Author Topic: JUST IN: House releases new sweeping tax plan and here’s the details… [UPDATED WITH MORE]  (Read 12049 times)

Offline corbe

That's a rarity @aligncare I don't normally mistake you, you're usually very clear in your verbiage and message, I admire that.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
At least the slum lords will get paid...Eh Frank.  :smokin:

Like he says, he has to get the rent collected early, because come July and August, they've run through their "Refunds" and they're flat busted again until next year.  Crack whores aren't known for their ability to budget per anum.  These aren't the kind of gals you can take the rent out "in trade."
« Last Edit: November 02, 2017, 11:35:59 pm by Cyber Liberty »
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
You mistake me, corbe. The word I used was ‘heck’. I didn’t want to lower the level of discourse so I obscured it.  ^-^

I think you do a fine job of keeping good discourse here on TBR, AC.  And I mean that sincerely, with no sarcasm implied. 
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline aligncare

I think you do a fine job of keeping good discourse here on TBR, AC.  And I mean that sincerely, with no sarcasm implied.

Thanks, much appreciated. I was hoping to get some pie outta that post...

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

I asked our relatively new "Tax cuts for the rich" purveyor about that (What does she understand the term "Tax Expenditures" to mean?).  Ignored me (still does) and after I repeated it a couple times I got reamed by the Mods for it, so I gave up.
It's alright.  I have repeatedly asked he/she/it to tell us where the $1.5 trillion tax cut for the rich came from and have not been answered at all.  Now it is just ignored.

Mod8   :nono:
« Last Edit: November 03, 2017, 12:11:00 am by MOD8 »
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

You must be the modern day Rodney Dangerfield the way you don't get no respect around here or even by your Congressman....

I grew up in Austin in the 60s when it was nice and know what type of cesspool it has become.  Hope you enjoy things around there as I decided there are better places in Texas to pay my taxes.

And my congressman is Louie Gohmert, so I got one on you.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2017, 12:15:05 am by IsailedawayfromFR »
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline corbe

Austin has indeed turned into a cesspool, haven't been there in over a year and it's 40 miles due North. @IsailedawayfromFR
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Fantom

It's alright.  I have repeatedly asked he/she/it to tell us where the $1.5 trillion tax cut for the rich came from and have not been answered at all.  Now it is just ignored.

Mod8   :nono:

There is a Mod 8.... who knew.  :shrug:

On a lighter note. My long late Father would tell the story about the time he got suspended for a day from school.... that would be the 1930's for responding "HE/She/It ".. when asked to name the pronouns.
Those who profess to favor freedom, and yet deprecate agitation, are men who want crops without plowing up the ground, they want rain without thunder and lightning, they want the ocean without the awful roar of its many waters.

Frederick Douglass

Offline KingsX

• Be yourself. No one can say you're doing it wrong.

I grew up in Austin in the 60s when it was nice and know what type of cesspool it has become.  Hope you enjoy things around there as I decided there are better places in Texas to pay my taxes.

And my congressman is Louie Gohmert, so I got one on you.

Since the property tax is the high tax in Texas...

Do you know any mid-size Texas cities with low housing costs and low property taxes ??

Let me know if you find any in your research.

Total tax:   $30

It's not fair that you pay less than me.  You should be paying more.

For too long, people like me have been carrying the burden for people like you.

That is because I work a hell of a lot harder than you.  And in doing so, I provide a hell of a lot more value to society than do you.  And for far too long, I have been treated unfairly with a much larger burden placed upon me than have you.

Which is precisely why I have sacrificed and worked hard to achieve the income level I currently hold.

I want people who pay next to nothing to start paying their fair share.  I want every worker to be accountable to what our government spends by being a contributor to that budget.

I also want to put an end to all this class envy rhetoric you espouse that led us to where we are right now - $20 trillion in debt.

I don't care why you don't vote GOP any more than you care why I don't vote GOP.  The only question is why someone reciting DNC talking points would have ever voted GOP in the first place.  If you are looking for sympathy, you will get none from me.  Because I am the one who has been carrying your burden all these years.  And all you have shown in return is contempt.  To hell with you and your class envy bullshit.
Trolls need to see the light.  They are lucky it is only words and not more forceful.

Offline Fantom

Do you know any mid-size Texas cities with low housing costs and low property taxes ??

Anyplace there are majority democrats.
Those who profess to favor freedom, and yet deprecate agitation, are men who want crops without plowing up the ground, they want rain without thunder and lightning, they want the ocean without the awful roar of its many waters.

Frederick Douglass

Offline Frank Cannon

These Are The 10 Most Ghetto Cities In Texas

https://www.roadsnacks.net/these-are-the-10-most-ghetto-cities-in-texas/

Balch Springs (Photos)
    Jacksonville (Photos)
    Mercedes (Photos)
    Corsicana (Photos)
    Big Spring (Photos)
    Beaumont (Photos)
    Houston (Photos)
    Humble (Photos)
    Port Arthur (Photos)
    Texarkana (Photos)

Austin has indeed turned into a cesspool, haven't been there in over a year and it's 40 miles due North. @IsailedawayfromFR
So I hope it is nice in La Grange, where i used to frequent while at UT.

Whoops, you are likely to say Sandra Bullock country, aren't you?
« Last Edit: November 03, 2017, 12:26:17 am by IsailedawayfromFR »

Offline corbe

On a lighter note. My long late Father would tell the story about the time he got suspended for a day from school.... that would be the 1930's for responding "HE/She/It ".. when asked to name the pronouns.

There use to be a Mod7 but he tangled with @Frank Cannon late one night and is still suing Myst for workmen's comp.

I got cussed out once on this forum for calling someone he when it was a she.  Now I cover the bases.  Like the Astros.

Offline corbe

New Braunfels, 26 years, hated it at first, tourist trap and all but now it's all I could ever hope it to be, Good Music and damn good Beer and the Woman look damn good too, it's a Texas thing of which I'm sure you're aware of.

Houston transplant by way of Nawlins'
« Last Edit: November 03, 2017, 12:32:43 am by corbe »

Offline DiogenesLamp

I got cussed out once on this forum for calling someone he when it was a she.  Now I cover the bases.  Like the Astros.

The mismatches between genders and Icons often keeps me confused.   Half the time I don't know to which gender I am speaking. 

‘What all the wise men promised has not happened, and what all the damned fools said would happen has come to pass.’
— Lord Melbourne —

Offline KingsX

• Be yourself. No one can say you're doing it wrong.

That is because I work a hell of a lot harder than you.  And in doing so, I provide a hell of a lot more value to society than do you.  And for far too long, I have been treated unfairly with a much larger burden placed upon me than have you.

You know nothing about me, my work ethic or my personal finances.

From my perspective,  I am well ahead of the game.

Most of the taxes I pay go to Texas' high sales and property taxes.

I worked a corporate job for decades and retired from that a few years ago.

I intentionally keep my income small.  I intentionally try to keep my federal taxes as low as possible because the federal government is an evil abomination and I don't want to feed it.  I have worked hard all my life to pay off my home and be totally out of debt so I could live on as small an income as possible.

I don't know what I hate more...  GOP tax increases on taxpayers least able to afford it... GOP abominable LIES that serve to cover up their evil intent... or mindless trolls who attack those trying to expose their lying evil.

« Last Edit: November 03, 2017, 12:44:07 am by KingsX »

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵

Balch Springs (Photos)
    Jacksonville (Photos)
    Mercedes (Photos)
    Corsicana (Photos)
    Big Spring (Photos)
    Beaumont (Photos)
    Houston (Photos)
    Humble (Photos)
    Port Arthur (Photos)
    Texarkana (Photos)

I actually lived in Jacksonville, before I moved to Phoenix....
I will NOT comply.

Offline Hoodat

Balch Springs (Photos)
    Jacksonville (Photos)
    Mercedes (Photos)
    Corsicana (Photos)
    Big Spring (Photos)
    Beaumont (Photos)
    Houston (Photos)
    Humble (Photos)
    Port Arthur (Photos)
    Texarkana (Photos)

What about Lubbock?
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline endicom

Crack whores aren't known for their ability to budget per anum.

Anum?

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵

From my perspective,  I am well ahead of the game.

I intentionally keep my income small. 

Says it all right there.  Thanks. 

You don't carry your load on purpose.  You are like a deadbeat Dad who refuses to keep a full-time job, just to screw over the ex.
I will NOT comply.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵

Anum?

Good point.  Might explain why @Frank Cannon does his slum-lord lease month-to-month.
I will NOT comply.

Offline Fantom

Balch Springs (Photos)
    Jacksonville (Photos)
    Mercedes (Photos)
    Corsicana (Photos)
    Big Spring (Photos)
    Beaumont (Photos)
    Houston (Photos)
    Humble (Photos)
    Port Arthur (Photos)
    Texarkana (Photos)

No doubt you have holdings in each...just waiting for the 16th of April.....  :tongue2:

Frederick Douglass

New Braunfels, 26 years, hated it at first, tourist trap and all but now it's all I could ever hope it to be, Good Music and damn good Beer and the Woman look damn good too, it's a Texas thing of which I'm sure you're aware of.

Houston transplant by way of Nawlins'
Austin is kinda north-east, not North like I used to use a compass.  I used to go to Wurstfest near Landa Park when it was pre-hippie in the 60s and nice.  Bet you been to Blue Hole and Schwamkrug Garden too like I have.  My old butt was floating the Guadalupe before they put in Canyon dam too.