Author Topic: Replacing the Republican Party  (Read 35136 times)

Offline roamer_1

Re: Replacing the Republican Party
« Reply #400 on: August 23, 2017, 09:31:19 pm »
Except that there is a definition of morality that maintains (conserves) civilization, in our case Judeo-Christian civilization, and therefore the nation as it was intended at founding.

And no other will do. The more that root is cut away, the further down the hole we go, and the faster the swirl becomes.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #401 on: August 23, 2017, 09:34:52 pm »
@INVAR
uh huh, yeah right.  And unicorns can crap icecream

And therein lies the absolute limit of your ability to argue or debate anything.

About the same level of your average Antifa protestor.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #402 on: August 23, 2017, 09:38:13 pm »
And therein lies the absolute limit of your ability to argue or debate anything.

Yes, but that was a most excellent picture of unicorn crap he posted.  There may be a problem with the content, but the form is great....  ^-^
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
« Reply #403 on: August 23, 2017, 09:42:20 pm »

@INVAR

You never debate anything.  You just say anyone who doesn't agree with you is evil.
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #404 on: August 23, 2017, 09:45:32 pm »
Hmm. Brought up an interesting point. I'll take a stab.

Couple of points. This is all from memory, but didn't National Review declare themselves NeverTrump. So, as a group of conservatives and republicans who have taken that stance, how best to refer to them?

Donald Trump is one person who sought the voting public's support and got it.

I buy a magazine. I support a president.

Sorry, best I can do at the moment.
Really this is a little over the top, I don't see it as an insult when I say Trumper and probably you don't see it as an insult if you were to say NeverTrumper,  now if I were to use a term I have in the past in the heat of primaries like sTrumpettes, that would be and was intended to be imflamatory. I just don't see getting bent out of shape over what are basicly innocuous descriptive terms. We should save our outrage for what is actually serious.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #405 on: August 23, 2017, 09:46:43 pm »
You know in fact, I didn't even notice corbe used the slur 'Trumper'. That's how conditioned I have become to seeing it.

I believed corbe's post reasonable until you pointed that out. It's a little thing, I know. But, it means a lot. Careful choice of words show a certain level of respect. It's gotta start somewhere.
Well, now that you have established that "trumper" is offensive to you, then I would assume you would find it offensive with the prefix "never", as well. Like putting "Mother" in front of another word people find offensive, it doesn't seem to lessen the vitriolic nature of most comments.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #406 on: August 23, 2017, 09:58:12 pm »
That's a pantload, AC and you know it.  You wouldn't think twice about calling somebody a "Cruzer," the primary difference being the supporter of Cruz wouldn't take the slightest offense to it.  "Trumper" is the biggest flop of a pejorative I've ever seen.  I'd insist they do better if they want to insult me.
I used to say "Trump Supporter", but then I thought about those who support athletics, and I just couldn't continue to type with a straight face.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline libertybele

« Reply #407 on: August 23, 2017, 10:07:20 pm »
Trumper, Trumper, Trumper, Trumper .... Trump Supporter ... Trump Supporter ... Trump Supporter.  Trumpster, Trumpster, Trumpster...  Good grief.  What's the big deal?  Can we please get back on topic?
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline driftdiver

« Reply #408 on: August 23, 2017, 10:09:50 pm »
Well, now that you have established that "trumper" is offensive to you, then I would assume you would find it offensive with the prefix "never", as well. Like putting "Mother" in front of another word people find offensive, it doesn't seem to lessen the vitriolic nature of most comments.

@Smokin Joe

Why do you always have to use a negative to refer to someone who doesnt condemn trump on whatever the current attack Trump talking point of the day?

Can't you show respect for a fellow American?

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #409 on: August 23, 2017, 10:11:06 pm »
I just don't see getting bent out of shape over what are basically innocuous descriptive terms. We should save our outrage for what is actually serious.

^^^^^This right here.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Online corbe

« Reply #410 on: August 23, 2017, 10:12:54 pm »
  @libertybele  party pooper

Trumper, Trumper, Trumper, Trumper .... Trump Supporter ... Trump Supporter ... Trump Supporter.  Trumpster, Trumpster, Trumpster...  Good grief.  What's the big deal?  Can we please get back on topic?
« Last Edit: August 23, 2017, 10:14:24 pm by corbe »
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline driftdiver

« Reply #411 on: August 23, 2017, 10:16:41 pm »
^^^^^This right here.

@Cyber Liberty

The constant use of negative pejoratives to refer to people who support Trump is childish.   You get called on it and do nothing but whine and cry. 

Offline GtHawk

« Reply #412 on: August 23, 2017, 10:19:31 pm »

Offline aligncare

« Reply #413 on: August 23, 2017, 10:27:44 pm »
Really this is a little over the top, I don't see it as an insult when I say Trumper and probably you don't see it as an insult if you were to say NeverTrumper,  now if I were to use a term I have in the past in the heat of primaries like sTrumpettes, that would be and was intended to be imflamatory. I just don't see getting bent out of shape over what are basicly innocuous descriptive terms. We should save our outrage for what is actually serious.

I see the names Trumper and worse all over the net. I don't know those folks. Doesn't bother me.

I do know who here doesn't like Trump and they all know that I do. That's been well established. These are folks I've hung out with for years before Trump sucked the oxygen out of here.

So, the only things not established are the facts. In today's toxic political environment, with an unmistakable opposition media engaged in a silient coup, the facts are often in dispute in the face of unsubstantiated rumor, gossip, agitprop, propaganda, political jealousies and paybacks.

I'm happy to argue facts, but not constant school yard slurs from people who are not using Trumper like a good natured rib from a friend. They say it to demean.

Offline GtHawk

« Reply #414 on: August 23, 2017, 10:28:17 pm »
@Cyber Liberty

The constant use of negative pejoratives to refer to people who support Trump is childish.   You get called on it and do nothing but whine and cry.
Dude, it's not like this is practiced by one group only

Offline driftdiver

« Reply #415 on: August 23, 2017, 10:32:33 pm »
Dude, it's not like this is practiced by one group only

@GtHawk

You're right.  The leftists and RNC rhinos also commonly use it.   As the more eloquent @aligncare stated it's used to demean by those groups as well.

Offline aligncare

« Reply #416 on: August 23, 2017, 10:32:41 pm »
@Cyber Liberty

These folks are chomping at the bit to argue with Trump supporters yet can't or won't stick to the issues without letting you know as a Trump supporter you are benighted.

Offline GtHawk

« Reply #417 on: August 23, 2017, 10:39:39 pm »
@GtHawk

You're right.  The leftists and RNC rhinos also commonly use it.   As the more eloquent @aligncare stated it's used to demean by those groups as well.
Wow I have had enough of the poor little me crap on this thread, it's amazing I thought we were supposed to be adults but that can't be, adults can't be as easily as offended as this on a Conservative forum..........can they? It's more like listening to a bunch of whiny millennial victims. Count me out, Adios, Auf Wiedersehen, Chow,
Később találkozunk! The Hawk has hit the road.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #418 on: August 23, 2017, 10:40:11 pm »
@Cyber Liberty

If you want to fixate on such a ridiculous thing, that's your business.  Who am I to argue?
I will NOT comply.

Offline aligncare

« Reply #419 on: August 23, 2017, 10:41:20 pm »
@GtHawk

And that's a critical point; a flaw in NeverTrump, where they can't quite unshackle themselves from that commonality they share with leftist and democrats – visceral, intense (take your pick) dislike for Donald Trump.

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #420 on: August 23, 2017, 10:41:41 pm »
 *****rollingeyes*****

Unsubscribe.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #421 on: August 23, 2017, 10:42:52 pm »
And that's a critical point; a flaw in NeverTrump, where they can't quite unshackle themselves from that commonality they share with leftist and democrats – visceral, intense (take your pick) dislike for Donald Trump.

Bovine fecal matter!  100% USDA Choice!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline aligncare

« Reply #422 on: August 23, 2017, 10:51:56 pm »

And, on a tread regarding replacing the Republican Party, the subject of Donald Trump is completely on topic, NeverTrump is completely on topic. Donald Trump has redefined politics today and uncovered the greatest rift in the Republican Party since Goldwater.

Online corbe

« Reply #423 on: August 23, 2017, 10:53:13 pm »

Your just baiting us azzhole NeverTrumpers with that dribble aren't you @aligncare
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline aligncare

« Reply #424 on: August 23, 2017, 10:54:34 pm »
Bovine fecal matter!  100% USDA Choice!

You're saying no one here we interact with everyday has a visceral dislike of Donald Trump? Astounding.