Author Topic: The Republican Party Faces a Roy Moore-Style Humiliation in Virginia  (Read 1086 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
NOT AGAIN!
The Republican Party Faces a Roy Moore-Style Humiliation in Virginia
With three declared candidates for the upcoming Senate primary, Republicans are trying to save as much face as possible, knowing that a loss is likely.
Gideon Resnick
Gideon Resnick
12.18.17 5:00 AM ET

Primary campaigns can be testy, messy affairs. But few, if any, begin with one candidate accusing his opponent of having dealings with the Muslim Brotherhood and that opponent responding by saying his accuser was “off his meds.”

Such was the beginning of what promises to be an outrageous GOP Senate primary in Virginia, one that Republicans worry will further harm their national brand. Earlier this month, the party experienced as much in Alabama, with the remarkable loss of Senate candidate Roy Moore. Virginia is hardly a similarly Republican-leaning state. And none of the candidates running for the nomination there have quite the same amount of baggage as Moore, who was accused of sexually preying on teenagers.

Then again, few would describe them as non-extreme.

more
https://www.thedailybeast.com/the-republican-party-faces-a-roy-moore-style-humiliation-in-virginia
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Silver Pines

Re: The Republican Party Faces a Roy Moore-Style Humiliation in Virginia
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2017, 02:59:45 pm »
Jim Gilmore...!  Yeah, great, why not drag him out of cold storage.  He did so well in the presidential primaries, after all.

It doesn’t matter who they run; Virginia is lost.  There are just too many liberals from the north flooding down here.  Northern Virginia can’t contain them all anymore; they’re spreading out all over the state.

I live in a rural community twelve miles out of Lynchburg.  It’s exploding down here with houses going up.  The drive from the city to my house down a state highway was a quiet one just a few years ago.  Now it’s bumper to bumper, and not many of those cars have Virginia plates. 

These transplants are not voting Republican, and I don’t see how that can be reversed.

Offline RetBobbyMI

« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2017, 03:05:10 pm »
Jim Gilmore...!  Yeah, great, why not drag him out of cold storage.  He did so well in the presidential primaries, after all.

It doesn’t matter who they run; Virginia is lost.  There are just too many liberals from the north flooding down here.  Northern Virginia can’t contain them all anymore; they’re spreading out all over the state.

I live in a rural community twelve miles out of Lynchburg.  It’s exploding down here with houses going up.  The drive from the city to my house down a state highway was a quiet one just a few years ago.  Now it’s bumper to bumper, and not many of those cars have Virginia plates. 

These transplants are not voting Republican, and I don’t see how that can be reversed.
With all of them taxes Virginians pay, it’s a magnet for the ultra left from the northeast. Not to mention their attraction to swamp creatures.
« Last Edit: December 18, 2017, 03:05:44 pm by RetBobbyMI »
"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid."  -- John Wayne
"Talk sense to a fool and he calls you foolish.� ? Euripides, The Bacchae
"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.� ? Laurence J. Peter, The Peter Principle
"A stupid man's report of what a clever man says can never be accurate, because he unconsciously translates what he hears into something he can understand.� ? Bertrand Russell, A History of Western Philosophy

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2017, 04:00:55 pm »

Gotta find a way to turn them around at the Maryland border.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline RetBobbyMI

« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2017, 04:07:34 pm »
A state tax on new residents? Unless an employer within the state brought them in.
"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.� ? Laurence J. Peter, The Peter Principle
"A stupid man's report of what a clever man says can never be accurate, because he unconsciously translates what he hears into something he can understand.� ? Bertrand Russell, A History of Western Philosophy

Online cato potatoe

« Reply #5 on: December 18, 2017, 04:24:44 pm »
A nutcase Senate candidate may sink 2 or 3 House members as well.  The Republicans still have a 7-4 advantage there.

Silver Pines

« Reply #6 on: December 18, 2017, 05:14:28 pm »
With all of them taxes Virginians pay, it’s a magnet for the ultra left from the northeast. Not to mention their attraction to swamp creatures.

@RetBobbyMI

Yeah, they leave the places they’ve ruined and spread the blight wherever they go.

I hope they’re enjoying our vehicle tax.  Here, you buy a car and you pay the state every year for the privilege of owning it.

Silver Pines

« Reply #7 on: December 18, 2017, 05:15:14 pm »

@txradioguy

Can we brainstorm on that, lol?

Offline RetBobbyMI

« Reply #8 on: December 18, 2017, 05:25:12 pm »
@RetBobbyMI

Yeah, they leave the places they’ve ruined and spread the blight wherever they go.

I hope they’re enjoying our vehicle tax.  Here, you buy a car and you pay the state every year for the privilege of owning it.
I did that for a year, before my employer moved me back out of state. It's amazing how states on the east coast (north of the Carolinas) and left coast find ways of stealing their peoples income.  Must be something about ocean air.  Its not as bad along the gulf coast.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Silver Pines

« Reply #10 on: December 19, 2017, 12:55:46 am »
I did that for a year, before my employer moved me back out of state. It's amazing how states on the east coast (north of the Carolinas) and left coast find ways of stealing their peoples income.  Must be something about ocean air.  Its not as bad along the gulf coast.

@RetBobbyMI

I'll be honest, right now the only state I could think of that's worse--on this side of the country--is New Jersey.  It pains me to say it, but it's true.

Offline RetBobbyMI

« Reply #12 on: December 19, 2017, 01:03:03 am »
@RetBobbyMI

I'll be honest, right now the only state I could think of that's worse--on this side of the country--is New Jersey.  It pains me to say it, but it's true.
No argument there! But seems like everything from Virginia on north is terrible when is comes to taxes. As a retiree looking for my home base, Ive been checking them all.  Even Texas with no income tax, has a higher over all tax rate (through property and sales taxes) then Michigan which has an income tax and a lower sales tax rate than Texas. So far, Alabama and Florida have shown to be better, but like Virginia, with all of the transplants moving there, Its only a matter of time for Florida to raise their property tax rates.

Silver Pines

« Reply #13 on: December 19, 2017, 01:05:20 am »
No argument there! But seems like everything from Virginia on north is terrible when is comes to taxes. As a retiree looking for my home base, Ive been checking them all.  Even Texas with no income tax, has a higher over all tax rate (through property and sales taxes) then Michigan which has an income tax and a lower sales tax rate than Texas. So far, Alabama and Florida have shown to be better, but like Virginia, with all of the transplants moving there, Its only a matter of time for Florida to raise their property tax rates.

@RetBobbyMI

I wouldn't know where to go if I had to move.  Newfoundland sounds good, lol.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #14 on: December 19, 2017, 01:09:07 am »
@RetBobbyMI

I wouldn't know where to go if I had to move.  Newfoundland sounds good, lol.

As much as I love my home state of Texas...I have to say Kentucky isn't too bad.

Offline Fantom

« Reply #15 on: December 19, 2017, 02:56:58 am »
A state tax on new residents? Unless an employer within the state brought them in.

Windfall public pension tax. Anyone with a public pension greater than the average ss/401 k in the State pays 95% marginal rate.
Those who profess to favor freedom, and yet deprecate agitation, are men who want crops without plowing up the ground, they want rain without thunder and lightning, they want the ocean without the awful roar of its many waters.

Frederick Douglass

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #16 on: December 19, 2017, 03:56:53 am »
TX wrote:
"Gotta find a way to turn them around at the Maryland border."

Here's the solution:
Cut off the northern part of Virginia and give it to Maryland (which is too small and stringy anyway.
With DC surrounded, incorporate it into the enlarged "New Maryland".

Still will have just two Senators.

Problems solved.

Offline RetBobbyMI

« Reply #17 on: December 19, 2017, 03:58:07 am »
As much as I love my home state of Texas...I have to say Kentucky isn't too bad.
Except for the lame brain turtle US Senator they have

Offline RetBobbyMI

« Reply #18 on: December 19, 2017, 03:59:27 am »
Windfall public pension tax. Anyone with a public pension greater than the average ss/401 k in the State pays 95% marginal rate.
You would have to except Military pensions from that.