Author Topic: Fox News Poll: Enthused Democrats give Jones[10pt] lead over Moore in Alabama  (Read 9975 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Fox News Poll: Enthused Democrats give Jones lead over Moore in Alabama
Dana Blanton
By Dana Blanton | Fox News

Democrat Doug Jones holds a 10-point lead over Republican Roy Moore among likely voters in deep red Alabama.

Greater party loyalty plus higher interest in the election among Democrats combined with more enthusiasm among Jones supporters gives him the advantage in the race to fill the U.S. senate seat previously held by U.S. Attorney General Jeff Sessions.

That’s according to a Fox News Poll of Alabama voters conducted Thursday through Sunday using traditional polling techniques, including a list-based probability sample with both landlines and cellphones.

more
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2017/12/11/fox-news-poll-enthused-democrats-give-jones-lead-over-moore-in-alabama.html
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
That’s according to a Fox News Poll of Alabama voters conducted Thursday through Sunday using traditional polling techniques....

Like getting permission from the mothers before asking the 16 year olds poll questions.
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline cato potatoe

The result will be crap either way.  I don't blame them for being indecisive. 

Offline MajorClay

Not gonna happen, 10 pts the other way maybe.

Offline Frank Cannon

A weekend poll? Bleh.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Alabama Senator Richard Selby said he wrote in another Republican's name.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2017/12/11/shelby-says-alabama-can-do-better-than-elect-moore-in-last-minute-push.html

Mike Gallagher mentioned this poll this morning. The Fox polls have seemed a bit consistent in showing Moore behind.

The Gravis poll which seemed fairly weighed per Ds and Rs; showed Moore behind last week but their most recent poll had Moore pulling ahead by about 4 points.

So, Gravis might be the one, one might at least want to look at if one is interested in this race.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2017, 04:37:56 pm by TomSea »

Offline dfwgator

:mauslaff:

Offline DiogenesLamp

Same childish idiocy we find being promoted here.   No,  this cup is not going to pass before you.  No,  there is no "third choice." 

You pick one,  or you pick the other,  and you are going to get one,  or you are going to get the other.   

People who are squeamish should probably just stay out of politics. 

‘What all the wise men promised has not happened, and what all the damned fools said would happen has come to pass.’
— Lord Melbourne —

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2017/12/11/shelby-says-alabama-can-do-better-than-elect-moore-in-last-minute-push.html

Mike Gallagher mentioned this poll this morning. The Fox polls have seemed a bit consistent in showing Moore behind.

The Gravis poll which seemed fairly weighed per Ds and Rs; showed Moore behind last week but their most recent poll had Moore pulling ahead by about 4 points.

So, Gravis might be the one, one might at least want to look at if one is interested in this race.

RCP includes both Fox and Gravis in their average, along with others and have it Moore +2.5.  The Fox poll has Jones at 50, Moore at 40, and 10 undecided.  Pretty unlikely any of the 10 vote for Jones.  I doubt a significant portion vote write-in.  Their margin is 3, so they probably end up in the same place as RCP when all is said and done, anyway.
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter

Right on, Senator Shelby!    And to hell with the evangelicals who've expended their moral authority pimping for this lawless clown.   It is never wrong to vote for what's right, rather than for what is expedient.   Moore will be hung around the GOP's neck like a burning tire.   Voters of Alabama,  take your cue from Senator Shelby and vote NONE OF THE ABOVE.   
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline cato potatoe

Same childish idiocy we find being promoted here.   No,  this cup is not going to pass before you.  No,  there is no "third choice." 

You pick one,  or you pick the other,  and you are going to get one,  or you are going to get the other.   

If you take him at his word, he considered both options and decided he could live with either, though he would prefer neither.

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
Right on, Senator Shelby!    And to hell with the evangelicals who've expended their moral authority pimping for this lawless clown.   It is never wrong to vote for what's right, rather than for what is expedient.   Moore will be hung around the GOP's neck like a burning tire.   Voters of Alabama,  take your cue from Senator Shelby and vote NONE OF THE ABOVE.   

@Jazzhead

yeah vote for the guy who supports killing babies and stealing peoples money to continue the welfare state.  Cause thats RIGHT!
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Offline Applewood

Was just reading an article that says this election is too hard to predict.  So the polls are really meaningless. 

Offline dfwgator

Was just reading an article that says this election is too hard to predict.  So the polls are really meaningless.

All about ratings.   If they said that Moore is going to win in a walk, nobody would tune in.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵

Looks like you might get your wish.  A liberal Democrat pro-abortion Senator in a normally Republican state. 
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
Looks like you might get your wish.  A liberal Democrat pro-abortion Senator in a normally Republican state.

It's not "my wish".    The Alabama GOP had the time and the means to dump this clown.   They chose to stick with him.   You reap what you sow.   

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp

So true.  How unrealistic can some people get.  And yet, we find people here still bragging about not voting for Trump and earnestly claiming that this did not mean they supported Hillary.

They cannot face the fact that they did, in fact, support Hillary by voting for Mickey Mouse or not voting.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
It's not "my wish".    The Alabama GOP had the time and the means to dump this clown.   They chose to stick with him.   You reap what you sow.

Meanwhile your lie that you're a "Conservative Republican" becomes less and less tenable.  I'm rather enjoying this.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
@Jazzhead

yeah vote for the guy who supports killing babies and stealing peoples money to continue the welfare state.  Cause thats RIGHT!

Well Jones is certainly the candidate that best fits Jazz's belief system.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2017, 06:08:02 pm by txradioguy »
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline cato potatoe

Yep and that would explain why they are all over the place.  The pollsters have to make a lot of assumptions in a special election.  This one is extra special. 

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
@Jazzhead

I'm saying to do what Sen. Shelby did - vote for neither, write in Mr. Brooks.   And don't blame him, or me, or anyone else who's been warning the Alabama GOP for weeks and months now about this fool.   

And once you've decided to become a political prostitute, and set the price for the loss of your good name,  don't think you can just reclaim it after the election.   It's done, it's gone.   

Offline Restored

• TBR Advisory Committee
If the polls have Moore winning by 5 points and the Democrats use voter fraud to get Jones to win by 2 points, the media looks like idiots. So they factor in the voter fraud.
Countdown to Resignation

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
Meanwhile your lie that you're a "Conservative Republican" becomes less and less tenable.  I'm rather enjoying this.

Senator Shelby is a Conservative Republican, and he's willing to do the right thing.   

And don't you dare suggest that it's "conservative" to prostitute your good name. 

Offline Applewood

So true.  How unrealistic can some people get.  And yet, we find people here still bragging about not voting for Trump and earnestly claiming that this did not mean they supported Hillary.

They cannot face the fact that they did, in fact, support Hillary by voting for Mickey Mouse or not voting.

Hey, I didn't brag.  If anything I'm ashamed that two parties couldn't come up with better choices.  We had a choice between a lying, crooked, incompetent bitch and a lying, selfish fraud with the maturity of a 2-year old.  To me that wasn't much of a choice. 

And for the umpteenth time, that story of supporting Hillary by not voting for the fraud is bogus.

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
Well Jones is certainly the candidate that best fits Jazz's belief system.

And Senator Shelby's too?