Author Topic: Smash to smithereens': China threatens US with 'war no matter the cost' over Taiwan  (Read 3558 times)

Offline bilo

China is about to implode.

You're right, economically they are in big trouble. The real estate market is collapsing and the shut downs have closed large manufacturing and shipping. Food shortages are right around the corner.
A stranger in a hostile foreign land I used to call home

Offline bilo

The irony of that is that those cheap plastic items are, ultimately, made from oil. 
Biden shot that foot day one.

I've been surprised to learn that a lot of fertilizer is made from oil. We not only have a looming food shortage because of Russia's invasion of Ukraine, but now our farmers are under undue pressure because we have a fertilizer shortage and we may not produce as much grain as we normally would.

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
I've been surprised to learn that a lot of fertilizer is made from oil. We not only have a looming food shortage because of Russia's invasion of Ukraine, but now our farmers are under undue pressure because we have a fertilizer shortage and we may not produce as much grain as we normally would.
Still better than the Orange Meeenie.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline bilo

Still better than the Orange Meeenie.

Man, I tell you every time someone mentions how bad things are getting I keep saying all we can do is hope the "81" million that voted for Biden open their eyes.

The damage being done is going to take a very long time to turn around.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
bilo postulates:
"The damage being done is going to take a very long time to turn around"

That's why we need Mr. Trump again in 2024.
And then, Ron DeSantis in 2028 and 2032...

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

To the north China can get both energy and food. A good war would fix their sex imbalance. I wouldn't put it past China to solve its aging population problem with a good war too.
I'd wager they are looking south, not north.

Have seen the news in Australia lately?  The economy is collapsing while they remain locked down..

Few people, abundant in minerals, almost void of military as it believes that being an island protects them, they are within China's sphere of influence and are ripe for exploitation.

No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline bilo

I'd wager they are looking south, not north.

Have seen the news in Australia lately?  The economy is collapsing while they remain locked down..

Few people, abundant in minerals, almost void of military as it believes that being an island protects them, they are within China's sphere of influence and are ripe for exploitation.

As tempting as Australia might seem China won't move on them. The USA would help and China really doesn't have a deep water navy capable of confronting us. The path of least resistance would be to the north, but that has problems as well. The pipeline infrastructure isn't there yet to handle the volume they need and Russia's rail system isn't that expansive either. China has a serious problems not only with energy, but also with food production.

Offline bilo

bilo postulates:
"The damage being done is going to take a very long time to turn around"

That's why we need Mr. Trump again in 2024.
And then, Ron DeSantis in 2028 and 2032...

I think Trump will run and win big, but he did just turn 76 and 2 years is a long way away. His health may change.

Offline Fishrrman

bilo:
"The USA would help and China really doesn't have a deep water navy capable of confronting us."

China doesn't NEED "a deep water navy capable of confronting us".
All they'll need is the missile technology to TAKE OUT our deep water navy -- will save them time and money.

And I wouldn't be surprised if they're well along the way of having such technology right now..

Online DB

bilo:
"The USA would help and China really doesn't have a deep water navy capable of confronting us."

China doesn't NEED "a deep water navy capable of confronting us".
All they'll need is the missile technology to TAKE OUT our deep water navy -- will save them time and money.

And I wouldn't be surprised if they're well along the way of having such technology right now..

China has to put boots on the ground. It has no means to do so.

Offline DefiantMassRINO

Offshore most of our critical supply chain(s) to a Communist country.  What could possibly go wrong?
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

Then why is Taiwan on alert?
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline Kamaji

They have plenty of means to do so.

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher

Add that the Taiwan Strait is just a tad over 100 miles wide, and Taiwan itself is 6500 miles from U.S., and at least a couple of 1000 miles away from any military response?

They got time and distance on their side.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline DefiantMassRINO

Who says the Chi-com boots aren't already on the ground in Taiwan?  Communists infiltrate and subvert.  A Chi-com takeover of Taiwan may be an inside job.
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
Communists infiltrate and subvert.  A Chi-com takeover of Taiwan may be an inside job.

Kind of like here......
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Fishrrman

RINO snorts:
"Who says the Chi-com boots aren't already on the ground in Taiwan?  Communists infiltrate and subvert.  A Chi-com takeover of Taiwan may be an inside job."

A very perceptive observation.

I recall reading someone's claim that there are a number of Taiwanese who are sympathetic towards the mainland. Maybe 1/5, maybe a little more.

Taiwan also does a significant amount of business with the mainland NOW. Where are a lot of those sophisticated silicon chips going, anyway?

Online DB

I was talking about invading Australia. They have no means to move troops in large numbers there without losing their transport/soldiers in the process.

Online DB

Not to Australia.

Online Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
China is about to implode.

I think that's true, but at the same time I don't think that will stop them from lashing out in the short term to try and shore up their economy by putting it on a war footing.
The Republic is lost.

Offline bilo

Because China can be as stupid as Biden.

China flies into Taiwan's airspace on a regular basis and they do have missiles capable of hitting Taiwan. Sending troops on ships over 100+ miles of open water is a different story.

Offline bilo

Add that the Taiwan Strait is just a tad over 100 miles wide, and Taiwan itself is 6500 miles from U.S., and at least a couple of 1000 miles away from any military response?

They got time and distance on their side.

No they don't. We have deep water assets near enough and Taiwan has been organizing and upgrading their defenses for a long time. China talking about the military taking Taiwan is more about keeping their people loyal to their regime than reality. If China takes Taiwan it will be done internally.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2022, 04:01:47 pm by bilo »

Offline bilo

I was talking about invading Australia. They have no means to move troops in large numbers there without losing their transport/soldiers in the process.

I think the same would apply to trying to move troops to Taiwan. China has transports, but the open ocean would be their undoing.

Online Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
Because China can be as stupid as Biden.

And cocky as hell.

That's the problem with China right now, what they can do, should do, might do, may not reflect what they will do.

They are a wild card, and a collapsing economy just exacerbates that.

The Republic is lost.

Online libertybele

And cocky as hell.

That's the problem with China right now, what they can do, should do, might do, may not reflect what they will do.

They are a wild card, and a collapsing economy just exacerbates that.

They will take advantage of Joe's incompetentcy and our continuing involvement with Russia and Ukraine.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.