Author Topic: Karl Rove on NFL Protests: Trump Will Be ‘Walking Away From This a Loser’  (Read 15034 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
by Pam Key24 Sep 20173,377

On this weekend’s broadcast of “Fox News Sunday,” network contributor and Republican strategist Karl Rove discussed President Donald Trump criticism of NFL players for taking a knee during the national anthem at games.

According to Rove, Trump would be “walking away” from this controversy a “loser.”

Rove said, “What instead of swearing at them, he said, ‘I understand that you have a right to do this, but we stand and respect our flag, not because of America’s imperfections, but because we are constantly as a nation aspiring to the approval of history. We salute the flag because the struggles and the sacrifices of generations of Americans to make this a better country. That is why we stand and salute our flag and why we put our hand over our heart.'”

more
http://www.breitbart.com/video/2017/09/24/karl-rove-nfl-protests-trump-will-walking-away-loser/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
Rove is wrong.

Offline dfwgator

Online Right_in_Virginia

Did Rove use his whiteboard?

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
If that's what Rove said, then Trump will probably be just fine on this one.

Offline anubias

Rove is as bad as Dick Morris.  LOL. Pretty much guarantees that Trump will come out the winner here.  I did have my doubts until I read this thread.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
Dick Morris has a YouTube broadcast. He is worth a listen.

Also Scott Adams has YouTube broadcasts. His take on things in unconventional, but he has proved to be correct.

I believe O'Reilly has also been doing YouTube.

Don't know or care much about Rove, since he is old school, and always pushing the open borders Jeb scenario.

The first 3 which I mention pretty much "Get Trump," whereas Rove hasn't the first clue.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
Rove is like a little doll with a pull string. The only problem is he only knows a few phrases.

He has been saying, 'Trump will come out the loser on this!', for nearly three straight years now. Sometimes he is right. Sometimes he is wrong. But it is like playing roulette and betting on Red every time. It is hit and miss.

How he keeps getting booked is a mystery. It is certainly not based on his predictions, that's for sure. He has no better insight on the future than anyone else.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
Rove is like a little doll with a pull string. The only problem is he only knows a few phrases.

He has been saying, 'Trump will come out the loser on this!', for nearly three straight years now. Sometimes he is right. Sometimes he is wrong. But it is like playing roulette and betting on Red every time. It is hit and miss.

How he keeps getting booked is a mystery. It is certainly not based on his predictions, that's for sure. He has no better insight on the future than anyone else.

The media have a short list, of who they turn to for commentary. They go for name recognition. Repetition gives name recognition.

Hence they go to McCain, Coulter, Rove and few others.

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline endicom

...America’s imperfections...

...a nation aspiring to the approval of history.

Well, this helps to explain Dubya.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
Re: Karl Rove on NFL Protests: Trump Will Be ‘Walking Away From This a Loser’
« Reply #10 on: September 24, 2017, 08:42:33 pm »
The NFL will be walking (or kneeling) away a loser on this one.

The dissident  players think they are protesting Trump but the public sees the whole stupid thing as protesting America, the Flag and the National Anthem.

And the public does not like it one bit.  I've seen a bunch of posts on Facebook where people are vowing only to watch the Dallas Cowboys.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #11 on: September 24, 2017, 08:54:12 pm »
The leftist media will find a new love in Rove, and will dance delighted to the tune of the NFL laying Trump to waste, but in a couple years, when the chips are finally counted, it will be the NFL Owners who are going to be known as the losers.  This doesn't just piss off Republicans, it pisses off a good share of Dems, too.

I say that as a non-fan of Trump, and I don't even know if this was a smart thing for him to do.  I just now he's being out-dumbed by the owners and players of the NFL.  I feel bad for the real popcorn concessionaires who are stuck in the middle and are going to get hurt.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

RAT Patrol

« Reply #12 on: September 24, 2017, 09:00:38 pm »
The NFL will be walking (or kneeling) away a loser on this one.

The dissident  players think they are protesting Trump but the public sees the whole stupid thing as protesting America, the Flag and the National Anthem.

And the public does not like it one bit.  I've seen a bunch of posts on Facebook where people are vowing only to watch the Dallas Cowboys.

I am in the middle on this.  Yes the players are protesting our Country all the while they demand their own rights from our Constitution.  They cannot be bothered with allegiance but damn anyone to hell who might protest their speech/actions.  Big hypocrites.  I also think die hard football fans won't be able to stop watching.  It's an addiction for them.  Too bad.  I'd love to see these pompous players go from riches to rags.  No one deserves it more.  Oh well.  There are worse things in the world.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #13 on: September 24, 2017, 09:10:46 pm »
I am in the middle on this.  Yes the players are protesting our Country all the while they demand their own rights from our Constitution.  They cannot be bothered with allegiance but damn anyone to hell who might protest their speech/actions.  Big hypocrites.  I also think die hard football fans won't be able to stop watching.  It's an addiction for them.  Too bad.  I'd love to see these pompous players go from riches to rags.  No one deserves it more.  Oh well.  There are worse things in the world.

I think there a large number of fans who enjoy the game, are not addicted, and are pissed off it's been turned into something political.  This will not redound to the left's benefit, nor to the bottom line of the teams.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

RAT Patrol

« Reply #14 on: September 24, 2017, 09:21:41 pm »
I think there a large number of fans who enjoy the game, are not addicted, and are pissed off it's been turned into something political.  This will not redound to the left's benefit, nor to the bottom line of the teams.

I hope you are right.  When I see football fans, I see addicts.  I don't mean it in a bad way, but it is a habit built up over years; I do not see them giving it up very easily.  Fans will yell and scream on both sides just like they do during the game.  Then it will pass.  In this age of postmodernism, no one stands their ground for very long.  Certainly not on something like this that gets in the way of their entertainment.

Offline the_doc

« Reply #15 on: September 24, 2017, 09:38:13 pm »
@Weird Tolkienish Figure
@Sanguine

Ha!  That's exactly what I was thinking.  Rove is a dweeb at best.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #16 on: September 24, 2017, 09:45:20 pm »
I hope you are right.  When I see football fans, I see addicts.  I don't mean it in a bad way, but it is a habit built up over years; I do not see them giving it up very easily.  Fans will yell and scream on both sides just like they do during the game.  Then it will pass.  In this age of postmodernism, no one stands their ground for very long.  Certainly not on something like this that gets in the way of their entertainment.

I don't like Football anyway, but I'm a lot like that with Baseball, and if my beloved D'backs pulled this they would be dead to me.
I will NOT comply.

Online DB

« Reply #17 on: September 24, 2017, 09:50:48 pm »
I think all this only widens the divide within the country. Pushes everything further to an uncivil conclusion. Overall I don't think that is good.

But...

If we're going to be divided I'm not going to surrender to those who trash the country to make peace.

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #18 on: September 24, 2017, 10:01:01 pm »

The precedent is already known and it is quite clear. Hollywood as a whole, along with the music industry, have made billions by pissing on the flag, disparaging America and Americans, and by promoting every kind of vile debauchery known to man. Granted, this attitude has affected them dearly, more than anyone will ever know, but they don't seem to mind. It seems that the only single thing in Hollywood that is more important than money, sex, and drugs, is to maintain 'the agenda'. They keep the Leftist agenda going at any costs. They don't seem to care.

Based on that, maybe the NFL, NBA, and ESPN, are also willing to sacrifice anything to keep 'the agenda' of hating America and, of course, President Trump going. The biggest difference is that Hollywood and music play to the Left. That is where the Left dwells. It is their environment. Whereas sports are not normally a big part of the Leftist world. Sports audiences are dominated mostly by the Right. So, they may not be able to sustain it as Hollywood has.

Everything WAS fine. If someone in sports management is orchestrating this to stir up division, they are taking a huge bet. I don't know what they are thinking or what they have planned, but for the life of me I cannot see any upside to all of this for anyone in the sports industry. It seems like a needless disruption that can only end in audience/revenue losses.

NFL decline over the last few years
- weird rules changes
- slow play/action = long drawn out games
- player behavior off field
- the concussion issue
- general bad reputation of so many players
- banning any display of Americanism/Patriotism/Christianity/Police or Military support
- and others...

Take all of this and mix in anti-Americanism and open anti-White Racism into the pot. Then add a big steaming helping of Politics and throw that in. Wow. That is stinky brew they're mixing up. Who do they think is going to drink it?

The NFL is so quick to ban little tiny things that either no one cares about or is something that would actually boost the game. A yet they support an active major disruption to the game by anti-American thugs? It makes absolutely no sense at all no matter how you look at it.

Someone from Mars would assume that management is either mentally challenged, or they are deliberately trying to commit suicide.

I don't know. I remain confused why no one why up there in the chain of command in the NFL doesn't say, "Ok kids. You've had your little 'outburst' or whatever. Now it's time to get back to the game."

But they won't do it. In fact they seem to support it. Are they crazy? I guess they want to go down with the ship for their cause, or causes or whatever this is about. They are willing to take the hits for this while nobody is completely sure even what it is they are fighting for? What is the goal? What is the expected outcome? There isn't a defined point.

They are protesting for the sake of protesting. Nothing more. And their 'enabler' parents are letting them get away with it. How can anyone solve a problem if the person complaining doesn't even know what they are mad about or what they want done? The whole thing is juvenile and idiotic. It is nothing more than a bunch of multi-millionaire children throwing a temper tantrum simply because they can.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #19 on: September 24, 2017, 10:02:05 pm »
I think all this only widens the divide within the country. Pushes everything further to an uncivil conclusion. Overall I don't think that is good.

But...

If we're going to be divided I'm not going to surrender to those who trash the country to make peace.

Especially when you stop and consider what that "peace" would look like.  This isn't just about refusing to honor the flag, it's a show of support for Black Lives Matter (and Antifa).  BLM has stated their goal is to crush all Police and render them unable to ever arrest a black person for any crime, and loot the rest of the country as "reparations."  Imagine what that would be like.

There would be no "peace," it would be out-and-out warfare in our urban areas.  Racist vigilantes would be sucked into the vacuum created, just for starters.

My prediction?  As of now, demographers say black folk are about 13% of the country.  That number would be 10% of a significantly reduced total after.  A lot of people would die needlessly, and black people would be even worse off than they think they are today.
I will NOT comply.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #20 on: September 24, 2017, 10:06:40 pm »

The precedent is already known and it is quite clear. Hollywood as a whole, along with the music industry, have made billions by pissing on the flag, disparaging America and Americans, and by promoting every kind of vile debauchery known to man. Granted, this attitude has affected them dearly, more than anyone will ever know, but they don't seem to mind. It seems that the only single thing in Hollywood that is more important than money, sex, and drugs, is to maintain 'the agenda'. They keep the Leftist agenda going at any costs. They don't seem to care.

Based on that, maybe the NFL, NBA, and ESPN, are also willing to sacrifice anything to keep 'the agenda' of hating America and, of course, President Trump going. The biggest difference is that Hollywood and music play to the Left. That is where the Left dwells. It is their environment. Whereas sports are not normally a big part of the Leftist world. Sports audiences are dominated mostly by the Right. So, they may not be able to sustain it as Hollywood has.

Everything WAS fine. If someone in sports management is orchestrating this to stir up division, they are taking a huge bet. I don't know what they are thinking or what they have planned, but for the life of me I cannot see any upside to all of this for anyone in the sports industry. It seems like a needless disruption that can only end in audience/revenue losses.

- weird rules changes
- the concussion issue
- banning any display of Americanism/Patriotism/Christianity/Police or Military support
- and others...

Take all of this and mix in anti-Americanism and open anti-White Racism into the pot. Then add a big steaming helping of Politics and throw that in. Wow. That is stinky brew they're mixing up. Who do they think is going to drink it?

The NFL is so quick to ban little tiny things that either no one cares about or is something that would actually boost the game. A yet they support an active major disruption to the game by anti-American thugs? It makes absolutely no sense at all no matter how you look at it.

Someone from Mars would assume that management is either mentally challenged, or they are deliberately trying to commit suicide.

I don't know. I remain confused why no one why up there in the chain of command in the NFL doesn't say, "Ok kids. You've had your little 'outburst' or whatever. Now it's time to get back to the game."

But they won't do it. In fact they seem to support it. Are they crazy? I guess they want to go down with the ship for their cause, or causes or whatever this is about. They are willing to take the hits for this while nobody is completely sure even what it is they are fighting for? What is the goal? What is the expected outcome? There isn't a defined point.

They are protesting for the sake of protesting. Nothing more. And their 'enabler' parents are letting them get away with it. How can anyone solve a problem if the person complaining doesn't even know what they are mad about or what they want done? The whole thing is juvenile and idiotic. It is nothing more than a bunch of multi-millionaire children throwing a temper tantrum simply because they can.

An excellent rant, one I most definitely agree with.  I just don't understand it.  Not even a little bit.  Some jackass Catcher for the Oakland A's pulled this yesterday.  Let's see if Baseball puts up with it.
I will NOT comply.

Online DB

« Reply #21 on: September 24, 2017, 10:13:52 pm »

- weird rules changes
- the concussion issue
- and others...

My guess is they'd rather lose their business than be branded racist for resisting black thuggery.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #22 on: September 24, 2017, 10:19:54 pm »
My guess is they'd rather lose their business than be branded racist for resisting black thuggery.

I think so too, and this sets up an interesting scenario.  They will lose their businesses if they continue to cave, there's no doubt in my mind.  And, they're terrified of their majority black players, who seem to be mindlessly following some movement.  I'd bet a majority of these players could not make a coherent defense of their actions, if they were ever asked (Spoiler:  they won't be).

But they may be on the way to losing them anyway because the concussion issue is threatening to collapse the entire sport under a cloud of lawsuits.
I will NOT comply.

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #23 on: September 24, 2017, 10:32:12 pm »
Agreed, CL.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline massadvj

• Editorial Advisor
« Reply #24 on: September 24, 2017, 10:34:21 pm »
Defending the National Anthem and condemning those who protest it is pretty much of a no brainer for any POTUS.  Trump went farther than most president's would have, but I didn't see anything in his comments that was out of bounds politically.  If the protesters "have the right" to kneel, then the fans also have the right not to patronize the teams.  Seems perfectly sensible to me.

As for calling out the owners, good for him.  I have no sympathy for NFL owners, except the owners of the Green Bay Packers (the only NFL team owned by the fans).