Author Topic: BREAKING! Congressman Steve Scalise, Aides shot at baseball practice  (Read 41358 times)

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
Re: BREAKING! Congressman Steve Scalise, Aides shot at baseball practice
« Reply #600 on: June 14, 2017, 09:44:05 pm »
@austingirl

I am laughing my ass off while thinking of all the idiot lefties who requested they be his facebook friends are slapping themselves on the foreheads now,and saying "WHY did I do that? WHY?????? WAAAAHHH!"

I have no doubt some of those idiots will be answering knocks on their doors in the next day or two.

Good point @sneakypete. Listening to presser now- apparently the leftist shooter was in the area since March and may have been living in his car.
Principles matter. Words matter.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #601 on: June 14, 2017, 09:50:24 pm »
Maybe you could save that for another time and place.

@Sanguine   @txradioguy  @Right_in_Virginia

WHY would he want to? To repay txradioguy for all the kindnesses he has shown towards people that voted for Trump? (EXTREME sarcasm in this one)
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #602 on: June 14, 2017, 09:53:19 pm »

@txradioguy

@Right_in_Virginia

I'm betting the slap fights Bathhouse Barry used to get into in Chicago were epic events. Hair pulled,faces scratched,hissy-fits all OVER the damn place!

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #603 on: June 14, 2017, 09:54:59 pm »
Just like Obama telegraphs that rioting and shooting cops is OK, Trump has made it clear that the media are a legitimate target ("A clear and present danger")

@Cripplecreek

You say that just like he is wrong and the media are our friends.

The truth is they are our most dangerous enemy.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #604 on: June 14, 2017, 09:57:34 pm »
Give me a break.

On this very site someone proposed marching on Washington DC with guns.

I don't see either side as better with calls to violence any more.

@Weird Tolkienish Figure @skeeter

You are misquoting me there,either by mistake or purposely. I wrote that if things kept going the way they were going it wouldn't surprise me to see that happening. I dd NOT "propose" we do it.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #605 on: June 14, 2017, 10:00:12 pm »
I work in a medical environment that many on the right now consider to be left wing (Politics are strictly off limits there) and the threats I see seem to be coming from the right almost exclusively. Sadly I agree with the core issues of many of their complaints but there is no such thing as good irrationality and they are only driving me away. Not to the left, but away.

@Cripplecreek

If that is what is making you act like  Arianna,you need a different job and different friends.

Offline endicom

« Reply #606 on: June 14, 2017, 10:00:48 pm »
By the time the war ended  his mother was also killed during the bombing of Berlin. He was maybe 14,and the sole survivor of his family.

I once worked with a couple of German immigrants who were about that age at the end of the war. One told me he was placed in the navy and put on a ship that stayed in port. The war ended and we put them on a ship that sailed to New York Harbor where they could see the Statue of Liberty. In a few days they sailed back to Germany and he was released.

The other said he was put in the army where they were given rifles and uniforms and put on a road to the front, the eldest as leader. When they came to a stream the leader had them throw the rifles and uniforms into the water and they walked to a town where they tried to fit in. The Americans weren't fooled so they were placed in a camp for a short time and then released.

Those were their stories as I recall them. It seemed clear that there were few German believers by war's end.

Offline Old Warrior in Exile

« Reply #607 on: June 14, 2017, 10:04:23 pm »
We should now capitalize on this opportunity to bring about more gun control.

A law should be passed that no one who is currently registered as a Democrat will be allowed to buy, sell or lawfully possess any firearm.

(It's no more absurd than some of their own harebrained schemes.)
Barba non facit philosophum.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #608 on: June 14, 2017, 10:04:56 pm »
This is my point. Not to say there aren't wackos on both sides, there always have been; but its clearly the left that has institutionalized the hatred and is driving things to a violent conclusion.

@skeeter

I know I am going to get slammed for this,but no longer give a damn. The FACT is that the Dims are "herd people",not individuals and leaders. Most are incapable of thinking for themselves and making rational decisions,which is why they dream of being a part of the Borg,where they are told what to do and how to do it so that nothing is ever their fault.

THAT is what makes those people so dangerous. They swallow the rhetoric whole and believe every word they hear from people like the Clintons and Bathhouse Barry is the pure gospel truth. They are drones with pulses.

On the other hand,most conservatives are smart and capable enough they want to live free to make their own decisions. Including making up their own minds about what is true and what is false.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #609 on: June 14, 2017, 10:07:41 pm »
@Cripplecreek

If that is what is making you act like  Arianna,you need a different job and different friends.

Fascinating, isn't it? A continuing stream of what is wrong with conservatives.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #610 on: June 14, 2017, 10:11:29 pm »
We can only hope self preservation rules the day.  Perhaps the Secret Service needs to get some CCW permits quickly approved for members of the Executive and those that are willing to carry in the House and Senate.

Back to the days of Reagan when even the POTUS kept a .38 in his briefcase.
[/quo

@txradioguy

They are just being "politik". The truth is there is not a cop in DC that is going to arrest a sober congresscritter or US Senator for carrying a concealed gun. Remember the "BIG Hoo Hah" over one of Senator Ted Kennedy's personal bodyguards getting caught with a loaded Uzi under his jacket when he went through the "wrong" entrance that had a metal detector?

Probably not. Reported once and disappeared. He was "detained" for maybe 15 minutes until a call could get through to Kennedy's office,and they immediately gave him the Uzi back and let him go.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Here's an interesting question : How does a schlub like this guy know that the Congressmen are playing a baseball game?

This isn't very public knowledge. It isn't even in the news.

@SirLinksALot

It's hardly a secret. It's a public park,and they had been practicing there pretty much every morning for the  last two months,and this has been going on for years. You didn't hear about it before this because it isn't news.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #612 on: June 14, 2017, 10:18:01 pm »
Fascinating, isn't it? A continuing stream of what is wrong with conservatives.

What conservatives are you referring to?

@Cripplecreek IS a conservative.  Those he criticizes are not.

Besides which, why is there call for personal attacks on this thread?

Stop it.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #613 on: June 14, 2017, 10:18:18 pm »
It is the atmosphere that the 'rats have created, beginning with Barack Hussein Obama
and the police shootings.

This assassination attempt can be laid at their feet.

Bastards, all.

@Old Warrior in Exile

Too bad the shooter died. Bathhouse Barry could have invited him to some exclusive golf course bar for a "beer summit".

OOOPS! That's right,THIS murderer is white,and only BLACK criminals got invited to beer summits.

My bad.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #614 on: June 14, 2017, 10:20:56 pm »

Malcolm Harris‏Verified account @BigMeanInternet
 If the shooter has a serious health condition then is taking potshots at the GOP house leadership considered self defense?

Malcolm is an employee of VOX.

@Right_in_Virginia

I have been predicting ever since the shooting happened that it wouldn't take the left more than a day or two to justify the shooting by saying "the poor man was distressed because the evil Republicans took away his Obomber Care!"

Didn't even take them until dark.

Offline pjohns

« Reply #615 on: June 14, 2017, 10:23:56 pm »
Quite a few people have been suggesting that we may be headed for a second civil war in this country.

Personally, I would prefer to avoid such talk, as any such development would be utterly devastating--to put it mildly.

But I do have to wonder if these were just the opening shots fired in such a war.

(Obviously, the shooter was unhinged; nonetheless, it is an open question, I think, as to whether others may follow his lead--and justify it with the platitude, "The end justifies the means.") 

Offline Mom MD

« Reply #616 on: June 14, 2017, 10:31:32 pm »

We should now capitalize on this opportunity to bring about more gun control.

A law should be passed that no one who is currently registered as a Democrat will be allowed to buy, sell or lawfully possess any firearm.

(It's no more absurd than some of their own harebrained schemes.)

:amen:

And might I suggest any registered republican or conservative have immediate nation wide constitutional carry.
God is still in control

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
« Reply #617 on: June 14, 2017, 10:34:45 pm »

:amen:

And might I suggest any registered republican or conservative have immediate nation wide constitutional carry.

Sounds good to me.

I am interested in finding where and when the leftist shooter obtained his guns and his previous experience with firearms, if any.
Principles matter. Words matter.

Silver Pines

« Reply #618 on: June 14, 2017, 10:41:35 pm »
Gingrich on his soapbox right now.   
Too bad they can't just offer prayers and not exploit something unavoidable.
Wasn't Palin's fault that Gabby Giffords was shot and this shooting's blame belongs to the shooter ALONE.

@Rivergirl

Gingrich can't not climb on his soapbox.  He loves the sound of his own voice too much.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #619 on: June 14, 2017, 10:43:32 pm »
@Weird Tolkienish Figure @skeeter

You are misquoting me there,either by mistake or purposely. I wrote that if things kept going the way they were going it wouldn't surprise me to see that happening. I dd NOT "propose" we do it.

Exactly. If one side continues to provoke with violence the other will eventually respond.

While those who respond will be and should be responsible for whatever action they end up taking still they will have been acting defensively.

To be sure once both sides square up the results will be very bad.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2017, 12:28:21 am by skeeter »

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #620 on: June 14, 2017, 10:46:55 pm »
@Cripplecreek

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and to remove all doubt. :whistle:
« Last Edit: June 14, 2017, 10:47:32 pm by txradioguy »
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #621 on: June 14, 2017, 11:03:55 pm »
Quite a few people have been suggesting that we may be headed for a second civil war in this country.

Personally, I would prefer to avoid such talk, as any such development would be utterly devastating--to put it mildly.

But I do have to wonder if these were just the opening shots fired in such a war.

(Obviously, the shooter was unhinged; nonetheless, it is an open question, I think, as to whether others may follow his lead--and justify it with the platitude, "The end justifies the means.")

@pjohns

(Obviously, the shooter was unhinged;

So was the leftist that shot the Arch-Duke that started WW-1.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #622 on: June 14, 2017, 11:13:15 pm »

So was the leftist that shot the Arch-Duke that started WW-1.

That's funny - I recall him being a Serbian Nationalist, not a Commie.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline goatprairie

« Reply #623 on: June 14, 2017, 11:13:25 pm »
Barely 11 minutes ago Mod2 asked politely that we stay on topic. No more debate over Rush Limbaugh on this thread.
Sorry...only saw this after I mentioned Rush in a response.

Offline NavyCanDo

« Reply #624 on: June 14, 2017, 11:16:21 pm »
That Shakespeare Play isn't so funny anymore, is it?
A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn