Author Topic: Why Hasn’t Trump Folded?  (Read 19199 times)

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
Re: Why Hasn’t Trump Folded?
« Reply #150 on: January 18, 2019, 03:03:03 am »

Suicide is painless!

Karen Ann Quinlan's famous last words.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #151 on: January 18, 2019, 03:34:26 am »
Yes, it does.  Tylenol - no, it's pretty much worthless except for causing liver damage.

Ibuprofen is an anti-inflamatory drug.  Tylenol is not.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #152 on: January 18, 2019, 03:36:25 am »
Ibuprofen is an anti-inflamatory drug.  Tylenol is not.

I had to switch to Tylenol.  Ibuprofen was bad for my kidneys.  Very bad.  Tylenol works on pain but you have to take a heavier does than recommended.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #153 on: January 18, 2019, 03:42:30 am »
I stick with aspirin and coffee.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Night Hides Not

« Reply #154 on: January 18, 2019, 03:46:41 am »
I swear by Jägermeister...it's cured every ailment I've ever had.
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

1 John 3:18: Let us love not in word or speech, but in truth and action.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #155 on: January 18, 2019, 04:16:18 am »
I had to switch to Tylenol.  Ibuprofen was bad for my kidneys.  Very bad.  Tylenol works on pain but you have to take a heavier does than recommended.

I like Tylenol OK, as long as they mix it with some Hydrocodone.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #156 on: January 18, 2019, 04:18:03 am »
I like Tylenol OK, as long as they mix it with some Hydrocodone.

I strongly recommend hydromorphone instead.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #157 on: January 18, 2019, 04:26:47 am »
I strongly recommend hydromorphone instead.

I had to look that up!   888high58888

Do they still sell that stuff?
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #158 on: January 18, 2019, 04:40:15 am »
See the source image
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Online 240B

• TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #159 on: January 18, 2019, 04:51:18 am »
I do not believe in Santa Hauls
I so not believe in the Easter Bunny.

But goddamit If this Ruth Bater Bitch is not a demon from hell. Then I don't know what is?

She is dead, and good for that.
She will be buried right beside John McCain.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Online mountaineer

« Reply #160 on: January 18, 2019, 11:42:54 am »
Try turmeric milk. And often, high doses of C work on inflammatory pain...
I'm taking turmeric and fish oil, but need to remember the Vit. C.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #161 on: January 18, 2019, 11:50:24 am »
I am an equal opportunity offender.  I hate being censored by the establishment who tilt toward the NT crowd.

@The Ghost

You just put your finger on why they are NT's. They ARE the RINO "establishment",and Trump is  upsetting their apple carts. They don't need to think because they are Party Pod People that would prefer another Bush or maybe a Mittens,and proud of it!

Someone rocking the boat is the last thing they want.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #162 on: January 18, 2019, 11:54:03 am »
What does that Trumpspeak even mean?   :shrug:

@Once-Ler

Don't worry your pointy little head about it. Stick to stuff like "water iz wet" and "fire iz hot" and you will be happier.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline To-Whose-Benefit?

• Wulf Anson Author
« Reply #163 on: January 18, 2019, 12:31:53 pm »
@Once-Ler

Don't worry your pointy little head about it. Stick to stuff like "water iz wet" and "fire iz hot" and you will be happier.

Hehehe.

And don't forget to install all of your MS pop up 'updates'.
My 'Viking Hunter' High Adventure Alternate History Series is FREE, ALL 3 volumes, at most ebook retailers including Ibooks, Barnes and Noble, Kobo, and more.

In Vol 2 the weapons come out in a winner take all war on two fronts.

Vol 3 opens with the rigged murder trial of the villain in a Viking Court under Viking law to set the stage for the hero's own murder trial.

http://wulfanson.blogspot.com

Offline aligncare

« Reply #164 on: January 18, 2019, 01:07:31 pm »
Since we’ve gone off the beam... Just some professional advice that for joint pain nothing beats clay ice packs. 20 minutes on, an hour off (shorter off time for acute pain). Use as often as need. Safe, effective on localized inflammation and pain reduction, and low cost. No need for opioids or NSAID for most musculoskeletal or musculospinal pain.

Pay the receptionist on your way out.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #165 on: January 18, 2019, 01:40:36 pm »

I take fish oil, vitamin D and Aloe Vera.  They help with inflammation and pain. I tried turmeric, but seemed to be allergic, I'll have to try it again.

At night a cup of organic Peppermint, Ginger and Chamomile tea helps.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #166 on: January 18, 2019, 01:43:20 pm »
I swear by Jägermeister...it's cured every ailment I've ever had.

For me, it's Wild Turkey.   
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #167 on: January 18, 2019, 02:58:47 pm »

I am jacking BIG C... over 4k a day... very serious anti-inflammatory action going on... serious mucous reduction... In high doses is anti-fungal, anti-bacterial. anti-cancer.

Research and consult doctor and natural food sources... more than one kind... options.

But since my arthritic condition is mainly inflammatory, it works great for me.

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #168 on: January 18, 2019, 03:00:59 pm »
For me, it's Wild Turkey.

It shows.  :laugh:
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #169 on: January 18, 2019, 03:56:09 pm »
It shows.  :laugh:

Yep, but my advice is take nothing.  Try to exercise as much as you are physically able to.

Anything we take will have side effects.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Online mountaineer

« Reply #170 on: January 18, 2019, 04:40:50 pm »
Since we’ve gone off the beam... Just some professional advice that for joint pain nothing beats clay ice packs. 20 minutes on, an hour off (shorter off time for acute pain). Use as often as need. Safe, effective on localized inflammation and pain reduction, and low cost. No need for opioids or NSAID for most musculoskeletal or musculospinal pain.

Pay the receptionist on your way out.
You're right, AC, ice usually is the ticket. My husband the marathoner swears by it. Unfortunately, in my post-injection condition, I'm not allowed to use ice, just heat. Trying to get all those stem cells busy, or something.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online 240B

• TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #171 on: January 18, 2019, 06:43:23 pm »

Offline To-Whose-Benefit?

• Wulf Anson Author
« Reply #172 on: January 18, 2019, 07:11:41 pm »
"Why hasn't Trump Folded?"

Why would he when he has the enemy routed, and running in retreat?

As George Patton put it:

When you get the German up and running Shoot the SOB in the back.

If you don't, you're giving him time to regroup, turn around and dig back in, which will cost you 4 times as many of your own men killed and material destroyed, to Get him up and running again.
My 'Viking Hunter' High Adventure Alternate History Series is FREE, ALL 3 volumes, at most ebook retailers including Ibooks, Barnes and Noble, Kobo, and more.

In Vol 2 the weapons come out in a winner take all war on two fronts.

Vol 3 opens with the rigged murder trial of the villain in a Viking Court under Viking law to set the stage for the hero's own murder trial.

http://wulfanson.blogspot.com

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

« Reply #173 on: January 18, 2019, 07:29:01 pm »
"Why hasn't Trump Folded?"

Why would he when he has the enemy routed, and running in retreat?

I'll drink to that!   :beer:

Offline the_doc

« Reply #174 on: January 19, 2019, 12:31:11 am »
@Quix
@Sanguine
@mystery-ak
@HoustonSam
@Bigun
@Chosen Daughter
@LegalAmerican 
You know it takes a special kind of stupid to go on a conservative political forum and start questioning people's patriotism.

Especially when there are so many on here that have served and in my case are still serving in the uniform of the U.S. Military.

I have noticed that your zingers are typically based on "spinning" the statements of others to make them sound really bad.  On this very thread, in Post #108, for example, you lifted one of @LegalAmerican’s positive but properly narrow comments about Trump (in her post #81) out of context and spun that comment to mock her with pretty savage accusations of monumental idolatry. 

Now, in your post to me, you have pointedly insinuated that I am stupid--and you have tried to justify that nasty zinger by saying that I have stupidly "questioned" the patriotism of other conservatives.  Well, that zinger might make a few casual lurkers on this thread think that I must be a monster indeed, but your charge is bogus.

Those who go to the trouble of re-reading my post will quickly notice that I was being more thoughtful than you are willing to be.  What I said is that I believe our POTUS is actually a stronger patriot than a lot of TBR members.  I will not backtrack on that, nor will I soften my comment.  I will even double down by asserting that your knee-jerk charge against me is not careful enough to be honest (or, perhaps, not honest enough to be careful).

Let me elaborate on my counter-complaint:  I don't presuppose that you are stupid, much less call you stupid.  (I think I actually have somewhat more self-restraint than you have with your own “poison pen.”)    I prefer to assume that you are actually smart enough to realize that there are different degrees of patriotism.  However, it would appear that you aren’t honest enough to acknowledge that simple premise in our public forum.  (Sorry about my bluntness, but I am just to trying to be honest in expressing my concern that you aren’t a carefully honest debater.  Fair enough?) 

Ad hominem attacks, such as yours, are just designed to deflect criticism, even when it is well-deserved criticism (or, perhaps, especially when the criticism is well-deserved).  The funny thing is, I made a completely reasonable comment about patriotism, and you decided to come histrionically unglued.  Pardon me for believing that you are just trying to fool lurkers into thinking I am a really bad guy and you’re America’s finest patriot. 

Heck, Radioguy, it's patently obvious that there are different degrees of patriotism, and that is what I was talking about.   It’s also axiomatic that TBR’s members will range all over the spectrum of patriotism (even if most will surely be in the top half).   

Even America's population of military personnel displays considerable variability in this regard, and you certainly cannot use your active-duty military status to immunize yourself against public concerns about your bad-mouthing attitude toward your own Commander-in-Chief and toward anyone who does respect what our President is trying to do for America.

(As an interesting aside, I was planning to join the US Navy Reserve as a Lieutenant Commander until Obama became President.  I was convinced that he was an illegal Commander-in-Chief, and I did not want the UCMJ regs to stand in my way of complaining vigorously against the Usurper.  Now, I wonder why you think it’s not very unseemly or even legally dangerous to mouth off so much about President Trump.  It occurs to me that you may be committing court martial offenses that you have lightly, thoughtlessly dismissed, Patriot.

Just sayin.’  I am not a JAG officer bent on hassling you, and I don’t know the UCMJ precedents that might apply in a situation like yours;  besides, I would never turn you in anyway.  But I submit that you are being unseemly in the way you scoff at Trump and Trumpers.  This simply doesn’t add up right to my satisfaction—even if I believe you love America to some meaningful degree.  The military guys and gals whom I happen to know keep their traps carefully shut when they don’t like a POTUS or his policies.) 

Anyway, your claim that I am surely stupid (not to mention terribly hypocritical) in suggesting that some TBR members fall noticeably short of Trump’s patriotism is ridiculous.  Your vitriolic complaint against my completely reasonable observation is just smug, ad hominem trash.  You deliberately glossed over what I actually said to try to smear me.  (Hmmm….Where have we seen that stratagem before?  CNN?  MSNBC?  Mainstream reportage all over the country?)

Lurkers, please keep reading. 

Perhaps you should notice from all of this discussion that I am not trying to woo you to my position.  I have better things to do.  (I considered offering this serious but constructive criticism only in a PM to you, but I decided that a calm, public airing of the nastiness on this thread would be important for supporting my overall claim that the most zealous critics of Trump have gone off the beam of reasonableness--even if some pro-Trump guys and gals might have done so, too, on occasion.)

The truth is that our inarguably flawed POTUS is spectacularly patriotic in defense of America.  He is likely in the top 0.01 percentile of nationally prominent politicians in that specific regard—even if he is nowhere near that percentile ranking for moral character.   President Trump has been willing to step through a political minefield that could literally get him murdered.   

My point here is that Trump is not another example of politics-as-usual.  We are in a slash-and-burn war right now—90% of which is being waged out of sight, mainly by U.S. military intelligence at this time.  Right now, we have a kind of slash-and-burn POTUS as Commander-in-Chief who is actually doing a fairly good job against horrible odds.   (According to a pretty credible report, Trump was recruited by high-ranking members of the U.S. military to run for POTUS all the way back in 2015.  The military leaders supposedly appealed in desperation to Trump's patriotism--and their revelations of deadly, seditious corruptions in America's government shocked Trump into a radical change in his lavishly naïve, raunchy billionaire's worldview.  As soon as he ran for the White House, 88 Flag-level officers endorsed him in particular.  They manifestly did not want someone like Ted Cruz.  They wanted someone like George Patton.)

The most stubborn NeverTrumpers on TBR and in the GOPe have never been willing to acknowledge how courageously Trump is performing a crucial but often thankless role for rescuing America from unmitigated disaster, from the complete destruction of our beloved nation.  Today’s worst NeverTrumpers are just harpies (that’s the harshest word I dare to use) who flatly refuse to respect their own President for what he is doing for America right now.  Those same too-ardent NeverTrumpers counter-productively snipe at Trump whenever they can--mainly bringing up all of his peccadillos (and lies!) from his embarrassing past--rather than following a more positive, more  fervently patriotic approach of supporting our President whenever they can right now. 

The point I have repeatedly made on this forum is that I would prefer to have a better, more conspicuously moral gentleman in the White House, but our Creator nixed that for reasons of His Own.  I am forced to assume that He has a wiser plan for answering our serious prayers that He would save our Republic.  Maybe Trump (not Cruz, for example) is actually the best guy for the dirty and often thankless job of draining the Swamp.

No spiritually thoughtful person would regard Trump as America’s Messiah, but a spiritually thoughtful person should never second-guess the Providence of God—even when that Providence is inarguably strange (as it certainly has been for several decades).  In my own case, when God in His Providence overruled my prayers, taking America in a direction that I initially found appalling, I repented of my complaining—recalling the Scriptures that remind us that God is oddly in control of everything in the Universe.

Remembering that, I chilled out--as I always do, eventually.  I am perfectly happy to have God in ultimately full control of a spiritual war--and to take my marching orders from the Scriptures.  (That set-up is the root of my patriotism.)

Notice from the above paragraph that I am ultimately saying that the highest level of American patriotism, yet to be achieved by some TBR members, unfortunately, is loyalty to God, supreme loyalty to King Jesus.  Considering the fact God has given us an extraordinarily wonderful Constitution and now has given us a flawed but serious POTUS who is evidently on our side to reassert that blessed Constitutional government in the War Against the Deep State, I believe King Jesus demands that we act accordingly--i.e., expecting good things from God even through a high-profile sinner like Trump.

I have plenty of Biblical support for that position.   

And you wonder why people attack you.

Attacking me?  Like you calling me stupid and suggesting that I am supposedly just insulting TBR's lovely, flawlessly patriotic conservatives? 

My goodness, I don't wonder why people attack me.  I know why they do.  (Hint:  I'm not stupid. [LOL])

Pot meet kettle.  You get back exactly what you give on TBR.  So maybe you need to take a long hard look in the mirror and fix yourself and how you talk to people on here before you go accusing others of how you're behaving.

LOL again.  You are complaining about my comment that a lot of TBR members really are nasty, thoughtless jerks.  Of course, I was correct, as our Moderators would quickly agree.  But I have made a serious effort never to respond as nastily and thoughtlessly as those who have slammed me.  (I'm not perfect, but I would point out that I even got along pretty well with my friend INVAR when he occasionally became incensed at me for daring to forgive Trump for all of his sins!  [Full disclosure:  I'm a Dan Bongino fan.  I think he's the best guy on the radio.  And I love his meme about Trump's lewd history and present political crassness--#IDontCare.)
« Last Edit: January 19, 2019, 12:38:59 am by the_doc »