Author Topic: Karl Rove on NFL Protests: Trump Will Be ‘Walking Away From This a Loser’  (Read 15115 times)

Offline jpsb

Re: Karl Rove on NFL Protests: Trump Will Be ‘Walking Away From This a Loser’
« Reply #175 on: September 26, 2017, 09:27:35 pm »
I shouldn't even respond to you.

And here I though we were buddies. Oh well

Trump is exposing the not so hidden agenda or cowardice of the "entertainment industry" (in this case the NFL) that is pushing anti-American cultural Marxism. I am overjoyed to see a US president FINALLY take them on. And he is winning. You're just being a typical female that hates to see conflict. Well conflict is the only way to deal with people that want you (yes you too @Emjay) dead.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2017, 09:34:10 pm by jpsb »

RAT Patrol

« Reply #176 on: September 26, 2017, 09:30:17 pm »
Rove is SO seventeen years ago.  He is way past his expiration date.

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
« Reply #177 on: September 26, 2017, 09:34:41 pm »
This is awkward. NFL ratings have started to go back up again after the President got involved.

http://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php/topic,283004.0.html

They were declining before that.

Offline jpsb

« Reply #178 on: September 26, 2017, 09:35:54 pm »
Rove is SO seventeen years ago.  He is way past his expiration date.

I just love how Rove is ALWAYS wrong. Anyone that has paid attention to Trump knows that Trump does not back down. He doubles down.

Offline jpsb

« Reply #179 on: September 26, 2017, 09:37:37 pm »
This is awkward. NFL ratings have started to go back up again after the President got involved.

Don't believe it.

RAT Patrol

« Reply #180 on: September 26, 2017, 09:40:12 pm »
I just love how Rove is ALWAYS wrong. Anyone that has paid attention to Trump knows that Trump does not back down. He doubles down.

True on both counts, though they are disconnected truths.  Rove is ALWAYS wrong regardless of Trump.  I guess give him credit for never giving up.  Trump not only doubles down, he plays all sides to hedge his bets.  Then he is the first one to step out and claim victory no matter how it turns out.

Offline ABX

« Reply #181 on: September 26, 2017, 09:41:00 pm »
Don't believe it.

Why not? Logically speaking, people tune in for car wrecks. This issue went from a handful of players protesting to it being a national event that even the President talks and tweets about. The NFL received more free publicity over the past week than they paid for season to date.

Read Trump's The Art of the Deal, the chapter on 'There is no such thing as bad publicity'. Even he believes that bad or negative news is good as long as they are talking about you: It doesn't matter what they say about you, just that they are talking about you...

The President gave the NFL a gift, priceless free publicity.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #182 on: September 26, 2017, 09:51:00 pm »
And here I though we were buddies. Oh well

Trump is exposing the not so hidden agenda or cowardice of the "entertainment industry" (in this case the NFL) that is pushing anti-American cultural Marxism. I am overjoyed to see a US president FINALLY take them on. And he is winning. You're just being a typical female that hates to see conflict. Well conflict is the only way to deal with people that want you (yes you too @Emjay) dead.

We are buddies and don't ever forget it.

And don't ever call me a typical female. *****rollingeyes*****

I don't know who wants me dead but I hope you shoot them before they can get me.

Yes, I'm totally fed up with Blacks right now.  Not all Blacks, of course, but the ones who remain ignorant and go around with the BLM gig when there's not one right that they are currently denied.

And it's particularly annoying when overpaid actors, singers and football player do it.

They are totally ignorant of the fact that without a white audience, they would be working at McDonald's ... if they were smart enough.

But I think saying that 'they want us dead' is a little over the top.

These athletes are already feeling the pinch when sponsors fire them.  Remember, where Budweiser goes, America goes.  And we know who drinks Bud (besides me).

I'm just not sure Trump is doing us any favors by tweeting about this. 

Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline jpsb

« Reply #183 on: September 26, 2017, 09:55:49 pm »
We are buddies and don't ever forget it.  888high58888

And don't ever call me a typical female. *****rollingeyes*****  8888huh

I don't know who wants me dead but I hope you shoot them before they can get me. That is the plan

I'm just not sure Trump is doing us any favors by tweeting about this. He is.

Offline jpsb

« Reply #184 on: September 26, 2017, 09:58:25 pm »
Trump not only doubles down, he plays all sides to hedge his bets.  Then he is the first one to step out and claim victory no matter how it turns out.

Well yeah, and I find that worry some.

Offline DiogenesLamp

« Reply #185 on: September 26, 2017, 10:04:54 pm »

I'm betting that a lot of people tuned in to see what the Cowboys were going to do.   Now that they know,  I think you will see a precipitous decline. 
‘What all the wise men promised has not happened, and what all the damned fools said would happen has come to pass.’
— Lord Melbourne —

Offline ABX

« Reply #186 on: September 26, 2017, 10:06:34 pm »

I'm betting that a lot of people tuned in to see what the Cowboys were going to do.   Now that they know,  I think you will see a precipitous decline.

It depends. If they start to decline again or go up will be if they stay the headline in the news. IE, will Trump keep giving them free publicity?

Like I said, people tune in to car crashes.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #187 on: September 26, 2017, 10:09:21 pm »
It depends. If they start to decline again or go up will be if they stay the headline in the news. IE, will Trump keep giving them free publicity?

Well he doubled down on his rants about it today...so I'm guess he will keep giving them the free publicity they certainly don't deserve.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline jpsb

« Reply #188 on: September 26, 2017, 10:11:03 pm »

I don't think DirecTV Allows Some NFL Refunds After Anthem Controversy if people were not turning off the NFL.

Offline ABX

« Reply #189 on: September 26, 2017, 10:20:30 pm »
I don't think DirecTV Allows Some NFL Refunds After Anthem Controversy if people were not turning off the NFL.

That's based on tweets from 3 people who got refunds, compared to how many more who tuned in because it was made a national controversy?

http://www.abc15.com/news/national/directv-allowing-customers-to-claim-refund-on-nfl-sunday-ticket-customers-say

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #190 on: September 26, 2017, 10:21:31 pm »

People always slow down to view a trainwreck.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline ABX

« Reply #191 on: September 26, 2017, 10:21:56 pm »
People always slow down to view a trainwreck.

Yep

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #192 on: September 27, 2017, 12:04:25 am »
1. Not trying to "gotcha," you. Merely an observation about the similarity, WITHOUT knowing it was in your work related duty (i.e. need to know).

@truth_seeker

Ok cool.  Sorry if I overreacted a bit...it felt like a gotcha to me.  Now I know it wasn't.  And yes because of previous doxxing against me I tend to not really talk a lot about what I do.

2. I left my military service over 45 years ago. I held a Secret Clearance (not Top Secret). My duties involved being proficient to research a wide range of regulations.

Same here.

If what you claim is correct, why is he still in uniform, instead of in prison? Leavenworth has a spot waiting. (a college friend of mine served as commander of Leavenworth, on his final assignment after 37 yrs. service, one LTG James Riley--that is public info.)

From what I've been able to find out hes in the middle of Ranger School right now.  His CIB was from his enlisted time and he went to the Prep School before entering West Point.

I imagine there are a lot of unpleasant things awaiting him now that this story is beginning to go viral.  If his RTB cadre know...well...lets just say it sucks to be him.

I cannot imagine a subordinate officer or enlisted person that would trust him, in service defending our country. I cannot imagine the military would want him around, for one day longer than it takes to drum him out.

Well we're talking about the same U.S. Army...as much as I love it...that let Bradley Manning...Bowe Berghdal and Hassan Nidal join and serve.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2017, 12:15:21 am by txradioguy »
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline InHeavenThereIsNoBeer

« Reply #193 on: September 27, 2017, 12:06:15 am »

I think there may be a difference in that people may tune in once to see the protest, but will gawk at any car crash.
My avatar shows the national debt in stacks of $100 bills.  If you look very closely under the crane you can see the Statue of Liberty.

Offline anubias

« Reply #194 on: September 27, 2017, 12:40:08 am »
@truth_seeker

Ok cool.  Sorry if I overreacted a bit...it felt like a gotcha to me.  Now I know it wasn't.  And yes because of previous doxxing against me I tend to not really talk a lot about what I do.

Same here.

From what I've been able to find out hes in the middle of Ranger School right now.  His CIB was from his enlisted time and he went to the Prep School before entering West Point.

I imagine there are a lot of unpleasant things awaiting him now that this story is beginning to go viral.  If his RTB cadre know...well...lets just say it sucks to be him.

Well we're talking about the same U.S. Army...as much as I love it...that let Bradley Manning...Bowe Berghdal and Hassan Nidal join and serve.

Same here. I learned the hard way what putting too much personal information on a forum will get one. I cringe now when I see it by others.

Offline Concerned

« Reply #195 on: September 27, 2017, 01:01:15 am »
I shouldn't even respond to you.

I have a problem with a president who is behaving like an idiot sixth grader taunting another boy.

He has made this thing last much longer than it would have lasted if he had stayed out of it.

Nobody liked that Colin K guy and he can't even get a job.

That protest would have died of its own weight but for Trump's childishness.

It wasn't about patriotism ... it was about a perceived insult to his own vanity.

He did it again this morning ...  Please, someone, stop him.

He is ruining his own legacy.

Hey, don't jump on me.  I'm one of the ones trying to defend Trump when I can.

In this particular situation, I am sad to say, I can't.

All of the above is so obviously true.  He made a dying, minor situation so much worse.  He's inflamed it which, I believe, was intention.  Why he and his supporters can't see it's not the country's best interest to inflame this or in his best to do this is beyond me.  He's shrinking his 46% not increasing it.  Sad.
I adore facts and data and abhor lies and liars.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #196 on: September 27, 2017, 01:14:44 am »

Wrong.  People tuned in to the Cowboy game because they always do.  The Cowboys have been the biggest draw in the NFL for ages, even when they were losing.  They greatly increased the viewership from the previous Monday.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline NavyCanDo

« Reply #197 on: September 27, 2017, 01:22:52 am »
All of the above is so obviously true.  He made a dying, minor situation so much worse.  He's inflamed it which, I believe, was intention.  Why he and his supporters can't see it's not the country's best interest to inflame this or in his best to do this is beyond me.  He's shrinking his 46% not increasing it.  Sad.

Until Trump's rash comments, the NFL was left with only a few numbskulls sitting, with the whole thing begining to fade from sports news. Trump poured gas on dieing embers and set a hellfire blaze, affecting the whole NFL even those who have always stood. Because of him they all are rallying around the sitters.

Football is the only sport I enjoy watching. We plan our Sunday afternoons around it, including what food we will eat. I dont want anyone destroying what I hold dear. Not the players, not the league, and not the White House.  Give me my Football back without the silly politics.
A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn

Offline goatprairie

« Reply #198 on: September 27, 2017, 02:33:56 am »
Until Trump's rash comments, the NFL was left with only a few numbskulls sitting, with the whole thing begining to fade from sports news. Trump poured gas on dieing embers and set a hellfire blaze, affecting the whole NFL even those who have always stood. Because of him they all are rallying around the sitters.

Football is the only sport I enjoy watching. We plan our Sunday afternoons around it, including what food we will eat. I dont want anyone destroying what I hold dear. Not the players, not the league, and not the White House.  Give me my Football back without the silly politics.
"Give me my Football back without the silly politics."

I'm afraid that ship has sailed.

Online Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #199 on: September 27, 2017, 02:39:35 am »
Diogenes wrote:
"I want him to turn the left into screeching ranting machines that frighten the American voter,  because they need to be frightened of these bastards that control the airwaves,  and now most of the internet.
We need these confrontations,  and we need them now,  before the left can consolidate more power,  we need to get them to expose their nasty violent nature,  and Trump is pushing all the right buttons.  I just wish he would push more of them and harder."

Right on, sir, for an excellent post.
I don't mind politics that are profane, down, and dirty.
That's how you win.

The left has known this for ... forEVER.
That's why they've won so much territory.

It's time to stop worrying about "means" and "ends", and play to win.
And drive them down into the dried mud of history.