Author Topic: Sen. Ted Cruz stumps in Iowa, fueling talk of 2024 White House bid  (Read 2152 times)

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Re: Sen. Ted Cruz stumps in Iowa, fueling talk of 2024 White House bid
« Reply #50 on: September 01, 2021, 02:37:13 pm »
@catfish1957

I personally think,with absolutely zero hard evidence to back me up,that he is perfectly happy being a US Senator for the rest of his life,if he can swing it.

He MIGHT be flattered enough to take a SC Justice seat if offered,but I'm not even sure about that. I think he would be happy to just retire and live in Texas full-time.

Once again,I have absolutely zero evidence any of this is factual. It is just what I think from having observed him over the years.

It is my own personal opinion that a seat on SCOTUS is where Ted Cruz could do more for us than anywhere else.

And BTW: I do not like the fact that SCOTUS has the power over us that it does and will assure you that not one single man among the founding generation ever intended that such a thing would come to pass.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #51 on: September 01, 2021, 02:47:25 pm »
Senator Cruz may well be a "principled, articulate, uncompromising Conservative" but this does not automatically translate into a good fit for the Oval Office.

Politics, especially Presidential politics, takes a unique combination of an iron will and the capacity to connect with the American people --- across a whole host of issues.  This is especially needed in a candidate from a minority branch in a minority political party.  I see neither in Ted Cruz.

I am unaware of any legislation with Sen. Cruz's name on it passed during his eight years in the Senate.  I am unaware of the Senator throwing his name in the ring for a leadership position in the Senate during these eight years.  I am unaware of any personal experience he brings from the job creating, global economic wing of the private sector.

Where is the fire, creativity, courage and accomplishments that transfer to the Presidency? 

I've not hidden that Cruz is too didactic for my tastes---too out of touch with us "averages".  And I maintain removing the requirement that our POTUS be born on US soil is a paradigm shift too far; especially with the ascendancy of a global order.

Ted Cruz is, however, a scholar of the US Constitution; and herein lies his gift.  It is my opinion that both Cruz and the nation is best served with Cruz claiming his seat on the USSC.   Heaven knows the court could use him.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #52 on: September 01, 2021, 02:48:02 pm »
It is my own personal opinion that a seat on SCOTUS is where Ted Cruz could do more for us than anywhere else.

And BTW: I do not like the fact that SCOTUS has the power over us that it does and will assure you that not one single man among the founding generation ever intended that such a thing would come to pass.

@Bigun

I can't argue with that,but that is a decision for Cruz to make,not us.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

« Reply #53 on: September 01, 2021, 02:53:34 pm »
@Right_in_Virginia

I think we share a friend. Strikingly handsome fellow all the girls lust after?

That's the one @sneakypete  88devil

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #54 on: September 01, 2021, 02:55:22 pm »
Senator Cruz may well be a "principled, articulate, uncompromising Conservative" but this does not automatically translate into a good fit for the Oval Office.

Politics, especially Presidential politics, takes a unique combination of an iron will and the capacity to connect with the American people --- across a whole host of issues.  This is especially needed in a candidate from a minority branch in a minority political party.  I see neither in Ted Cruz.

I am unaware of any legislation with Sen. Cruz's name on it passed during his eight years in the Senate.  I am unaware of the Senator throwing his name in the ring for a leadership position in the Senate during these eight years.  I am unaware of any personal experience he brings from the job creating, global economic wing of the private sector.

Where is the fire, creativity, courage and accomplishments that transfer to the Presidency? 

I've not hidden that Cruz is too didactic for my tastes---too out of touch with us "averages".  And I maintain removing the requirement that our POTUS be born on US soil is a paradigm shift too far; especially with the ascendancy of a global order.

Ted Cruz is, however, a scholar of the US Constitution; and herein lies his gift.  It is my opinion that both Cruz and the nation is best served with Cruz claiming his seat on the USSC.   Heaven knows the court could use him.

You seem to ignore the fact that his republican "friends" in the senate hate him just as much as they do Trump which just MIGHT have something to do with what he has been allowed to do in as a member of that body. 

I concur with you regarding his taking a seat on SCOTUS. Preferably the one currently occupied by John Roberts after he is impeached!

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

« Reply #55 on: September 01, 2021, 03:07:37 pm »
You seem to ignore the fact that his republican "friends" in the senate hate him just as much as they do Trump which just MIGHT have something to do with what he has been allowed to do in as a member of that body. 

I repeat:  Where's Cruz's fire, energy, creativity, sheer guts?  Falling back on "they don't like me" isn't a good enough reason for zero accomplishmenta --- especially after 8 yeara.

I concur with you regarding his taking a seat on SCOTUS. Preferably the one currently occupied by John Roberts after he is impeached!

888high58888

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #56 on: September 01, 2021, 03:11:59 pm »
I repeat:  Where's Cruz's fire, energy, creativity, sheer guts?  Falling back on "they don't like me" isn't a good enough reason for zero accomplishmenta --- especially after 8 yeara.

It is apparent that your anti-Cruz bias has blinded you to what most others have plainly seen i.e. Ted Cruz repeated displays of great courage in the senate.  But that's OK. You are entitled to do that if you wish.

- J. R. R. Tolkien

« Reply #57 on: September 01, 2021, 03:14:11 pm »
It is apparent that your anti-Cruz bias has blinded you to what most others have plainly seen i.e. Ted Cruz repeated displays of great courage in the senate.  But that's OK. You are entitled to do that if you wish.

He does give damn good speeches.

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #58 on: September 01, 2021, 03:52:47 pm »
One former senator as president per century is one too many!

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online corbe

« Reply #59 on: September 01, 2021, 03:55:16 pm »
   Hey AT'ers your NC is showing

No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #60 on: September 01, 2021, 04:26:47 pm »
One of the strongest arguments I've heard for Trump is that those of us who dislike him personally should distinguish that personal sense from our assessment of what is best for the country.  I've thought about that carefully, and I decided that was a valid and persuasive argument, and it's one of the reasons I voted for Trump in 2020.  Regardless of my low opinion of Trump as a man, I thought the country would be better off with him staying in the Oval Office than with Biden moving into it, and events have proven that assessment correct.

Does only Trump get to benefit from that separation of personality and effectiveness?  Is he the only person for whom we should set aside our personal dislike, and support him because he's best for the country?  I don't see anything in your short post @DefiantMassRINO that calls out a single reason to oppose Cruz on policy or even political issues.  All I see is a personal attack based on distortions of traits and events that are not themselves even blame-worthy - his ethnicity, where he was born, where he was educated, and where he sent his family on a vacation.

Do you seriously suggest that these are valid reasons to oppose a principled, articulate, uncompromising Conservative?  Because if they are, I've got a much longer list of personal dislikes I can use to oppose a dumb-ass narcissist lunatic whose toxic, self-centered leadership style basically destroyed the people closest to him.

Even the meme you've posted distorts what has actually taken place.  Cruz has not supported Trump, he has supported policies he believes are best for the country and his belief in legitimate, credible elections.  Cruz has done the very thing Trump's supporters have insisted we all do - set aside what we think of Trump personally and do what is best for the country.  And Cruz is attacked even for that.

I continue to be impressed at how Trump's most energetic and loyal supporters immediately align completely with democrats to destroy an uncompromising, principled Conservative.

THIS!  pointing-up

How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #61 on: September 01, 2021, 04:29:00 pm »
Cruz is a great senator from our state.  He's just not electable as President...no way.  His personality just tends to grate on people.
But....but...he doesn't send mean tweets!

(Actually, neither does Trump, now.)
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline HoustonSam

• "That'll be the day......"
  • old times there are not forgotten
« Reply #62 on: September 01, 2021, 07:20:00 pm »

Cruz's personality and approach, even the cadence of his speaking, do turn people off; that's simply a fact.  Just like it's a fact that Trump's personality, approach, and cadence of speaking turn people off.  But Trump still won the presidency and Cruz might not be able to.  Cruz really does not connect with as large a segment of the American people as Trump has.

But after Cruz told the farmers of Iowa that he opposed ethanol subsidies during the 2016 caucus (and turned the entire R establishment in Iowa against him as a result but then still won the caucus); after he stared down the entire 2016 R national convention in his speech; after he stood for election integrity in Congress before, during, and after the demonstration on 6 January; while Trump consistently ducks and deflects accountability and appeals to the gallery via social media, the suggestion that Trump has "iron will" while Cruz lacks it is simply absurd.

Why are there no amendments or passed congressional acts with Cruz's name on them?  Why is he not in a Senate leadership position?  Simply read one line up in your own post @Right_in_Virginia - he represents a minority branch of a minority party.  Cruz actually does the thing you credit Trump for - he stands his ground, consequences be damned.  That's not a recipe for popularity among the establishment.

Where is Cruz's record for creating jobs?  The same place as Trump's record for defending conservative legal values in front of the SCOTUS.  Each man has done the things that can be done in his chosen career.  It's entirely valid to favor a private sector candidate over a government sector candidate, but it's intellectually dishonest to expect one to demonstrate accomplishments only achievable within the other's career.

There is no Constitutional requirement that POTUS be born on US soil.  You can continue pretending that's a valid argument against Cruz but it's nothing more than a convenient rationalization that people see through.  If it were a real issue I'm sure such a crack manager and omniscient genius as Trump would have taken it to court during the 2016 primaries, but of course he did not.

I'm not arguing here that Cruz is the best choice for president or that he could win;  I'm arguing that most of the criticisms of Cruz I see are obviously manufactured excuses that don't withstand a few moments of careful thought.  In fact Cruz's best service to the country might be on SCOTUS, and I wish he would indicate that he recognizes that possibility.  He might be blinded by his ambition.
James 1:20

Online catfish1957

• The Conservative Rapscallion of the Carp Kingdom
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #63 on: September 01, 2021, 08:01:28 pm »
You know....  If you scream the "Lyin Ted" meme enough times, you'll get the lazy half of people to believe you..... eventually.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline LegalAmerican

« Reply #64 on: September 01, 2021, 08:37:14 pm »

I don't see Cruz as "principled" when his wife was on Goldman Saks board, which gave him "million's in campaign funds and it was NOT LISTED.  Then he is, for NWO.  I don't know who wrote that, at this writing, but all of that is FICTION. 

Ask, Ben Carson, how principled he thinks Ted Cruz...is.  lol  SMH

Offline DB

« Reply #65 on: September 01, 2021, 08:39:52 pm »
I don't see Cruz as "principled" when his wife was on Goldman Saks board, which gave him "million's in campaign funds and it was NOT LISTED.  Then he is, for NWO.  I don't know who wrote that, at this writing, but all of that is FICTION. 

Ask, Ben Carson, how principled he thinks Ted Cruz...is.  lol  SMH

:dumpster:

Offline LegalAmerican

« Reply #66 on: September 01, 2021, 08:43:18 pm »
Cruz's personality and approach, even the cadence of his speaking, do turn people off; that's simply a fact.  Just like it's a fact that Trump's personality, approach, and cadence of speaking turn people off.  But Trump still won the presidency and Cruz might not be able to.  Cruz really does not connect with as large a segment of the American people as Trump has.

But after Cruz told the farmers of Iowa that he opposed ethanol subsidies during the 2016 caucus (and turned the entire R establishment in Iowa against him as a result but then still won the caucus); after he stared down the entire 2016 R national convention in his speech; after he stood for election integrity in Congress before, during, and after the demonstration on 6 January; while Trump consistently ducks and deflects accountability and appeals to the gallery via social media, the suggestion that Trump has "iron will" while Cruz lacks it is simply absurd.

Why are there no amendments or passed congressional acts with Cruz's name on them?  Why is he not in a Senate leadership position?  Simply read one line up in your own post @Right_in_Virginia - he represents a minority branch of a minority party.  Cruz actually does the thing you credit Trump for - he stands his ground, consequences be damned.  That's not a recipe for popularity among the establishment.

Where is Cruz's record for creating jobs?  The same place as Trump's record for defending conservative legal values in front of the SCOTUS.  Each man has done the things that can be done in his chosen career.  It's entirely valid to favor a private sector candidate over a government sector candidate, but it's intellectually dishonest to expect one to demonstrate accomplishments only achievable within the other's career.

There is no Constitutional requirement that POTUS be born on US soil.  You can continue pretending that's a valid argument against Cruz but it's nothing more than a convenient rationalization that people see through.  If it were a real issue I'm sure such a crack manager and omniscient genius as Trump would have taken it to court during the 2016 primaries, but of course he did not.

I'm not arguing here that Cruz is the best choice for president or that he could win;  I'm arguing that most of the criticisms of Cruz I see are obviously manufactured excuses that don't withstand a few moments of careful thought.  In fact Cruz's best service to the country might be on SCOTUS, and I wish he would indicate that he recognizes that possibility.  He might be blinded by his ambition.

Ted Cruz, BORN IN CANADA.  He had dual citizenship.  He did give up, Canada, when he ran, but does not change, WHERE HE WAS BORN.  Not on US  SOIL.  POTUS TRUMP...BORN ON AMERICAN SOIL AND AMERICAN PRESIDENT.  I have zero issue with POTUS TRUMPS PERSONALITY.  lol. Most women, love him.  That is an issue for envious men.  ONLY...envious men. lol  I look at results.  WWW.MAGAPILL.COM
Why as an ATTORNEY, in congress, is he not removing all INVALID PEOPLE...biden, kamala....
As an attorney, I expect him to sue, all those anti-american.  He isn't.  He is part of the establishment. Playing his part.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2021, 08:50:25 pm by LegalAmerican »

Online libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
« Reply #67 on: September 01, 2021, 08:49:08 pm »
You know....  If you scream the "Lyin Ted" meme enough times, you'll get the lazy half of people to believe you..... eventually.

I see the same ole crap is still being slung about one of the few remaining conservatives left in Congress.  Isn't that just wonderful! *****rollingeyes*****

Ted usually does well in IA.  As far as I know he hasn't announced he's even running in 2024.

Personally, I'd like to see Trump and Cruz run together.  I've said many times; they'd make an unbeatable team and certainly the duo would make liberal heads spin!
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Online corbe

« Reply #68 on: September 01, 2021, 08:49:36 pm »

You're not sticking that MAGAPILL up my azz @LegalAmerican
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Online libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
« Reply #69 on: September 01, 2021, 08:50:11 pm »

You're not sticking that MAGAPILL up my azz @LegalAmerican

888high58888
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline LegalAmerican

« Reply #70 on: September 01, 2021, 08:52:07 pm »

:thumbsup:

Online corbe

« Reply #71 on: September 01, 2021, 08:56:44 pm »
   Cruz or DeSantis would never run on a Trump ticket.  Trump ruined most everyone he touched, including his scumbag lawyers.

Offline LegalAmerican

« Reply #72 on: September 01, 2021, 08:56:47 pm »
THIS!  pointing-up

Totally disagree. Esp, with that last paragraph, by Sam.   TRUMP SUPPORTERS ARE NOT DESTROYING AMERICA...TOTALLY BACKWARDS .  Ted Cruz is part of NWO.  Why don't people know? 

Online libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
« Reply #73 on: September 01, 2021, 09:05:46 pm »

His other incredible gift is that he has an audiographic memory so, it is difficult to b.s. him.

Well looking around at who we currently have that is a conservative is slim pickings. Yes, he'd make one heck of a Supreme Court justice, though he's already said he's not interested.

IMO, Cruz will help launch the GOP nominee but I don't think he'll run.

DeSantis.  Maybe.  Pompeo.  Maybe.  Noem and Haley have been tossed in here because of a few issues.

Trump?  Will he decide to run again and the bigger question, is, will his health hold out? 

IMO not a lot to choose from. 

We need a task force of people from the GOP to clean up the ballot box and restore election integrity.  So far, that's just not happening.

Online corbe

« Reply #74 on: September 01, 2021, 09:13:00 pm »
    EXAMPLE #1:

Tea Party Darling in 2012/13 hitched his star to the Trump wagon and less than 10 years later, his very name is verbotten.

This fly was trying to tell you Trumpers something back then, but as usual, you didn't listen.