Author Topic: JUST IN: House releases new sweeping tax plan and here’s the details… [UPDATED WITH MORE]  (Read 11964 times)

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
Thanks for that! I still think 25% is way too much for anyone to pay.

I can't know for sure but I think this tax plan may save me some money.  We don't itemize.  So the increase in the standard deduction could be a win?
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline KingsX

• Be yourself. No one can say you're doing it wrong.

If it doesn't effect you than it does not affect your demographic. You are lobbying for some group you do not belong to.

I don't know if you are really incapable of understanding my posts...
or you enjoy attacking me because it gives you warped entertainment.
One thing for sure, I wouldn't want to be in your demographic group.

Offline Frank Cannon

One thing for sure, I wouldn't want to be in your demographic group.

I wouldn't worry about that sister. We wouldn't let your deadbeat Ghetto ass in.

Offline corbe

I couldn't afford the rent in your places anyway, Frank
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Frank Cannon

Yeah you could. Her demographic is who they are priced for.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
If it doesn't effect you than it does not affect your demographic. You are lobbying for some group you do not belong to.

I have a word for that:   Envy.  She would love to have your income, minus what you've had to do in your life to get it.  If she thinks you have more, she resents it.

A rather pathetic character flaw, and she compensates by lashing out at everybody who calls her for it.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline RoosGirl

I have a word for that:   Envy.  She would love to have your income, minus what you've had to do in your life to get it.  If she thinks you have more, she resents it.

A rather pathetic character flaw, and she compensates by lashing out at everybody who calls her for it.
Yeah well, who would want to do what @Frank Cannon has done in his life?

Offline Frank Cannon

Yeah well, who would want to do what @Frank Cannon has done in his life?

Listen. Being a Gigolo isn't all bad. You get to see some nice hotel rooms and once in a while you get a free meal.

Offline RoosGirl

Listen. Being a Gigolo isn't all bad. You get to see some nice hotel rooms and once in a while you get a free meal.

But aren't some of the men you have to 'pal' around with horrid?

Offline Frank Cannon

But aren't some of the men you have to 'pal' around with horrid?

Yes, but I just imagine they are Barbara Boxer and everything goes smoothly.

Offline skeeter

Apparently this tax plan will cost me money. But if they cut the tax benefits currently going to illegal aliens as reportedly they are then I'd be inclined to support it.

I'll put my money where my mouth is.

Offline RoosGirl

Apparently this tax plan will cost me money. But if they cut the tax benefits currently going to illegal aliens as reportedly they are then I'd be inclined to support it.

I'll put my money where my mouth is.

BS  How could anyone possibly owe more and all those billions of dollars now going to illegals be cut out of the budget?

Offline skeeter

BS  How could anyone possibly owe more and all those billions of dollars now going to illegals be cut out of the budget?

Haven't read the fine print but certain talkers I've listened to are saying the money is supposedly funding the corporate cuts.

But I have always believed that corporate cuts typically paid for themselves in an expanding economy. So I don't know why anyone has to pay extra. Maybe its optics.

Offline Hoodat

Exactly.

As I recall, her original complaint centered on 'tax cuts for rich oligarchs.  After repeated corrections that there was no tax on wealth, she remained undeterred, pressing forward with the "rich oligarchs" meme straight out of the DNC playbook.

Envy?  You betcha.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Hoodat

Haven't read the fine print but certain talkers I've listened to are saying the money is supposedly funding the corporate cuts.

But I have always believed that corporate cuts typically paid for themselves in an expanding economy.

Stop the tape!  Consider the source of the money.  Where does the money come from that pays that corporate tax?  It comes from the corporation.  Covering the cost of that tax cut is nothing more than allowing the corporation to keep the money it already has.

As for the cost of government, Big Government is spending too damn much.  Cut spending now.  Reduce spending to 19% of GDP, and the budget deficit goes away - no matter where you set tax rates.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39

Shoot...I've heard @Frank Cannon collects rent with a brown paper bag and a .357 magnum.   I'm guessing I could rent a block of his houses and still have money left over .
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline skeeter

Stop the tape!  Consider the source of the money.  Where does the money come from that pays that corporate tax?  It comes from the corporation.  Covering the cost of that tax cut is nothing more than allowing the corporation to keep the money it already has.

As for the cost of government, Big Government is spending too damn much.  Cut spending now.  Reduce spending to 19% of GDP, and the budget deficit goes away - no matter where you set tax rates.

Rather than keep their money corporations usually invest it in addn'l capacity or distribute it to investors. Both are good for the rest of us.

You are right - government is the big black for-the-most-part-good-for-nothing hole needing to be addressed.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2017, 03:41:54 pm by skeeter »

Offline Frank Cannon

Shoot...I've heard @Frank Cannon collects rent with a brown paper bag and a .357 magnum.   I'm guessing I could rent a block of his houses and still have money left over .

Damn straight. I've been government housing before there was government housing.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Damn straight. I've been government housing before there was government housing.

I think you've been running a much more efficient organization.  No IRS middleman to keep your hands clean.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Suppressed

I keep my income low by choice
and for good reasons.

In other words, you voluntarily decide to pay less than your fair share, dumping the burdens of running and protecting this country onto the shoulders of others.

Wow.  Just wow.
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn