Author Topic: Roy Moore refuses to concede, says Alabama Senate race ‘not over’  (Read 10475 times)

Silver Pines

@DiogenesLamp

It's pointless to go after the women. 

LMAO

lolol

Silver Pines

Tommy. Whats your malfunction. Everyone knows Ted isn't from Canada. We have definitive evidence that the Zodiac hailed from Cali.

@Frank Cannon

Offline corbe

That is a vile and retched meme @Frank Cannon just consider me highly offended and your poor lost soul reported. 
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Re: Trump Urges Moore To Concede Alabama Senate Race
« Reply #153 on: December 17, 2017, 01:48:17 am »
If Moore was so bad, why did he win the primaries?
My question is simple: How would the detractors be acting if Moore had won?

How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Smokin Joe

Last time I went through AL, the old south and the new south kinda look the same.
Excellent!  888bravo The camouflage is working!  :silly:

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Smokin Joe

Didn't happen.    Some Washington Post turd-bag came into the state and dragged up some mentally ill kooks to make accusations,  and then outside the state party officials decided to meddle too. 
Sadly, this will continue to be the modus operandi of the left until people figure out how to resist their emotional impulses to burn people at the stake and take time to examine facts. For some, that day will never come.  Funny how people who decry jumping on some trains so willingly hop aboard others.

It's pointless to go after the women.  They don't have a pot worth pissing in.  The Washington post will have the defense that they were just "reporting"  what the women said,  and they didn't make any allegations themselves.   Gloria Allred would seem to be the only target worth going after,  but the fact she did her slime-ing in New York means that Moore would face a much more hostile jury pool,  and so he wouldn't likely prevail in the Empire State.   

And so reality and practicality will likely do nothing to alleviate your smugness.
QFT Now that they are no longer useful tools, they will either fade back into obscurity, or at most, be trotted out occasionally as poster children to prove how Republican Men (and especially Christian Conservatives) are just really a bunch of evil creatures bent on perpetuating the diabolical patriarchy that is holding back dysfunctional,  mentally unstable, and dipsomaniac (AKA "troubled") women. There is no shortage of people who will 'identify' with some aspect of that and take up the torch against whomever is the target of such slander.
« Last Edit: December 17, 2017, 02:17:54 am by Smokin Joe »

C S Lewis

Offline corbe

I would suspect @Smokin Joe that they would have just deepened our pool of intellectuals here that think this is perhaps another sign of the coming apocalypse or just moved beyond this silly thing in anticipation of better, funnier things to come, except for a few. of course.   

I see Trumper's everywhere.

No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Online jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision

Didn't happen.    Some Washington Post turd-bag came into the state and dragged up some mentally ill kooks to make accusations,  and then outside the state party officials decided to meddle too. 

It's pointless to go after the women.  They don't have a pot worth pissing in.  The Washington post will have the defense that they were just "reporting"  what the women said,  and they didn't make any allegations themselves.   Gloria Allred would seem to be the only target worth going after,  but the fact she did her slime-ing in New York means that Moore would face a much more hostile jury pool,  and so he wouldn't likely prevail in the Empire State.   

And so reality and practicality will likely do nothing to alleviate your smugness.
Nonsense. It's not about the money—although if one of them can afford to hire Gloria Allred, there is money to be made. It's about defamation. If they get away with this now, they will get away with it later against someone else. It's about the chilling effect this will have on anyone seeking office. Nip it in the bud now, and they'll think twice about doing it later.

Leigh Corfman and company need to be punished if they knowingly made a false accusation to meddle in an election.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline EdJames

• Certified Trump Realist
Sadly, this will continue to be the modus operandi of the left until people figure out how to resist their emotional impulses to burn people at the stake and take time to examine facts. For some, that day will never come.  Funny how people who decry jumping on some trains so willingly hop aboard others.

QFT Now that they are no longer useful tools, they will either fade back into obscurity, or at most, be trotted out occasionally as poster children to prove how Republican Men (and especially Christian Conservatives) are just really a bunch of evil creatures bent on perpetuating the diabolical patriarchy that is holding back dysfunctional,  mentally unstable, and dipsomaniac (AKA "troubled") women. There is no shortage of people who will 'identify' with some aspect of that and take up the torch against whomever is the target of such slander.

Don't forgot that this isn't their first rodeo.. Remember what they did to Chris McDaniels in Mississippi in 2014 to get their guy Thad Cochrane back in.  Didn't use sex in that one, but used race to the max.

Now Mitch has Cochrane in there and they will likely have to wheel him in on a gurney to vote next week.

Offline roamer_1

That's a fact.

Offline EdJames

Nonsense. It's not about the money—although if one of them can afford to hire Gloria Allred, there is money to be made. It's about defamation. If they get away with this now, they will get away with it later against someone else. It's about the chilling effect this will have on anyone seeking office. Nip it in the bud now, and they'll think twice about doing it later.

Leigh Corfman and company need to be punished if they knowingly made a false accusation to meddle in an election.

I doubt that she had to pay All Red anything.  I suspect that if All Red collected anything, it came from some unnamed donors (see daughter Lisa Bloom model).

Offline goodwithagun

They prefer to be called "Sons of the Soil".

Ok, @Frank Cannon , sav blanc out of the nose stings like a mother $&@%#.
I stand with Roosgirl.

Offline goodwithagun

If the South, during the Civil War, had half the Manufacturing base the North did @Frank Cannon you'd be typing with a Southern drawl and that thought alone repulses me.

Not true! If the South had half the manufacturing base the North did @Frank Cannon would be typing his witty commentary from a trailer park in New Jersey with an American flag in the yard that says "The North Will Rise Again."
I stand with Roosgirl.

Offline corbe

Not true! If the South had half the manufacturing base the North did @Frank Cannon would be typing his witty commentary from a trailer park in New Jersey with an American flag in the yard that says "The North Will Rise Again."

@goodwithagun  Plus, Frank be making a profit off the Underground Railroad with his exorbitant overnight charges.

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
« Reply #164 on: December 17, 2017, 02:47:24 am »

The answer is simple.  They'd say enjoy your Senate ethics committee circus and seeing Roy Moore in every Dem campaign ad across the country in 2018. 

However, 1.3M voted for Trump in 2016.  Moore got 650K to vote for him and 669K to stay home.  So, the real question is, was he a bad candidate or are more than half the Trump voters establishment/media puppets?
« Last Edit: December 17, 2017, 02:48:05 am by edpc »
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline goodwithagun

@goodwithagun  Plus, Frank be making a profit off the Underground Railroad with his exorbitant overnight charges.

Are you insinuating that the vibrating bed up charge is unnecessary?
I stand with Roosgirl.

Offline goodwithagun

« Reply #166 on: December 17, 2017, 02:51:30 am »
The answer is simple.  They'd say enjoy your Senate ethics committee circus and seeing Roy Moore in every Dem campaign ad across the country in 2018. 

However, 1.3M voted for Trump in 2016.  Moore got 650K to vote for him and 669K to stay home.  So, the real question is, was he a bad candidate or are more than half the Trump voters establishment/media puppets?

That's just it, isn't it? The beauty of Moore for the Dems is that he was damned if he did and damned if he didn't. Translated for them, it's a win-win.
I stand with Roosgirl.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
Don't forgot that this isn't their first rodeo.. Remember what they did to Chris McDaniels in Mississippi in 2014 to get their guy Thad Cochrane back in.  Didn't use sex in that one, but used race to the max.

No.  I didn't forget.

But a whole lot of Republicans and 'Conservatives' chose to forget.

It's one of the many reasons why I'm no longer a member of their party, nor will I vote for anyone in it.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline EdJames

We should never forget.

Offline corbe

No.  I didn't forget.

But a whole lot of Republicans and 'Conservatives' chose to forget.

It's one of the many reasons why I'm no longer a member of their party, nor will I vote for anyone in it.

That's a broad brush there @INVAR lumping 'Conservatives' with Republicans. The people that voted for Trump were 'screw hellary' (rightfully so) and 'burn the place down' mentality, they were conned, not me.

#MAGA

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan

Now Mitch has Cochrane in there and they will likely have to wheel him in on a gurney to vote next week.

@EdJames

Don't forget the Herman Cain episode either.

They will continue to run this play until someone puts the kibosh on it once and far all.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline EdJames

@EdJames

Don't forget the Herman Cain episode either.

They will continue to run this play until someone puts the kibosh on it once and far all.

Agreed, I was really hoping that they could have been slapped down this time.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Agreed, I was really hoping that they could have been slapped down this time.

I think there were a lot of folks with you on that!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Smokin Joe

Folks like Gloria Allred will take cases on contingency or even pro bono if it suits them. In her case, it is an opportunity to get herself back on the national radar and to gain exposure as a standard bearer of the 'cause'.

However, I heartily agree that the bringing of a false narrative against a political figure for the purposes of poisoning a campaign should be punished.

C S Lewis

Offline Smokin Joe

Ok, @Frank Cannon , sav blanc out of the nose stings like a mother $&@%#.
If you use it as a chaser for Everclear, it feels ....well, after the Everclear, your nose probably won't feel much at all. Don't ask me how I know, but Everclear was a lot smoother than what my uncle used to make.

C S Lewis