Author Topic: Karl Rove on NFL Protests: Trump Will Be ‘Walking Away From This a Loser’  (Read 15128 times)

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Re: Karl Rove on NFL Protests: Trump Will Be ‘Walking Away From This a Loser’
« Reply #250 on: September 27, 2017, 06:56:04 pm »

I disagree.  If they had chosen anyone but a black guy (It doesn't even matter that Obama was the guy,  pretty much any well spoken black guy could have done the trick)  they would have lost. 

"Operation Chaos"  was Rush Limbaugh's plan to get Hillary the nomination.   He could see the same thing that I saw at the time.   Hillary was a guaranteed loser.   Black people wouldn't come out for her,   and the media people wouldn't get orgasms thinking about electing her. 

There would have been no fire in the belly for her,  and she would have lost.   

Putting up a black guy made the thing a social justice warrior's dream,  and it filled the entire Sinistrosphere with enthusiasm.   The media weapon spoke.

That's the unavoidable conclusion, now that it's post 2007.  2004 was a different world, and Obama wasn't even a Senator yet. 
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #251 on: September 27, 2017, 06:57:26 pm »

I read a good comment on this phenomena yesterday. 

In the wealthy social circles in which they run,   money is not a problem,   but social acceptance,  otherwise known as "face"  is all they care about.

That's the circle NFL Team Owners run in, as well as the CEOs of the various advertisers.  That's why my Champagne stays corked for now.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline NavyCanDo

« Reply #252 on: September 27, 2017, 07:11:59 pm »
I'll be the odd man out and agree with Rove. If Trump spoke like Rove did or like Reagan would have, we would still be dealing with just a few sitters, with ever decreasing attention being paid.
A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn

Offline DiogenesLamp

« Reply #253 on: September 27, 2017, 07:17:48 pm »
That's the unavoidable conclusion, now that it's post 2007.  2004 was a different world, and Obama wasn't even a Senator yet.

Back in 1995,  I was telling anyone that would listen that we should run a black guy against Bill Clinton.  (I was thinking of Alan Keyes at the time.)   I was predicting back then exactly the social dynamics I saw occurring in 2008.   

Bill Clinton would have lost.   
‘What all the wise men promised has not happened, and what all the damned fools said would happen has come to pass.’
— Lord Melbourne —

Offline DiogenesLamp

« Reply #254 on: September 27, 2017, 07:19:31 pm »
I'll be the odd man out and agree with Rove. If Trump spoke like Rove did or like Reagan would have, we would still be dealing with just a few sitters, with ever decreasing attention being paid.

And what good would that have done us?   The NFL would have become increasingly politicized with no backlash to trigger a correction.     

Waking America up to the fact that they are in a culture war is a good thing.   
‘What all the wise men promised has not happened, and what all the damned fools said would happen has come to pass.’
— Lord Melbourne —

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #255 on: September 27, 2017, 07:23:19 pm »

Trump is a pot-stirrer.  Your suggested course of action goes against his nature.
I will NOT comply.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #256 on: September 27, 2017, 08:14:36 pm »

Jim Brown spoke, saying pretty much the same thing in preseason to his Cleveland Browns without the "sob" remark, if that matters.  The Browns then, stopped doing that.  A number of them did the kneel in preseason, JB told them they were "desecrating" the flag. So, I'm not so sure of the finding of fault for Trump remarking on this.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #257 on: September 27, 2017, 08:33:08 pm »

Back in 1995,  I was telling anyone that would listen that we should run a black guy against Bill Clinton.  (I was thinking of Alan Keyes at the time.)   I was predicting back then exactly the social dynamics I saw occurring in 2008.   

Bill Clinton would have lost.

And the world would be a VERY different place today.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
Karl Rove, as usual, was the opposite of correct in his opinion of Trump.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
240b wrote:
"Karl Rove, as usual, was the opposite of correct in his opinion of Trump."

You be right.
Mr. Rove oughtta be out lookin' for a new occupation...  ;)

Offline ConstitutionRose

Karl Rove, as usual, was the opposite of correct in his opinion of Trump.
As usual.
"Old man can't is dead.  I helped bury him."  Supreme Court Justice Clarence Thomas quoting his grandfather.

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
Karl Rove is a charter member of the Swamp!  Who gives a hoot in hell what h e has to say about anything?
« Last Edit: October 13, 2017, 01:41:07 am by Bigun »

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...

240b wrote:
"Karl Rove, as usual, was the opposite of correct in his opinion of Trump."

You be right.
Mr. Rove oughtta be out lookin' for a new occupation...  ;)

He certainly doesn't seem to be any good at his current job. And as a 'pundit' his predictions stink.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline To-Whose-Benefit?

• Wulf Anson Author
Karl Rove?

"That fat, bald eunuch."

Radio talk jock Lee Rodgers
My 'Viking Hunter' High Adventure Alternate History Series is FREE, ALL 3 volumes, at most ebook retailers including Ibooks, Barnes and Noble, Kobo, and more.

In Vol 2 the weapons come out in a winner take all war on two fronts.

Vol 3 opens with the rigged murder trial of the villain in a Viking Court under Viking law to set the stage for the hero's own murder trial.

http://wulfanson.blogspot.com

Offline aligncare

Two weeks have passed and Karl is shown to be dead wrong.

Trump and his tweets have all but wrapped this puppy up. And, it’s Rove and the NFL who are walking away from this a loser.

Offline massadvj

• Editorial Advisor
Two weeks have passed and Karl is shown to be dead wrong.

Trump and his tweets have all but wrapped this puppy up. And, it’s Rove and the NFL who are walking away from this a loser.

Frankly, I don't see how anyone could have seen it otherwise.  The NFL was basically in an untenable position.  The owners well knew it, and tried to solve the problem by quietly getting rid of Kaepernick, but that only exacerbated the problem as players throughout the league took up the cause.  Then the NFL had no plan except to hope it would go away.

Trump was happy to stick a knife in the gaping sore, as both he and Rush Limbaugh had been dissed in the past by the NFL owners when they tried to buy their way into the club.  I would have liked to have been a fly on the wall when the owners tongue-lashed Roger Goodell for putting the league into the position of having to defend disrespecting the national anthem and every soldier who died defending the flag for which it stands.

Being no great fan of the NFL myself, I hope the owners end up with a player revolt over this.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2017, 12:32:56 pm by massadvj »

Offline aligncare

Yes, the machinations, intrigue and ramifications are fascinating to watch. I watched the Niners in their heyday under Montana. But, it’s only football. The flag however will live in my heart till I breathe my last.

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
Frankly, I don't see how anyone could have seen it otherwise.  The NFL was basically in an untenable position.  The owners well knew it, and tried to solve the problem by quietly getting rid of Kaepernick, but that only exacerbated the problem as players throughout the league took up the cause.  Then the NFL had no plan except to hope it would go away.

Trump was happy to stick a knife in the gaping sore, as both he and Rush Limbaugh had been dissed in the past by the NFL owners when they tried to buy their way into the club.  I would have liked to have been a fly on the wall when the owners tongue-lashed Roger Goodell for putting the league into the position of having to defend disrespecting the national anthem and every soldier who died defending the flag for which it stands.

Being no great fan of the NFL myself, I hope the owners end up with a player revolt over this.

Fire the sitters and bring in the second stringers. There's plenty of people that would kill to play in the NFL.

Almost literally!

Offline massadvj

• Editorial Advisor
Fire the sitters and bring in the second stringers. There's plenty of people that would kill to play in the NFL.

Almost literally!

Very true.  There is already football out there for people who want to watch a great game played at a slightly lower level of athleticism, but with much more heart.  It's called college football, and there is plenty of audience for it.

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
Very true.  There is already football out there for people who want to watch a great game played at a slightly lower level of athleticism, but with much more heart.  It's called college football, and there is plenty of audience for it.

That's the ONLY kind I watch these days!  The overpaid "professionals" can KMA!

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline bilo

I never really followed college football, except to see players that my favorite NFL team might pick. College football was like AA or AAA baseball, good but not at the same level as the major league. Now that I've given up watching pro football I'm finding I miss it less and less every week. Maybe it's time to give the "minors" a try.
A stranger in a hostile foreign land I used to call home

Offline massadvj

• Editorial Advisor
I never really followed college football, except to see players that my favorite NFL team might pick. College football was like AA or AAA baseball, good but not at the same level as the major league. Now that I've given up watching pro football I'm finding I miss it less and less every week. Maybe it's time to give the "minors" a try.

Two words: Penn State.

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan

Long before there was any flag controversy I far preferred college level football to the professional game.  VERY much more entertaining in every aspect IMHO.

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline musiclady

Long before there was any flag controversy I far preferred college level football to the professional game.  VERY much more entertaining in every aspect IMHO.

COMPLETELY agree!

NFL players are overpaid, over-egoed, hot dogging children, for the most part (not all, though).

I love college football........... even when the Buckeyes lose (which is rarely.  :dx1:)
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline bilo

Two words: Penn State.

My Father in Law's favorite team.
A stranger in a hostile foreign land I used to call home