Author Topic: Marine Colonel Announces He’s Running Against Roy Moore: ‘Hold My Beer’  (Read 13366 times)

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
@driftdiver

Well, the obvious answer is that the Colonel isn’t a child sex abuser.  Definitely a plus.

@CatherineofAragon
Well actually you don't know that now do you. 
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Offline To-Whose-Benefit?

• Wulf Anson Author
@To-Whose-Benefit?

Says the guy defending a sexual deviant.

You don’t understand, I don’t post according to who’s “on my side” or to win a popularity contest.   If it’s right, it doesn’t matter who recognizes it as such.

That’s something conservatives have lost sight of in the rush to embrace stupid tribalism.

Where's the $27K of tax payer hush money to a victim? (Conyers)

Where's the pics of him groping a sleeping woman's breasts? (Franken)

Proof?
My 'Viking Hunter' High Adventure Alternate History Series is FREE, ALL 3 volumes, at most ebook retailers including Ibooks, Barnes and Noble, Kobo, and more.

In Vol 2 the weapons come out in a winner take all war on two fronts.

Vol 3 opens with the rigged murder trial of the villain in a Viking Court under Viking law to set the stage for the hero's own murder trial.

http://wulfanson.blogspot.com

Offline driftdiver

At least you're in good and well respected company here, with Jazzy taking your side.

@To-Whose-Benefit?
Don't often see the word 'respected' used in that manner.

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
@CatherineofAragon

True,  we don't know whether the Colonel is a child sex abuser.  But we DO know that multiple women have come forward on the record to recount instances of inappropriate sexual behavior when they were teenagers and Moore was an officer of the court.

It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
@Jazzhead, I agree with everything you said here, up to "lawless hypocrite".  My gut tells me that's not true.

Roy Moore's entire life is a testimony against the lie!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline driftdiver

True,  we don't know whether the Colonel is a child sex abuser.  But we DO know that multiple women have come forward on the record to recount instances of inappropriate sexual behavior when they were teenagers and Moore was an officer of the court.

@Jazzhead
You use all kinds of trigger words related to Moore, deviant, indefensible, sexual abuse and so on.

All we know is there are 40 yr old allegations that Moore, as a man in his mid 30's, chased girls who were 16-17 years old.   We have no proof, in fact we have proof that at least one of these women had reason to seek revenge upon Moore and that many or her statements don't hold up to scrutiny.

Is a 35yr old man dating a 16 year old normal?  no  Is it proper?  no     Is it illegal?  again no   Is it sexual abuse?  no   Is it deviant?  No

Good thing for you Moore isn't like James Woods or you would be in court by now for slander.

Offline skeeter

@driftdiver

Well, the obvious answer is that the Colonel isn’t a child sex abuser.  Definitely a plus.

@CatherineofAragon

And he's honest enough to admit he doesn't know if the charges against Moore are true. Another plus.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
Roy Moore's entire life is a testimony against the lie!

That may be true.  I'm glad I don't have to make that decision.

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
@Jazzhead, I agree with everything you said here, up to "lawless hypocrite".  My gut tells me that's not true.

I understand.  My primary objection to Roy Moore is his violation of his oath of office on two occasions.   That's where the "lawless" charge comes from.   To me, adherence to the rule of law is what distinguishes us a Constitutional Republic. 

Offline jpsb

Moore's not a judge, he's a mockery of one.  He was removed from office twice by the State of Alabama for violating his oath of office.   I can only hope the citizens of Alabama are patriotic enough to refuse to give him a third chance to violate his oath.

Anyone willing, no make that eager, to ruin a man reputation and career based on 40 year
old allegations make without a shred of evidence is disqualified from any discussion on the
law.

Any thinking person without a agenda sees this smear Roy Moore job for what it is. Gutter
electioneering by the establishment desperate to keep power.

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
@Jazzhead
You use all kinds of trigger words related to Moore, deviant, indefensible, sexual abuse and so on.

All we know is there are 40 yr old allegations that Moore, as a man in his mid 30's, chased girls who were 16-17 years old.   We have no proof, in fact we have proof that at least one of these women had reason to seek revenge upon Moore and that many or her statements don't hold up to scrutiny.

Use your common sense to evaluate the credibility of the charges, and whether, if true, they matter respecting his fitness for office. 

For me,  Moore is unfit for office because he's already violated his oath of office on two occasions, effectively thumbing his nose at the Constitution.  That's not the sort of man that deserves election to the Senate - whether or not he trolled for teenagers at the mall.   

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
Anyone willing, no make that eager, to ruin a man reputation and career based on 40 year
old allegations make without a shred of evidence is disqualified from any discussion on the
law.

Any thinking person without a agenda sees this smear Roy Moore job for what it is. Gutter

I don't want to ruin his career.   But I sure as hell don't want him in the Senate.   Some may reach that conclusion based on the allegations of his sexual misconduct from many years ago.  Others will reach that conclusion on the basis of his lawless conduct as a judge.   

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
law.

And anyone who equates what Roy Moore did as a Judge with violating his oath of office is either astoundingly stupid or has a very leftist agenda!

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline jpsb

I understand.  My primary objection to Roy Moore is his violation of his oath of office on two occasions.   That's where the "lawless" charge comes from.   To me, adherence to the rule of law is what distinguishes us a Constitutional Republic.

When government laws run afoul of G*ds laws then one has to choose. G*ds law or
mans law? Same sex marriage is immoral, evil, an abomination. People of faith will never
recognize same sex marriage as marriage. And abortion is murder unless it is done to
safe the life of the mother.

Offline To-Whose-Benefit?

• Wulf Anson Author
@To-Whose-Benefit?
Don't often see the word 'respected' used in that manner.

Well, I was asked to stop shouting, so, . . .

888high58888
My 'Viking Hunter' High Adventure Alternate History Series is FREE, ALL 3 volumes, at most ebook retailers including Ibooks, Barnes and Noble, Kobo, and more.

In Vol 2 the weapons come out in a winner take all war on two fronts.

Vol 3 opens with the rigged murder trial of the villain in a Viking Court under Viking law to set the stage for the hero's own murder trial.

http://wulfanson.blogspot.com

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
When government laws run afoul of G*ds laws then one has to choose. G*ds law or
mans law? Same sex marriage is immoral, evil, an abomination. People of faith will never
recognize same sex marriage as marriage. And abortion is murder unless it is done to
safe the life of the mother.

And I do believe that Judge Moore was a Judge in the STATE of Alabama and was acting as an advocate for his STATE against federal overreaches in every instance!  In other words, he was actually UPHOLDING his oath of office!

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
@To-Whose-Benefit?

That’s something conservatives have lost sight of in the rush to embrace stupid tribalism.

Its those dastardly nevertrumpers I tell ya.  :silly:

Silver Pines

@CatherineofAragon

And he's honest enough to admit he doesn't know if the charges against Moore are true. Another plus.

@skeeter

Neither did I when the accusations came out.  I decided to wait for more information, and when it came out, I made my decision. 

Silver Pines

@CatherineofAragon

@driftdiver

I’m pretty confident that he is.

Offline skeeter

@skeeter

Neither did I when the accusations came out.  I decided to wait for more information, and when it came out, I made my decision.

But this guy hasn't reached the same conclusion as you have. He says he doesn't know. Doesn't that indicate that he's morally defective?

Online corbe

Yes, I considered the source and what Bannon/Trumpbart have invested in Judge Moore.

Never Trump Plant in Alabama: ‘Write In’ Against Conservative Roy Moore Attended Liberal Dem Doug Jones Fundraiser

by Sean Moran27 Nov 2017

Busby, a retired Marine colonel and former aide to White House Chief of Staff John Kelly, announced on Monday that he will launch a last-minute write-in campaign against Republican nominee Alabama Judge Roy Moore and Democrat Doug Jones.

Busby admitted that he attended a fundraiser for Doug Jones and even voted for Ohio governor and infamous public eater John Kasich in 2016 Republican presidential primary.

Lee Busby argued that the allegations of sexual misconduct against Roy Moore created an opening for an establishment, centrist candidate to launch a third-party run for the December 12 Alabama Senate race.

<..snip..>

http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2017/11/27/never-trump-plant-in-alabama-write-in-against-conservative-roy-moore-attended-liberal-dem-doug-jones-fundraiser/
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline jpsb

But this guy hasn't reached the same conclusion as you have. He says he doesn't know. Doesn't that indicate that he's morally defective?

I think you have a point there @skeeter.

Offline jpsb

Yes, I considered the source and what Bannon/Trumpbart have invested in Judge Moore.

A nevertrumper no wonder @CatherineofAragon likes him. Good info, thx.

Online Right_in_Virginia

Never Trump Plant in Alabama: ‘Write In’ Against Conservative Roy Moore Attended Liberal Dem Doug Jones Fundraiser

by Sean Moran27 Nov 2017

Busby, a retired Marine colonel and former aide to White House Chief of Staff John Kelly, announced on Monday that he will launch a last-minute write-in campaign against Republican nominee Alabama Judge Roy Moore and Democrat Doug Jones.

Busby admitted that he attended a fundraiser for Doug Jones and even voted for Ohio governor and infamous public eater John Kasich in 2016 Republican presidential primary.

Lee Busby argued that the allegations of sexual misconduct against Roy Moore created an opening for an establishment, centrist candidate to launch a third-party run for the December 12 Alabama Senate race.

<..snip..>

http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2017/11/27/never-trump-plant-in-alabama-write-in-against-conservative-roy-moore-attended-liberal-dem-doug-jones-fundraiser/

Good find!   :thumbsup2:

I suspect anyone who chooses the write-in option wasn't ever a Moore supporter. 

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
Good find!   :thumbsup2:

I suspect anyone who chooses the write-in option wasn't ever a Moore supporter.

Why would you suspect that?