parts for what we still laughingly call "American cars and trucks"?
Mexico. (Besides, they can put all those healthy young men marching through to work).
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

There are a lot of things that point to the opposite. They are aging faster than any other country in the world and it's going to get worse. Also, contrary to popular opinion globalization is in decline. Populism is on the rise and countries are beginning to look at how they can move their supply chains home, or closer to home. Chna is hurt by de-globalization. They import 85% of their energy and are big importer of food.
One could say the same that Germany was in decline and heading further that way in 1932.

Your timeline is skewed to the present!, not over  longer strategic time period.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Mexico. (Besides, they can put all those healthy young men marching through to work).

@Smokin Joe

Not a chance. Having good jobs and a steady income would keep Mexicans from coming here and voting illegally.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
@Smokin Joe

Not a chance. Having good jobs and a steady income would keep Mexicans from coming here and voting illegally.
Last time I bought a pair of brake drums, I was offered a choice: Chinese or Mexican  :shrug:
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Last time I bought a pair of brake drums, I was offered a choice: Chinese or Mexican  :shrug:

@Smokin Joe

That should have been an easy choice to make.  Mexico isn't out to enslave the world.