Author Topic: Marine Colonel Announces He’s Running Against Roy Moore: ‘Hold My Beer’  (Read 13365 times)

Offline DiogenesLamp

Oh brother?

A Tale of two brothers.

Washington Post Editor (the one that has been running these stories)  brother went to Prison and was fined $50,000.00 by Roy Moore for contempt. 

Crazy clown hair former cop has sons and a brother in the drug business,  and Moore Prosecuted and convicted her brother. 

‘What all the wise men promised has not happened, and what all the damned fools said would happen has come to pass.’
— Lord Melbourne —

Offline Frank Cannon

A Tale of two brothers.

Washington Post Editor (the one that has been running these stories)  brother went to Prison and was fined $50,000.00 by Roy Moore for contempt. 

Crazy clown hair former cop has sons and a brother in the drug business,  and Moore Prosecuted and convicted her brother.

Well it seems to me that Roy ought to find a few nickles and run ads saying as much so the voters know. Since it is Alabama, I would guess passing out fliers at the nearest Golden Corral or Waffle House would be the best bet.

Offline roamer_1

A Tale of two brothers.

Wait. Don't be messing this up with FACTS.
All you need to know is the seriousness of the charge, and that all the players are credible, and that sexually abused women MUST be given the benefit of the doubt - No matter what...

So what does this news have to do with anything?

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter

I favor virtue,  but when it becomes apparent that it won't carry the day,  I turn to pragmatism. 

Without a possibility of winning,  virtue becomes the enemy of success. 

The cause is more important than it's champions.   

Be careful what you wish for.   Roy Moore in the Senate won't advance the cause, he will discredit it.  Evangelicals who back him have been exposed as hypocrites with diminished moral authority.   Republicans who denounced Bill Clinton but defend Roy Moore have been exposed as hypocrites with diminished moral authority. 

The Democrats will be far happier to see Roy Moore win than to see him defeated.  In the Senate,  he will tarnish the GOP generally and be a catalyst for Democrat fund-raising and attack ads claiming - with justification - that  Republicans are unsympathetic to women.   Remember - and this is critically important - Moore's accusers are multiple in number and ON THE RECORD.   

Like it or not, the reputation of a cause is part and parcel of the reputation of its champions.  As @musiclady says in her sig line - character still matters, it always matters.

This election is, at root, a character test.  Will Alabama and national Republicans/conservatives/evangelicals pass it?   And what will be the consequences if we don't? 

Be careful what you wish for.   
« Last Edit: November 30, 2017, 01:26:27 pm by Jazzhead »
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline To-Whose-Benefit?

• Wulf Anson Author

I just want to take a minute to thank Matt Lauer for removing the spotlight from me, however briefly.....

Since I've seen Moore and the voters of his State insulted here, for the way he Dresses, as their want to be Senator, . . . .

Hartford Ct for years prided itself on being 'The Insurance Capital of The World'

Would that have anything to do with why this guy looks like an Insurance Salesman?

http://freebeacon.com/blog/democratic-senator-appears-to-want-kids-to-smoke/
My 'Viking Hunter' High Adventure Alternate History Series is FREE, ALL 3 volumes, at most ebook retailers including Ibooks, Barnes and Noble, Kobo, and more.

In Vol 2 the weapons come out in a winner take all war on two fronts.

Vol 3 opens with the rigged murder trial of the villain in a Viking Court under Viking law to set the stage for the hero's own murder trial.

http://wulfanson.blogspot.com

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
Be careful what you wish for.   Roy Moore in the Senate won't advance the cause, he will discredit it.  Evangelicals who back him have been exposed as hypocrites with diminished moral authority.   Republicans who denounced Bill Clinton but defend Roy Moore have been exposed as hypocrites with diminished moral authority.

You stating such is akin to Satan stating Jesus is a hypocrite and has diminished moral authority because He supported Saul of Tarsus.

Lecturing us about 'moral authority' given your posted positions here on this board is the height of hubris hilarity.

Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline WingNot

• Resident TBR Curmudgeon
You stating such is akin to Satan stating Jesus is a hypocrite and has diminished moral authority because He supported Saul of Tarsus.

Lecturing us about 'moral authority' given your posted positions here on this board is the height of hubris hilarity.

That is very eloquent reply to Mr. Head.

Might I add,  <**************>

Even if it is redundant.

Do not post personal insults. 

- MOD 1
« Last Edit: November 30, 2017, 02:34:54 pm by Mod1 »
"I'm a man, but I changed, because I had to. Oh well."

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Well it seems to me that Roy ought to find a few nickles and run ads saying as much so the voters know. Since it is Alabama, I would guess passing out fliers at the nearest Golden Corral or Waffle House would be the best bet.

The voters in Alabama know all about Roy Moore and have elected him to state wide office several times previously. I think he's got this as well!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien