Author Topic: Replacing the Republican Party  (Read 35140 times)

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Re: Replacing the Republican Party
« Reply #450 on: August 23, 2017, 11:33:22 pm »
I am head of that *committee*

@Bigun please edit your post...

It pains me to refuse your request but I must! 
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Mom MD

« Reply #451 on: August 23, 2017, 11:33:46 pm »

Donald Trump has appointed Gorsuch, (Thank You, also Sen. Cruz) and a few excellent Cabinet members, cut back a ton of economy crippling regulations, put the EPA on a leash, all the rest is just show and tell. IMHO

Vets are still dying in record numbers, DACA (EO) is still on the books, but the MSM is pissed, so I should be happy, right?

Don't forget we still have Obamacare and I have seen nary a tax cut.
God is still in control

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #452 on: August 23, 2017, 11:34:31 pm »
Some think they are conservative when they are not.  There are some principles that one cannot compromise and still remain conservative.

@Mom MD

Saying someone is a conservative or not a conservative all depends on the POV of the speaker. Michael Moore would consider Lenin to be a conservative,and Barry Goldwater to be a Nazi. From the point of view of the insane imaginary world or Koo Koo Koko-Puffs he lives on,he is right.

Thus all the arguments. MY definition of "conservative" means someone that adheres to the standards set forth in the Declaration of Independence,the Bill of Rights,and the rest of the US Constitution. Sticking by what a bunch of "old white guys" thought a couple of hundred years ago makes me a fire-breathing radical to of todays Dims,and most of todays alleged Republicans. None the less,that IS my POV,and I'm sticking with it as the ideal to work towards.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
« Reply #453 on: August 23, 2017, 11:36:02 pm »

Yep and GOP leadership has made sure of that
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #454 on: August 23, 2017, 11:36:27 pm »
I made a mistake on the post you quoted. You have to go back up to see the correction.

I misread it. This is a list of approved slurs we can call each other. Won't that be fun. Would you like that, kiddies?

"Slurs" are in the mind of the posters.  I think it's a little unfair for you to suggest people who post are aware of what's going on in the minds of other posters.  A lot of this crap we have in this great War of the Trump would not be happening but for this insistence people seem to have of knowing what's going on in other peoples minds.

Check your assumptions there.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline aligncare

« Reply #455 on: August 23, 2017, 11:39:54 pm »

That can't be laid solely at the feet of Donald Trump. I'm sure if Pres. Trump could do it in an EO he would have already.

There's always congresscritters to deal with and their agendas.

Offline Mom MD

« Reply #456 on: August 23, 2017, 11:41:31 pm »
@Mom MD

Saying someone is a conservative or not a conservative all depends on the POV of the speaker. Michael Moore would consider Lenin to be a conservative,and Barry Goldwater to be a Nazi. From the point of view of the insane imaginary world or Koo Koo Koko-Puffs he lives on,he is right.

Thus all the arguments. MY definition of "conservative" means someone that adheres to the standards set forth in the Declaration of Independence,the Bill of Rights,and the rest of the US Constitution. Sticking by what a bunch of "old white guys" thought a couple of hundred years ago makes me a fire-breathing radical to of todays Dims,and most of todays alleged Republicans. None the less,that IS my POV,and I'm sticking with it as the ideal to work towards.

Moral relativism is what has gotten us into this mess in the first place. While relativity works in physics, it does not in politics, religion or morality.  While I agree with your definition of conservatism, there needs to be one definition of the conservative party or platform against which all are measured - not your definition or mine.  Then everyone knows what the definition of a conservative is, and can decide if they agree enough to join the party or not.  I am old fashioned enough to believe there is an absolute truth and an absolute standard that does not change with the whims of modern culture.
God is still in control

Offline driftdiver

« Reply #457 on: August 23, 2017, 11:42:24 pm »
@driftdiver
Not threatened at all. I ain't the one whining for safe spaces.
All I am is disgusted.

@roamer_1

Nobody said anything about a safe space.  That is a logical fallacy.

A safe space is where an idea can't be threatened.  Ive said nothing about not challenging ideas.  Wait I guess there is a movement to make this place a safe space.  One where anyone who supports any action of Trump is ridiculed and demeaned with impunity.  And should they say anything about that even in a respectful way it scared people so much that they run away or hurl  more insults.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #458 on: August 23, 2017, 11:43:24 pm »

@Jazzhead   
We may disagree on the government's role regarding abortion, for example,

There will NEVER be a majority agreement on abortion rights,regardless of who sets the standards. There are loons that have religious dogma barking in their ear that a woman MUST give birth even it it is guaranteed to kill her because somehow Gawd loves to see mothers did and leave motherless children behind,and the loons in opposition insists that women have right to abort children after live birth.

MOST of us are somewhere in the middle-ground,but no larger middle-ground exists anywhere in the known universe. Two people who disagree on ONE aspect will start shrieking in horror and indignation once that ONE aspect it brought into a discussion where they had been agreeing on everything else.

It is probably the greatest moral dilemma of our time and I have no intention of arguing or discussing it here. Just accept there are wildly different opinions that are passionately held,and leave it at that.

« Last Edit: August 23, 2017, 11:44:41 pm by sneakypete »
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline Mom MD

« Reply #459 on: August 23, 2017, 11:46:56 pm »
That can't be laid solely at the feet of Donald Trump. I'm sure if Pres. Trump could do it in an EO he would have already.

There's always congresscritters to deal with and their agendas.

There is more Trump could have done/can do. He can remove congresses exemption from Obamacare with one stroke of a pen, and I bet we would see our elected critters scramble to do something then.  He could use his bully pulpit to keep Obamacare and tax cuts at the forefront of the discussion not get sidetracked down multiple squirrel trails that do nothing but inflame the people he needs to work with.  He could work with the leadership of the house and senate to remove chairmanships and plum committee appointments from the congresscritters that will not play ball with the agenda he was elected to enact (oops, that is if he hadn't spent the last few weeks sniping at the leadership so hard that they would not spit on him if he was on fire)  He does not get a free pass just because he needs to deal with congress - and by the way he is the one that told us he could make deals with anyone....

God is still in control

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #460 on: August 23, 2017, 11:47:32 pm »
I made a mistake on the post you quoted. You have to go back up to see the correction.

I misread it. This is a list of approved slurs we can call each other. Won't that be fun. Would you like that, kiddies?

You really did misread it because you are the only one using the word 'slurs'.  I think it is very clear that was not what I said, but here we are continuing down the road of Trumpers trying to get a thread shut down.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #461 on: August 23, 2017, 11:49:22 pm »

@roamer_1

A safe space is where an idea can't be threatened.  Ive said nothing about not challenging ideas.  Wait I guess there is a movement to make this place a safe space.  One where anyone who supports any action of Trump is ridiculed and demeaned with impunity.  And should they say anything about that even in a respectful way it scared people so much that they run away or hurl  more insults.

Oh bullcrap. When people are whining and crying and throwing dirt in the air about something as innocuous as 'Trumper', that's nothing but a cry for safe spaces.

PC-baiting idiocy that belongs on the left.

Offline aligncare

« Reply #462 on: August 23, 2017, 11:52:01 pm »
@roamer_1

I'll say it out loud. There's almost nothing the anti Trump media says about Trump that I agree with.

There, I said it: I love Donald Trump.  :silly:

Offline driftdiver

« Reply #463 on: August 23, 2017, 11:57:01 pm »
Moral relativism is what has gotten us into this mess in the first place. While relativity works in physics, it does not in politics, religion or morality.  While I agree with your definition of conservatism, there needs to be one definition of the conservative party or platform against which all are measured - not your definition or mine.  Then everyone knows what the definition of a conservative is, and can decide if they agree enough to join the party or not.  I am old fashioned enough to believe there is an absolute truth and an absolute standard that does not change with the whims of modern culture.

@Mom MD

I think everyone here would agree that moral relativism got us into this mess.  The real world isn't black and white and we are often forced to pick between two seriously imperfect candidates.  The real questioon is what do we do about it.

Do we;  just stop voting, vote for our perfect candidate who has no chance of winning, or vote for who we think has the best chance while being reasonably acceptable.

All of this is complicated by the media and a very chaotic election cycle.  Also by opponents who do anything and everything to gum up the works.  Then there's corruption and people inside our country working to bring it down.

I think the real question is where do we go from here.  I've chosen to make lemonade.  Do the best we can to move back from the edge and work to support better candidates in the future.

In the history of this country we have had very very few perfect candidates.    But let's say we dump the GOP and build a new party.  That will take decades.  What will the leftists do in the meantime?

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #464 on: August 24, 2017, 12:00:12 am »
There, I said it: I love Donald Trump.  :silly:

We know.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline aligncare

« Reply #465 on: August 24, 2017, 12:00:15 am »

I'll say one last thing. Now that Donald Trump is head of the Republican Party there's a lot of talk about replacing the Republican Party. Coincidence?  NeverTrump agitprop? Solar eclipse? You decide.

Offline Mom MD

« Reply #466 on: August 24, 2017, 12:01:57 am »
@Mom MD

I think everyone here would agree that moral relativism got us into this mess.  The real world isn't black and white and we are often forced to pick between two seriously imperfect candidates.  The real questioon is what do we do about it.

Do we;  just stop voting, vote for our perfect candidate who has no chance of winning, or vote for who we think has the best chance while being reasonably acceptable.

All of this is complicated by the media and a very chaotic election cycle.  Also by opponents who do anything and everything to gum up the works.  Then there's corruption and people inside our country working to bring it down.

I think the real question is where do we go from here.  I've chosen to make lemonade.  Do the best we can to move back from the edge and work to support better candidates in the future.

In the history of this country we have had very very few perfect candidates.    But let's say we dump the GOP and build a new party.  That will take decades.  What will the leftists do in the meantime?

Leftists will continue to do what they are doing now.  Winning.  Watching the chaos on the right.  It may take years to build a conservative party from the ground up, but it will take longer if we never start.  Its not like we are getting anywhere now.
God is still in control

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #467 on: August 24, 2017, 12:05:20 am »
I'll say one last thing. Now that Donald Trump is head of the Republican Party there's a lot of talk about replacing the Republican Party. Coincidence?  NeverTrump agitprop? Solar eclipse? You decide.

Sorry, I walked off from the Republicans in 2007, and stated then, and all along, that it is no longer the home of Conservatism, and that it needs to go the way of the Whigs. Thankfully, more and more, folks are finding out I am right.

Offline driftdiver

« Reply #468 on: August 24, 2017, 12:06:36 am »
Leftists will continue to do what they are doing now.  Winning.  Watching the chaos on the right.  It may take years to build a conservative party from the ground up, but it will take longer if we never start.  Its not like we are getting anywhere now.

@Mom MD

In my opinion it will take the rest of this countries existence to create a new party powerful enough to take the white house and Congress.

Far easier to pass term limits and repeal the 17th amendment.

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #469 on: August 24, 2017, 12:08:09 am »

A lot of people have been saying it for quite a while.  It just took Donald Trump as head of the Republican Party for the dumbest among us to believe them.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #470 on: August 24, 2017, 12:09:18 am »
I'll say one last thing.

I have a whole sheet of $100 bills that says you have lots more to say.

[attachment deleted by admin]
I will NOT comply.

Offline RetBobbyMI

« Reply #471 on: August 24, 2017, 12:12:00 am »
If the Republican Party itself isn't the problem and it seems the Republicans in the US Congress can't get anything done, then the problem probably has to do with how long members homestead in those offices. Maybe Term Limits IS the answer!
"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid."  -- John Wayne
"Talk sense to a fool and he calls you foolish.� ? Euripides, The Bacchae
"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.� ? Laurence J. Peter, The Peter Principle
"A stupid man's report of what a clever man says can never be accurate, because he unconsciously translates what he hears into something he can understand.� ? Bertrand Russell, A History of Western Philosophy

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #472 on: August 24, 2017, 12:12:43 am »

Well said and correct Mom MD.

The corruption is in the bone and bloodstream of the system now. 

Working within it will simply infect whatever is attempted to mitigate the spread.

Either the cancer is cut out - which at this stage is too late because it is in every single major organ and has insulated itself from being able to be done peaceably without killing the patient - or we get out of the diseased body, start new and healthy cells and over time, get the system to reject the corruption for the healthy cells.

Or, the Republic and the liberty it was intended to preserve dies - and MarxEngle's monster takes it's place, permanently.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Online corbe

« Reply #473 on: August 24, 2017, 12:15:15 am »
A lot of people have been saying it for quite a while.  It just took Donald Trump as head of the Republican Party for the dumbest among us to believe them.

I knew they screwed the pooch and were capable of anything when they tried to pass Romney off as a Conservative, that was my red line.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #474 on: August 24, 2017, 12:18:42 am »
As the Mod noted earlier in the thread - this is what the Trump Faithful/Trump Militant/Trump Supporters/AlwaysTrump/GOP Party Hacks/Establishment Bootlickers ALWAYS, ALWAYS do to threads that hit too close to home with the truth, which is to say it is the same exact tactic the Communist Left does to anyone noting the truth within their spheres of influence...

... they turn the thread into an insult brawl to get the topic shut down.

Which if they succeed in doing, I will merely repost the OP, again and again.

Because the topic of discussion is the absolute necessity of replacing the Republican Party as your party if you are a Conservative, because it needs to go the way of the Whigs.

Yes, and it's those same whiners, over and over again.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.