Author Topic: Trump puts blame on Obama after alleged chemical attack in Syria  (Read 11117 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Trump puts blame on Obama after alleged chemical attack in Syria
By Rebecca Savransky - 04/08/18 09:19 AM EDT

President Trump on Sunday put blame on former President Obama after the alleged chemical attack in Syria.

"If President Obama had crossed his stated Red Line In The Sand, the Syrian disaster would have ended long ago! Animal Assad would have been history!" Trump tweeted, referring to Syrian President Bashar Assad.

more
http://thehill.com/homenews/administration/382145-trump-puts-blame-on-obama-after-alleged-chemical-attack-in-syria
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline aligncare

Re: Trump puts blame on Obama after alleged chemical attack in Syria
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2018, 02:54:04 pm »
A blunt insight into the president’s thinking that presents a bit of a dilemma to NeverTrumpers. They certainly don’t like Obama, but appear to hate Donald Trump worse. Hmm what’s a never to do?

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2018, 02:56:24 pm »
A blunt insight into the president’s thinking that presents a bit of a dilemma to NeverTrumpers. They certainly don’t like Obama, but appear to hate Donald Trump worse. Hmm what’s a never to do?

LOL!  I had just posted something similar @aligncare  but deleted it as too provocative.   (Snowflakes are not without their sensitivities)

Thanks for your courage!!   888high58888

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2018, 02:58:24 pm »
From April 2017.....

“It crossed a lot of lines for me,” Trump told reporters during a news conference at the White House with the king of Jordan. “When you kill innocent children, innocent babies, babies, little babies, with a chemical gas that is so lethal ... that crosses many, many lines, beyond a red line. Many, many lines.”

https://www.politico.com/story/2017/04/trump-chemical-attacks-in-syria-crossed-many-many-lines-236920

Obama isn’t in office anymore.  His failures were legion and a change was made to correct them.  Stop whining about the past and tell us what you intend to do about it.

I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline aligncare

« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2018, 03:07:41 pm »
LOL!  I had just posted something similar @aligncare  but deleted it as too provocative.   (Snowflakes are not without their sensitivities)

Of course, I was speaking theoretically. But, still I figure anyone coming here to challenge my comment must surely know that they might be revealing their cards, so to speak.

Offline Night Hides Not

« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2018, 03:16:00 pm »
From April 2017.....

“It crossed a lot of lines for me,” Trump told reporters during a news conference at the White House with the king of Jordan. “When you kill innocent children, innocent babies, babies, little babies, with a chemical gas that is so lethal ... that crosses many, many lines, beyond a red line. Many, many lines.”

https://www.politico.com/story/2017/04/trump-chemical-attacks-in-syria-crossed-many-many-lines-236920

Obama isn’t in office anymore.  His failures were legion and a change was made to correct them.  Stop whining about the past and tell us what you intend to do about it.

On my 23rd birthday, I was handed an additional Chaparral platoon to lead. Just so happened we were selected to undergo a tactical evaluation. Long story short, we failed. It was a seminal moment in my life. All the fecal matter was directed at me, the Leaders Handbook was quoted to me on a daily basis: everything my unit does, or fails to do, is my responsibility. After about three weeks of that, I told my CO, "I get it...now stay the hell out of my way and let me do my job."

I've tried to live my life by that credo since those days. When Trump was inaugurated, he got the keys to the car. He wasn't planted by force in the Oval Office, he volunteered for the job...so do the job, Mr. Trump.

Hey @Right_in_Virginia , you can stick your "snowflake smirk" where the sun don't shine.
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

1 John 3:18: Let us love not in word or speech, but in truth and action.

Offline Night Hides Not

« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2018, 03:17:53 pm »

Courage?   :thud:  You Orange Brigadiers have a peculiar way when it comes to defining "courage".  :3:

Orange Brigadiers are "chairborne Rangers" IMHO. They talk loudly and carry mean tweets.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2018, 03:22:43 pm by Night Hides Not »
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

Offline Night Hides Not

« Reply #7 on: April 08, 2018, 03:20:26 pm »

I expect him to be a leader, and do the job. He's been so scatter brained in the promises he's made, and the messages he sends to the world. I didn't "hate" Obama, I don't "hate" Trump. Their inability to accept responsibility for their decisions make both of them Class A REMFs in my book.

Offline corbe

« Reply #8 on: April 08, 2018, 03:24:31 pm »
   I guess we'll find out soon enough if obummer signed one of Trumps infamous NDA's.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #9 on: April 08, 2018, 03:25:12 pm »
ISIS defeated or at the least, is down and out... Obama withdrew troops, ISIS rose up, even the Bushies should be able to recognize this, Trump salvaged that situation. Instead, Dubya is having a toast with Obama....

That's just the truth, Trump administration also has gotten NK to back down on the surface,

Those insulting Trump and any supporter of the Republican nominee are entitled to their opinion but not their own facts.

I'm sorry the Trump insulters are disappointed that we are not watching the onslaught of innocents every day from jihadist groups like ISIS.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #10 on: April 08, 2018, 03:25:28 pm »

The idea that any.... ANY of us here approved of Obama more than we do Trump is ugly.

Those of us who disapprove of Trump do so from the side of conservatism, not liberalism.

The sooner you figure that out, the more you will understand what's going on.....
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline TomSea

« Reply #11 on: April 08, 2018, 03:27:38 pm »

Absolutely, Trump admin salvages Bush's Iraq intervention, yet, a lot of the detractors, who are Bush supporters criticize Trump. It is truly baffling.

I mean, ISIS is one of the greatest evils since World War II, up there with the Khmere Rouge and others, with the difference in that, ISIS wants to export their terror to everywhere in the world, UK, France, Germany and even the USA.

Offline TomSea

« Reply #12 on: April 08, 2018, 03:29:00 pm »
"Credit where credit is due"... and away from the usual forum-member sparring, per the original story here,  surely Trump is correct.

Offline corbe

« Reply #13 on: April 08, 2018, 03:29:29 pm »
   They'll never figure it out.

No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline aligncare

« Reply #14 on: April 08, 2018, 03:32:55 pm »
For anyone to say they approve of Trump less than, or even equal with, Obama is a slap in the face to the conservative gains made under President Trump.

Sometimes you got to stop and realize when you’re winning.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #15 on: April 08, 2018, 03:35:25 pm »
For anyone to say they approve of Trump less than, or even equal with, Obama is a slap in the face to the conservative gains made under President Trump.

Sometimes you got to stop and realize when you’re winning.

Liberal ideals can never be defined as "winning" for a conservative.

(And the betrayal of moral, ethical, fiscal principles coming from the party that once claimed to believe in them, is a deeper wound than when it comes from the Dem party.  It doesn't mean anyone approves of Obama more (NO one does).  It just means we have been stabbed in the back by our own party.......... or what once was our party).

Again.......... if you try to grasp what conservatism actually means, you will begin to understand why we cannot support your pseudo-Republican idol.

« Last Edit: April 08, 2018, 03:38:58 pm by musiclady »

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Offline TomSea

« Reply #16 on: April 08, 2018, 03:35:32 pm »

Trolling remark,

Offline TomSea

« Reply #17 on: April 08, 2018, 03:36:21 pm »
Liberal ideals can never be defined as "winning" for a conservative.

But defeating terrorism is "winning" for America.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #18 on: April 08, 2018, 03:40:40 pm »
But defeating terrorism is "winning" for America.

The jury is still out as to whether or not that is being done.

Nonetheless, the number of hardcore liberal things this president has already done is inarguable.

Offline TomSea

« Reply #19 on: April 08, 2018, 03:43:20 pm »
After Bush and Obama's actions, up to 80% of all Christians have disappeared from Iraq. Trump, even if one wants to say, he got out of the way for the military to do their job, has helped defeat ISIS.  If that is not conservatism, I guess I'll take it versus Dubya's version.

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
« Reply #20 on: April 08, 2018, 03:44:34 pm »
ISIS defeated or at the least, is down and out... Obama withdrew troops, ISIS rose up, even the Bushies should be able to recognize this, Trump salvaged that situation.

Yeah, it's really great how peaceful Syria is without ISIS, now and how Iraq is under Iran's thumb.

Iraq grapples with Iranian influence ahead of May elections

Iranian support and military advisers helped Baghdad's Shiite-led government beat back the Islamic State group. But with IS militants now largely defeated militarily, Iran's expanding influence has emerged as one of Iraq's most divisive issues ahead of the balloting.

That influence has sown fear among Iraq's disenchanted minority Sunnis, who bore the brunt of the war's destruction, and has also caused concern in Washington. Despite tensions between the United States and Iran, both remain key allies of Iraqi Prime Minister Haider al-Abadi's government.

http://abcnews.go.com/amp/International/wireStory/iraq-grapples-iranian-influence-ahead-elections-54223229
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #21 on: April 08, 2018, 03:45:09 pm »
After Bush and Obama's actions, up to 80% of all Christians have disappeared from Iraq. Trump, even if one wants to say, he got out of the way for the military to do their job, has helped defeat ISIS.  If that is not conservatism, I guess I'll take it versus Dubya's version.

Do you also take Trump's doubling funding for Planned Parenthood over Dubya's consistent pro-life stance?

There is not a single conservative bone in Trump's body.

Offline Night Hides Not

« Reply #22 on: April 08, 2018, 03:59:42 pm »
I found the "home" Trump and the GOP have built for Christian conservatives:

Offline aligncare

« Reply #23 on: April 08, 2018, 04:02:36 pm »
I see my assumption proved right.

Offline TomSea

« Reply #24 on: April 08, 2018, 04:05:09 pm »
I found the "home" Trump and the GOP have built for Christian conservatives:

Still can't comment on the subject that is about Syria! Real big victory for you!
 :silly: