Author Topic: Why Hasn’t Trump Folded?  (Read 19195 times)

Online massadvj

• Editorial Advisor
Re: Why Hasn’t Trump Folded?
« Reply #25 on: January 14, 2019, 03:26:07 pm »
Meh.  Government schmuvermint.  Except for the fact that I was unable to stroll across the Canyon Lake, TX dam last week, my life has been unaffected by the shutdown, as have the lives of most Americans.  You think average people care about the overpaid, pampered 800K federal employees?  Quite the opposite.  They see that the loss of 800K Dem patronage jobs means very little in terms of affecting the daily lives of Americans.

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
« Reply #26 on: January 14, 2019, 03:29:54 pm »
He’s falling in approval rating since the shutdown, according to Rasmussen, the guy some people here believe is the definitive pollster.

http://m.rasmussenreports.com/public_content/politics/trump_administration/prez_track_jan14
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Online massadvj

• Editorial Advisor
« Reply #27 on: January 14, 2019, 03:34:50 pm »
He’s falling in approval rating since the shutdown, according to Rasmussen, the guy some people here believe is the definitive pollster.

http://m.rasmussenreports.com/public_content/politics/trump_administration/prez_track_jan14

If he caves, you think that won't cause a precipitous slide?  In the long run, he has no more to lose and a lot to gain. I don't even support the wall, but I think politically Trump absolutely must stick to his guns.  Declaring a "national emergency" may be a convenient out, but it will just put the issue into the courts, and be seen as a capitulation.

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #28 on: January 14, 2019, 03:38:44 pm »

Between the Rat voters and the Never Trumpers I'm surprised he isn't in the low 30% rate.   Trump will never have an approval rating even approaching 50%
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline edpc

« Reply #29 on: January 14, 2019, 03:41:16 pm »
If he caves, you think that won't cause a precipitous slide?  In the long run, he has no more to lose and a lot to gain. I don't even support the wall, but I think politically Trump absolutely must stick to his guns.  Declaring a "national emergency" may be a convenient out, but it will just put the issue into the courts, and be seen as a capitulation.

Well, he’s four points below the percentage of people that voted for him. You could argue they are expecting him to declare the emergency.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #30 on: January 14, 2019, 03:46:51 pm »
Between the Rat voters and the Never Trumpers I'm surprised he isn't in the low 30% rate.   Trump will never have an approval rating even approaching 50%

The President's approval rating will never be reported over 50% by the corrupt media.

But we know better. 

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #31 on: January 14, 2019, 03:47:58 pm »

Meh.  Not exactly earth-shattering.

« Last Edit: January 14, 2019, 03:48:34 pm by Sanguine »

Offline edpc

« Reply #32 on: January 14, 2019, 03:53:27 pm »
Meh.  Not exactly earth-shattering.

On the 21st, the day before the shutdown, he was at 49, so a 7 point drop since then isn’t nothing.

http://m.rasmussenreports.com/public_content/politics/trump_administration/trump_approval_index_history
« Last Edit: January 14, 2019, 03:57:49 pm by edpc »

Offline skeeter

« Reply #33 on: January 14, 2019, 03:55:54 pm »

On the 21st, the day after the shutdown, he was at 49, so a 7 point drop since then isn’t nothing.

http://m.rasmussenreports.com/public_content/politics/trump_administration/trump_approval_index_history

This should be looked at at the same time as the approval rating for congress. To be expected given all the negative coverage of a government shutdown.

If he gets his wall he'll get it all back and then some.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #34 on: January 14, 2019, 05:23:51 pm »
This should be looked at at the same time as the approval rating for congress. To be expected given all the negative coverage of a government shutdown.

If he gets his wall he'll get it all back and then some.

Polls have not been reliable in years ... ever since cell phones.

And, by the way, it is not Trump's wall, it's the wall of American people to protect our country.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline RetBobbyMI

« Reply #35 on: January 14, 2019, 06:27:21 pm »
Meh.  Government schmuvermint.  Except for the fact that I was unable to stroll across the Canyon Lake, TX dam last week, my life has been unaffected by the shutdown, as have the lives of most Americans.  You think average people care about the overpaid, pampered 800K federal employees?  Quite the opposite.  They see that the loss of 800K Dem patronage jobs means very little in terms of affecting the daily lives of Americans.
Why would Canyon Lake dam be closed? It is run by the Army Corps of Engineers, which was fully funded through the DOD appropriation.
"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid."  -- John Wayne
"Talk sense to a fool and he calls you foolish.� ? Euripides, The Bacchae
"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.� ? Laurence J. Peter, The Peter Principle
"A stupid man's report of what a clever man says can never be accurate, because he unconsciously translates what he hears into something he can understand.� ? Bertrand Russell, A History of Western Philosophy

Online massadvj

• Editorial Advisor
« Reply #36 on: January 14, 2019, 06:47:52 pm »
Why would Canyon Lake dam be closed? It is run by the Army Corps of Engineers, which was fully funded through the DOD appropriation.

Not sure.  But it was.  On a weekday between 10 and 5.  I went by there a few times during the week and never saw a single pedestrian on the dam.

Offline RetBobbyMI

« Reply #37 on: January 14, 2019, 07:15:33 pm »
Not sure.  But it was.  On a weekday between 10 and 5.  I went by there a few times during the week and never saw a single pedestrian on the dam.
Maybe maintenance after all the rain the past couple weeks.
"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid."  -- John Wayne
"Talk sense to a fool and he calls you foolish.� ? Euripides, The Bacchae
"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.� ? Laurence J. Peter, The Peter Principle
"A stupid man's report of what a clever man says can never be accurate, because he unconsciously translates what he hears into something he can understand.� ? Bertrand Russell, A History of Western Philosophy

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #38 on: January 14, 2019, 08:19:55 pm »
Maybe maintenance after all the rain the past couple weeks.

I bet that's it.  The amount and frequency of rain has been pretty amazing.

Offline edpc

« Reply #39 on: January 15, 2019, 12:32:08 am »
No, this is........

Wow.....I was kidding, but the Clemson meeting today made it seem prescient....

« Last Edit: January 15, 2019, 12:34:39 am by edpc »

« Reply #40 on: January 15, 2019, 01:28:00 am »
NBC News ‏

White House says President Trump "is personally paying for” event with National Champions Clemson tonight "to be catered with some of everyone’s favorite fast foods,” because "much of the residence staff at the White House is furloughed” due to the ongoing government shutdown.

@edpc

« Reply #41 on: January 15, 2019, 01:34:55 am »
Sarah Sanders
Verified accountï‚™ @PressSec 

The Democrats’ refusal to compromise on border security and reopen the government didn’t stop President Trump from hosting national champion @ClemsonFB tonight. He personally paid for the event to be catered by some of America’s great fast food joints

Video at link: 

https://twitter.com/PressSec/status/1084980942870118401

5:09 PM - 14 Jan 2019

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #42 on: January 15, 2019, 01:36:35 am »

Wow.....I was kidding, but the Clemson meeting today made it seem prescient....

Actually that is pretty first class of the President. The team will love it.

Offline corbe

« Reply #43 on: January 15, 2019, 01:38:41 am »
   Definitely added to my Bucket List, Candlelight McDonalds Dinner, it's perverse in an unhealthy way.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Online roamer_1

« Reply #44 on: January 15, 2019, 01:40:59 am »
   Definitely added to my Bucket List, Candlelight McDonalds Dinner, it's perverse in an unhealthy way.

Meh. Cheap seats... Decent pizza and chicken wings... that'd be mobedda. Build a bonfire with a bunch of pickups around it in the back yard of the whitehouse... Now you're smoothin.

Offline edpc

« Reply #45 on: January 15, 2019, 01:51:05 am »
White House says President Trump "is personally paying for” event with National Champions Clemson tonight "to be catered with some of everyone’s favorite fast foods,” because "much of the residence staff at the White House is furloughed” due to the ongoing government shutdown.

It’s a meal I could pay for, so call me unimpressed. Besides, isn’t there a nice restaurant, right down the street, in his DC hotel? He can’t pay them to cater it?
« Last Edit: January 15, 2019, 01:54:07 am by edpc »

Offline edpc

« Reply #46 on: January 15, 2019, 01:53:27 am »
Actually that is pretty first class of the President. The team will love it.

It’s Clemson, not the Pop Warner team in Landover, sponsored by the Prince Georges County Jaycees.

« Reply #47 on: January 15, 2019, 02:07:14 am »

It’s a meal I could pay for

Cool @edpc   You should send the President a personal check to cover the cost ... you get to show you're a big man and send a "thank you" to him for not accepting a salary.

Don't forget to post the cancelled check.   :smokin:

Offline LegalAmerican

« Reply #48 on: January 15, 2019, 02:08:15 am »
He's too stupid to know he's making things worse, or he doesn't give a crap about anyone else but himself.

Why haven't demon-rats Pelosi & Schumer folded?  Nothing demon-rats support has been good for our society.  A billionaire , now president of USA, and YOU have the nerve to call him stupid, whole you sit here on a chat site?    **nononono*

Not making it worse. Making it SAFER FOR AMERICANS.  List how he is only caring about himself, while deflecting assassinations, death threats to himself and family, white powder sent in mail, "bombs'", and working 100 HOURS A WEEK for America and TAKING...NO PAY!  . How is he only thinking of himself?  For the slander and lies, sabotage he has to endure daily?  24/7?    **nononono**     Achieving more in 18 months, than any other president in 8 years, time!

........www.magapill.com

Offline edpc

« Reply #49 on: January 15, 2019, 02:14:54 am »
Cool @edpc   You should send the President a personal check to cover the cost ... you get to show you're a big man and send a "thank you" to him for not accepting a salary.

Don't forget to post the cancelled check.   :smokin:

I was rooting for The Tide in the championship. Clemson can have their E. coli burgers.