Author Topic: Sen. Ted Cruz stumps in Iowa, fueling talk of 2024 White House bid  (Read 1891 times)

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Re: Sen. Ted Cruz stumps in Iowa, fueling talk of 2024 White House bid
« Reply #75 on: September 01, 2021, 09:49:58 pm »

Trump?  Will he decide to run again and the bigger question, is, will his health hold out? 

@libertybele POTUS45 has made his decision and he is running for reelection.  He wants to maximize campaign finance limiits for 2022 and 2024; so his official announcement will be in 20222, not now.

I hope everyone's health holds out.

Offline catfish1957

• If you are a democrat.... You are my enemy. We will never forget May 30, 2024. FJB
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #76 on: September 01, 2021, 10:23:53 pm »
I don't see Cruz as "principled" when his wife was on Goldman Saks board, which gave him "million's in campaign funds and it was NOT LISTED.  Then he is, for NWO.  I don't know who wrote that, at this writing, but all of that is FICTION. 

Ask, Ben Carson, how principled he thinks Ted Cruz...is.  lol  SMH

You've stooped to MSNBC talking points.  I rarely put people on ignore.  Congrats, you've earned it.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2021, 11:02:11 pm by catfish1957 »
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #77 on: September 01, 2021, 11:00:26 pm »
@libertybele POTUS45 has made his decision and he is running for reelection.  He wants to maximize campaign finance limiits for 2022 and 2024; so his official announcement will be in 20222, not now.

I hope everyone's health holds out.

@Right_in_Virginia  I did not know that Trump had made that decision.  Good to know.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #78 on: September 01, 2021, 11:01:27 pm »
You've stooped to MSNBC talking points.  I rarely put people of ignore.  Congrats, you've earned it.

My sentiments exactly.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #79 on: September 01, 2021, 11:25:14 pm »
@Right_in_Virginia  I did not know that Trump had made that decision.  Good to know.

Yes....but he can't say it on camera.   happy77

Offline Idiot

« Reply #80 on: September 02, 2021, 02:10:57 am »
Totally disagree. Esp, with that last paragraph, by Sam.   TRUMP SUPPORTERS ARE NOT DESTROYING AMERICA...TOTALLY BACKWARDS .  Ted Cruz is part of NWO.  Why don't people know?
*****rollingeyes*****

Offline LegalAmerican

« Reply #81 on: September 02, 2021, 02:19:59 am »
*****rollingeyes*****

North American union.  I think I remembered that correctly.  His wife was on the board too.  NOW MY TURN.
*****rollingeyes*****. *****rollingeyes***** *****rollingeyes*****

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #82 on: September 02, 2021, 05:40:20 am »

You're not sticking that MAGAPILL up my azz @LegalAmerican

@corbe

What if he does it,and doesn't charge you extra?
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline art.prout

« Reply #83 on: September 02, 2021, 01:43:57 pm »
There is no Constitutional requirement that POTUS be born on US soil. 

Sir.  (As I assume that a Sam Houston moniker is from a male patriot.)

Jus soli (right of the soil) is merely one detail of this saga.

Please allow me to bring to your attention, the key and specific issue.

I am sure that your will have no conflict with the words of our founders regarding eligibility for the Presidency of the United States (as evidenced in COTUS), that being the distinction of a Natural Born citizen of these United States of America, in opposition to the alternative, which can only be, due to the rigor and restraint of profound logic, a Naturalized citizen of the United States of America.

Mr. Theodore Cruz, properly annotated as Senator Cruz (whom I respect and cherish as a Senator from my great State of Texas, for all that he does each and almost every day in his chosen and elected role), can never be viewed as a Natural Born citizen of these United States of America, sadly.

I can provide a great deal of case law (and I will, as I am sure that you will demand it!), that clearly describes the differences between aNatural Born citizen of these United States of America, and a Naturalized citizen of the United States of America.  In short, a Naturalized citizen of the United States of America is a Citizen by Statute.  That is, the person's citizenship exists only and solely due to the existence of statute, of man-made law.  Contrast that to Natural Born citizenship.  That which exists without the presence of all laws (or statutes). 

Our glorious Senator Cruz, is only a citizen of the United States because of statutory law.  Without the existence of such law, he would no longer be a citizen of the Untied States of America.  (I can come back later and cite all of the relevant case law (e.g., Immigration Act of 195n which creates the naturalization process that covers Mr. Cruz), and the Supreme Court decisions that clearly illustrate the stark distinctions between Naturalized citizenship and Natural Born citizenship (though I suspect that you have already digested them!)).

Simply put, if the existence of one's citizenship requires and is based upon statutory law, then it is, by definition, not Natural Born citizenship.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #84 on: September 02, 2021, 02:03:02 pm »
Sir.  (As I assume that a Sam Houston moniker is from a male patriot.)

Jus soli (right of the soil) is merely one detail of this saga.

Please allow me to bring to your attention, the key and specific issue.

I am sure that your will have no conflict with the words of our founders regarding eligibility for the Presidency of the United States (as evidenced in COTUS), that being the distinction of a Natural Born citizen of these United States of America, in opposition to the alternative, which can only be, due to the rigor and restraint of profound logic, a Naturalized citizen of the United States of America.

Mr. Theodore Cruz, properly annotated as Senator Cruz (whom I respect and cherish as a Senator from my great State of Texas, for all that he does each and almost every day in his chosen and elected role), can never be viewed as a Natural Born citizen of these United States of America, sadly.

I can provide a great deal of case law (and I will, as I am sure that you will demand it!), that clearly describes the differences between aNatural Born citizen of these United States of America, and a Naturalized citizen of the United States of America.  In short, a Naturalized citizen of the United States of America is a Citizen by Statute.  That is, the person's citizenship exists only and solely due to the existence of statute, of man-made law.  Contrast that to Natural Born citizenship.  That which exists without the presence of all laws (or statutes). 

Our glorious Senator Cruz, is only a citizen of the United States because of statutory law.  Without the existence of such law, he would no longer be a citizen of the Untied States of America.  (I can come back later and cite all of the relevant case law (e.g., Immigration Act of 195n which creates the naturalization process that covers Mr. Cruz), and the Supreme Court decisions that clearly illustrate the stark distinctions between Naturalized citizenship and Natural Born citizenship (though I suspect that you have already digested them!)).

Simply put, if the existence of one's citizenship requires and is based upon statutory law, then it is, by definition, not Natural Born citizenship.

+1
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline art.prout

« Reply #85 on: September 02, 2021, 02:03:49 pm »
Oh, and Mr. Sam Houston,

Read up on Rogers v. Bellei, 401 U.S. 815 (1971) before responding.

https://supreme.justia.com/cases/federal/us/401/815/

Rogers v. Bellei, 401 U.S. 815 (1971)

Rogers v. Bellei

No. 24

Argued January 15, 1970

Reargued November 12, 1970

Decided April 5, 1971

401 U.S. 815

Syllabus

Appellee challenges the constitutionality of § 301(b) of the Immigration and Nationality Act of 1952, which provides that one who acquires United States citizenship by virtue of having been born abroad to parents, one of whom is an American citizen, who has met certain residence requirements, shall lose his citizenship unless he resides in this country continuously for five years between the ages of 14 and 28. The three-judge District Court held the section unconstitutional, citing Afroyim v. Rusk, 387 U. S. 253, and Schneider v. Rusk, 377 U. S. 163.

Held: Congress has the power to impose the condition subsequent of residence in this country on appellee, who does not come within the Fourteenth Amendment's definition of citizens as those "born or naturalized in the United States," and its imposition is not unreasonable, arbitrary, or unlawful. Afroyim v. Rusk, supra, and Schneider v. Rusk, supra, distinguished. Pp. 401 U. S. 820-836.

296 F. Supp. 1247, reversed.

BLACKMUN, J., delivered the opinion of the Court, in which BURGER, C.J., and HARLAN, STEWART, and WHITE, JJ., joined. BLACK, J., filed a dissenting opinion, in which DOUGLAS and MARSHALL, JJ., joined, post, p. 401 U. S. 836. BRENNAN, J., filed a dissenting opinion, in which DOUGLAS, J., joined, post, p. 401 U. S. 845.

Page 401 U. S. 816

Offline Polly Ticks

« Reply #86 on: September 02, 2021, 02:09:39 pm »
Oh, and Mr. Sam Houston,

@art.prout
FYI, you can "ping" a member you are addressing directly by using an "@" before their name.
@SamHouston

Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too. -Yogi Berra

Offline art.prout

« Reply #87 on: September 02, 2021, 02:11:44 pm »
@art.prout
FYI, you can "ping" a member you are addressing directly by using an "@" before their name.
@SamHouston

Thank you, Ma'am.  @Polly Ticks @HoustonSam

(What a neat trick!)

Offline Polly Ticks

« Reply #88 on: September 02, 2021, 02:19:03 pm »
Thank you, Ma'am.  @Polly Ticks @HoustonSam

(What a neat trick!)

You're welcome @art.prout , and welcome to TBR, by the way.

Also, it's a good thing you learned that neat trick since I pinged the wrong guy.  (Sorry about that to both Messrs. Houstons!)
Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too. -Yogi Berra

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #89 on: September 02, 2021, 02:55:10 pm »
“God grant me the courage not to give up what I think is right even though I think it is hopeless.”

Chester Nimitz of Fredericksburg, Texas, who signed the documents formalizing Japan’s surrender on 9/2/1945

I would like to take this occasion to point out the fact the we now have a sitting vice president of the united states who does not even come close to being constitutionally qualified for that office.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2021, 03:09:25 pm by Bigun »

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Killer Clouds

« Reply #90 on: September 02, 2021, 04:05:47 pm »
“God grant me the courage not to give up what I think is right even though I think it is hopeless.”

Chester Nimitz of Fredericksburg, Texas, who signed the documents formalizing Japan’s surrender on 9/2/1945

I would like to take this occasion to point out the fact the we now have a sitting vice president of the united states who does not even come close to being constitutionally qualified for that office.
@Bigun Why is she not constitutionally not qualified for that office? I don't understand. I do understand she is lying garbage but that doesn't disqualify the laughing ho.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2021, 04:08:15 pm by Killer Clouds »

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #91 on: September 02, 2021, 04:11:34 pm »
@Bigun Why is she not constitutionally not qualified for that office? I don't understand. I do understand she is lying garbage but that doesn't disqualify the laughing ho.

Article II, United States Constitution:

No Person except a natural born Citizen, or a Citizen of the United States, at the time of the Adoption of this Constitution, shall be eligible to the Office of President...

SCOTUS has never applied the term "natural born citizen" to any other category than “those born in the country of parents who are citizens thereof”

The Venus, 12 U.S. 8 Cranch 253 253 (1814)

The natives or indigenes are those born in the country of parents who are citizens.

Minor v. Happersett , 88 U.S. 162 (1875)

At common law, with the nomenclature of which the framers of the Constitution were familiar, it was never doubted that all children born in a country of parents who were its citizens became themselves, upon their birth, citizens also. These were natives or natural-born citizens,

United States v. Wong Kim Ark, 169 U.S. 649 (1898)

(A)ll children, born in a country of parents who were its citizens, became themselves, upon their birth, citizens also. These were natives, or natural-born citizens, as distinguished from aliens or foreigners.

Neither of her parents was a U. S. citizen at the time of her birth @Killer Clouds
« Last Edit: September 02, 2021, 04:21:00 pm by Bigun »

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Killer Clouds

« Reply #92 on: September 02, 2021, 04:49:12 pm »
Article II, United States Constitution:

SCOTUS has never applied the term "natural born citizen" to any other category than “those born in the country of parents who are citizens thereof”

The Venus, 12 U.S. 8 Cranch 253 253 (1814)

The natives or indigenes are those born in the country of parents who are citizens.

Minor v. Happersett , 88 U.S. 162 (1875)

At common law, with the nomenclature of which the framers of the Constitution were familiar, it was never doubted that all children born in a country of parents who were its citizens became themselves, upon their birth, citizens also. These were natives or natural-born citizens,

United States v. Wong Kim Ark, 169 U.S. 649 (1898)

(A)ll children, born in a country of parents who were its citizens, became themselves, upon their birth, citizens also. These were natives, or natural-born citizens, as distinguished from aliens or foreigners.

Neither of her parents was a U. S. citizen at the time of her birth @Killer Clouds
I didn't know that about her parents. Where was she born? If she was born in the US wouldn't she be natural born?
She was born in Oakland, Kalifornia so that would make her a natural born citizen.
This is definitely one of those cases that should be decided on by SCOTUS. There have been many arguments about illegal alien ls coming into the US and having a baby. The baby is then said to be a natural born citizen. The argument is that neither parent is a citizen so the child can't be a natural born citizen. I personally agree with the argument that the child is not natural born citizen in that case.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2021, 04:58:10 pm by Killer Clouds »

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #93 on: September 02, 2021, 04:53:31 pm »
I didn't know that about her parents. Where was she born? If she was born in the US wouldn't she be natural born?

No!  She was born in the united states to parents who were here on student visas and that definitely does not make her a citizen much less one that has citizenship without the aid of any statutory language ever constructed. 
« Last Edit: September 02, 2021, 04:59:23 pm by Bigun »

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #94 on: September 02, 2021, 04:56:03 pm »

Yes.

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #95 on: September 02, 2021, 05:02:45 pm »
Yes.

Kindly cite the constitutional basics for that answer @Kamaji 

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Killer Clouds

« Reply #96 on: September 02, 2021, 05:03:16 pm »
No!  She was born in the united states to parents who were here on student visas and that definitely does not make her a citizen much less one that has citizenship without the aid of any statutory language ever constructed.
Unfortunately she is considered to be a citizen be she was born in the US and her parents were here legally. I would agree with you that she is not a natural-born citizen because neither parent was a citizen at the time of her birth.

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #97 on: September 02, 2021, 05:05:46 pm »
Unfortunately she is considered to be a citizen be she was born in the US and her parents were here legally. I would agree with you that she is not a natural-born citizen because neither parent was a citizen at the time of her birth.

Even if that were true (it isn't) she STILL does not qualify to serve as vice president of the united states.

She IS a citizen because she was naturalized many years after her birth.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2021, 05:07:30 pm by Bigun »

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline HoustonSam

• "That'll be the day......"
  • old times there are not forgotten
« Reply #98 on: September 02, 2021, 11:06:43 pm »
Oh, and Mr. Sam Houston,

Read up on Rogers v. Bellei, 401 U.S. 815 (1971) before responding.

https://supreme.justia.com/cases/federal/us/401/815/

Rogers v. Bellei, 401 U.S. 815 (1971)

Rogers v. Bellei

No. 24

Argued January 15, 1970

Reargued November 12, 1970

Decided April 5, 1971

401 U.S. 815

Syllabus

Appellee challenges the constitutionality of § 301(b) of the Immigration and Nationality Act of 1952, which provides that one who acquires United States citizenship by virtue of having been born abroad to parents, one of whom is an American citizen, who has met certain residence requirements, shall lose his citizenship unless he resides in this country continuously for five years between the ages of 14 and 28. The three-judge District Court held the section unconstitutional, citing Afroyim v. Rusk, 387 U. S. 253, and Schneider v. Rusk, 377 U. S. 163.

Held: Congress has the power to impose the condition subsequent of residence in this country on appellee, who does not come within the Fourteenth Amendment's definition of citizens as those "born or naturalized in the United States," and its imposition is not unreasonable, arbitrary, or unlawful. Afroyim v. Rusk, supra, and Schneider v. Rusk, supra, distinguished. Pp. 401 U. S. 820-836.

296 F. Supp. 1247, reversed.

BLACKMUN, J., delivered the opinion of the Court, in which BURGER, C.J., and HARLAN, STEWART, and WHITE, JJ., joined. BLACK, J., filed a dissenting opinion, in which DOUGLAS and MARSHALL, JJ., joined, post, p. 401 U. S. 836. BRENNAN, J., filed a dissenting opinion, in which DOUGLAS, J., joined, post, p. 401 U. S. 845.

Page 401 U. S. 816

Thanks @art.prout.  You will find a friend and strong ally on this topic here in my friend @Bigun, and a different opinion but also a friend in me.

The issue in Rogers v. Bellei was not whether Bellei was a Natural Born Citizen, but whether Congress could impose a requirement on him because he was born outside the US.  SCOTUS did not say that Bellei was not a Natural Born Citizen, it said that the 14th Amendment did not apply to him.  Bellei was a US citizen by virtue of his birth which is the only possible ontological understanding of "Natural Born Citizen" and obviously the only basis on which the US Congress could make any assertion about his citizenship since he was not naturalized.

You've stated the essence of your position above : "Simply put, if the existence of one's citizenship requires and is based upon statutory law, then it is, by definition, not Natural Born citizenship."  Please cite the definition of "Natural Born citizenship" to which you refer, and the source of authority for that definition.  Who says that Natural Born citizenship cannot be based on statutory law?  Where can I find the dictionary that defines "Natural", "Born", and "Citizenship" in such a way that "Natural Born Citizenship" means immune to the application of statutory law?  None of the three words "Natural", "Born" or "Citizenship" imply anything about their conjunction being outside the authority of statutory law, so I really need to know which dictionary you are consulting when you say "by definition." 

And if your thesis is correct, of what possible relevance can any court citation be?  The only thing the judiciary can do is deliver opinions about statutes; if statutes are not relevant to Natural Born citizenship then no court cite can possibly illuminate this question.  Your thesis is an inference, not the law, and it's a circular inference rebutted by the very nature of the evidence you provide.  One can only be a citizen of a political entity, a political entity operates by virtue of statutory law, so citizenship cannot exist apart from statutory law, and you reinforce that fact by citing judicial opinions, which have as their object statutory law.

Why limit your position to statutory law?  Can Natural Born citizenship require or be based on Constitutional law?  Is there some distinct character of Natural Born citizenship that is amenable to Constitutional interpretation but immune from statutory interpretation?  Please clarify what that distinct character is.  Both Constitution and statute derive their authority from the consent of the governed.  Why should the consent of the governed have authority over concepts of citizenship when exercised through one law but not through another, when the latter is merely a particular expression of the former?

I'm sure you are not swayed by my challenges to your basic reasoning; perhaps the understanding of the Founders themselves would be more persuasive.  bigun has argued that the Founders would have accepted the definitions in Vattel's Law of Nations and he has cited good evidence that they had great respect for Vattel's work.  I consider it far more likely they would have taken legal definitions from the actual law, not from scholarly works; the existing legal definition for the Founders would have been the British Nationality Act of 1730 (http://www.uniset.ca/naty/BNA1730.htm) from which I quote :

"May it please your most Excellent Majesty that it may be declared and enacted, and be it declared and enacted by the King's most Excellent Majesty, by and with the Advice and Consent of the Lords Spiritual and Temporal, and the Commons, in this present Parliament assembled, and by the Authority of the same, That all Children born out of the Ligeance of the Crown of England, or of Great Britain, or which shall hereafter be born out of such Ligeance, whose Fathers were or shall be natural-born Subjects of the Crown of England, or of Great Britain, at the Time of the Birth of such Children respectively, shall and may, by virtue of the said recited Act, be adjudged and taken to be, and all such Children are hereby declared to be natural-born Subjects of the Crown of Great Britain, to all Intents, Constructions and Purposes whatsoever. "

Born "out of Ligeance of the Crown of England" means born outside English territory.  This clearly establishes what we now call jus sanguinis citizenship as natural born, and would have been the Founders' understanding of "natural born".  While Vattel's definition might be narrower, limited to jus soli, I argue that the Founders would have used *prior statutory terms* rather than scholarly ones.  As Originalists we are obligated to perpetuate the Founders' understanding absent an amendment.

So why should I find my own inference more compelling than yours, and more compelling than similar cites bigun has provided?  Because I cite an actual law that the Founders would have recognized and understood, a hard, written, unambiguous legal statement that specifically clarifies who is a "Natural Born Citizen", not a conclusion drawn from other peripheral issues which rely on similar terms and concepts but do not directly address that question.  If the Founders intended "Natural Born Citizen" to mean something other than what it meant in the law in which they had been educated and that I directly quote above, why didn't they say so in the Constitution?

Here's the bottom line - neither Constitution nor statute says that POTUS must be born on US soil.  The contrary assertion - "Natural Born means born on US soil" - is based on derivative definitions and conclusions, not on the actual words of the actual law, and it flatly contradicts the actual words of the actual law the Founders studied and understood.   We Conservatives tend to frown on these penumbras and emanations of eisegesis when they are built by activist left-wing judges; I think we should steer well clear of them ourselves.
James 1:20

Offline Killer Clouds

« Reply #99 on: September 02, 2021, 11:33:37 pm »
Even if that were true (it isn't) she STILL does not qualify to serve as vice president of the united states.

She IS a citizen because she was naturalized many years after her birth.

If she is a naturalized citizen you're correct. She doesn't qualify. The qualifications for VP are the same as for president. Since she was born in Oakland, Kalifornia she has birthright citizenship which makes her a natural-born citizen. She is not a naturalized citizen. Unfortunately she is qualified to be VP and POTUS if anything happens to Traitor Joe.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2021, 11:47:58 pm by Killer Clouds »