Author Topic: Why Hasn’t Trump Folded?  (Read 19199 times)

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
Re: Why Hasn’t Trump Folded?
« Reply #100 on: January 16, 2019, 10:30:52 pm »
Personally...I'm glad he hasn't folded.  This is one of those boogeyman issues the Dems have used in the past to scare people into running away form the GOP and Trump isn't playing their game.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

« Reply #101 on: January 16, 2019, 10:34:47 pm »
I was a medic in the Army.
I know the signs.
Seriously, I'm not joking or insulting you. Just go into a talking group.
You need to reach out.
I don't buy it.  Your bed side manner sucks Freud. 
I'm in a talking group right now, and I find a great deal of confirmation from a GOP/Conservative forum.  If you were really sincere you would private message me and use persuasive language instead of derogatory language.  Maybe include a link or crisis phone number.  I'm not a doctor but I do understand human behavior and how to empathize with people I am concerned for.  You clearly lack those talents.

Try again, and make it funny or entertaining if you're unable to stay on topic and feel you must make your post about me.  Good luck! 888high58888     

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
« Reply #102 on: January 16, 2019, 10:37:22 pm »
I don't buy it.  Your bed side manner sucks Freud......

You've never dealt with an Army doctor?  Get shot- take an ibuprofen. Break your leg- take an ibuprofen.  Your eye fell out- take an ibuprofen. Feeling depressed- take an ibuprofen. Is that a ten foot pole sticking through your leg? Take an ibuprofen.

:)

« Reply #103 on: January 16, 2019, 10:37:46 pm »
They'll take him off the street and into a psych detention facility, for as long as his Insurance holds out.

Then kick him Back out onto the street with a head full of even more tangled wiring and a prescription for the newest most expensive psych drugs he Won't be able to pay for, which might full well blow his No Physical Violence circuit breakers.

@240B I found someone who might be more receptive to your help.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #104 on: January 16, 2019, 10:38:26 pm »
You've never dealt with an Army doctor?  Get shot- take an ibuprofen. Break your leg- take an ibuprofen.  Your eye fell out- take an ibuprofen. Feeling depressed- take an ibuprofen. Is that a ten foot pole sticking through your leg? Take an ibuprofen.

Don't forget the 24 hours of quarters and 3 day no running profile that accompanies all of that too.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Offline LegalAmerican

« Reply #105 on: January 16, 2019, 10:39:03 pm »
No one on TBR thinks Trump is perfect in any way--except for the anti-Trumpers who seem to think he's perfectly awful.

All I have ever said is president TRUMP is human.  He is NOT KENNEDY'S,  (Joe, Jack Robert, Teddy) who were whore's, Bill Clinton who is rapist & whore, and Obama who is gay, was a male whore for rich men to get his cocaine.  Oh, Ted Kennedy is a killer too, Clintons have their kill list as does Obama, but they have a problem with a regular human being? 

I love his accomplishment list, and no NT can refute that. They must think, he is god like?  I DON'T.  I do think, he is hard working, loves America and our country.  The NT's should kiss his feet for that, and does it all for SLANDER, LIES, 24/7 and NO PAY...for love of our country.  Amazing man. Amazing human being.  www.magapill.com

« Reply #106 on: January 16, 2019, 10:42:32 pm »
Of all the actors to portray JC I always liked Ted Neeley's interpretation of Christ.   Wouldn't you agree.
Absolutely.  A lot of people rave over Ian Gillian, but the soundtrack and the actors portrayals in the movie were incredibly moving.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2019, 10:48:54 pm by Once-Ler »

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #107 on: January 16, 2019, 10:47:01 pm »
Absolutely.  A lot of people rave over Ian Gillian, but the soundtrack and the actors portrays in the movie were incredibly moving.

Amen!  I had it on 8-Trak.  Had a matchbook stuck under the tape to keep it on its track in the car.  Great voices.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #108 on: January 16, 2019, 10:49:36 pm »

All I have ever said is president TRUMP is human.

No you didn't. 

Online LegalAmerican

View Profile  Personal Message (Online)

« Reply #81 on: Today at 04:07:04 PM »

He is totally wholesome, that way. Not many can claim that on here, except for myself.

And to boot you compare yourself to Trump.  Couldn't hit send without that little bit of egotism huh?

He is certainly not wholsome.  Unless you think dodging STD's while sleeping around on the Upper West Side in the 60's is somehow a positive thing.

They must think, he is god like?  I DON'T.

You worship Trump on these pages like he's the second coming.  Your own words on the pages of TBR bear this out.

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
« Reply #109 on: January 16, 2019, 10:50:06 pm »
Then you clearly didn't read the post I was responding to.  That TBR member thinks Trump is perfect and can do no wrong and has said so in numerous previous posts.  It's not the mythical "anti-Trumpers" saying he's perfect...it's the blind followers of Trump that are saying that as witnessed by posts on this forum by certain members...one of which I quoted.

I know that they never really go to the extreme of saying he is 'perfect' but I've never seen a President before who had constant articles about how he is fulfilling prophecy. And not satire either. And people ask why there is such push back?  It is like the political version of Newton's third law- for every action there is an equal and opposite reaction. 

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #110 on: January 16, 2019, 10:51:37 pm »
I know that they never really go to the extreme of saying he is 'perfect' but I've never seen a President before who had constant articles about how he is fulfilling prophecy. And not satire either. And people ask why there is such push back?  It is like the political version of Newton's third law- for every action there is an equal and opposite reaction.

Exactly!  :beer:

Offline the_doc

« Reply #111 on: January 16, 2019, 11:48:59 pm »

He is certainly not wholsome.  Unless you think dodging STD's while sleeping around on the Upper West Side in the 60's is somehow a positive thing.

You worship Trump on these pages like he's the second coming.  Your own words on the pages of TBR bear this out.

To her credit, @LegalAmerican qualified her pronouncement concerning the extent of Trump's wholesomeness.  I think you could have given her at least that much credit.  But you seem to be spoiling for a fight with her, instead. 

Anyway, I am more critical of Trump than LegalAmerican is.  Heck, I happen to regard him as pretty much a jerk.  (He's getting better, but he has a long way to go before I will pronounce him to be a really lovely guy, a really fine gentleman.) 

However, under the weird circumstances we're in as a nation, I feel it's my duty to quit bringing up his past promiscuity or even his present crassness.  Having briefly but clearly stipulated that I think Trump is a kind of jerk, I will immediately point out that he's our jerk.  More to the point, he's our POTUS, and he's clearly on our side for life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness.  This makes him extraordinarily rare as a national-level politician over the past several decades.

Besides, I think President Trump is a much stronger patriot than a lot of TBR's members are.  In fact, a fair number of TBR members are just snotty posers--i.e., a lot of our guys and gals are sadly thoughtless, nasty jerks.  [Surely you have noticed.]

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #112 on: January 17, 2019, 12:04:58 am »
@240B I found someone who might be more receptive to your help.
I agree.
@Once-Ler
It really is a pleasure to banter with you. You are a character, but you are fun.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

« Reply #113 on: January 17, 2019, 12:17:04 am »
I agree.
@Once-Ler
It really is a pleasure to banter with you. You are a character, but you are fun.

Start with that next time...then go in to your concerns for my mental health.

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #114 on: January 17, 2019, 12:22:22 am »
Anyone who does not Believe that President Trump is God on Earth is a fool.
More than that, they are a Foolish Fool!
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline LegalAmerican

« Reply #115 on: January 17, 2019, 12:25:41 am »
Besides, I think President Trump is a much stronger patriot than a lot of TBR's members are.  In fact, a fair number of TBR members are just snotty posers--i.e., a lot of our guys and gals are sadly thoughtless, nasty jerks.  [Surely you have noticed.]
= THE DOC

LOL... Yes I agree. A lot of jerks.  President TRUMP is not as bad, as Kennedy's, Bill Clinton, Or Gay Obama.  People now 'KNOW" his every move? I doubt it.  Or bring up baloney form 13 years ago?  SURE...everybody knows what he did privately. He was also, single for a while. Three times. Marla Maples cheated on HIM.  HUMANS!  What are ya going to do with them?   lol

Virtue signaling by the jerks, while THEY are being ....jerks.  Go figure.  I like his accomplishments.  People have been brain washed by media and they jump right on board as it was planned.  Vilify a person enough, and he will be hated, even if lies are told, over and over again about him.  So, many low I.Q. people, that believe everything media tells them to believe? 

Do they HATE all the Kennedy's, Clintons, Obama, other presidents, (Eisenhower?) just as much?  Same behavior's.  This hate started in May, 2015 and the haters believed every lie from then on.  They HAVE to hate.  SMH

Sorry...

Offline bilo

« Reply #116 on: January 17, 2019, 01:21:37 am »
Back to the topic at hand....

The question shouldn't be 'why hasn't he folded', it should be 'why hasn't he used the tools at his disposal to accomplish what he needs to'.

We don't need negotiations, we need a project manager who evaluates the tools and resources at his disposal and uses those in the best way to achieve his goals.

For example, as many have pointed out over and over, he can declare an emergency and use the military and the corps of engineers to, in the very least, start work in high risk areas. Declaring a state of emergency isn't as big of a deal as some make it out to be- hell, Obama did it over a flu outbreak.

As for the money, I bet most didn't know that the President has over $100 Billion in Presidential Discretionary Funds for ongoing operations of departments under him. https://www.thebalance.com/current-us-discretionary-federal-budget-and-spending-3306308

A good project manager can look at the funds he has access to, and I bet would be able to shift around enough to get what he needs where he needs it.

That's just one of several ways he can accomplish this. He may not get exactly what he wants the way he wants it, but it would get the ball rolling and actually get something done.

So let's go back to 'Why'. Is he not aware of this? Does he not want to go this route (which is another Why). Maybe we should ask 'why' he is playing the politics game instead of using the tools and resources at his disposal.

The answer to your question is the courts are as politically biased as everything else today. If Trump declares an emergency today by tomorrow there will be an injunction and waiting for this issue to go to the SCOTUS may take years with no guarantee that the "robed autocrats" will rule correctly.

I still believe the best path forward is to declare a national emergency at the State of the Union address while also declaring the govt. will continue to be partially closed until the funding is approved by Congress. Fight this fight on as many fronts as you can, there is no cause to be reasonable until the Rats approve funding.
A stranger in a hostile foreign land I used to call home

Offline bilo

« Reply #117 on: January 17, 2019, 01:24:44 am »

Maybe that's why are guys kick ass any time they are let loose. :patriot:
A stranger in a hostile foreign land I used to call home

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #118 on: January 17, 2019, 01:25:04 am »
Is this the thread about Jesus Christ Super Star?  Frank LLord write composer... and arckiteckt

Offline EdJames

• Certified Trump Realist
« Reply #119 on: January 17, 2019, 01:35:44 am »
Is this the thread about Jesus Christ Super Star?  Frank LLord write composer... and arckiteckt

I think that was Andrew Lloyd Webber, the arckiteckt's brother.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #120 on: January 17, 2019, 01:38:45 am »
Do they HATE all the Kennedy's, Clintons, Obama, other presidents, (Eisenhower?) just as much?  Same behavior's.  This hate started in May, 2015 and the haters believed every lie from then on.  They HAVE to hate.  SMH

Bullcrap. I don't hate anybody... Well, maybe the ex, but I am working on that.

Offline the_doc

« Reply #121 on: January 17, 2019, 01:50:05 am »
@HoustonSam
@Sanguine
He's smart enough to realize that, unlike shooting someone on Fifth Avenue, backtracking on The Wall *will* cost him his base.

I would recommend that we replace the word will with would.  Backtracking on The Wall ain't going to happen.

For that matter, I actually doubt that our POTUS gives much thought to the prospect of losing his base--because he has no plans to lose the fight over the wall, much less lose his base. 

It seems to me that Trump is an optimist who is determined to capitalize on every possible scenario.  Heck, he almost certainly believes that his own stubborn determination to build the wall--no matter what--will actually build up his base.   

Online Wingnut

« Reply #122 on: January 17, 2019, 01:53:27 am »
I think that was Andrew Lloyd Webber, the arckiteckt's brother.

Yeah.  That was the dude.   Andy L Webber.   The guy was a great Grill maker and a decent composer too.

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #123 on: January 17, 2019, 02:03:34 am »
Yeah.  That was the dude.   Andy L Webber.   The guy was a great Grill maker and a decent composer too.

He we have one of his gas grills......
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline EdJames

• Certified Trump Realist
« Reply #124 on: January 17, 2019, 02:07:13 am »

Andy's grills are alright but you need to stay away from the low-end models.  If you want to grill inside you need to see the guy George Fourman.