Author Topic: Roy Moore refuses to concede, says Alabama Senate race ‘not over’  (Read 10426 times)

Offline andy58-in-nh

I'm gonna try pictures.   I can't get through with words.

And I could keep going. 

The reason these people aren't seen as "nuts"  is because the Media attack machine doesn't focus on them unless it is forced to do so.

True. But it is useless to fight evil with crazy.
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Online Hoodat

Re: Trump Urges Moore To Concede Alabama Senate Race
« Reply #101 on: December 16, 2017, 01:23:29 am »
I'm just curious why the recount hasn't begun.

Why would there be a recount?  Moore's
Jones' margin of victory is three times the legal threshold for a recount.

Correction.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2017, 05:23:19 pm by Hoodat »
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Online Hoodat

Even Trump is telling Moore to give it up.

It simply isn't in Moore's nature to concede.  His self-anointed outlook should have tipped Republican voters off from the very beginning that he was not suited to be a candidate.  He is not teachable.

Hopefully, Republican primary voters will learn from their mistake instead of playing the victim card like Hillary sycophants.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
I was a Moore supporter, but when you've lost, you've lost.

Time to get back on his horse and ride off into the sunset...

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
That is a very fair question. The reasons why we get the candidates we do flow directly from our diseased cultural institutions.

Really?  I'll be damned!  Who knew? /s
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline DiogenesLamp

It simply isn't in Moore's nature to concede.  His self-anointed outlook should have tipped Republican voters off from the very beginning that he was not suited to be a candidate.  He is not teachable.

Yes,  he's quite unique in having a "self anointed" outlook in politics.   I've actually never heard of such a thing until he came on the scene.

Hopefully, Republican primary voters will learn from their mistake instead of playing the victim card like Hillary sycophants.

Foolish primary voters.  Why on earth would they pick a man that would be up 28 points in the polls before accusations were made about him and his party allies stabbed him in the back?

They must be stupid,  because they obviously didn't see that stuff coming. 

Why it was plain as day that the reporter would find two white trash kook bats to make shaky accusations against the man from 38 years ago!

And everybody knows that Republican party office holders simply cannot wait to embrace kooky accusations and quickly slip knives in a candidates back! 

Yeah,  it was plain as day that was going to happen. 

« Last Edit: December 16, 2017, 01:13:45 pm by mystery-ak »
‘What all the wise men promised has not happened, and what all the damned fools said would happen has come to pass.’
— Lord Melbourne —

Online Hoodat

QED

Offline WingNot

• Resident TBR Curmudgeon
"I'm a man, but I changed, because I had to. Oh well."

Offline DiogenesLamp

QED

When you are dealing with people who want to believe what they want to believe,  all roads lead to Rome.   You point to me as an example,  and I am laughing.  :)   
‘What all the wise men promised has not happened, and what all the damned fools said would happen has come to pass.’
— Lord Melbourne —

Offline kevindavis007

Are you kidding me..
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/ and the Eisenhower Caucus: https://EisenhowerCaucus.org

Ronald Reagan: “Rather than...talking about putting up a fence, why don’t we work out some recognition of our mutual problems and make it possible for them to come here legally with a work permit…earning here they pay taxes here.”

Offline kevindavis007

« Reply #110 on: December 16, 2017, 12:08:00 pm »
What does he have to lose by not conceding? His reputation's already shot and it's not like he's going to run again.

He might run for President as a Constipation Party Candidate.   In fact he more of a candidate for that party than the GOP.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2017, 01:45:34 pm by kevindavis »
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/ and the Eisenhower Caucus: https://EisenhowerCaucus.org

Ronald Reagan: “Rather than...talking about putting up a fence, why don’t we work out some recognition of our mutual problems and make it possible for them to come here legally with a work permit…earning here they pay taxes here.”

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

« Reply #111 on: December 16, 2017, 02:17:49 pm »
Why would there be a recount?  Moore's margin of victory is three times the legal threshold for a recount.
So you admit Moore was victorious?

So why hasn't Jones conceded as yet?
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline kevindavis007

Silver Pines

It's quite apparent that your output doesn't require much in the way of effort.  Do not judge the rest of us by your half bushel.

@DiogenesLamp, a gasbag who thinks his every utterance is the Gettysburg address is always good for a laugh, but in a sad way.  You’re one of those gasbags.

It’s painfully clear you impress yourself enormously, but that quality goes hand-in-hand with a lack of self-awareness.  Nobody else is in awe of you.

You’re not putting out “work”, you’re blathering on a forum, like the rest of us.  Get over yourself.

And for the sake of this forum’s credibility, can you not use the N word in your posts?  I know that’s fine at TOS, but we do better.

Offline kevindavis007

@DiogenesLamp, a gasbag who thinks his every utterance is the Gettysburg address is always good for a laugh, but in a sad way.  You’re one of those gasbags.

It’s painfully clear you impress yourself enormously, but that quality goes hand-in-hand with a lack of self-awareness.  Nobody else is in awe of you.

You’re not putting out “work”, you’re blathering on a forum, like the rest of us.  Get over yourself.

And for the sake of this forum’s credibility, can you not use the N word in your posts?  I know that’s fine at TOS, but we do better.

:amen:

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #115 on: December 16, 2017, 03:26:38 pm »
Why would there be a recount?  Moore's margin of victory is three times the legal threshold for a recount.

Thanks to the write-in votes. 

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
« Reply #116 on: December 16, 2017, 03:37:09 pm »
Thanks to the write-in votes.

There were more R votes that stayed home and said 'no thanks' than ones that cast protest ballots.  Moore just wasn't actually the draw the primary would have everyone believe.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2017, 03:37:36 pm by edpc »
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Online Hoodat

« Reply #117 on: December 16, 2017, 05:24:34 pm »
So you admit Moore was victorious?

So why hasn't Jones conceded as yet?

@IsailedawayfromFR

My bad.  Should have typed 'Jones' instead of 'Moore'.  Post has been corrected.

Offline DiogenesLamp

True. But it is useless to fight evil with crazy.

It's also useless to fight "mind's made up"  with evidence.   

People believe what they want to believe. 

— Lord Melbourne —

Offline RetBobbyMI

@DiogenesLamp
@IsailedawayfromFR
@Bigun

Back in the beginning of this millenium Moore defied a Federal court order. I think the court order was stupid. It was an overreaching interpretation of  the Establishment Clause of the First Amendment. Nonetheless, it was a valid court order. He defied a valid court order and he was the Chief Justice.

He's a kook.
You're entitle to your opinions, but at least get your facts straight.  Moore, as the Chief Justice of the Alabama State Supreme Court had the responsibility and oath to the constitution of Alabama and the United States.  If that Federal District Judge had any notion of the US constitution, he would know as Moore rightly pointed out at the time, that Federal district courts have no jurisdiction over state constitutions.  The US Constitution gives only the Supreme Court "original" jurisdiction over state vs federal constitutional issues.
"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid."  -- John Wayne
"Talk sense to a fool and he calls you foolish.� ? Euripides, The Bacchae
"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.� ? Laurence J. Peter, The Peter Principle
"A stupid man's report of what a clever man says can never be accurate, because he unconsciously translates what he hears into something he can understand.� ? Bertrand Russell, A History of Western Philosophy

Offline musiclady

It's also useless to fight "mind's made up"  with evidence.   

People believe what they want to believe.

You certainly do.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline RetBobbyMI

« Reply #121 on: December 16, 2017, 08:00:51 pm »
There were more R votes that stayed home and said 'no thanks' than ones that cast protest ballots.  Moore just wasn't actually the draw the primary would have everyone believe.
If Moore was so bad, why did he win the primaries?
"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid."  -- John Wayne
"Talk sense to a fool and he calls you foolish.� ? Euripides, The Bacchae
"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.� ? Laurence J. Peter, The Peter Principle
"A stupid man's report of what a clever man says can never be accurate, because he unconsciously translates what he hears into something he can understand.� ? Bertrand Russell, A History of Western Philosophy

Offline DiogenesLamp

If my existence amuses you,  it pleases me to provide you with some distraction from what must be less amusing aspects of your life.   

If I worried about what people thought,   I would probably be trying to fit in instead of being myself.   I think I'm a bit autistic that way.    Something a wise man taught me a long time ago is that "God is no respecter of Persons."    Why should I try to be different in that regard?   

If you think someone is vying for "awe-dom",   then perhaps you are seeing something in yourself,  rather than in me.   

I do concede that you are blathering on a forum,   but I would not say this is true of others or myself.   I occasionally blather,   but most often I try to reason and have a meeting of the minds with other people who might have insight or information that will help me comprehend what to do to optimize my future and that of those about whom I care. 

Did that get a wince out of you?   I hoped it would.    The fact that the Washington Post snake wrote that story indicates just what a piece of sh*t you have been gleefully following,  and who's work you have been spreading as far and wide as you are able.   

Yes,  the story about Rick Perry which was deliberately calculated to damage him as much as possible,   came from that nasty witch.    You don't like her choice of verbiage,   yet it is all part and parcel of the wickedness  you embraced when you volunteered to help her deliver up her little balls of sh*t. 

I think you got some on you. 

« Last Edit: December 16, 2017, 08:02:36 pm by DiogenesLamp »
— Lord Melbourne —

Offline musiclady

« Reply #123 on: December 16, 2017, 08:03:20 pm »
If Moore was so bad, why did he win the primaries?

Good ol' boys club running the Republican party?
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline DiogenesLamp

:amen:

Thank God for that.   It assures me i'm on the right track. 

— Lord Melbourne —