Author Topic: Marine Colonel Announces He’s Running Against Roy Moore: ‘Hold My Beer’  (Read 13358 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Marine Colonel Announces He’s Running Against Roy Moore: ‘Hold My Beer’
James LaPorta11.27.17 12:59 PM ET

When retired Marine Col. Lee Busby read it was too late for a write-in candidate for the Alabama senate race, he said, “Hold my beer, we will just see about that.” 

Busby told The Daily Beast on Monday he is launching his long-shot bid to stop Republican nominee Roy Moore from reaching the Senate.

“I have no idea if the allegations against him true or not, but I don’t see anything within his experience as a judge that qualifies him for the job.”

Read more at: https://www.thedailybeast.com/marine-col-lee-busby-announces-hes-running-against-roy-moore

Offline WingNot

• Resident TBR Curmudgeon
Meanwhile in Dothan...

"I'm a man, but I changed, because I had to. Oh well."

Offline kevindavis007

At least Busby has something that Moore doesn't have.. Character.
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/

Offline WingNot

• Resident TBR Curmudgeon
At least Busby has something that Moore doesn't have.. Character.

You are wrong about that...The Judge is a character.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2017, 07:56:20 pm by WineNot »
"I'm a man, but I changed, because I had to. Oh well."

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
and what qualifies the Col any more then Moore?

Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member

At this point, what difference does it make?

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
At this point, what difference does it make?

The obvious Hillary quote comes to mind, but The Smiths seemed to fit as well....

What Difference Does It Make

All men have secrets and here is mine so let it be known
For we have been through hell and high tide
I think I can rely on you
And yet you start to recoil
Heavy words are so lightly thrown
But still I'd leap in front of a flying bullet for you

So what difference does it make?
So what difference does it make?
It makes none, but now you have gone
And you must be looking very old tonight

The devil will find work for idle hands to do
I stole and I lied, and why? because you asked me to
But now you make me feel so ashamed
Because I've only got two hands
Well, I'm still fond of you
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline DiogenesLamp

Saw this comment over at Instapundit. 

Scott Daly • 35 minutes ago

Defense consultant and investment banker - in other words, Swamp Dependent.

Reply• Share ›

https://pjmedia.com/instapundit/281836/#respond
‘What all the wise men promised has not happened, and what all the damned fools said would happen has come to pass.’
— Lord Melbourne —

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
Seems like a pretty real guy.  Not some phony like Moore.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline To-Whose-Benefit?

• Wulf Anson Author
Two drinks and every man's a hero.
My 'Viking Hunter' High Adventure Alternate History Series is FREE, ALL 3 volumes, at most ebook retailers including Ibooks, Barnes and Noble, Kobo, and more.

In Vol 2 the weapons come out in a winner take all war on two fronts.

Vol 3 opens with the rigged murder trial of the villain in a Viking Court under Viking law to set the stage for the hero's own murder trial.

http://wulfanson.blogspot.com

Silver Pines

@driftdiver

Well, the obvious answer is that the Colonel isn’t a child sex abuser.  Definitely a plus.

• Wulf Anson Author
@driftdiver

Well, the obvious answer is that the Colonel isn’t a child sex abuser.  Definitely a plus.

And you have proof of that how?

And you have proof that Roy Moore is, how?
My 'Viking Hunter' High Adventure Alternate History Series is FREE, ALL 3 volumes, at most ebook retailers including Ibooks, Barnes and Noble, Kobo, and more.

Vol 3 opens with the rigged murder trial of the villain in a Viking Court under Viking law to set the stage for the hero's own murder trial.

Silver Pines

And you have proof of that how?

And you have proof that Roy Moore is, how?

@To-Whose-Benefit?

You haven’t been paying attention.

• Wulf Anson Author
@To-Whose-Benefit?

You haven’t been paying attention.

@CatherineofAragon

Got plenty of attention. Ain't got Proof.

If Moore's guilty of a chargeable crime, and the proof exists to indict him, then drag him in.

Otherwise, quit feeding the Dems fantasies.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2017, 01:18:04 pm by To-Whose-Benefit? »

• Wulf Anson Author

Good question.

Moore's a judge: his JOB is to know the law, day in, day out.

Congress MAKES Laws, day in, day out.

How much of the Cols' time has been spent with his dance card brim filled up with a similar amount of The Law?

Silver Pines

@CatherineofAragon

Got plenty of attention. Ain't got Proof.

If Moore's guilty of a chargeable crime, and the proof exists to indict him, then drag him in.

Otherwise, quit feeding the Dems fantasies.

@To-Whose-Benefit?

Look, you’ve put on your blinders and I’m not going to argue with you because at this point Moore could admit to the charges and some would still want him in office.   It’s going to be really interesting when he sponsors Bring Your Daughter To Work Day in the Senate, lol. 

Silver Pines

Good question.

Congress MAKES Laws, day in, day out.

How much of the Cols' time has been spent with his dance card brim filled up with a similar amount of The Law?

@To-Whose-Benefit?

Probably less than Moore’s dance card brim, whatever that is, was filled with hanging in mall corners.

• Wulf Anson Author
@To-Whose-Benefit?

Look, you’ve put on your blinders and I’m not going to argue with you because at this point Moore could admit to the charges and some would still want him in office.   It’s going to be really interesting when he sponsors Bring Your Daughter To Work Day in the Senate, lol.

Your not going to argue with me BECAUSE you haven't provided/can't provide any of the PROOF I asked for, but I'M the one with Blinders ON?

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter

Good question.

Moore's not a judge, he's a mockery of one.  He was removed from office twice by the State of Alabama for violating his oath of office.   I can only hope the citizens of Alabama are patriotic enough to refuse to give him a third chance to violate his oath.   

It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Silver Pines

Your not going to argue with me BECAUSE you haven't provided/can't provide any of the PROOF I asked for, but I'M the one with Blinders ON?

@To-Whose-Benefit?

Why don’t you calm down and stop yelling.

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter

There is no presumption of innocence attached to a candidate's run for political office.  The voters are being asked to exercise their common sense, not render a legal verdict.  Do you believe Roy Moore or his accusers?   Trust your gut, trust your instincts.    There will be no "proof" of the sort you demand prior to the election.  Nevertheless,  it is up to the people of Alabama to enable or deny the political ambitions of a lawless hypocrite.   
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

• Wulf Anson Author

@To-Whose-Benefit?

Why don’t you calm down and stop yelling.

At least you're in good and well respected company here, with Jazzy taking your side.

Offline Frank Cannon

I hear from anonymous unnamed sources that this Colonel is into middle aged goats. He may be a better fit for the voters of Alabama.

Silver Pines

At least you're in good and well respected company here, with Jazzy taking your side.

@To-Whose-Benefit?

Says the guy defending a sexual deviant.

You don’t understand, I don’t post according to who’s “on my side” or to win a popularity contest.   If it’s right, it doesn’t matter who recognizes it as such.

That’s something conservatives have lost sight of in the rush to embrace stupid tribalism.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
There is no presumption of innocence attached to a candidate's run for political office.  The voters are being asked to exercise their common sense, not render a legal verdict.  Do you believe Roy Moore or his accusers?   Trust your gut, trust your instincts.    There will be no "proof" of the sort you demand prior to the election.  Nevertheless,  it is up to the people of Alabama to enable or deny the political ambitions of a lawless hypocrite.

@Jazzhead, I agree with everything you said here, up to "lawless hypocrite".  My gut tells me that's not true.