Author Topic: Karl Rove on NFL Protests: Trump Will Be ‘Walking Away From This a Loser’  (Read 15148 times)

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
Re: Karl Rove on NFL Protests: Trump Will Be ‘Walking Away From This a Loser’
« Reply #225 on: September 27, 2017, 04:36:11 am »

Now I would normally stop you right there, but out of respect for you , i'll continue reading.

Yeah,  I wonder if they measured how long the "audience"  watched.  I'm suspecting they did something like "page hits"  and not an actual in depth analysis of whether these were looky lou visitors wanting to see how the protest was going to go down,  or real viewers. 

We know they are going to say these are real viewers because they want to push that narrative.  We shall see within a week or so if there is anything to this claim,  but since it is ESPN and the Ft. Worth Star Telegram,  I suspect it's massaged and misleading information pretending to be a news story.

Look, if you want to twist stuff around like pretzels to try and claim the Cowboy game didn't get big ratings, well, I guess you can.

But they did and they always do.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #226 on: September 27, 2017, 04:39:08 am »
I'm sure your right. It's that first step that is tough, but they've already pushed me out the door. I sure as heck am not going to be the "battered wife" who keeps going back for more.

If you want to deprive yourself of something you enjoyed, that's your privilege. 

But don't try to make it an act of nobility.  Sheesh.

I like football and baseball and will watch them as long as they play them.

This is a stupid fad, made stupider by our president who won't shut up.

Offline corbe

« Reply #227 on: September 27, 2017, 04:40:00 am »
How the heck long can you hold a grudge?  I only held it about Landry for 3 or 4 years. 

I'm obviously a better person.

I'm still pizzed cause the colorized some of the Wizard of Oz and that happened before you were born, so show some respect for your Elders, damit @Emjay.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline jpsb

« Reply #228 on: September 27, 2017, 05:19:44 am »

@Emjay

Tell that to them. Tell them that honoring the vets that died for this country is a "stupid fad".

Offline jpsb

« Reply #229 on: September 27, 2017, 05:31:44 am »
As was said of him at the time,  George HW Bush not only didn't know where the battle lines were,  he didn't even realize he was in a war. 

@DiogenesLamp

Well there was your first mistake. George was on the other side. Granting he was dim witted tool and controlled by daddy Bush, but there is absolutely no doubt W sided with the globalist uniparty. I tried to warn everyone but no one listened. Steve Forbes was a MUCH better choice. Hell even Pat B was a better choice.

Al Gore? No freakin way, but seeing all the damage W did, if I could go back to 2000 I'd think long and hard about voting W.

Online DB

« Reply #230 on: September 27, 2017, 05:33:57 am »
I voted for Forbes...

Offline jpsb

« Reply #231 on: September 27, 2017, 05:39:45 am »
I voted for Forbes...

Yipee! You my breifer friend are one smart lady/gentleman.

I even sent him 50 bucks, I felt foolish sending a multi millionaire money but I did. Love
Forbes wish Trump would put him on Trumps' economic team.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2017, 05:40:20 am by jpsb »

Online DB

« Reply #232 on: September 27, 2017, 05:50:23 am »
I sent him money and bought his book...

Once you give a political donation they hound you for more for seeming forever...

Offline DiogenesLamp

« Reply #233 on: September 27, 2017, 01:42:46 pm »
The fans were booing because they did not know what was going on.  They thought the Cowboys were kneeling during the anthem.

When the Cowboys stood up and respected the flag and the anthem as they've always done, the booing stopped.

But the point remains that the fans did not like the kneeling,  and that's why they booed.   They recognized that action as a continuation of the protests against the Anthem. 

That they stopped booing does not constitute a "mulligan" for the players who did the wrong thing first. 

‘What all the wise men promised has not happened, and what all the damned fools said would happen has come to pass.’
— Lord Melbourne —

Offline DiogenesLamp

« Reply #234 on: September 27, 2017, 01:45:26 pm »
Look, if you want to twist stuff around like pretzels to try and claim the Cowboy game didn't get big ratings, well, I guess you can.

But they did and they always do.

You are twisting stuff around by claiming that is my point.   My point is that I don't know if their ratings were the result of people tuning in to see how they were going to handle the protest,  or if they were actual fans tuning in to watch the game. 

I think it is foolish to dismiss the anthem protest controversy on the basis of what Liberal news sources claim.   
‘What all the wise men promised has not happened, and what all the damned fools said would happen has come to pass.’
— Lord Melbourne —

Offline DiogenesLamp

« Reply #235 on: September 27, 2017, 01:53:18 pm »

He is not the only one who will not  shut up.   It's been something like 10 months since the election,  and there are still people who engage in incessant bitching about Trump. 

What is the "stupid fad" is the notion that people can piss on their audiences and disrespect their country,  and nobody has the guts to bitchslap them in the face for doing it.   

We get enough of this sh*t from the entertainment media people,  but nobody expected football teams to put meaningless political statements ahead of their interests in keeping an audience.   

They can't win this.   They will either have to keep kneeling indefinitely (and thereby continuously pissing off more and more of their blue collar fans)  or they will have to stop,  and that will make them appear to have capitulated.   

If I were Trump,   I would make it clear that the moment they stopped kneeling,  I was going to declare victory in the dispute.   This would antagonize them to double down,  and that is exactly what needs to happen so that these bastards can destroy their industry. 

Keep needling them Trump!  Turn these arrogant millionaires into impoverished ditch diggers!   Teach them some more facts of life! 
— Lord Melbourne —

Offline DiogenesLamp

« Reply #236 on: September 27, 2017, 01:55:53 pm »
@DiogenesLamp

Well there was your first mistake. George was on the other side.

Yeah,  but at the time I didn't realize there was "the other side."   I thought he was on my side.  I came to learn better.   

Granting he was dim witted tool and controlled by daddy Bush, but there is absolutely no doubt W sided with the globalist uniparty. I tried to warn everyone but no one listened. Steve Forbes was a MUCH better choice. Hell even Pat B was a better choice.

Al Gore? No freakin way, but seeing all the damage W did, if I could go back to 2000 I'd think long and hard about voting W.

George HW  Bush was the worst mistake Reagan ever made.   
— Lord Melbourne —

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #237 on: September 27, 2017, 02:42:00 pm »

But the point remains that the fans did not like the kneeling,  and that's why they booed.   They recognized that action as a continuation of the protests against the Anthem. 

That they stopped booing does not constitute a "mulligan" for the players who did the wrong thing first.

Still seems strange that the NFL is that stupid enough to royally piss off about half of their customer base.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

« Reply #238 on: September 27, 2017, 02:51:23 pm »
If you want to deprive yourself of something you enjoyed, that's your privilege. 

But don't try to make it an act of nobility.  Sheesh.

I like football and baseball and will watch them as long as they play them.

Players who lack principles and willing to subvert the country they live in are certainly capable of subverting the game of football.  Look for throwing games next for those without morality.

Your football games will be nothing more than watching WWF.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #239 on: September 27, 2017, 03:42:28 pm »
Players who lack principles and willing to subvert the country they live in are certainly capable of subverting the game of football.  Look for throwing games next for those without morality.

Your football games will be nothing more than watching WWF.

Basketball has been that way for years, and they didn't need to inject politics into the game to ruin the sport.  It just took a bunch of Refs cheerfully (and openly) accepting bribes.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2017, 03:43:08 pm by Cyber Liberty »
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #240 on: September 27, 2017, 04:05:02 pm »
Basketball has been that way for years, and they didn't need to inject politics into the game to ruin the sport.  It just took a bunch of Refs cheerfully (and openly) accepting bribes.

This is the beginning of what has been coming for a long time.    The public revolting against "Big Sports".   The anthem just provided the final straw. 

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #241 on: September 27, 2017, 04:05:23 pm »
@Emjay

Tell that to them. Tell them that honoring the vets that died for this country is a "stupid fad".

Don't try to somehow shame me out of guilt for our servicemen.

I hate it when the flat and the anthem are disrespected.  I hate it a lot.

I love and appreciate our service men and women.  I have several in my family.

But, it's still a stupid fad started by stupid people who don't even know what they're protesting and prolonged by the President giving it credence by harping on it every day.

Hey, if you want it to stop, let the market take over.  The minute some Black dude gets his Nike contract cancelled, you will see no more kneeling crap.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #242 on: September 27, 2017, 04:59:37 pm »
This is the first hint of the end of the kneeling during the Anthem movement.

Money talks and BS walks.

Anheuser-Busch, the official beer of the NFL since 2011, previously had declined to comment on the Ray Rice and Adrian Peterson cases, among others. But Tuesday, an A-B spokesperson released this statement:

"We are disappointed and increasingly concerned by the recent incidents that have overshadowed this NFL season. We are not yet satisfied with the league's handling of behaviors that so clearly go against our own company culture and moral code. We have shared our concerns and expectations with the league.

Now, if Trump will just shut up and let Beer talk.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #243 on: September 27, 2017, 05:06:36 pm »
For once we agree on this.  Trump has a golden opportunity to STFU.  May he see the golden path.

Don't say a damned thing and let AB do the right thing.

Added:  A closer examination of the Facebook page of AB reveals they are attempting to split the baby.  They are "examining" their advertising relationship, meaning they are changing nothing while attempting to placate the public.  Just as the Cowboys did.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2017, 05:18:53 pm by Cyber Liberty »
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline jpsb

« Reply #244 on: September 27, 2017, 05:19:16 pm »

Yeah,  but at the time I didn't realize there was "the other side."   I thought he was on my side.  I came to learn better.   You are forgiven W fooled a lot of people but we are wiser now and harder to fool

George HW  Bush was the worst mistake Reagan ever made. Agreed but did he have a choice?

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #245 on: September 27, 2017, 05:24:10 pm »
Agreed but did he have a choice?

Maybe not in 1980, but he did in 1984, and he chose to stick with GHWB.  GWB repeated that error in 2004.  As great as I thought Cheney was, he needed to be replaced with fresh blood.  Even a caveman could tell the Republican in 2008 would be crushed without a groomed successor, no matter who it would be.
I will NOT comply.

Offline jpsb

« Reply #246 on: September 27, 2017, 05:24:42 pm »

Now, if Trump will just shut up and let Beer talk.

@Cyber Liberty @Emjay

This is from another thread but I'll go ahead and post it here too

I'll bet the owners and broadcasters are in an absolute panic. They're probably
overwhelming "progressives" that thought buying into the antifa, BLM and anti-Trump
BS would be good for business. See we are on the correct side of the social issues
American is dealing with. LOL, boy oh boy did they blow it.

This is the greatest win in the culture wars EVER. Thank G*d Trump and normal
Americans took them on. Prior to this we had a few minor wins, Dicksey Chicks,
Target, Hobby Lobby, etc. But this time we stopped a full strength frontal assault
by everything the left has got. Just let that sink in, The left used everything they
have including the NFL to sell "America is racist and Trump voters are white
supremacists" they used EVERYTHING and it blew up in their face. The war is by
no means over, but now we now we can beat them.

Oh happy days.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rxAqIWNrfWA

off to lunch later briefers
« Last Edit: September 27, 2017, 05:27:08 pm by jpsb »

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #247 on: September 27, 2017, 05:53:31 pm »
I'm keeping the cork in my Champagne right now.
I will NOT comply.

Offline DiogenesLamp

« Reply #248 on: September 27, 2017, 06:39:12 pm »
Still seems strange that the NFL is that stupid enough to royally piss off about half of their customer base.

I read a good comment on this phenomena yesterday. 

They don’t care about the fans or money.

They care about, what Tom Wolfe called, status-spheres. People live in their own sphere and they gain or lose status within that sphere. To the New York CEOs and their top execs, the Trump voters are a mystery. They have no idea how Hillary lost (neither does she).

They know about getting awards for their latest PC culture adventure. They know - as all elites do - that we have an open borders, no borders, global economy and the only threat they face is ‘global warming’ and fear their various maids and nannies might get deported by Trump.

They DON’T CARE about the public or their customers.

14 posted on Tuesday, September 26, 2017 5:26:58 PM by TigerClaws

In the wealthy social circles in which they run,   money is not a problem,   but social acceptance,  otherwise known as "face"  is all they care about.   

— Lord Melbourne —

Offline DiogenesLamp

« Reply #249 on: September 27, 2017, 06:47:59 pm »
Maybe not in 1980, but he did in 1984, and he chose to stick with GHWB.  GWB repeated that error in 2004.  As great as I thought Cheney was, he needed to be replaced with fresh blood.  Even a caveman could tell the Republican in 2008 would be crushed without a groomed successor, no matter who it would be.

I disagree.  If they had chosen anyone but a black guy (It doesn't even matter that Obama was the guy,  pretty much any well spoken black guy could have done the trick)  they would have lost. 

"Operation Chaos"  was Rush Limbaugh's plan to get Hillary the nomination.   He could see the same thing that I saw at the time.   Hillary was a guaranteed loser.   Black people wouldn't come out for her,   and the media people wouldn't get orgasms thinking about electing her. 

There would have been no fire in the belly for her,  and she would have lost.   

Putting up a black guy made the thing a social justice warrior's dream,  and it filled the entire Sinistrosphere with enthusiasm.   The media weapon spoke. 

— Lord Melbourne —