Author Topic: Fox News Poll: Enthused Democrats give Jones[10pt] lead over Moore in Alabama  (Read 10057 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Re: Fox News Poll: Enthused Democrats give Jones[10pt] lead over Moore in Alabama
« Reply #175 on: December 12, 2017, 04:13:20 pm »
People are in many cases, going to vote to keep the Democrats out, that is Republican unity, all of this 3rd party stuff, I respect it but it could be argued that ship has sailed. The most that can be done is to keep out the radical agenda of the DNC.

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
Re: Fox News Poll: Enthused Democrats give Jones[10pt] lead over Moore in Alabama
« Reply #176 on: December 12, 2017, 04:13:44 pm »
Concerning, but this poll is an outlier:

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/2017/senate/al/alabama_senate_special_election_moore_vs_jones-6271.html

RCP takes the other polls, weighs their criteria, and comes up with a statistical average.  It’s not specifically their own poll.
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #177 on: December 12, 2017, 04:15:09 pm »
No, it's even more basic. It comes down to believing 11th hour 40 year ago allegations from shaky sources with heavy Liberal political ties, or voting for the sanctity of life. It isn't even close.

For honest voters. But remember the tens of millions the democrats are spending on their 'get out the vote' efforts.

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #178 on: December 12, 2017, 04:16:52 pm »
For honest voters. But remember the tens of millions the democrats are spending on their 'get out the vote' efforts.
That's a lot of charter buses (full of voter fraud).
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Restored

• TBR Advisory Committee
« Reply #179 on: December 12, 2017, 04:25:28 pm »
All that money coming in wasn't buy ads. It was paying for votes. But when you pay big money for a Senate seat, the precinct captains in battleground states are going to want that same money.
That's why Hillary and Obama had to raise a Billion $. Elections have become very expensive.
Countdown to Resignation

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #180 on: December 12, 2017, 04:33:59 pm »
Would you kindly explain to me how my voting for Castle in a state that the popular vote went two to one for Trump, as anticipated, did one goddamned thing to bring that bitch one micron closer to getting those whopping three electoral votes?

It didn't. Hillary lost the state, two to one. All my vote did was help put another Party on the radar (because from what I'm seeing with the GOP, we're going to need one, yesterday.)

If I had persuaded another ten thousand people to vote for my candidate of choice, Trump still would have gotten the electoral votes, which are the ones which count. Effect to bring Hillary closer to the White House? Zero.
She would still not have the electoral votes, which are the only ones which count.

So pack up that lie in your old kit bag and sit on it, hard. That's enough of that egregious bullshit.

:amen:
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline DiogenesLamp

« Reply #181 on: December 12, 2017, 04:36:02 pm »
Yeah, and one has to twist themselves into pretzels to justify 32 year old men dating teenagers; just the way it is.

I do not have to "justify"  it at all.    I do not consider it "wrong"  in any shape form or fashion.   I am a good enough student of history to understand that 30 year old and older men dating teenagers is not remarkable.   It was in fact the norm for much of this nation's history.   

What galls me is how modern day "prudes"  are trying to make it into a "thing."   

I don't have to twist myself into pretzels to justify it because I don't consider it wrong in the first place. 

‘What all the wise men promised has not happened, and what all the damned fools said would happen has come to pass.’
— Lord Melbourne —

Offline DiogenesLamp

« Reply #182 on: December 12, 2017, 04:44:27 pm »
Doesn't matter.  To him, it's not a question of law, it's a question of bigotry.  Moore didn't find for the Constitution of his state, he found for bigotry.  If you agree with Roy Moore, you are a bigot too, and a stoopit hayseed to boot.

The bible says Homosexuals are an embodiment of evil.   God burned two cities to death,  and allowed a third to be destroyed by the armies of Israel because of homosexuality.   

If you were brought up with this understanding,  you are automatically a "bigot"  if you don't accept the modern "rehabilitation"  of these mentally abnormal people.   

Homosexuals are mentally ill so far as I'm concerned,  and so are Transgenders.    They should not be given any consideration in the law as a consequence of something I consider to be a mental illness.   Humoring mentally ill people serves the interests of no one,  including the mentally ill people. 

It's just like the gays suing the cake maker.  Doesn't matter what the law is, gotta get on the right side of history.  Oh sure, he claims it's law, but he can't point at the Constitution where his view is supported.  Instead, he'll heap a bunch of legal precedent to make his point, as if Judges are supreme to the Constitution.  They are the ones who give it weight and heft, not the people.

There is absolutely no support in Constitutional law or legislative action for Homosexuality prior to the courts declaring it so.    It is a made-up pile of crap that no reasonable person can support on the basis of it's claims. 

There, as with this Moore matter, he demonstrates one of the finer points of Lawyering:  If the facts are on your side, pound the facts.  If the Law is on your side, pound the Law.  If neither are on your side, pound the table.  Jazz has been pounding this table for as long as I can remember, and the actual topic of discussion is not relevant.  The tactic is the same. 

Gay wedding cakes, abortions on demand, gun control and now Roy Moore.  Predictably Leftist every time.

All a consequence of Liberal Judges since Roosevelt deliberately misinterpreting the intent of the 14th amendment.    It's  long past time for the nation to say "enough"  with the making up of baloney and calling it "law."   

‘What all the wise men promised has not happened, and what all the damned fools said would happen has come to pass.’
— Lord Melbourne —

Offline TomSea

« Reply #183 on: December 12, 2017, 05:00:16 pm »
Trump beat Hillary by over 28 percentage points in AL. So, there is that weak Republican party. Hey, if Judge Moore wins by less than that or even loses, I won't be looking at the GOP as the problem or blaming Mitch when a number of Republican Senators have made their feelings known as well. We know one Senator gets a pass on this but it also includes Senator Richard Selby of Alabama and others.

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
« Reply #184 on: December 12, 2017, 05:03:38 pm »
Trump beat Hillary by over 28 percentage points in AL. So, there is that weak Republican party. Hey, if Judge Moore wins by less than that or even loses, I won't be looking at the GOP as the problem or blaming Mitch when a number of Republican Senators have made their feelings known as well. We know one Senator gets a pass on this but it also includes Senator Richard Selby of Alabama and others.

I’m sure a lot will be made of the margin of victory, but they will be ignoring the fact voter turnout will be a fraction of what it is during a presidential election.
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #185 on: December 12, 2017, 05:04:30 pm »
Maybe a new Party. If the GOP torpedo the Candidate of choice, who has gone to the wall for the People of Alabma (and lost his job for upholding the State Constitution) in a State where there is still a States' Rights vibe, yet again being told by Washington how they will be governed, the end of the GOP will start in the South.

Don't agree.  He's a highly flawed candidate.  Alabama can do better.  Alabama needs to do better.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline TomSea

« Reply #186 on: December 12, 2017, 05:07:49 pm »
I’m sure a lot will be made of the margin of victory, but they will be ignoring the fact voter turnout will be a fraction of what it is during a presidential election.

Perhaps.

Perhaps it is a special election with the whole country watching as well.

We will see the numbers of voters, I would think it won't be as high but it will be comparable.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #187 on: December 12, 2017, 05:11:18 pm »
Don't agree.  He's a highly flawed candidate.  Alabama can do better.  Alabama needs to do better.

Who the hell are you to tell Alabama how to live?

BTW, you know who the real flawed candidate is in AL? It the guy calling for 5th trimester abortions on demand. Not the guy getting accused of shit that still hasen't been proven.

"And right here is where we doctored some paperwork to corrupt an election."

Offline musiclady

« Reply #188 on: December 12, 2017, 05:16:47 pm »
Who the hell are you to tell Alabama how to live?

BTW, you know who the real flawed candidate is in AL? It the guy calling for 5th trimester abortions on demand. Not the guy getting accused of shit that still hasen't been proven.

I am neither telling the people of Alabama "how to live," nor am I supporting Moore's opponent.

I am saying that Moore is a highly flawed candidate, and the Republican party of Alabama should have known that.

There's no way a Dem should have ANY chance to win in Alabama.

But I do enjoy your over-reactive, angry nonsense, Frank......   you're such a girl sometimes.  :tongue2:

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #189 on: December 12, 2017, 05:21:46 pm »
I am neither telling the people of Alabama "how to live," nor am I supporting Moore's opponent.

I am saying that Moore is a highly flawed candidate, and the Republican party of Alabama should have known that.

There's no way a Dem should have ANY chance to win in Alabama.

But I do enjoy your over-reactive, angry nonsense, Frank......   you're such a girl sometimes.  :tongue2:

@musiclady

I would be interested in knowing why you think he is "highly flawed" if you would be willing to discuss that.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #190 on: December 12, 2017, 05:22:02 pm »
Correction: they COULD have done better.

But right now, they can't. It's down to Roy Moore vs. the Democrat at this point. The fact that Doug Jones affiliates with the Democrats is reason enough not to vote for him. Write-ins and not voting do nothing.

So it comes down to this: do you believe the accusations against Roy Moore, or do you not? Remember, in a political campaign, you can't trust what anyone says. Go by the record. In 40 years of public office where they could have killed his career with this, they didn't. You don't get much more controversial or battle-tested than Roy Moore.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2017, 05:23:48 pm by jmyrlefuller »
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Online Smokin Joe

« Reply #191 on: December 12, 2017, 05:25:21 pm »
If you think a guy who has a couple of people pop up just a few weeks before the election with sketchy and overblown allegations older than most of the people who are voting, but has had a tremendous track record between then and now is a "highly flawed candidate", you haven't looked at the rest. No one, and I mean NO ONE who is put into that candidacy against a Democrat who isn't already a card carrying swamp creature will be spared the combination of media smears and withdrawal of National GOP support.
The Congress critters didn't want Moore, they wanted Strange (and I bet they get a lot of it, but that is another scandal).
If they are in the same vein as McConnell and the rest of the people in DC who aren't doing what they'd said they would, they will still get the media smears, but they might get money and backing from the National GOP.

Neither side wants Moore, because he has demonstrated he will take them to task. They're all afraid he'll peel back the lid on that can of worms, so they will do their damndest to keep him out of office, on BOTH sides of the swamp.

BTW, I heard they're going to wave 'sexual misconduct' allegations at Trump, too, and in his case, there is a far more believable set. It stops here, or it goes on and on, back to the first time some kid figured out that thing was there.

And all this loose talk of removing a man from office who hasn't even been sworn in for something that supposedly happened decades ago? Not one on the Hill would survive if mere allegation of wrongdoing is the standard by which they would be removed.
Lots of glass houses in DC, and a lot of people throwing rocks.

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #192 on: December 12, 2017, 05:31:13 pm »

As with all hypocrites, if Judge Moore is elected and constitutional conservative judges take their seats across the Federal and Supreme Court benches and pro-life policies pass in the US Senate you'll be the first in line at the celebration party.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #193 on: December 12, 2017, 05:32:51 pm »
@musiclady

I would be interested in knowing why you think he is "highly flawed" if you would be willing to discuss that.

I've discussed it already on this thread.

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #194 on: December 12, 2017, 05:33:10 pm »

I do not have to "justify"  it at all.    I do not consider it "wrong"  in any shape form or fashion.   I am a good enough student of history to understand that 30 year old and older men dating teenagers is not remarkable.   It was in fact the norm for much of this nation's history.   

What galls me is how modern day "prudes"  are trying to make it into a "thing."   

I don't have to twist myself into pretzels to justify it because I don't consider it wrong in the first place. 

Well, then, you're in the minority.  Most folks consider it pretty damn sick.   And don't insult the people of Alabama by implying they considered it to be just normal country courtin' 30-40 years ago.   It wasn't.
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline musiclady

« Reply #195 on: December 12, 2017, 05:34:00 pm »
Correction: they COULD have done better.

But right now, they can't. It's down to Roy Moore vs. the Democrat at this point. The fact that Doug Jones affiliates with the Democrats is reason enough not to vote for him. Write-ins and not voting do nothing.

So it comes down to this: do you believe the accusations against Roy Moore, or do you not? Remember, in a political campaign, you can't trust what anyone says. Go by the record. In 40 years of public office where they could have killed his career with this, they didn't. You don't get much more controversial or battle-tested than Roy Moore.

I'm basing my opinion on things other than the recent accusations, and the words that came directly from Moore's mouth.

Online Smokin Joe

« Reply #196 on: December 12, 2017, 05:42:23 pm »
Well, then, you're in the minority.  Most folks consider it pretty damn sick.   And don't insult the people of Alabama by implying they considered it to be just normal country courtin' 30-40 years ago.   It wasn't.
Coming from you, that's a hoot! You think 'buggering' or 'carpet cleaning' neighbors should 'marry' because they're 'normal' folks. If that's what you consider 'normal', your opinion is noted, with a laugh.

Seventeen (HS Senior) year was a time when a lot of eligible young ladies were looking for a Mrs. Degree. Forty years ago they weren't all running off to college to find out how mistreated they had been, and meeting the parents was a mandatory step in courtin' for any respectable folks.

C S Lewis

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #197 on: December 12, 2017, 05:42:47 pm »
@musiclady

Come on now. Roy is a Jesus Freak and that poster is an open Satanist. Don't let her fool you. That avatar of hers is for show.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #198 on: December 12, 2017, 05:42:47 pm »
Well, then, you're in the minority.  Most folks consider it pretty damn sick.   And don't insult the people of Alabama by implying they considered it to be just normal country courtin' 30-40 years ago.  It wasn't.

I didn't know you're from 'Bama, I always thought you were from the North East.

Roll Tide!
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #199 on: December 12, 2017, 05:43:08 pm »

Well, a LOT of states need to 'do better'.