Author Topic: Ivanka Trump makes her case for national paid family leave program  (Read 7866 times)

Offline InHeavenThereIsNoBeer

Re: Ivanka Trump makes her case for national paid family leave program
« Reply #100 on: July 13, 2017, 05:08:11 am »
That is final, solid proof that Trump is Hitlerian. Good thing #nevertrump pointed this out.

Three people history will, and should, remember for uncounted generations shown in black and white, and a circus clown.
My avatar shows the national debt in stacks of $100 bills.  If you look very closely under the crane you can see the Statue of Liberty.

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
« Reply #101 on: July 13, 2017, 11:39:37 am »
Three people history will, and should, remember for uncounted generations shown in black and white, and a circus clown.

Fascism will come hiding behind Godwin's law.

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

« Reply #102 on: July 13, 2017, 01:08:03 pm »
I never mentioned the little corporal, so I'm not sure where that was extracted from. It wasn't mine.
Nor mine. I was talking about a poor kid.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #103 on: July 13, 2017, 04:34:53 pm »
Nor mine. I was talking about a poor kid.
We both were. She'd be in her 40s now. I was a fresh EMT, and man, that's when I found out fast that kids are the roughest calls. I ran some brutal car wrecks that never bothered me like that.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

« Reply #104 on: July 13, 2017, 09:30:17 pm »
We both were. She'd be in her 40s now. I was a fresh EMT, and man, that's when I found out fast that kids are the roughest calls. I ran some brutal car wrecks that never bothered me like that.
Physical wrecks of some innocent is really bad.

My daughter is a social worker that has told me some horror stories on the abuse side so bad that I sometimes wanted to either cry or go take the SOB out myself.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #105 on: July 13, 2017, 10:21:02 pm »
Physical wrecks of some innocent is really bad.

My daughter is a social worker that has told me some horror stories on the abuse side so bad that I sometimes wanted to either cry or go take the SOB out myself.
On occasion you just go put out the fire. Sometimes, there is a tragic mess that is just that, tragic. Blown tire, head on, messy, sad. Stupid human tricks. You extricate the victims, stabilize, transport/fly out the living, (this was pre-airbag) and all too often had to speak with the relatives.
But the worst were when kids got hurt, and the worst of the worst were when some bleep did it to them on purpose. On a few occasions we kept each other out of trouble by grabbing a fellow firefighter and putting them out of the way to cool down--no apology necessary, because we'd all been there.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis