Author Topic: Fox News Poll: Enthused Democrats give Jones[10pt] lead over Moore in Alabama  (Read 10061 times)

Offline DiogenesLamp

Re: Fox News Poll: Enthused Democrats give Jones[10pt] lead over Moore in Alabama
« Reply #150 on: December 12, 2017, 03:07:27 pm »
The charges aren't bullshit;  they are credible to many reasonable people, including many reasonable conservatives.   

I do not believe that at all.   People such as yourself,   who hated Moore anyways,   have seized upon these accusations in an effort to torpedo the election of someone they didn't want anyway. 

Anyone who says the charges are credible has not examined them closely,  nor looked at the opposing evidence against them.   

Moore embarrasses all the socially connected Republicans in the big cities.   They can't stand the thought of having to be in the same party as that "bible thumper"  and so they want to believe any accusations that will justify their opposition to him.   

‘What all the wise men promised has not happened, and what all the damned fools said would happen has come to pass.’
— Lord Melbourne —

Offline Polly Ticks

Re: Fox News Poll: Enthused Democrats give Jones[10pt] lead over Moore in Alabama
« Reply #151 on: December 12, 2017, 03:07:58 pm »
Would you kindly explain to me how my voting for Castle in a state that the popular vote went two to one for Trump, as anticipated, did one goddamned thing to bring that bitch one micron closer to getting those whopping three electoral votes?

It didn't. Hillary lost the state, two to one. All my vote did was help put another Party on the radar (because from what I'm seeing with the GOP, we're going to need one, yesterday.)

If I had persuaded another ten thousand people to vote for my candidate of choice, Trump still would have gotten the electoral votes, which are the ones which count. Effect to bring Hillary closer to the White House? Zero.
She would still not have the electoral votes, which are the only ones which count.

:beer:
Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too. -Yogi Berra

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #152 on: December 12, 2017, 03:09:01 pm »
Hillary Clinton's evil,  Doug Jones is just a Democrat.   I was looking up Richard Shelby's ACU rating earlier, and saw that Mo Brooks has a 92 rating.   That's the kind of conservative I wish the Alabama GOP had nominated. 

This is all unfortunate,  but the GOP will be better served with Roy Moore turned away by the good citizens of his state.   Hell, Trump will be better served if Roy Moore is turned away.   The Dems want Moore elected because he's the means to hang Trump on similar sexual harassment charges.    Why do you think Franken was ditched for engagement in merely sophomoric behavior?  They needed Conyers gone, and the Black Caucus insisted that Franken had to go too.   The Dems want to clean house so they can nail President Trump.
Are you really that naive? The Dems are tossing an ancient to continue his dynasty without baring the details of allegations that would run rings around anything even alleged of Moore, and would be far better documented and actually substantiated. And tossing a clown who is of little political import to try to create some image of being forthright. The Media are tossing out a few fading and other people who will, short of charges being brought and conviction likely just go back to business as usual after the election. Sexual harassment n the media industry is probably the worst kept 'secret' on the planet. They are the Party who had Ted "Chappaquidick" Kennedy, and Grand Poobah Byrd, and so many more criminals in office still, and every time they can point and scream that someone else has a grain of sand on them, they divert attention from the dungheap they inhabit.

This is all jihad against a man who has been very questionably alleged to have, 40 years ago, got 'handy' with a couple of young ladies in claimed heavy petting incidents in which the details just do not fit the testimony of others, and even use forged/altered/fake but accurate autographs to substantiate them.

If Conyers' alleged incidents were brought to light, chances are anything the Dems claim Moore did would pale in comparison. This way, they pass the seat to another Democrat and keep what they really want--power.

Besides, we know the reason you really have it in for Moore, the thing you don't mention is that one time he lost his job was over upholding the Alabama Constitution provisions against homosexual "marriage", in the face of one Federal Judge.

A little note on who gets to MAKE laws. The Legislature is tasked with the writing and approval of proposed law, the Governor signs off on that or vetoes it. The Judiciary's function is to settle disputes, among which are disputes over whether the law is Constitutional. The Judiciary is neither tasked with nor empowered to write or pass laws. That is not their job. All they can do is to rule whether the law is being followed. Eighty one percent of the voters in Alabama approved the Amendment ot the Alabama Constitution which declared that marriage is to ONLY be between one man and one woman. That made that Constitutional Amendment take effect, by a landslide (over 4:1, in favor). That follows the procedures for a Constitutional Amendment in Alabama, and is, in fact, law.

Moore upheld the law. Plain and simple. For that, he lost the job he had which was to uphold the law.

In my opinion, his losing his job over that is a plus for Moore, not a deficit. I frankly feel the same way about a monument to the Ten Commandments which in no way violated the US Constitution: no religion was established as a State Religion, and especially not at the Federal Level.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline WingNot

• Resident TBR Curmudgeon
« Reply #153 on: December 12, 2017, 03:13:48 pm »
Besides, we know the reason you really have it in for Moore, the thing you don't mention is that one time he lost his job was over upholding the Alabama Constitution provisions against homosexual "marriage", in the face of one Federal Judge.

Bingo!  If you don't worship at the church of Faggotry, Jazz will be all up in your face pushing his agenda and calling you a bigot etc.....
"I'm a man, but I changed, because I had to. Oh well."

Online Hoodat

« Reply #154 on: December 12, 2017, 03:15:13 pm »
Would you kindly explain to me how my voting for Castle in a state that the popular vote went two to one for Trump, as anticipated, did one goddamned thing to bring that bitch one micron closer to getting those whopping three electoral votes?

It didn't. Hillary lost the state, two to one. All my vote did was help put another Party on the radar (because from what I'm seeing with the GOP, we're going to need one, yesterday.)

If I had persuaded another ten thousand people to vote for my candidate of choice, Trump still would have gotten the electoral votes, which are the ones which count. Effect to bring Hillary closer to the White House? Zero.
She would still not have the electoral votes, which are the only ones which count.

So pack up that lie in your old kit bag and sit on it, hard. That's enough of that egregious bullshit.

Ditto.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Offline skeeter

« Reply #155 on: December 12, 2017, 03:17:49 pm »
Bingo!  If you don't worship at the church of Faggotry, Jazz will be all up in your face pushing his agenda and calling you a bigot etc.....

I just wonder why we all continue to reply to the same damn discredited canards & slogans, day after day.

Thank goodness the election is today.

Online Hoodat

« Reply #156 on: December 12, 2017, 03:18:15 pm »
@Jazzhead
When Moore votes for Trump's SCOTUS picks, you'll be glad that Jones didn't win that seat.

@dfwgator

No, he wont.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Offline DiogenesLamp

« Reply #157 on: December 12, 2017, 03:24:03 pm »

Moore upheld the law. Plain and simple. For that, he lost the job he had which was to uphold the law.

I will point out something that I assumed Jazzhead knew,   but perhaps he did not.   

The directive from the Federal court enjoined the Secretary of State of Alabama.    It did not enjoin the Alabama Judiciary.   As a result,   Moore was within the letter of the law to order lower courts to refuse to go along with the order from the Federal Judge,  because those courts were not named as being instructed to do anything.   

The person that was named,  (Alabama Secretary of State)   had no authority to compel Alabama courts to do anything,   because the Judiciary of Alabama does not answer to the Secretary of state,  they answer to the Chief Justice of the Alabama Supreme Court,   which was Roy Moore.   

So in fact,  Moore was following the letter of the law precisely.    It is not his fault that the Federal court made a stupid procedural mistake in writing out their order.   (Beyond the other obvious "mistake"  of saying Homosexual marriage is a "legal"  thing." )   

Roy Moore was following "the law",   even by the goofy standards of JazzHead.   

@Jazzhead
‘What all the wise men promised has not happened, and what all the damned fools said would happen has come to pass.’
— Lord Melbourne —

Online Hoodat

« Reply #158 on: December 12, 2017, 03:24:51 pm »

In my opinion, his losing his job over that is a plus for Moore, not a deficit. I frankly feel the same way about a monument to the Ten Commandments which in no way violated the US Constitution: no religion was established as a State Religion, and especially not at the Federal Level.

Bingo.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #159 on: December 12, 2017, 03:25:58 pm »

I do not believe that at all.   People such as yourself,   who hated Moore anyways,   have seized upon these accusations in an effort to torpedo the election of someone they didn't want anyway. 

He already admitted he doesn't give a rip about the allegations against Moore, they are just the vehicle he's using to get stupid conservatives to vote against Moore.   It's why we don't see @INVAR weighing in anymore.  There's no point.

The election today will end nothing.  Too much water has spilled over the dam.  People have been called unprincipled supporters of a pervert and they're not going to forget that.  People have been accused of being Democrats in sheep's clothing and are suckers for falling for the last-minute attack, and they're not going to forget that either.

Nobody is going to let anybody forget the slights of the past month.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline musiclady

« Reply #160 on: December 12, 2017, 03:27:08 pm »

So pack up that lie in your old kit bag and sit on it, hard. That's enough of that egregious bullshit.

Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #161 on: December 12, 2017, 03:27:38 pm »
If Moore loses, then perhaps the Republicans in Alabama should try to come up with a better candidate next time around.
Maybe a new Party. If the GOP torpedo the Candidate of choice, who has gone to the wall for the People of Alabma (and lost his job for upholding the State Constitution) in a State where there is still a States' Rights vibe, yet again being told by Washington how they will be governed, the end of the GOP will start in the South.

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #162 on: December 12, 2017, 03:30:57 pm »

@Emjay

This is all correct Emjay, if Trump stands up for Israel, the right to life and other fine acts, these people have little to nothing to do with it.  It works both ways.

Offline TomSea

« Reply #163 on: December 12, 2017, 03:32:40 pm »
Maybe a new Party. If the GOP torpedo the Candidate of choice, who has gone to the wall for the People of Alabma (and lost his job for upholding the State Constitution) in a State where there is still a States' Rights vibe, yet again being told by Washington how they will be governed, the end of the GOP will start in the South.

3rd party, that's the ticket.

:silly:

Of course, we don't hear criticisms of some senators who pulled their endorsements of Moore. Another knee-slapper.

Offline TomSea

« Reply #164 on: December 12, 2017, 03:34:28 pm »

Anyone who says the charges are credible has not examined them closely,  nor looked at the opposing evidence against them.   

Moore embarrasses all the socially connected Republicans in the big cities.   They can't stand the thought of having to be in the same party as that "bible thumper"  and so they want to believe any accusations that will justify their opposition to him.

Yeah, and one has to twist themselves into pretzels to justify 32 year old men dating teenagers; just the way it is.

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #165 on: December 12, 2017, 03:36:34 pm »
Kasich?  They guy who quit his bid to become President immediately after Cruz did?   Giving the impression he was only trying to stop Cruz
The GOPe didn't want Cruz or Trump, but Cruz would have been to them more serious as a threat. Kasich was there to split the non-Trump vote.

C S Lewis

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #166 on: December 12, 2017, 03:43:34 pm »
The directive from the Federal court enjoined the Secretary of State of Alabama.    It did not enjoin the Alabama Judiciary.   As a result,   Moore was within the letter of the law to order lower courts to refuse to go along with the order from the Federal Judge,  because those courts were not named as being instructed to do anything.   

Roy Moore was following "the law",   even by the goofy standards of JazzHead.   

Doesn't matter.  To him, it's not a question of law, it's a question of bigotry.  Moore didn't find for the Constitution of his state, he found for bigotry.  If you agree with Roy Moore, you are a bigot too, and a stoopit hayseed to boot.

It's just like the gays suing the cake maker.  Doesn't matter what the law is, gotta get on the right side of history.  Oh sure, he claims it's law, but he can't point at the Constitution where his view is supported.  Instead, he'll heap a bunch of legal precedent to make his point, as if Judges are supreme to the Constitution.  They are the ones who give it weight and heft, not the people.

There, as with this Moore matter, he demonstrates one of the finer points of Lawyering:  If the facts are on your side, pound the facts.  If the Law is on your side, pound the Law.  If neither are on your side, pound the table.  Jazz has been pounding this table for as long as I can remember, and the actual topic of discussion is not relevant.  The tactic is the same. 

Gay wedding cakes, abortions on demand, gun control and now Roy Moore.  Predictably Leftist every time.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline aligncare

« Reply #167 on: December 12, 2017, 03:51:39 pm »

For the republicans/conservatives of Alabama it comes down to this; sanctity of life versus sanctity of women’s bodies – which is an impossible, illogical dichotomy to reconcile, to be sure, but that’s what it boils down to. A vote for Moore falls on the side of life. To consider making a vote for Jones should be out of the question for thinking conservatives.

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #168 on: December 12, 2017, 03:57:43 pm »
For the republicans/conservatives of Alabama it comes down to this; sanctity of life versus sanctity of women’s bodies – which is an impossible, illogical dichotomy to reconcile, to be sure, but that’s what it boils down to. A vote for Moore falls on the side of life. To consider making a vote for Jones should be out of the question for thinking conservatives.
No, it's even more basic. It comes down to believing 11th hour 40 year ago allegations from shaky sources with heavy Liberal political ties, or voting for the sanctity of life. It isn't even close.

C S Lewis

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #169 on: December 12, 2017, 04:04:26 pm »
No, it's even more basic. It comes down to believing 11th hour 40 year ago allegations from shaky sources with heavy Liberal political ties, or voting for the sanctity of life. It isn't even close.

For me, it's even more simple than that.  It comes down to do we continue to allow the Washington elites and the media to choose our representatives for us or not?
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
« Reply #170 on: December 12, 2017, 04:06:46 pm »
Wasnt the election last night?  Why is it taking so long to announce the winner?
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Online Hoodat

« Reply #171 on: December 12, 2017, 04:08:51 pm »
It is today.

Offline aligncare

« Reply #173 on: December 12, 2017, 04:10:11 pm »

No doubt.

But I deliberately left that part out of the equation because it is so patently obvious we were subjected to yet another October surprise – scheduled for November. Most Alabamans aren’t falling for it this late in the season.

Online Hoodat

« Reply #174 on: December 12, 2017, 04:11:01 pm »
I can't see the voters of Alabama electing a candidate who supports third-trimester abortion.