Author Topic: JUST IN: House releases new sweeping tax plan and here’s the details… [UPDATED WITH MORE]  (Read 11966 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Don't forget to apply the deductions...

$45,000 MFJ
-12,000 Ded
- 4,150 taxpayer
- 4,150 spouse
- 4,150 child   
- 4,150 child  ..Two children in the household.
taxable income 16,400

Subtract $4,150 personal exemption for each additional child

other refundable credits:
- child tax credit
- earned income credit if app.

$45,000 MFJ
-12,000 Ded.....shouldn't that be -24000?
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
I've heard that if you are on welfare your taxes are damn easy to file. I don't personally know.

But you still have to file to collect on the EITC.  I personally know people who got $8,000 tax refunds on zero income.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online corbe

After reading much of the recent revulsion over GWB here, I'm gonna ask my CPA about all the autographed pictures he has with him and GWB on his walls.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Online Right_in_Virginia

$45,000 MFJ
-12,000 Ded
- 4,150 taxpayer
- 4,150 spouse
- 4,150 child   
taxable income 16,400

- child tax credit

If I'm reading the chart correctly, (see link ) @Texas Yellow Rose the personal exemption is eliminated in the proposed plan.

http://www.businessinsider.com/trump-gop-tax-reform-plan-bill-text-details-rate-2017-10

« Last Edit: November 02, 2017, 07:05:22 pm by Right_in_Virginia »

Offline Frank Cannon

But you still have to file to collect on the EITC.  I personally know people who got $8,000 tax refunds on zero income.

Absolutely. It's like Christmas in April for my tenants because of that. They are styling with that welfare money. That's why I get in line first to get payed before they head to Rent-A-Center, Sleazy Joe's Used Cars or the strip club. By July they are broke and the car they bought at 58% interest is getting towed by the repo man.

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
What's worse, as I understand it, they are proposing to tax over seas activity at a flat rate of 10%. I don't believe any other country taxes businesses on their activity outside the country. I know as an individual I have to show all business activity that I engage in outside the USA and then have to pay taxes on it even though it has nothing to do with the USA and the investments were with after tax dollars.

@bilo

When Paul Ryan who said Americans would be getting a "pay raise", thereby leaving no questions about his progressive credentials, is smiling, you just know Americans are getting screwed.

And what about his fed chair pick- Powell has been in lockstep with Yellen- he is described as Yellen in a tie and her twin. I guess Trump wants to keep low interest rates forever. I would rather have a nice 5% interest bearing savings account at this point and take my money out of the market. My portfolio is down almost 1% today.
Principles matter. Words matter.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!

If I'm reading the chart correctly, (see link ) @Texas Yellow Rose the personal exemption is eliminated in the proposed plan.

http://www.businessinsider.com/trump-gop-tax-reform-plan-bill-text-details-rate-2017-10

You are right other than the 12k or 24k there is no personal exemption that I can see.

!600 per child...A pet project of Ivanka Trump, the proposal is to increase the credit to $1,600 from $1,000

Looking to see if they eliminated the Earned Income Tax Credit?
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online Right_in_Virginia

Eliminates personal exemptions: Today you're allowed to claim a $4,050 personal exemption for yourself, your spouse and each of your dependents. The House bill eliminates that option.

Expands child tax credit: The bill would increase the child tax credit to $1,600, up from $1,000, for any child under 17.

http://money.cnn.com/2017/11/02/news/economy/house-tax-reform-bill-individuals/index.html

I just found clear confirmation that the personal exemption is eliminated in the proposed plan @mystery-ak

« Last Edit: November 02, 2017, 07:32:19 pm by Right_in_Virginia »

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Absolutely. It's like Christmas in April for my tenants because of that. They are styling with that welfare money. That's why I get in line first to get payed before they head to Rent-A-Center, Sleazy Joe's Used Cars or the strip club. By July they are broke and the car they bought at 58% interest is getting towed by the repo man.

I wish I could say you are exaggerating, but, in fact, you are not, that is exactly how it goes.  This is why "poor people" like someone I can think of here are furious the Republicans would do anything that might upset their personal apple cart.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Online Right_in_Virginia

You are right other than the 12k or 24k there is no personal exemption that I can see.

!600 per child...A pet project of Ivanka Trump, the proposal is to increase the credit to $1,600 from $1,000

Looking to see if they eliminated the Earned Income Tax Credit?

The Earned Income Tax Credit remains ....See the Post article (which is pretty good)

https://www.washingtonpost.com/graphics/2017/business/tax-bill-q-and-a/?utm_term=.f6df43c411b0

@mystery-ak

Offline Frank Cannon

The Earned Income Tax Credit remains ....See the Post article (which is pretty good)

https://www.washingtonpost.com/graphics/2017/business/tax-bill-q-and-a/?utm_term=.f6df43c411b0

@mystery-ak

Wonderful!

Hear Ye Hear Ye!!!!! WELFARE FOR ALL DEADBEATS!!!! WELFARE FOR ALL DEADBEATS!!!!

Online Right_in_Virginia

This is pretty well done:

All your major questions about the GOP tax plan, answered
Washington Post, Nov 2, 2017

Offline KingsX

• Be yourself. No one can say you're doing it wrong.

$45,000 MFJ
-12,000 Ded
- 4,150 taxpayer
- 4,150 spouse
- 4,150 child   
taxable income 16,400

- child tax credit

The GOP plan eliminates the personal exemptions and the extra over 65 standard deduction and the head of household standard deduction... and rolls those all into their $12,000 single /$24,000 married tax exemption.

« Last Edit: November 02, 2017, 07:28:16 pm by KingsX »

Offline Hoodat

GOP leaders stood up on TV and LIED! 

They said it would be a tax cut for everybody.
They said tax rates would decrease for everybody.

They LIED !

They lied about a lot of things.

In 2018 under current IRS law my tax exempt amount [and others in my same demographic group] would be $12250... but the GOP will only give me $12000... which means I pay more right out of the gate.

A grand total of $30 for the year.  I pay more than that every single day.

Then the GOP increases my low income tax rate from 10% to 12%  [again, there will be many people in this same situation.]

12% is too low.  You should be paying 15%.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline KingsX

Remember the new 2018 IRS rates increased for inflation.

in 2018 the personal exemption would be $4150.

But the GOP plan eliminates it.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵

The GOP plan eliminates the personal exemptions and the extra over 65 standard deduction and the head of household standard deduction... and rolls those all into their $12,000 single /$24,000 married tax exemption.

Thanks for the clarification.  The increased Married deduction for me just overwhelmed the change in the marginal bracket and the loss of the Standard deductions, so my sympathy for your position just went from slim to none.
I will NOT comply.

Offline Texas Yellow Rose

• Native Texan

It is and my post is way wrong.  Sorry.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
This chart is the most relevant I've seen.

Looks like they are getting around 33% of your money before you get any!   Still SUCKS IMHO!

"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Texas Yellow Rose

• Native Texan
$45,000 MFJ
-12,000 Ded.....shouldn't that be -24000?

You are right and personal exemptions are eliminated.  Sorry about the wrong info.

Offline KingsX

A grand total of $30 for the year.  I pay more than that every single day.

12% is too low.  You should be paying 15%.

Right out of the gate I lose $250 in tax exemption....
then I get to pay an extra 2 percent more than I pay now
on my very low income. Under current IRS rules I pay 10%
tax rate... the GOP is increasing my rate to $12%.

You make a high income. I do not.  I daresay you wouldn't
want to live on my low income. Yet you and the GOP want
to take even more taxes out of it.  I get it that neither you
nor the GOP cares... that's why I'm no longer voting GOP...
and I won't be the only one.

« Last Edit: November 02, 2017, 07:42:44 pm by KingsX »

Offline KingsX

Thanks for the clarification.  The increased Married deduction for me just overwhelmed the change in the marginal bracket and the loss of the Standard deductions, so my sympathy for your position just went from slim to none.

That's nice... your taxes are decreasing [at least you think they are]
so you have no sympathy for others whose taxes are being raised.
We can all "eat cake."

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!

I think the only exemption is the new standard one.
Principles matter. Words matter.

Offline KingsX

In spite of my being "racist",  thanks to elitist posters I've read here...
I have come to understand why blacks riot and steal TVs. This is what
happens when government policy creates disenfranchised underclasses.
And now the GOP tax plan intentionally initiates class warfare [raising
taxes on the poor while giving tax cuts to the rich must be intentional
no one who understands history is that stupid.]

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Low tax rates, what if you end up bringing in a liberal electorate? Be careful to not be a victim of one's own success.

Online corbe

That last post is just so wrong on so many levels @KingsX but Carry on it's not half as bad as most the $hit I post here, your stuff is just much deeper.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.